PDA

View Full Version : Your Celebration IV exclusives leave some in the COLD!!!

JEDIpartner
04-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Hello, Hasbro...

I tend to defend you guys pretty much all the time 'cos I think your product is generally on the mark. So, I won't be bashing the product per se. I'll just be taking a shot at your upcoming convention exclusives.

As a rule, I like your convention exclusives and usually don't go completely mad about having to track them down as they don't leave a noticeable gap in my (or any "reasonable" person's) collection. The Jorg Sacul, while on a SAGA 1 card, was very cool but it was a piece that didn't necessarily complete a set. The Darth Vader with the talking stand was also cool but didn't leave a hole in a seet unless you are collecting only Darth Vader. It was also a reissued figure, so there was no total loss there.

This brings us to the new convention exclusives. Well, some of us really like the McQuarrie series that you've initiated as of this particular line. It's a really cool subline and the execution thus far has been incredible. I, along with thousands of others, was dismayed at the fact that everyone's favourite droids were going to end up as convention fodder. I understand the necessity to create a product that people will be excited about and will generate a lot of interest. You've succeeded in that. Unfortuantely, you've left a lot of collectors who cannot attend the convention for various reasons out in the cold.

I've recently read that a version of the Luke Skywalker figure that will be available at Celebration IV is going to be available via hasbrotoyshop.com some tme down the road. That's great news! Unfortunately, the absence of the droids, a key element in the Star Wars saga I might add, will render the McQuarrie series incomplete. As such, you've opened up the field for scalpers who will take advantage of people who desire to own these limited release figures and that's quite unfair.

I hope that you reconsider this situation and offer the droids on separate cards (if necessary) with non-exclusive artwork and make them available to the general public. I find your take on these exclusives to be short-sighted and cruel.

Sincerely,
Dale E. Hopkins, II

jedi master sal
04-17-2007, 03:19 PM
I will second this outcry wholeheartedly. from the moment we found out that Celebration was going to be held in Los Angelos, we knew we would have to face exclusive issues. However, never would we have suspected that you would take a great subline such as the McQuarrie series and break it up in this manner. I do not wish to pay more than what these are selling for at the convention. I dare say they should be made available to the retail market. In fact never should have been a consideration for the exclusive for CIV.

I am in agreement that at the very least an alternative packaging should be made for these figures and released into the retail world.

That and that alone would greatly serve to lesson the impact that occurred against the collecting community and the greater fandom at large.

That would then make the CIV McQuarrie figures exclusive only in packaging. Somethign that many of us can get past. Yes there will be those who will still complain that they want the convention exclusive packaging. Heck I would but that's the nature of it being an exclsuive. The figures themselves shouldn't be. Certainly not ones belonging to the subline of the iconic concept artist of the original trilogy.

Please do right by us fans and show due diligence that you will right this wrong by releasing the figures if not on the very convention specific card, then at least a new mass retail designed card.

Thank you.
Chris "Sal" Salerno

JEDIpartner
04-17-2007, 03:53 PM
If anyone else feels "left out". Please have your say here.

El Chuxter
04-17-2007, 04:19 PM
I live less than two hours away from Celebration IV, but I can't afford to go. Even if I could, the admission is more than twice what Comic-Con costs, and I know Comic-Con is more than a bunch of fans making their own fun.

This is a really, really poor decision on someone's part. You're making it easier for the scalpers and tougher for the fans and collectors. :mad:

Droid
04-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I have never bought an EU figure, but this is like figures of the origin of Star Wars. Even so, I was on the fence about buying McQuarrie figures. However, seeing the Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, and Chewbacca got me excited about the line. Now that I may not have them all I am considering passing on all McQuarrie figures.

I still suspect they will release them in different packaging. I also wonder if they are setting everyone up by having us purchase each separate McQuarrie figure only to have to buy them all again as part of an expensive box set down the road to get the illusive Luke and droids.

I fear some day Yarna will finally come ... available only at the Fans of Star Wars Day in Finland.

Blue2th
04-17-2007, 05:49 PM
You know, I would almost go, but I don't feel like dealing with LA (again) It's going to be a scalper's paradise for these figures for a while. Though the McQuarrie Luke will probably be offered at Hasbro Toy Shop. I'll wait for a few years like most of us to get the Droids. If I'm still interested in this hobby by then.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-17-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm currently groveling to anybody who will get this set of figs for me. I am pretty PO'd. Offer them on SW.com cos they're FAAAAAR faster than Hasbro's toy shop. bleh. :upset:

bigbarada
04-18-2007, 10:26 AM
The concept Threepio and Artoo were the figures that I was looking forward to most in this little mini-collection. So I find it really frustrating that those two would be the ones that Hasbro tries to make "exclusive."

I don't like the idea of exclusives involving all-new molds. They should only be kitbashes or repaints. That makes sense from Hasbro's viewpoint as well, the more widely available the toy is, the faster they will show a profit on the sculpting and the new molds.

Yes, I am annoyed.

El Chuxter
04-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Indeed. When we ask for specific figures (cough, Yarna d'al Gargan), we get the runaround that they wouldn't be cost-effective to produce. (And then you mock us at Comic-Con. Yeah, I defended you then, thinking this meant at least one or two were secretly in the works, but it's been a year and you've not confirmed a single character from that "joke.")

And we know you love to save money, slapping a little paint on Clonetroopers and selling them a million times.

This move seems to be totally contrary to your business model up to this point, since this is one of the most exclusive venues to release a unique figure to.

JEDIpartner
04-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I posted this over at GH and Scum and no one there has chimed in. I'm a bit surprised by that. Then again, those aren't as community-like as we are here.

We rule. :o

You can write to Hasbro here:
CLICK HERE (http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/hasbro.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=QHCegZ8i&p_lva=756&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MiZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N 2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWxhdGV4&p_srch=1)

I think...

Mad Slanted Powers
04-19-2007, 01:39 PM
I concur. They come up with this great idea for a subset of figures, and then make some all new figures that only a few will be able to get? It makes no sense. I hope these are all available as regular carded figures. I notice that there is a McQuarrie concept Luke scheduled for Wave 5. Is this the same figure, or something completely different?

Jargo
04-20-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm thinkin about having T-shirts made with the slogan

"I went to Hasbro and all I got was this hokey excuse"

waddyer think?

