PDA

View Full Version : Predict the pegwarmers!

bigbarada
04-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Seeing as how I was almost spot-on in predicting the pegwarmers for TAC wave 1 (I picked Artoo and Obi-Wan), I thought it might be fun to try to predict which figures from each wave will pegwarm the worst.

Wave 2: I'm thinking that Han is the only real candidate for pegwarming here. There's a possibility of Luke and the Rebel Guard showing a warming trend though. Ceremony Luke didn't exactly fly off the shelves in the POTF2 days and the Rebel Guard is just not that exciting of a figure, especially for kids.

Wave 3: Darth Vader of course, I think the demand for this guy has been filled and overfilled, then overfilled again just to be on the safe side. I'm also going to go with Luke again, I don't think there are that many diorama builders to compensate for what looks like a really poor figure.

Wave 4: Easy, Umpass Stay, C-3PO and Luke. Barada from the Saga2 line didn't just warm the pegs, he darn near boiled them. If the only gimmick for Threepio is some green "slime" paint, then I don't believe that will be enough for him to fly off the pegs (especially since the Endor Throne Threepio was something of a slow seller down here). Based on the prototypes, Luke doesn't look so good, so I think that will hurt his appeal.

Wave 5: I'm not sure about this one, if they are widely released like SOTE, then ALL of them, except for Concept Luke (seeing as how the C4 fiasco is going to artificially inflate demand). If they are more like the 1998 EU line, then I don't expect to see a single one on the pegs.

VTAC: Bossk of course, but that's good news for me. Hoth Han, almost for sure (based on the performance of the previous vintage-style Han figures). Maybe Leia, since none of the other Endor Rebel figures have really lept off the shelves either. Actually, now that I think about it, I've never really had trouble finding any of these vintage-style figures. I guess the $10 price tag is a big deterrent for kids.

There's too much speculation in the following waves for me to make any guesses right now. This is also assuming that none of my picks are short-packed.

Battle Droid
04-18-2007, 10:56 AM
The C-3PO is from the Sail Barge with the removed eye according to Hasbro, and is coming with a new Salacious Crumb.

El Chuxter
04-18-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure I agree with you on Umpass-Stay. Barada was a repaint. This should be a new figure, or at least heavily retooled.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Wave 3: Darth Vader of course, I think the demand for this guy has been filled and overfilled, then overfilled again just to be on the safe side. I'm also going to go with Luke again, I don't think there are that many diorama builders to compensate for what looks like a really poor figure.The Wal-Mart here had all six pegs full of TSC. Most were Jerjerrod, Vader #38 or Greatest Hits Vader. Also several Emperor's, both TSC and Greatest Hits, and a few Leia Boushh. There was also one Chewie and one Rieekan.

Wave 5: I'm not sure about this one, if they are widely released like SOTE, then ALL of them, except for Concept Luke (seeing as how the C4 fiasco is going to artificially inflate demand). If they are more like the 1998 EU line, then I don't expect to see a single one on the pegs. Is this concept Luke different from the C4 one? How will it inflate demand either way? I do agree that it probably won't pegwarm, though.

jedi master sal
04-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Wave 1: REVENGE OF THE SITH
30-01: Darth Vader & 30th Anniversary Coin Album
30-03: Mustafar Lava Miner (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
30-04: R2-D2
30-05: Obi-Wan Kenobi
30-06: Mace Windu
30-08: Super Battle Droid (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
Wave 2: BATTLE OF YAVIN (Delayed from 2006)
30-11: Han Solo (Smuggler)
30-12: Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony)
30-14: Biggs Darklighter (Rebel Pilot) (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
Wave 3: A NEW HOPE
30-18: Luke Skywalker (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
30-19: Jawa & LIN Droid (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
30-22: M'iiyoom Onith (Cantina Alien) (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
30-23: Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien) (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
Wave 4: RETURN OF THE JEDI
30-25: Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
30-27: Umpass-Stay
30-29: Hermi Odle (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
30-30: C-3PO
Wave 5: EXPANDED UNIVERSE I beleive that most from this wave will pegwarm eventually. This is a very niche wave.
###: Anakin Skywalker with tattoos (Clone Wars)
###: Darth Malak (KOTOR)
###: Darth Revan - Fan's Choice Poll Winner (KOTOR)
###: Roron Corobb ("Momaw Nadon Jedi")
###: Qymaen jai Sheelal (pre-cyborg General Grievous)
###: Yoda & Kybuck (Clone Wars)
###: McQuarrie Concept Luke Skywalker
Wave 6: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
###: 4-LOM
###: Lando Calrissian (Smuggler?) (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
Wave 7: RETURN OF THE JEDI
###: A-Wing Pilot (Tycho Celchu?)
###: Ewoks 2-pack
###: Spirit of Anakin Skywalker (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
###: R2-D2 (w/ Cargo net?)
Wave 8: ATTACK OF THE CLONES
###: Clone Trooper
###: Destroyer Droid (w/ Shield?) (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO, especially sicne you have to buy two to get one complete sheild)
###: Padmé Amidala (Fireside Gown?)
###: Jango Fett (Poncho?)
###: Voolvif Monn (Wolfman Jedi)

