PDA

View Full Version : Battlefront II Multipacks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-12-2007, 04:00 PM
RS and GH have links to a ToyWiz page (that isn't currently working) but it looks like there will be some pretty sweet-lookin' multipacks of clones and droids based off of the game, with ginormous weapons. These will be pretty sweet in dioramas.

LTBasker
04-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Yeah, they don't look too bad but I'm rather disappointed as I've been wanting the unique characters from BF1-

-Green striped AOTC Clone with jetpack
-Female Rebel sniper
-Female Rebel sniper (Hoth)
-Blue chested Battle Droid (aka: Pilot Droid) with rocket launcher
-Rebel soldier (Endor Rebel-style fatigues but mostly in grey for the urban settings)
-Rebel soldier with rocket launcher (he's wearing Endor Rebel fatigues but the jacket is black, pants are brown and he has a Fleet Trooper helmet)

Kidhuman
04-12-2007, 07:07 PM
I might get these. Unsure yet. Some BF figs would be nice. I do have the BF1 Biker Scout which is pretty sweet too.

VidKidd
04-12-2007, 08:55 PM
ill most likely get the clone set. Sense right now my funds are more to the low side, hopefully not for to long, i can pass on the other set.

jedi master sal
04-13-2007, 08:52 AM
I'll definitely get the clone set, prolly 2 or 3. The droid set, dunno. Want to see pics. Don't really need them that much and I wouldn't want to get the set for the repaint Gonk droid.

Battle Droid
04-13-2007, 09:02 AM
The Super Battle Droid should've been the TAC one! :upset:

CaptainSolo1138
04-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Ooooooh. They have different guns. Wow.

That's like eating creamed corn instead of corn on the cob and expecting your turds to look better because of it.

figrin bran
04-13-2007, 11:01 AM
i had the links on the "pics of 4 new battlepacks" thread but as pointed out, the page is down now. someone probably got in trouble for leaking them out.

i'll definitely get at least one of the clone sets, maybe even more especially since there aren't any pesky jedi repacks.

Luuuuuuke
04-13-2007, 01:26 PM
I'll get two of the packs. They looked cool when I saw them, though I kind of had to squint real hard to make out any details. I just love clones, and I no longer feel like I have to get a lot of them to build on the troops that I already have. They're all garnish at this point.

DarkArtist
04-13-2007, 01:44 PM
GalacticHunter just reported that the packs were removed from the site for the now, no official word on whether they were for real or just a custom set by ToyWiz.

mtriv73
04-13-2007, 02:07 PM
That's like eating creamed corn instead of corn on the cob and expecting your turds to look better because of it.

Personally, I think it looks better after corn on the cob.

I wonder if these are the upcoming TRU exclusive Clone with commanders set. It would make sense that they'd include some bad guys ala republic commando 4-pack.

Either way, I need a better picture before making up my mind.

Kidhuman
04-13-2007, 02:21 PM
GalacticHunter just reported that the packs were removed from the site for the now, no official word on whether they were for real or just a custom set by ToyWiz.

I dunno, but TRU has this on their website, no pic though, sounds like it could be it.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2661138&cp=2255956.2262937.2274249&fbn=StorePrice%7C%2430.01+-+%2440.00&f=PAD%2FBrand+Name+Secondary%2FStar+Wars&fbc=1&categoryId=2274249&fr=StorePrice%2FTRUS%2F00003001%2F00004000&parentPage=search

Darth Cruel
04-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I did not grab the pic of the droids as I did not care for it. But for anyone who has not yet seen the clones...and provided that this is even true...here is the pic.

Edit...It is NOT a very good pic!

Really, the only large guns are the mini guns. Like the ones that came with the heavy gunner in the Grievous Battle Pack which the Galactic Marine and the Bacara sculpt have. And then there looks to be a slightly larger weapon on the 501st on the far right as well. I think I read that to ba a rocket launcher...but I do not remember for sure.

Darth Cruel
04-14-2007, 11:06 AM

I read the write-up on them before ToyWiz pulled them. That write-up said that Hasbro would be releasing the sets.

Jargo
04-14-2007, 05:52 PM
I would have liked to see pics of the rebels. couldn't care less about the clowntroopers.

General_Grievous
04-15-2007, 02:33 PM
For now, it seemed like they just had Clones and Droids. But if these are for real, I'm sure that there will be future Rebel and Imperial packs.

Rogue II
04-15-2007, 02:53 PM
For now, it seemed like they just had Clones and Droids. But if these are for real, I'm sure that there will be future Rebel and Imperial packs.

I'd like to think that, but it seem like Hasbro is more into pumping out prequel Clones than OT troops. There has been how many battle packs with clones now compared to 2 OT army building battle packs (Hoth and Tantive IV). Probably just as well, I'd like to see a better sculpt for Hoth and Endor Rebel troops.

Jargo
04-17-2007, 02:58 PM
see my thinking is that the live action tv show will have the look of the OT. stormtroopers rather than clonetroopers, rebel factions with a more familiar OT style. so if that were the case then it would make sense that hasbro are holding fire on releasing too many rebel sets. clones they can do coz it's available sculpts and they require few colours and can be thrown off the production line fast. it's bread and butter product. easy money. there's also the clone wars CGI show coming up so they need to keep clone interest up. after that they can jump to rebels and imperials and big up the live action show. it seems logical. it makes sense. it's just a bit unfortunate that many people are sick to death of clones. for example, i'd sooner they gave us a break from clone figures and gave us stuff like the republic swamp speeder or the troop carrier seen on Felucia. millions and millions of clone figures but few vehicles for them.

I really hope in the live action tv show the imperial landing craft gets used lots. and we get that as a vehicle in the large vehicle assortment. something to transport all the stormtroopers around in.