JEDIpartner
04-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Probably...

Jargo
04-20-2007, 11:09 AM
possibly maybe at some undefined point in the history of the universe thoughts may or may not swing that way with no exact conclusion or affirmation either way due to the continuing shifting sands of the market forces which really are a mystery inside a puzzle inside an enigma inside a russian doll (do we have global license on those things?) inside a moebius loop.

JEDIpartner
04-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Like a spiral in a circle... like a wheel within a wheel...

Mazter_Jedi
04-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Like many of my fellow die-hard collectors, I try to get my hands on anything that I can that will complement my collection. Upon seeing all of the cool exlusives that are going to be available at C4, my collectors heart fell to my feet know that I would either not ever my hands on these most desirous collectibles or that I would have to pay a small fortune to get them. I urge Hasbro to create availability for these items either through Hasbro.com or StarWarsShop.com, simple because it is us, the die-hard collectors, that inspire your creative and marketing visions, not the "I'll guess I'll get one while I'm here" crowd that will mostly be attending C4. Which, by the way, I am not atteding simply because I cant afford it. I guess not everyone understands that as collectors, we dont have a couple extra thousand dollars sitting around to attend a convention--we already spent it on figures.

jedi master sal
04-27-2007, 03:03 PM
...I guess not everyone understands that as collectors, we dont have a couple extra thousand dollars sitting around to attend a convention--we already spent it on figures.

Ain't that the truth!

JEDIpartner
04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Absolutely!! Well said!!

I love the way that so many people asked me to get them the Celebration III Vader for them. When I delivered, it was all good and fine. Now I can't seem to find a friend who is willing to get me the Threepio and Artoo. Typical.

Kidhuman
04-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Dale, if I was going you would have a set.

jedi master sal
04-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Ditto Dale.

DarkArtist
05-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I am massively upset over Hasbro for these offerings being only at the conventions. I would love to get a full set of the McQuarrie figures, (have wanted these since they first released the original concept stormie). I like many fans can't attend the conventions for money reasons and would love it if someone could pick me up a set, but there's no guarntee that someone will want to stand in line and wait for another set.

Please Hasbro, give the fans a chance and put these figures on the HasbroToyShop.com, StarWars.com and let those of us who aren't able to attend purchase these great figures.

Old Fossil
05-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Even though the execution on the Droids set is rather less than stellar, I would have picked it up at retail, simply to complete my McQuarrie collection. That can't happen now, since they're frickin' convention exclusives, which on the secondary market will fetch amounts greater than those of most vintage carded SW figures!

Wait, you know what, Hasbro? You saved me seven bucks! That's right, seven dollars of my money that you won't be getting. Hardly anyone else will be getting these exclusives, either, so I'll be in good company. Those droids look like crap anyway, so they won't detract from the quality seen in the rest of the series when I have 'em lined up on a shelf display.

Further -- and this is directed more at my collector comrades-in-aisles -- it's not like we'd actually find this set at retail, anyway. Many of us have seen neither the Stormtrooper or the Fett at retail, and it's almost the middle of MAY. At this rate, we'll be lucky to see TAC Wave 3 on the pegs by Christmas!!!

So sit back, relax, pick up an extra (newly arrived at your local retailer) AT-AT Driver or camouflage Battle Droid, and enjoy the thought of the rest of the money you're really saving by not having to buy these Droids, or any other TAC figures in the near future, since there are NONE ON THE SHELVES.

JEDIpartner
05-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh, my... They've really angered you!!

Jargo
05-09-2007, 09:19 PM
the fact that some of the figures will be hard to get made me decide not to buy any of the McQuarrie figures. as much as i hated the idea initially after seeing what we'd end up with as a collection of them i changed my mind and thought a complete set would be really cool on top of my PC desk. but now. not worth bothering to try.
unless at some point in the future the entire set is boxed up and released i won't be buying them.

plasticfetish
05-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I dunno... I found the Stormtrooper, not counting on finding the Fett figure (if I do, then great), and who knows if I'll make it to C4 and really want to spend all of my time in line. (I'll be picking up my Sideshow Luke, but that's all I'm sure about.)

So, why not just enjoy what you can find, and not be so crazy about what you can't? You guys are the ones that are deciding to make this whole hobby thing so stressful. Besides, I'd be willing to bet that they'll do a box set with all of the figures at some point. I mean... this is Ha$bro we're talking about here.

mintoncard
05-28-2007, 01:00 AM
I understand Hasbro wanting to create something special for CIV, but making the concept figures ONLY available for people who attend is ridiculous. If Hasbro actually had intelligent people in the marketing department, they would have simply released the R2 & 3P0 with a metallic finish and an exclusive (different colored) coin at CIV.

It's not rocket-science.

3P0 would be done in a gold vac-metal finish, while R2 would be done in silver vac-metal. Meanwhile, release the figures with the regular paint jobs and coin either in stores or online. Then you appease the people at the convention as well as collectors who could not attend. All the while, Hasbro sits back and collects the cash, and everyone is happy.

It took me all of 5 minutes to think of that. You would THINK Hasbro would have thought of a similar idea.

Often, I find myself wondering WHY Hasbro does business this way. I guess we will never know.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-28-2007, 01:25 AM
I think Beavis had it right, and he ain't too bright: "Maybe they're stupid."

figrin bran
05-28-2007, 01:50 AM
I understand Hasbro wanting to create something special for CIV, but making the concept figures ONLY available for people who attend is ridiculous..

The Concept Luke was available on Hasbrotoyshop yesterday. It's sold out right now but listed as "coming soon" so if you want one, keep checking. as for the Droids, i'm not sure if they'll be made available but i can definitely envision a boxed set coming out next year.

Jedipartner, i was only able to attend one day and only had a 1 day pass and could only get 1 droid. otherwise, i'd have extras to offer you guys. i do have some extra lukes if anyone is interested.

and if you guys think Hasbro is leaving you out in the cold, you should try collecting Gentle Giant busts. especially all the exclusive Clone Commander busts that are spread out over the various conventions this year.

Sith Lord 0498
05-28-2007, 02:55 AM
The Concept Luke was available on Hasbrotoyshop yesterday. It's sold out right now but listed as "coming soon" so if you want one, keep checking. as for the Droids, i'm not sure if they'll be made available but i can definitely envision a boxed set coming out next year.