So there we go. A good many of these are going to peg warm to some degree or another. Other than the army builders and the McQuarrie figures, I just don't see how it's going to be hard to find the rest of these. Hence pegwarmers.

Granted when the wave first comes out they'll move like hotcakes, but once the initial fervor wears off-PEGWARM city.

JON9000
04-18-2007, 01:16 PM

If he is super-articulated, he'll fly off the pegs. It's just a matter of Hasbro getting serious and giving us a reason to spend $8 for a character we already have other than a coin.

Luuuuuuke
04-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm only going to deal with first two TAC waves so far.

R2 and Obi Wan were pretty obvious, so I wouldn't take any credit for predicting those would be pegwarmers:D I think Mace will eventually become a pegwarmer just because he has to, unless some loon out there is army building him.

In a surprise, I think the Galactic Marine will see a short period where he will become relatively easy to find, but he definitely won't be a pegwarmer.

From TAC 2, Luke and Han will become the real pegwarmers in the short term. But they will be followed by the Rebel Guard, who has the drab look of a pegwarmer written all over him. Biggs should become a pegwarmer, but I think he's the kind of figure that with some head-swapping with other figures could be attractive for customizers.

The Death Star Trooper will eventually go through a Death Star Gunner phase where it won't exactly be a pegwarmer, but if you want it, you'll find it pretty easily.

In general, I think only the Concept figures will be nearly impossible to find without waking up really early every morning. The others, you won't have to bust a testicle to find them.

Jargo
04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
I would say given Hasbro's erratic packing methods and stores stock rotation policies, pegwarmers will be different in many areas same as always.

JetsAndHeels
04-18-2007, 11:21 PM
If he is super-articulated, he'll fly off the pegs.

Yes, that is a figure (SA Jango Fett) I have been wanting for a while now. I hope this upcoming one is just that.

JEDIpartner
04-19-2007, 07:01 PM
All of the Order 66 2-packs are clogging the shelves at the two Targets I regularly stop at in the morning.

Blue2th
04-19-2007, 07:58 PM
I predict that there will be major pegwarming coming up with the TAC Rebelscum Saga Legends, which are about to hit the stores. Here we go again.

JON9000
04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
That Vader is going to sit. We still have Bespin Vaders laying about where I am. They should have put out better ones first!

bigbarada
04-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Did that "Legends" Threepio actually win a fan choice poll? :confused:

He was a pegwarmer in the Saga1 line AND the Saga2 line, how does he qualify for "Legends" status? :rolleyes:

I don't think there is anything from Legends Wave 1 that won't pegwarm to some degree. Even Clonetroopers are slowing down quite a bit around here, so I think Hasbro has finally filled the demand.

The Star Wars aisles are consistently shrinking at my Wal-Mart, so I don't expect much in the way of new figures, because that stupid legends line will crowd out everything else. :frus:

JediTricks
04-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Wave 2: Han, Luke, Rebel Guard, and Biggs are all strong contenders for pegwarming, but I suspect Han will move albeit slowly. Luke will tank, the Rebel Guard will probably move due to a few nutty army builders, and Biggs will stall.

Wave 3: Biggs again and Jawa with LIN droid are the only ones I think may stall at all, and even that seems unlikely since they're both short-packed. If Vader pegwarms, I believe it'll only be because he's 2 per case while the other new guys are 1 per case. I suspect Luke will move because of that moisture vaporator.

Wave 4: CZ-4 will eventually pegwarm if this case gets a full run, his appeal is limited. All 3 aliens I suspect will start ok and then taper into slow sellers the way the last Cantina aliens did.

VTSC: Han for some reason didn't move in the last time, the outfit may help here but I suspect he'll stall again. Bossk will stall, he always does. Leia might pegwarm, she's usually a hard item to sell.

