PDA

View Full Version : "Battle Figure Stand Pack"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-16-2007, 05:44 PM
It's kind of a weird name for this set of 2006-style stands. (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=news&newsID=E63BFE92-D56F-E112-4C3DB40B6D9387E0) I like how they have new, separate Expanded Universe ones, and name decals for "nearly every figure released in the Star Wars line from 2004 through the end of 2007." The pic also confirms some new figures, like 4-LOM, A'Sharad Hett, Assassin Droid (?), A-wing Pilot, and Baron Fel. :thumbsup:

I'll probably get a set of these at CIV as I have several figures that could definitely use stands.

figrin bran
04-16-2007, 05:47 PM
i'm happy for the stands and i'll be excited for a new sculpt of 4-LOM!

Kidhuman
04-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I will buy a few of these packages.

Snowtrooper
04-16-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm glad they are including name decals for the stands. I was wondering how I would be able to put names on the stands and have them look the same as the saga2 ones.

Turbowars
04-16-2007, 09:17 PM
I'll probably pick up a few of these packs. Doubt I'll use the name. I don't care for the yellow background.

stillakid
04-16-2007, 10:10 PM
If I could stand up, I could stand to get the stands, but I don't know if I can stand for it. Standing orders.

Jargo
04-17-2007, 06:59 AM
wasn't there an assasin droid in the star wars mini's line? a caterpillar tracked thing. came from one of the console games if I remember right.

I don't like that stand design. I like the clear ones. don't need stickers on em either to remember the name of the character. think I'll be sticking with Real Stands.

pegger
04-17-2007, 07:18 AM
I really like these stands...mostly because I can't remember the names of the obscure characters....

I'll be getting a few sets..

stillakid
04-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I really like these stands...mostly because I can't remember the names of the obscure characters....

I'll be getting a few sets..

Same here. I like the idea of having them segregated by movie name. It beats my current system of suffocating them in ziplock baggies.

El Chuxter
04-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Coolness of the confirmation of A'Sharad and Baron Fel aside, doesn't anyone else think this is another obvious way of Hasbro getting people to pay for what once was free?

JEDIpartner
04-17-2007, 12:10 PM
It's kind of a weird name for this set of 2006-style stands. (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=news&newsID=E63BFE92-D56F-E112-4C3DB40B6D9387E0) I like how they have new, separate Expanded Universe ones, and name decals for "nearly every figure released in the Star Wars line from 2004 through the end of 2007." The pic also confirms some new figures, like 4-LOM, A'Sharad Hett, Assassin Droid (?), A-wing Pilot, and Baron Fel. :thumbsup:

I'll probably get a set of these at CIV as I have several figures that could definitely use stands.

Do we KNOW that there is a new 4-LOM or are we assuming that? I mean, just 'cos he's listed there... Well, they did say that there are 200 stickers for almost every figure made thus far.

El Chuxter
04-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Has 4-LOM been released in any form since 2004, though?

I personally think that a 4-LOM resculpt is far more necessary than Cliegg Lars, Tey How, Jabba, or any of those other stupid "periphery" characters. :rolleyes:

K M Toydarian
04-17-2007, 01:21 PM

I personally think that a 4-LOM resculpt is far more necessary than Cliegg Lars, Tey How, Jabba, or any of those other stupid "periphery" characters. :rolleyes:

I guess he was technically in the Bounty Hunter set (Previews exclusive), so that could be where the name is coming from.
However, that is a 10 year old figure now, and I'd could be great to be super articulated. I would like to see some protocol type droids super articulated. 3po's knees last year were a step, but far from from what should be possible, in order to give a little "life" to the droids, especially bounty hunter ones.

pegger
04-17-2007, 01:21 PM

How is 4-LOM not a "periphery" character? At least the 3 you name had lines...and 2 of them haven't seen plastic yet...

(not that I disagree 4-LOM needs a resculpt)

El Chuxter
04-17-2007, 01:48 PM
I was sarcastically pointing out Hasbro's tendency to keep resculpting characters set dressings with two seconds of screen time over and over, despite getting them right (or close to it) the first time, while there are so many actual characters that we consistently beg for and they seem unwilling to make. :)

pegger
04-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Ah.... sarcasm....

I've been reading too many of Tycho's posts....

JEDIpartner
04-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Ahhh... Tycho's posts. Yessssssss... *nods*

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-17-2007, 05:16 PM
I guess he was technically in the Bounty Hunter set (Previews exclusive), so that could be where the name is coming from.
However, that is a 10 year old figure now, and I'd could be great to be super articulated. I would like to see some protocol type droids super articulated. 3po's knees last year were a step, but far from from what should be possible, in order to give a little "life" to the droids, especially bounty hunter ones.
Though they could be referring to the Bounty Hunters set, other sources seem to indicate that we'll be getting a new one this year. Then again, there is a stand for Admiral Motti, whose only post-2004 release was in the Death Star Briefing Set, unless they resculpt him (God I hope not).

jjreason
04-17-2007, 05:38 PM
I'll pass on these, but I'm actually kind of excited about Baron Fel! The X-Wing Squadron comics were awesome!

Jargo
04-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Is this the assasin droid they mean from the minis line? seems kinda dumb looking to me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-19-2007, 06:21 PM
That thing looks more like those machines from Terminator 3 . . . or could it be something they already released that we're forgetting, or they misnamed here?

El Chuxter
04-19-2007, 06:43 PM
It could possibly be the droids from the Ambush on Ilum set?

Jargo
04-19-2007, 08:10 PM
aint IG-88 an assasin droid? or was one originally.

the chameleon droids don't need stands.

Zam Wessel has an asasin droid. not seen a figure of her for a good while.

does the new battlefront game have assasin droids?

abell748
04-20-2007, 04:53 AM
It could also be the HK Assassin droid from KOTOR. I can't wait to have stands so I don't walk down the SW hall and see figures slacking and sleeping on the job. You are a display, now stand like it!!! I like the stickers too. I do wonder what the movie and EU number of stands breakdown is. I do not want as many EU stands as ANH stands.

K M Toydarian
04-24-2007, 09:38 PM
aint IG-88 an assasin droid? or was one originally.

the chameleon droids don't need stands.

Zam Wessel has an asasin droid. not seen a figure of her for a good while.

does the new battlefront game have assasin droids?

Maybe we will see an IG88 type droid from the Clone Wars cartoon, as seen with Durge. That would be easy to modify the SA IG88 mold.