Jedipartner, i was only able to attend one day and only had a 1 day pass and could only get 1 droid. otherwise, i'd have extras to offer you guys. i do have some extra lukes if anyone is interested.

and if you guys think Hasbro is leaving you out in the cold, you should try collecting Gentle Giant busts. especially all the exclusive Clone Commander busts that are spread out over the various conventions this year.

Actually, the Luke was available again in limited numbers tonight. In fact, it had just sold out again around the time you made this post.

I too am irritated at this whole situation. But then I think back to the C3 Vader and how you couldn't even give those away a few months down the road. I'm hoping that it will be a similar situation this year.

But there's still the SDCC exclusive Kenobi/Yoda concept pack as well...

:upset:

DarkArtist
05-28-2007, 09:29 AM
I understand Hasbro wanting to create something special for CIV, but making the concept figures ONLY available for people who attend is ridiculous. If Hasbro actually had intelligent people in the marketing department, they would have simply released the R2 & 3P0 with a metallic finish and an exclusive (different colored) coin at CIV.

It's not rocket-science.

3P0 would be done in a gold vac-metal finish, while R2 would be done in silver vac-metal. Meanwhile, release the figures with the regular paint jobs and coin either in stores or online. Then you appease the people at the convention as well as collectors who could not attend. All the while, Hasbro sits back and collects the cash, and everyone is happy.

It took me all of 5 minutes to think of that. You would THINK Hasbro would have thought of a similar idea.

Often, I find myself wondering WHY Hasbro does business this way. I guess we will never know.

i think alot of people feel this way and perhaps Hasbro could use some fresh insight from these forums and other fan sites. I have constantly been pumping the idea of an exclusive cluib for Hasbro where these figures could be sold along with large scale playsets and vehicles but still nothing has come about it.

i was able to get two of the Luke figure through the hasbrotoyshop.com but placed the order before i saw the code for the 25% off and free shipping.

as far as exclusives go, look at some of the San Diego Comic Con ones that are being offered, again another concept set, a concept Grievious, the shadow trooper with speeder bike, all of the figures would sell out in large numbers if Hasbro would offer them in the regular markets.

i think Hasbro has finally said forget about making everyone happy, and let's focus on those will will still give us money to make the line the way we (Hasbro) want.

JEDIpartner
05-28-2007, 09:35 AM
I just bent over and let an eBay seller give it to me. These are the sorts of figures I really can't pass up. *sigh* I can't tell my partner how much I spent on these 'cos we'd be in a fight immediately!

Lord Malakite
05-28-2007, 10:12 AM
as far as exclusives go, look at some of the San Diego Comic Con ones that are being offered, again another concept set, a concept Grievious, the shadow trooper with speeder bike, all of the figures would sell out in large numbers if Hasbro would offer them in the regular markets.
From what I've read the concept Grievous will also be available from Hasbro's site.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Actually, the Luke was available again in limited numbers tonight. In fact, it had just sold out again around the time you made this post.Dang, I guess I missed it. I tried to order Saturday night, but I didn't remember my password and my attempts to recover it were unsuccessful. Now that I got it working again, it is unavailable. The figure stands are available now, but I want to get something else as well to save on shipping costs.

EDIT - Well, now the stands say "coming soon" as well.

DarthQuack
05-28-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm toying with getting both C4 exclusives on the bay....some ppl have buy it now's for both of them for around 60 bucks..... :-\

jedi master sal
05-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Someone in this thread mentioned about Hasbrp making a vac metal finish variant to be the CIV exclusive. Okay fine so the regular paintjob gets out toe all consumers then. BUT, we collectors would still be mad, because we'd want the variant too....

But it would have been at least a relatively decent way to do it. At the least we'd get the regular versions easy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-28-2007, 11:30 AM
I was going to order the Luke figure, but I decided to have some dinner and relax first. When I came back two hours later, they were gone and are now listed as SOLD OUT. There is an e-bayer offering both exclusives along with the exclusive coin and bracelet for 55 with 8 bucks shipping. Probably gonna do that. Bah! :whip:

and I love how some folks are selling whole CASES of these exclusives. How the crap does this happen?!?!? Seriously?!?!?!

Sith Lord 0498
05-28-2007, 12:29 PM
I was going to order the Luke figure, but I decided to have some dinner and relax first. When I came back two hours later, they were gone and are now listed as SOLD OUT. There is an e-bayer offering both exclusives along with the exclusive coin and bracelet for 55 with 8 bucks shipping. Probably gonna do that. Bah! :whip:

That actually sounds like a decent price. The figures cost $35 together at retail, so there's not too much of a markup there. Plus you'll get the exclusive coin. The bracelet...don't know anything about that, so I can't comment.

and I love how some folks are selling whole CASES of these exclusives. How the crap does this happen?!?!? Seriously?!?!?!

I've given up trying to figure that one out...

Luuuuuuke
05-28-2007, 01:48 PM
A friend from another forum got me both of the C4 exclusives(about $38), so I feel lucky. But I felt bad for her because she spent a long time on lines for the Luke and then it goes online. Then you read that people are buying cases of the droid exclusive. That's messed up.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Dang. I just saw on Rebelscum that the Luke figure was available online again, but it has already sold out again.

Perhaps Hasbro should have one of those "Notify me when this item is available" options.

decadentdave
05-29-2007, 01:47 AM
C4 McQuarrie Droids $19.99 + $7.99 shipping BUY IT NOW!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190117801119&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:2

figrin bran
05-29-2007, 02:12 AM

anyone at CIV, if they were dedicated enough, could've bought cases of the Luke figures. although Hasbro instituted a 6 figure per person limit, they were not punching badges like some of the other companies with exclusives were doing and thus it's very likely that people got in line again and again to buy up the Lukes. if you bought 6 at once, they came in the shipping case (albeit minus 6 figures) and so it's not out of the realm of possibilities when you're talking about scalper scum to be billing these as "unopened cases" when in fact they only contain 6 figures and not 12.

also, the doors opened at 10 am each day but if you're a vendor/dealer/exhibitor and you're already in the building, there wasn't much to stop you from wandering over to hasbro or gentle giant at 9:58 and then being first in line.

at the moment, i'm trying to work out some trades for the Disney exclusive Cantina Band members but i should have some extras of the McQuarrie Lukes to offer to you guys. maybe i'll offer them to whomever has whined the least in this thread? :p

JEDIpartner
05-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Someone in this thread mentioned about Hasbrp making a vac metal finish variant to be the CIV exclusive. Okay fine so the regular paintjob gets out toe all consumers then. BUT, we collectors would still be mad, because we'd want the variant too....