Saga Legends wave 1: R2, Vader, 3PO, and Yoda for sure since they were in the TSC greatest hits lines and pegwarmed there. Maul may too, he's not a particularly good figure by today's standards, looks pretty "meh". The clones will probably move, but I suspect the ROTS white clone will slow. The battle droids will probably move thanks to army building, and kids still like Grievous so he'll move.

The C-3PO is from the Sail Barge with the removed eye according to Hasbro, and is coming with a new Salacious Crumb.I haven't seen any confirmation of this from Hasbro, and the wave 4 case doesn't even have a 3PO at this point.

I'm not sure I agree with you on Umpass-Stay. Barada was a repaint. This should be a new figure, or at least heavily retooled.It's an all-new figure, but it's preposed, it's a non-action guy, and these sorts of background aliens don't seem to sell that well anymore.

Wave 1: REVENGE OF THE SITH
30-01: Darth Vader & 30th Anniversary Coin Album
30-03: Mustafar Lava Miner (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
30-04: R2-D2
30-05: Obi-Wan Kenobi
30-06: Mace Windu
30-08: Super Battle Droid (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
Wave 2: BATTLE OF YAVIN (Delayed from 2006)
30-11: Han Solo (Smuggler)
30-12: Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony)
30-14: Biggs Darklighter (Rebel Pilot) (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
Wave 3: A NEW HOPE
30-18: Luke Skywalker (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
30-19: Jawa & LIN Droid (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
30-22: M'iiyoom Onith (Cantina Alien) (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
30-23: Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien) (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
Wave 4: RETURN OF THE JEDI
30-25: Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
30-27: Umpass-Stay
30-29: Hermi Odle (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
30-30: C-3PO
Wave 5: EXPANDED UNIVERSE I beleive that most from this wave will pegwarm eventually. This is a very niche wave.
###: Anakin Skywalker with tattoos (Clone Wars)
###: Darth Malak (KOTOR)
###: Darth Revan - Fan's Choice Poll Winner (KOTOR)
###: Roron Corobb ("Momaw Nadon Jedi")
###: Qymaen jai Sheelal (pre-cyborg General Grievous)
###: Yoda & Kybuck (Clone Wars)
###: McQuarrie Concept Luke Skywalker
Wave 6: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
###: 4-LOM
###: Lando Calrissian (Smuggler?) (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
Wave 7: RETURN OF THE JEDI
###: A-Wing Pilot (Tycho Celchu?)
###: Ewoks 2-pack
###: Spirit of Anakin Skywalker (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO)
###: R2-D2 (w/ Cargo net?)
Wave 8: ATTACK OF THE CLONES
###: Clone Trooper
###: Destroyer Droid (w/ Shield?) (Minor Pegwarmer, IMO, especially sicne you have to buy two to get one complete sheild)
###: Padmé Amidala (Fireside Gown?)
###: Voolvif Monn (Wolfman Jedi)

So there we go. A good many of these are going to peg warm to some degree or another. Other than the army builders and the McQuarrie figures, I just don't see how it's going to be hard to find the rest of these. Hence pegwarmers. That RS list is a lot of speculation at this point, Hasbro's case listings for wave 4 don't even have a C-3PO in them, which is why I didn't speculate on anything past wave 4 in my theorizing.

R2 and Obi Wan were pretty obvious, so I wouldn't take any credit for predicting those would be pegwarmers:D I think Mace will eventually become a pegwarmer just because he has to, unless some loon out there is army building him. Mace is pegwarming here already to a lesser degree, I can always count on seeing a few Maces in the seas of R2 and Obi-Wan.

In a surprise, I think the Galactic Marine will see a short period where he will become relatively easy to find, but he definitely won't be a pegwarmer.Perhaps, he is shipping in several later cases.

Biggs should become a pegwarmer, but I think he's the kind of figure that with some head-swapping with other figures could be attractive for customizers.Since it's just the Dutch Vander Gold Leader body again with the same non-ball-joint neck design, I don't think customizers will bother getting Biggs for that reason.

The Death Star Trooper will eventually go through a Death Star Gunner phase where it won't exactly be a pegwarmer, but if you want it, you'll find it pretty easily.I'm hoping so, this figure is being put in several more cases after wave 2, I can't find it right now for crap.

I predict that there will be major pegwarming coming up with the TAC Rebelscum Saga Legends, which are about to hit the stores. Here we go again.I fear you're right.

Did that "Legends" Threepio actually win a fan choice poll? :confused:No, only 4 of the 2 dozen or so Saga Legends figures are actually fan chosen, the rest are junk Hasbro wants to keep pushing to ruin collecting as fast as possible.

