PDA

View Full Version : Needa is coming says Hasbro!

Battle Droid
04-13-2007, 06:31 PM
From, http://cgi.denpetersen.com/YAK1/viewtopic.php?t=1583

1. Okay, I love all the Imperial officers that you have been producing over the last few years. But I still have an empty slot in my Empire Strikes Back collection for the ill fated Captain Needa. Any sense on when I might be able to fill that spot with an action figure?

HASBRO: We can't tell you for certain when he will come out, but it's a good bet that in the next two years you will have him in 3-3/4" format.

Jargo
04-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Captain Lorth Needa no less. who had an ill fitting cap in the movie. in fact i think most of the imperial caps were ill fitting. like they'd all picked up the wrong size.

well it's another one off the list at least though a Piett redo and Captain Lennox should be next.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Boy, he'll look great next to the eight billion Jerjerrods still rotting on the pegs. :rolleyes:

I do want this figure, but just be prepared to see tons of him when he comes out.

Kidhuman
04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
This is awesome, I hope he has a commtech chip of him choking to death with him.

DarkArtist
04-14-2007, 11:14 AM
I want both a regular version as well as holographic. I just hope that they don't give him a crappy gimmick or look on his face.

Darth Cruel
04-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I just hope Hasbro does him right. I would hate to see a jerjerrod-style wide-legged stance. Make him SA dang it!

I do like as many Imperial Officers as possible, though.

Oh...and it IS 2 years away.

Snowtrooper
04-14-2007, 01:27 PM
This will be a nice addition to the rest of the imperial officers we've gotten. Just maybe not as exciting as a Captain/Admiral Piet redo would be. What imperial officer body should they use? I thought a General Veers with different arms or a Jerjerrod with different legs would work nicely.

Jayspawn
04-14-2007, 01:38 PM
I'll buy Captain Needa for sure. He's still a long way off though.

El Chuxter
04-15-2007, 02:36 AM
I hear he's going to look like Robert Rodriguez and be released as a two-pack Grindhouse commemorative special with General Veers.

Slicker
04-15-2007, 02:54 AM
Definitely a nice revelation. Hopefully they make him with that big ol' vein poppin' out of his forehead!!!

Oh, and he's GOTTA be SA to re-enact all of those crazy Executor bridge antics!!!

AmanaMatt
04-15-2007, 03:31 AM
BORING...who needs another Imperial officer with a wide leg stance and bad facial likeness on the shelves?

abell748
04-15-2007, 06:05 AM
I wonder if Hasbro will reclaim all the Jerjerrods off of the pegs and recard him as Needa. That seems to be Hasbro's business model.

jjreason
04-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Yep, I smell a head-swap-and-not-much-else job in the works here. Fine with me, We need a Needa. :guffaw:

Jargo
04-15-2007, 02:43 PM
If they're gonna do Needa, they should do more rebel commanders. Though my guess is that the live action tv show will be heavy with Imperials.
Be cool to get the Yavin base command team though. which is possible with kitbashing from General Dodona and captain Antilles and the rebel honour guard. I have no objection to that. Anything as long as it's not more clowntroopers.

General_Grievous
04-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Yep, I smell a head-swap-and-not-much-else job in the works here. Fine with me, We need a Needa. :guffaw:

If they do a head swap on the Veers body, I'm not complaining.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Yep, I smell a head-swap-and-not-much-else job in the works here. Fine with me, We need a Needa. :guffaw:Ah, you beat me to the pun(ch). I needa Needa as well.

bigbarada
04-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Yay! The pegs are looking a little cold, I'm sure he'll warm them up a bit.

pegger
04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
This is good news...but I agree - we also need more rebel commanders too!

JediTricks
04-20-2007, 05:28 PM
If they bother to do Needa, and they haven't said for sure they will yet, I really hope they correct the problem legs that plagued Jerjerrod, and he's got to be able to reenact being killed by Vader, so that's knee articulation, universal shoulders, and universal elbows required. Plus, it'd be nice to have an Imp with an accurate headsculpt for once, maybe they could give him a removable cap to make him not be so boring... ok, that'd be pretty boring still.