But it would have been at least a relatively decent way to do it. At the least we'd get the regular versions easy.

I wouldn't have. I would've just wanted the regular versions of them and that would've made me perfectly happy. To have "something" is better than not having them at all!

plasticfetish
05-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Just a quick post before I run out for a bit... but, you guys should all just hold off on paying the scalpers for these exclusives. At end of day on Saturday (and I admit, things could have changed by Monday afternoon), there were piles of both the Luke and Droids exclusives sitting out for sale. I don't think (and I could be wrong) that these are going to be hard to find in the future. I can imagine that Hasbro will have plenty to sell online soon enough.

Tenric78
05-29-2007, 02:33 PM
There were tons of the droids on Sunday. So many that they said no limit anymore. I ended up getting two of them, but no more since the 20 dollar price point was a little high for me.

decadentdave
05-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Toyrocket.com (who was selling them on ebay for the Buy-It-Now price of $19.99) has struck an exclusive distribution deal with GenCon to sell the remaining inventory of CIV droids for the convention price of $19.99 plus shipping. Looks like StarWarsShop won't be selling these after all. You can buy them right NOW (http://www.toyrocket.com/Star-Wars-30th-Anniversary-Collection-Exclusives-McQuarrie-Concept-R2-D2-and-C-3PO-Action-Figure-P42416C2606.aspx) at Toyrocket.com.

Droid
05-29-2007, 04:08 PM
This whole situation has left me soured on the McQuarrie figures. I don't care if they are available in my front yard I am now going to pass. The droids are over priced, poorly sculpted, and a pain to purchase. Hasbro has taken all of the fun out of the McQuarrie line for me and I am not going to buy any of them even though I was pretty enthused about the McQuarrie figures when they were first announced.

Tenric78
05-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Why does everyone have such a big problem with this? I realize that sometimes I can't get exactly what I want... I never got my hands on a George Lucas as an X-Wing pilot but I didn't boycot Hasbro over it. Sometimes the chips don't fall the way you want them to.

El Chuxter
05-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Jorg Sacul was a bonus, and totally unrelated to anything else.

The McQuarrie figures are something they've known we wanted for a while (the Trooper won the Fan Choice poll a few years ago). They announced them last year. Only after the first two had hit retail did they reveal that about half the line was going to be exclusive to different conventions.

That sounds more like it was a carefully developed plan to screw people than it does an honest attempt to get these figures into the hands of fans.

Also, Jorg Sacul was a Porkins head on a Biggs (?) body. All the McQuarrie figures are new sculpts.

Tenric78
05-29-2007, 05:18 PM
So you seriously think that Hasbro deliberately wanted to screw people? Why would they want to do that on purpose? That's crazy. I think the case is they wanted a really awesome exclusive for those going to the 30th anniversary of the convention. If they picked something else that wasn't in as hot a demand it wouldn't have made as big of a buzz and everyone would be complaining about how crappy an exclusive it was.

El Chuxter
05-29-2007, 05:59 PM
I honestly don't know what Hasbro thinks, but I doubt customer satisfaction is high on their list. Otherwise we wouldn't be looking at pegwarming Lukes that are inferior to figures from a full decade ago. And we'd have a frigging Cliegg Lars figure already.

One McQuarrie figure as an exclusive, sure, I can see that. But Luke and Artoo/Threepio at the same convention, and Ben/Minch Yoda at another? That's five figures at two conventions! Isn't that just a bit excessive?

Droid
05-29-2007, 07:49 PM
So you seriously think that Hasbro deliberately wanted to screw people? Why would they want to do that on purpose? That's crazy. I think the case is they wanted a really awesome exclusive for those going to the 30th anniversary of the convention. If they picked something else that wasn't in as hot a demand it wouldn't have made as big of a buzz and everyone would be complaining about how crappy an exclusive it was.

They can have whatever convention exclusives they want, but then announce from the get go that they will be available from an online retailer some time period after the convention, even if it is a month or two. Don't tell me I can't have it if I don't go the convention and then dump it on some web site because they didn't unload as many as they wanted at the convention. The way they handled this catered to people that live in a certain part of the country, had a lot of money, or to scalpers. That isn't celebrating the 30th anniversary or having fun to me. I think all Hasbro cared about was making the people who got the license for these figures at the convention happy. They weren't thinking about the fans AT ALL.

Tenric78
05-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Don't tell me I can't have it if I don't go the convention and then dump it on some web site because they didn't unload as many as they wanted at the convention.

I'd take that they were available on an online store when they otherwise wouldn't have been as a great bonus and a chance to get one that you otherwise didn't have before.

decadentdave
05-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Which is exactly what I did with the McQuarrie droids but had my friend known that (he lives 10 minutes from the L.A. convention center) he wouldn't have gone. Hasbro said they were only going to be available at the con so he reluctantly went. They refused to sell him an extra one for me so I jumped on the bay when Toyrocket got the remaining Hasbro stock. If they weren't such ***** about it he could have got one for me at the con but fortunately I ended up getting on ebay. He's still mad about it because he spent a lot of money needlessly to get in and they were d***s to him about it yet there were guys walking around with full cases of those things.

figrin bran
05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Just imagine for a second that if you were attending CIV, you were allowed to preorder the McQuarrie exclusives, of which there are a limited number, let's say 5000 of each. and then let's say that Hasbro charges your credit card even before you leave for CIV.

so you go to CIV on Thursday or Friday or whenever and you see a line of people waiting to pick up their preordered figures. you wait and wait and then when you get to the hasbro rep, they tell you that they've are out of the preordered figures for that day. please come back tomorrow to get them.
now at the same time, in the non preorder line, you see people purchasing the mcquarrie figures, many of these people possibly vendors/exhibitors who were already within the exhibit hall before doors opened so they were able to stake out their positions in line.

this is exactly what happened at the Gentle Giant booth. believe me, it could've been much much worse with Hasbro and if they weren't thinking of the fans, why would they have made McLuke available at various times the past few days?

decadentdave
05-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Simple. Offer an Attendee and Non-Atendee pre-order like Sideshow Collectibles does with their exclusives. It's a win-win for everybody.

