PDA

View Full Version : Did Michael Damien do that cover of "Rock On" originally done by Bob Marley?

Tycho
04-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Well? I like that electric guitar version of Rock On.

I think Michael Damien was a soap opera star and this was his only outing in the music field. We have a habit of making fun of someone for trying, but should we?

If you had the opportunity and funds / equipment to try and record something, wouldn't you at least do it as a hobby and put it out there? If it was a one-hit-wonder, you'd at least have that, right? Would you rather have nothing? If you have an occupation, soap opera star or whatever, why not do this as a side hobby? You don't have to take it as a serious gig.

It's probably more laughable when someone tries to put all their eggs in one basket and "make it." Some might have - like Jon Bon Jovi. However, he wanted to go the opposite route and try acting. He's been in a few movies (Young Guns II and U-571, saw him have a larger part). No one's worried about him not making it as an actor. It's something to do and try. He's got millions from his recording successes. Some people would collect Star Wars with it. Others try something else.

Sebastian Bach (Skid Row's former lead) is a recurring character on Gilmore Girls, so I hear. WTF? But if that's cool for him, more power then...

El Chuxter
04-13-2007, 11:17 PM
No.

But he did cover "Rock On" by English one-hit wonder David Essex.