PDA

View Full Version : Brian's Toys One of Each Figure Club

Mad Slanted Powers
04-16-2007, 08:04 PM
I just got an e-mail from Brian's Toys saying that they are starting a "One of Each Figure Club" starting with TAC wave 3. Figures will be $7.99, with $9.99 shipping per wave. This will only be for basic figures. Deluxe, Vintage, Greatest Hits and Exclusives won't be included.

It will cost a bit more, but it is cheaper than what Brian's often charges for new figures. I can find most of the figures in the stores, so I won't be signing up. It might be a good deal for completists who have trouble finding figures and don't want to waste time and gas trying to hunt them down.

stillakid
04-16-2007, 10:09 PM
The last time I joined one of those it didn't end so well..... :hurt:

2-1B
04-16-2007, 10:19 PM
I do it through Kebco and I love it, it's very convenient.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-16-2007, 10:35 PM
ah, very reminiscent of the good ole' KEBCo days. Ya know, when they weren't slackers who charged people and didn't send their product. sigh.

I don't order from Brians Toys. Dude's prices are ridiculous. I go through BBTS which has good prices and pretty cheap shipping.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Except for exclusives and TRU (since they aren't around here anymore), I don't buy new stuff online. At the end of a line's run, I'll check Brian's for anything I might have missed. If the price is too high, I'll try eBay first. For a long time, I never tried to buy anything on eBay. Back then, whenever I tried to find non-current figures, Brian's was about the only place I could find them. They also helped fill the gaps in my POTF2 collection when I started collecting in 1999.

I only ordered from Kebco once. I got the 2003 Saga Bail Organa, Night Club Obi, Concept Stormtrooper, and Padme Lars Homestead. I considered joining the one of every figure club, but passed for the same reason I'm passing now. It was shortly after that order that things went south there. I just checked and see that they have an eBay store, so they haven't completely vanished off the face of the Earth yet. I know for a long time, their old website still seemed unchanged from the time we were awaiting Saga 2004.

timmae
04-16-2007, 11:35 PM
I do it through Kebco and I love it, it's very convenient.

me too, just got my mcfett series x2.lol

JEDIpartner
04-17-2007, 09:54 PM
I think it comes out to $9.88/figure. I ordered a case of singles from Andrew's Toyz and I'm getting them for a little less. Still... I don't WANT every figure.

BountyHunterScum
04-18-2007, 08:43 AM
ah, very reminiscent of the good ole' KEBCo days. Ya know, when they weren't slackers who charged people and didn't send their product. sigh.

I don't order from Brians Toys. Dude's prices are ridiculous. I go through BBTS which has good prices and pretty cheap shipping.

Ain't that the truth, last time I browsed his site I left in shock from seeing how much he wants for most of that stuff.

El Chuxter
04-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Ain't that the truth, last time I browsed his site I left in shock from seeing how much he wants for most of that stuff.

They're not too bad. I just went there to check it out and found a vintage Storm Shadow for only $1,499! What a bargain! I think I'll get two so I can give one to the baby.

jjreason
04-18-2007, 06:10 PM
It's a good concept, but I don't think I'd choose to deal with Brianstoys, just due to the pricing. Make some inquiries, I'm sure there are cheaper places that are offering the same thing.

Aside: I did belong to the KEBco club for 2 years after EpII came out, and I never had any problems with them. For those years everything was super easy, and I didn't have to worry about all the figures that weren't coming to Canada - which was nearly everything at that time.

BountyHunterScum
04-20-2007, 02:34 AM
They're not too bad. I just went there to check it out and found a vintage Storm Shadow for only $1,499! What a bargain! I think I'll get two so I can give one to the baby.

OMG a vintage storm shadow for fifteen hundred, jesus freaking christ. Are they even worth that much?