Tenric78
05-30-2007, 12:08 AM
My friend is ****ed because he went on Friday and paid $45 for a one-day pass, $15 for parking and stood in line for 2 1/2 hours and only got 1 McQuarrie droids set after he begged and pleaded with them to sell him 2 for his friend and then picked up the McQuarrie Lukes and then HasbroToyShop puts them on their website and next Toyrocket is dumping all of Hasbro's unsold inventory. Had he known they would pull that he would not have gone and he's out a couple hundred bucks. It was all a scam to lure fans to go to C4 and take advantage of them. I had a feeling they would show up online afterward but Hasbro was adament that they would be convention-only exclusives. That's pretty $#itty to do that.

A scam? Come on, if you only went to C4 for one action figure, then wouldn't have it been easier and cheaper just to pick one up off of ebay?

decadentdave
05-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Which is exactly what I did with the McQuarrie droids but had my friend known that (he lives 10 minutes from the L.A. convention center) he wouldn't have gone. Hasbro said they were only going to be available at the con so he reluctantly went. They refused to sell him an extra one for me so I jumped on the bay when Toyrocket got the remaining Hasbro stock. If they weren't such dicks about it he could have got one for me at the con but fortunately I ended up getting on ebay. He's still mad about it because he spent a lot of money needlessly to get in and they were d***s to him about it yet there were guys walking around with full cases of those things.

Tenric78
05-30-2007, 01:12 AM
Well, it's a little hard to feel sorry for your friend when he knew going in that he'd be spending the money for the ticket and parking and what not just for an action figure.

I was glad that you could only buy one when I went, it meant that I was able to get one and not see "guys with cases of them" while I was empty handed, or see that every god damn vendor in the place had tons of them with a mark up of 100%. On Sunday they had so many left over that there wasn't a limit on them anymore. Their plan worked and backfired at the same time.

Tenric78
05-30-2007, 01:19 AM
I honestly don't know what Hasbro thinks, but I doubt customer satisfaction is high on their list. Otherwise we wouldn't be looking at pegwarming Lukes that are inferior to figures from a full decade ago. And we'd have a frigging Cliegg Lars figure already.

One McQuarrie figure as an exclusive, sure, I can see that. But Luke and Artoo/Threepio at the same convention, and Ben/Minch Yoda at another? That's five figures at two conventions! Isn't that just a bit excessive?

I didn't see this earlier. You def make a point about having all these McQ's at conventions. However, I figured that even if I didn't see the Luke at the convention, Hasbro hinted enough that he'd be on their website, so I almost didn't count him as a must have at the show.

As for your other point, I understand it, but Hasbro is a business and if what they are doing has kept them making Star Wars figures for so long, I guess I'd prefer that over them dropping the line because they made millions of Cliegg Lars figures that only a minority of people want.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-30-2007, 02:19 AM
This was one of the responses to the weekly Q&A from a couple of other sites:
There are no plans to make the droids available other than at Celebration IV, right now at least (the same goes for the Europe version). Gencon (the group organizing Celebration) is the actual retailer for this product, not Hasbro, so they are setting the strategy for their own exclusive. However, the McQuarrie Luke is a HasbroToyShop.com exclusive, so we have more control over that. If we do make it available online through HasbroToyShop.com, it won't be for some months after the Convention unless there is leftover Convention inventory.
So, I guess they have stuck to that. However, I was hearing that they were giving away the droids on Monday. If I had gone to the convention and paid for them, that would probably upset me a bit. I am glad for the opportunity to get them for a not too outrageous price online. However, I read in a thread on RS that GenCon would have had to return any leftover figures to Hasbro to be destroyed. Don't know if that is true, but that would seem kind of stupid.

As for the Luke, I guess I have myself to blame for not being able to get one when it was available at HTS. I had a couple in my cart, but couldn't remember my password. When I got that settled the next day, they were gone. Apparently they were available briefly again, but I missed it. Now I don't know if it's going to show up again soon, or in a few months like they said. When it does show up, I might miss it again. Then again, tonight I just picked up last year's Comic Con exclusive 501st Trooper from HTS. I bought one of those from eBay a few months ago, but wanted an extra and something else to add to my order of stands to make the shipping costs worth it.

plasticfetish
05-30-2007, 02:47 AM
Oh god... c'mon guys... get a grip.

If any of this is has been such a huge shock to you, then you should probably have been paying attention to how every other convention exclusive since the dawn of time has worked. The idea that anyone looks at these toys with some kind of sense of entitlement ("they owe it to us fans") is a bit of a tired, lame attitude at this point.

These are exclusives. They are meant to be special. You're supposed to work a little to get them... or at the very least, attend the event that they're tied to, have a good time, and pick up the "special" figure as a souvenir of having attended the event.

Even more silly, is seeing you guys complain about how the extra figures are being sold online. WTF!?!? What turnip truck did you just fall off of? Thatís really a big surprise? You really didnít see that one coming? Seriously...

JEDIpartner
05-30-2007, 09:15 AM
They shouldn't break up a series. :o

Droid
05-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Oh god... c'mon guys... get a grip.

If any of this is has been such a huge shock to you, then you should probably have been paying attention to how every other convention exclusive since the dawn of time has worked. The idea that anyone looks at these toys with some kind of sense of entitlement ("they owe it to us fans") is a bit of a tired, lame attitude at this point.

These are exclusives. They are meant to be special. You're supposed to work a little to get them... or at the very least, attend the event that they're tied to, have a good time, and pick up the "special" figure as a souvenir of having attended the event.

Even more silly, is seeing you guys complain about how the extra figures are being sold online. WTF!?!? What turnip truck did you just fall off of? Thatís really a big surprise? You really didnít see that one coming? Seriously...

People can defend Hasbro all they want. I hope they make piles of money off the McQuarrie figures. But I ain't looking or hunting or scraping anymore. They can keep them. So I hope they are happy.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-30-2007, 10:14 AM
They shouldn't break up a series. :o

Indeed. The Lucas figure wasn't that big of a deal to miss, nor was the talking Vader, or the clones I had never heard of before. Silver figures and reissues in different packaging are ones I can easily pass on as well. I did eventually get the clones and the 501st trooper on eBay, but not Vader, Lucas or any others.

The McQuarrie figures are a bit different. These are figures that some have been looking forward to. They announce that there will be concept figures in the line this year and get people excited about collecting this sub-line, only to make several of them convention exclusives.

I think the Lucas pilot was the first convention exclusive I was aware of. Before they revealed what it was, I was worried that it would be a figure that I really wanted, and that I would have to pay a lot to get one. When it was revealed that it was X-Wing George, I was relieved. It would be a cool figure to get, but not one essential to complete my collection. To me, that is the definition of what a convention exclusive should be.

DarthQuack
05-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Living in New York, I had no plans of attending C4 and didn't even think to ask anyone to grab some figures for me, but on Sunday or Monday, I just went to the bay and found a couple Buy It Now's from Toyrocket and just went that route, did I pay a little bit more, sure, but no more than anyone else should have to pay.

El Chuxter
05-30-2007, 10:51 AM
These are also new sculpts, which cost Hasbro a lot more to produce. It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint to sell fewer, even at a slightly higher cost, and miss out on the potential profits.

jedi master sal
05-30-2007, 02:24 PM
...I think the Lucas pilot was the first convention exclusive I was aware of. Before they revealed what it was, I was worried that it would be a figure that I really wanted, and that I would have to pay a lot to get one. When it was revealed that it was X-Wing George, I was relieved. It would be a cool figure to get, but not one essential to complete my collection. To me, that is the definition of what a convention exclusive should be.

Exactly. It's kind of like the Fire Bust-up Vader. It was a variant, but not needed. Very good point MSP.

These are also new sculpts, which cost Hasbro a lot more to produce. It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint to sell fewer, even at a slightly higher cost, and miss out on the potential profits.

Chux makes a great point as well. Why in the heck NOT profit from the many more thousands of fans who COULDN'T go to the con? It's plainly obvious that not every collector got there to get one or two. And what of the casual fan who actually might decide to get this subline for nostalgia, only to find out later that several where sold at far away Cons and can't be found at retail? Kid have a worse chance of getting these. THey'd have to have their parents look for them on eBay. I'm fairly certain even the understanding parent of a kid who loves SW is going to balk somewhat at the bidding wars going on at eBay for these figs. (or the starting price).

Nope sorry to those who defend Hasbro on this point. They screwed the pooch on this one.

Yeah, okay so it's available online, good. I didn't luck on on HTS. I might try Toyrocket, but it's the LUKE I want, I might have a deal for the droids.

Sublines like these should just plain and simple not be broken up, some retail and some exclusive.

Honestly something wacky like a Director Lucas figure might have gone over big at the con, yet we wouldn't be hard pressed to buy it otherwise.

JEDIpartner
05-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Precisely!! Despite being on a card that might look like something that was out at the time, the Jorg Sacul wasn't something that disrupted the continuity of a specific line. The Talking Vader didn't do that either.

That would be like if they made a line of figures based on cameos of McCallum, Gillard and some other notables but made Lucas a convention exclusive, that would cheese off a lot of people! (I'm just using that as an example, so don't get all kooky on me about that! LOL)

jedi master sal
05-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Precisely!! Despite being on a card that might look like something that was out at the time, the Jorg Sacul wasn't something that disrupted the continuity of a specific line. The Talking Vader didn't do that either.

That would be like if they made a line of figures based on cameos of McCallum, Gillard and some other notables but made Lucas a convention exclusive, that would cheese off a lot of people! (I'm just using that as an example, so don't get all kooky on me about that! LOL)

Ah so you don't know about the LFL employee sub line....That's to bad for you. You already missed the first figure. It was an exclusive. :D

JEDIpartner
05-31-2007, 09:18 AM
As an FYI... ToyRocket.com has the Droids for sale. Mega cheap! Wish I'd known this was going to happen sooner!!!

plasticfetish
05-31-2007, 01:27 PM
People can defend Hasbro all they want.I'm not defending Hasbro at all. At no point in my post did I write... "Hasbro is doing a great job with these exclusives." My point was, and I'll repeat... be patient, you'll find what you need in time. Stop complaining about something that's not such a big deal, and try to enjoy the hobby for what it is.

If you haven't noticed how this stuff works in the past, let's use this one as an example...

As an FYI... ToyRocket.com has the Droids for sale. Mega cheap! Wish I'd known this was going to happen sooner!!!That price ($19.99) is what they were selling for at the con. I don't know how they could have told us that they'd be doing this (it doesn't make good business sense for them to announce that they'll be selling extras after the event), but at this point we should all be familiar with the concept of unloading extra "exclusives" after an event has ended.

Am I wrong... or hasn't this happened before (in some manner) for most other Hasbro exclusives?

-----

And for the record, I'm not thrilled with how this particular exclusive was handled really. I think it was $5 too expensive, and when I walked over, they limited me to buying just one (which is fine, because I know I'll find another for cheaper at some point.)

As a matter of fact, all of the CIV merchandise was too expensive (but hey, they've gotta pay the bill for using that venue somehow I suppose.) Honestly, I thought most of it was pretty cheesey, and I'm sure they were stuck with a lot of extra junk.

Gothiczartan
06-02-2007, 07:17 AM
if i was the the celebratiton and find hasbro, I would tell them what star wars that have to make that including all new sculpt x wing pilots, snowspeeder pilots, snowspeeder pilot luke in all new sculpt.

I hope I have a chance to see hasbro at the con and get to talk to them about what SW figures from movies I want to see made that include my fav luke snowspeeder pilot from ESB.

DarthBrandon
06-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, I was really excited about the McQuarrie figures along with a great many other collectors & general buyers alike. Upon hearing that the Luke (one I wanted the most) figure was an exclusive figure as well as the droids themselves I decided not to collect them at all & at the end of this year I'm finished buying figures all together. If they make the AT-TE I will purchase it, other than that, I'm going to save three to five grand a year & Hasbro will loose out just like they did with the Marvel Legend figures on my end;
which IMHO were executed poorly.

jedi master sal
06-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Well, I was really excited about the McQuarrie figures along with a great many other collectors & general buyers alike. Upon hearing that the Luke (one I wanted the most) figure was an exclusive figure as well as the droids themselves I decided not to collect them at all & at the end of this year I'm finished buying figures all together. If they make the AT-TE I will purchase it, other than that, I'm going to save three to five grand a year & Hasbro will loose out just like they did with the Marvel Legend figures on my end;
which IMHO were executed poorly.

I'm quite certain your remarks ring the same with a lot of collectors nowadays. I agree the disappointment of the exclusivity of the McFigs is a real sticking point. As well the long overdue AT-TE. And I could not agree with you more on the Marvel Legends line. What a BIG disappointment.

I'm basically done in no more than 2 1/2 years as well, regarding collecting. And that's about $6K from me that Hasbro will be out. I just don't see how there can be that many more characters to make and from my perspective Army builders, which is such a big art of my collecting experience.

Heck GG's move to a new Bust line is welcomed by me. It means I won't be buying much from them either. Yes the Bust-Ups and for however long on the regular busts, but I won't buy the new mini bust line. I have no need or desire to own yet another bust line. especially knowing there is undoubtedly going to be an exclusive somewhere that I would be ****ed about not getting. So I'm saving myself the trouble and aggravation now by NOT getting any from that line.

Anyway, to sum it up, I agree with you.

Tenric78
06-03-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't understand quitting Star Wars figures because of this.

jedi master sal
06-03-2007, 09:40 AM

I'm not quitting SW because of this. Heck I'll always love to watch the movies. And the CIV/McQ thing is just a small nail in the coffin of collecting for me. I decided a couple of years ago to quit collecting when I was 40. The McQ thing just reaffirms that decision is all.

"I'm getting too old for this sort of thing...."

Afer the next 1/2 years, I'll look forward to passing on the torch so to speak to newer younger collectors.

As I said, I'll still get stuff from time to time, but I'm not going to go nuts buying stuff, nor put the effort into exclusives. It's draining sometimes having to put up with the aggravation of hunting down TOYS that should be readily available to everyone. That along with short packs make it more and more difficult to enjoy collecting. Not to mention I ran out of room years ago for all this stuff and I want to enjoy it. I don't want to have it store away forever.

The extra money I save from collecting is going to go into a real nice house. One that can hold my collection and afford me a small workshop in which to build my massive dioramas I've planned for.

So no, the McQ thing is really just a very small part in all of this. It just happens to be the latest frustrating thing about collecting, so many of us gripe about it.

-Sal

DarthBrandon
06-03-2007, 03:29 PM

It's not the McQ thing that's making me quit (Small part like jedi master sal said), it's the how much can you buy of the same thing & how much you can find or complete because of situations like this. Pretty much everything sal has said makes up the same type of reasoning for me as well. I will purchase some Items from time to time (AT-TE if made), but I'm done hardcore collecting of figures. I only may make exceptions for figures not yet done that I may want (Young versions of Beru/Owen) When I say quitting I mean quitting the 3 to 5 grand a year hobby, if I spend 2 hundred that makes me a quitter in my eyes, if you know what I mean.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 05:24 AM
First, let me say that I don't like convention exclusives, or exclusives in general. Second, I don't really think it's a good idea to have the second half of the year choked with exclusives the way Hasbro's doing.

All that said, they've made ample numbers of these things lately, so trading for these things isn't too difficult anymore and usually we know someone going to the show anyway and can ask them to get 'em for us. Is it perfect? No. Is anything? No.

At end of day on Saturday (and I admit, things could have changed by Monday afternoon), there were piles of both the Luke and Droids exclusives sitting out for sale. I don't think (and I could be wrong) that these are going to be hard to find in the future. I can imagine that Hasbro will have plenty to sell online soon enough.The Lukes ran out on Sunday, but the droids were in huge supply till they closed the doors on CIV.

I think all Hasbro cared about was making the people who got the license for these figures at the convention happy. They weren't thinking about the fans AT ALL.That doesn't fit for me, the ToyRocket deal was struck only at the last minute and the requirement was that they be sold for no more than the original price. The convention promoters overestimated demand for these by the thousands and Hasbro delivered. Hell, on Monday they were literally GIVING these things away to everybody with a Monday 1-day badge.

Just imagine for a second that if you were attending CIV, you were allowed to preorder the McQuarrie exclusives, of which there are a limited number, let's say 5000 of each. and then let's say that Hasbro charges your credit card even before you leave for CIV.

so you go to CIV on Thursday or Friday or whenever and you see a line of people waiting to pick up their preordered figures. you wait and wait and then when you get to the hasbro rep, they tell you that they've are out of the preordered figures for that day. please come back tomorrow to get them.
now at the same time, in the non preorder line, you see people purchasing the mcquarrie figures, many of these people possibly vendors/exhibitors who were already within the exhibit hall before doors opened so they were able to stake out their positions in line.

this is exactly what happened at the Gentle Giant booth. believe me, it could've been much much worse with Hasbro and if they weren't thinking of the fans, why would they have made McLuke available at various times the past few days?Yes, preach on brother! Sure, HasbroToyShop ran out of their allotment of McQ Lukes every day about halfway through, but at least if you planned it right and took the time to wait in line you'd get up to 6 of 'em. When I heard that folks who preordered their GG exclusives waited in that huge line only to have daily allotments sold out in under an hour, I was stunned, that was ridiculously unfair to the preorderers who now had to waste a SECOND day in line.

So, I guess they have stuck to that. However, I was hearing that they were giving away the droids on Monday. If I had gone to the convention and paid for them, that would probably upset me a bit. I went to the convention and paid for them, it didn't upset me too much because the people who got free ones were the folks who bought Monday badges, the Monday badge was only good from 10am to 4pm instead of the normal 10am to 7pm access plus till midnight access to the SW in Pop Culture and Fan Films rooms. And Monday was a suckout day anyway, very few panels, not as many shows and events, nowhere near as many cool costumed fans. So a $20 free compensation figure for every Monday badge purchase seems like an ok trade to me.

They shouldn't break up a series. :oYeah, I suppose, but go back a few years ago to when McTrooper mk 1 was coming out and nearly every fan on every forum was complaining about how that entry was total crap and looked terrible and was a bad idea and was ruining the integrity (ha!) of the Saga line and they'd never buy such a piece of crap. There's no real win with collectors because there's never a consensus.

Upon hearing that the Luke (one I wanted the most) figure was an exclusive figure as well as the droids themselves I decided not to collect them at all & at the end of this year I'm finished buying figures all together. Technically it's not really Luke, it's a general interpretation of one of the heroes of the 1st script, it's Deak Starkiller but only just, basically the character's in the picture to give context to Vader.

Gothiczartan
06-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I wanted to help out hasbro on making figures that if good for every star wars fans!

so who decides on what to make an action figure anyway?

figrin bran
06-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Starwarsshop.com has the McDroids for sale at 19.99 right now.

Interestingly enough it reads "A special thanks to Toyrocket for making these available".

Tenric78
06-06-2007, 02:06 AM
As far as the quitting thing goes, I gave up being a completest around the fourth Luke I purchased which was forever ago. Life is just easier if you buy what you REALLY think is great and leave the other stuff on the shelves.

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 11:02 PM
I wanted to help out hasbro on making figures that if good for every star wars fans!

so who decides on what to make an action figure anyway?Derryl DePriest is the brand manager I believe, and I think there's management above him who have a say, and Lucasfilm sometimes as well.

As far as the quitting thing goes, I gave up being a completest around the fourth Luke I purchased which was forever ago. Life is just easier if you buy what you REALLY think is great and leave the other stuff on the shelves.TOTALLY! Buying what you like makes a huge difference in the fun of SW collecting, once the Saga line broke me of my completist ways it was like my eyes had been opened and my wallet closed. :p

DarthQuack
06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Got the C4 coin in the mail today....got if off an auction site for 5 bucks I think, so I'll throw it in the album tomorrow.

Major Karr
06-11-2007, 09:18 PM
So after jumping through all the hoops to keep my CIV Lukes (calling), I just received notice my order was canceled...what the heck is up with that?

decadentdave
06-11-2007, 09:22 PM
And the drama of the C4 McQuarrie Luke continues...

Get this, I just received an e-mail informing me that me order was cancelled:

Per your request, we have canceled your outstanding order with HasbroToyShop.com.
Confirmation information is below.

ORDER NUMBER: XXXXX
ORDER DATE XXXXXX

CUSTOMER
XXXXXXXXX

SHIPPING TO
XXXXXXXXX

SHIPPING OPTION
Allow 7-10 business days from date shipped.

ITEM(S) CANCELED
Item number: 87384
Item name: Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series Concept Luke Skywalker Figure
with Collector Coin
Quantity: 2

First of all, I never received an order confirmation for my order and I never received an e-mail informing me that the coupon code would be invalidated and to call the 800 customer service number until I read it posted in the online forums so last week I called Hasbrotoyshop to confirm my order and make sure that it would not be cancelled. So here I am thinking that in spite of the lack of e-mails that my order was good and then BAM today I get this. What the hell is going on at Hasbro?!?!?

Droid
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
This whole situation has left me soured on the McQuarrie figures. I don't care if they are available in my front yard I am now going to pass. The droids are over priced, poorly sculpted, and a pain to purchase. Hasbro has taken all of the fun out of the McQuarrie line for me and I am not going to buy any of them even though I was pretty enthused about the McQuarrie figures when they were first announced.

I publicly am eating my words. I saw the McChewie and liked the figure so much I bought it. It was so neat and retro to me.

I then ordered the McDroids when they went on the Star Wars site.

I'll likely order McLuke from Hasbro next week.

I am looking for McFett and McStormtrooper.

I am still mad at Hasbro and think they could have made this situation better by saying the figures would be available at the convention first and then online later, but the figures look great so I am buying them. I admit it.

I am a total McIdiot.

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 11:01 PM
So after jumping through all the hoops to keep my CIV Lukes (calling), I just received notice my order was canceled...what the heck is up with that?I reported on this not too long ago: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=911

jedi master sal
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
...I am a total McIdiot.

I think we are all McBrainwashed....heh heh.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-12-2007, 10:01 PM
When does the Mayor McCheese figure come out?

decadentdave
06-17-2007, 05:41 PM
I want my Darth Hamburglar and my Grimace the Hutt. :D

Blue2th
06-17-2007, 07:31 PM
I reported on this not too long ago: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=911
Yeah, I saw this news at another site, and called Hasbro to see if my order of two Lukes was cancelled. They said no and that they were shipped out.
It has been more than a week since this conversation though, so I am beginning to wonder.

decadentdave
06-17-2007, 10:09 PM
I ordered the McQuarrie Fett and Stormtrooper on Hasbrotoyshop a week ago and have already received them but my McLuke's are still MIA. I called after the "glicth" cancellation e-mail was sent out and they said my order wasn't cancelled, yet I have yet to actually get them.

Major Karr
06-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Received my McLukes yesterday. They shipped Wednesday and I got them Monday...thought it would take at least a week or more. I am glad I can put that fiasco behind me, and prepare for the potential ComicCon issues with McBen and McYoda.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Didn't they say they would be available again sometime this week? I'll be leaving town for a few days, so they probably won't be offered until after I'm gone.

JEDIpartner
06-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I suppose, but go back a few years ago to when McTrooper mk 1 was coming out and nearly every fan on every forum was complaining about how that entry was total crap and looked terrible and was a bad idea and was ruining the integrity (ha!) of the Saga line and they'd never buy such a piece of crap. There's no real win with collectors because there's never a consensus.

I didn't think it was crap. I bought two. :tired:

Mad Slanted Powers
06-20-2007, 01:17 AM
I didn't think it was crap. I bought two. :tired:
I would have bought two as well if I had seen them. I ended up getting one from Kebco along with Bail Organa and Tatooine Padme, the only time I ever ordered from there.

JediTricks
06-21-2007, 12:07 AM
I didn't say every fan, I said "nearly" every fan, there were some like us who saw what it really had to offer from the beginning, but we were FAR outnumbered by those who didn't get it and others who were sure that for every Concept Stormtrooper purchased, another Stormtrooper wouldn't get its wings.