He was a pegwarmer in the Saga1 line AND the Saga2 line, how does he qualify for "Legends" status? :rolleyes: The full name of the line: "Hasbro Saga Legends of Pegwarming"

Battle Droid
04-24-2007, 02:08 PM
I haven't seen any confirmation of this from Hasbro, and the wave 4 case doesn't even have a 3PO at this point.

It was confirmed in a Hasbro Q&A at www.sandtroopers.com, and a C-3PO is listed as coming with Salacious in the new Hasbro toy catalog.

JediTricks
04-25-2007, 04:24 PM
It figures, they're the 1 site whose answers aren't public - you have to be a site member to see - so I would have missed it. There's still no 3PO listed in the wave 4 case, that may change but at this point I'm not expecting it in wave 4.

As for being listed in the catalog, that's true, not sure how I even missed that, I'm holding it in my hands. However, 3PO comes after Hermie Odle, and Hermie isn't in wave 4 so neither is 3PO, I guess they're both wave 5.

BTW, I made the rounds yesterday, although wave 2 is still in its infancy, Han is already the one being left behind, it's surprisingly consistent.

Tycho
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Interesting thread. I agree with everyone here really, so I want to comment more than type a list that would just reflect all of yours.

First, why is TAC Obi-Wan pegwarming? I guess you'd have to open a Saga figure or Pilot Obi-Wan (ROTS) to see the body is pretty much the same. (Does look skinnier on the TAC to me though). But his Saga2 figure is only around in quantities of 1-2 at the most here. That's not pegwarming. So the question is (because kids would buy Obi-Wan, as would newbies) - do you think because he doesn't have a lightsaber, he sells slower? This was an issue with Flashback Luke and CommTech Luke before, but there were also a lot more figures of Luke Tatooine period. Obi-Wan changed his appearance between the 3 films (beard and hairstyle basically) so it is less of an issue with him I think. We're talking only about E3 Obi-Wans. From that look, the Pilot figure became the definitive sculpt. It came at the end of ROTS, was reused in Saga2, Greatest Battles / Heroes & Villains (or maybe it was one of the other ones? I didn't pay attention.)

Next: do you think Star Wars is going to become a 2nd rate toyline? This year Spider-Man and Transformers will be the thing (both Hasbro, but not Star Wars - actually further discouraging Hasbro from favoring the SW brand, which they don't own - while bolstering Transformers of which is the property Hasbro exclusively owns. TF might yet suck - but if the kids get into it, which why wouldn't they? (giant robots smashing stuff all over the planet? That's got kid-appeal written all over it) - but it would be one of the best boons for Hasbro ever imaginable (they have to pay George Lucas for every Star Wars figure they sell - they only have to pay themselves for Transformers - heck Michael Bay etc. paid Hasbro for the rights to use the characters!) Spider-Man is also likely a licensing thing where they pay Marvel / Stan Lee - but nothing like what Lucas rapes them for (which is why our smaller, less detailed 3 3/4" figures cost more than Spidey's 7" :rolleyes: )

So even with the want-lists that Kidhuman and I helped organize many of you into building up here, it's got to slow down. I've said it in many threads, that new product pacakaging (a card SIZE change) for a military line for the army builders, could strengthen the sales and free a change in production numbers / distribution problems with characters like Lushros Dofine, today's Malakali. But I'm seeing the Star Wars section shrink, the product move slower, and Spider-Man, and in June, Transformers, likely dominate.

2-1B
04-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Tonight all I saw was 1 Artoo and about 15 Obi-Wans...plus dozens of figures on the old black cards.

jedi master sal
04-26-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm seeing R2s and Obi's pegging like mad.

What distresses me is that stores are putting out waves of TSC, not TAC. And those waves are from some of the first TSC waves. My theory is that stores just had a glut of product and shelved it in storage until there was a scarcity as is perceived now with TAC. So they drag out a box or two of TSC and load up the pegs.

Problem with that it that when TAC starts to ship again (look in about a week for stuff to start really showing up again, I can't say how I know, but I know) there won't be room on the pegs because the older crap is still warming.
KBs is trying to deal with this by doing a "Buy two get one free" online sale, but the figures are not the ones we want. Most are TSC with a scant few TAC non army builders all from wave one.

Target isn't blowing out figures. Wal*mart won't budge on the price as they feel they have the lowest price in town and TRU while just having a sale, wouldn't consider doign one so close again. But really I don't see as much product on the TRU shelves so I'm not as worried bout them. THey should have the room for TAC stuff when it hits.

So with a "wink" I'll tell you all to be on the look out there FIRST for TAC. Besides, if you have a choice of what store to go to, please consider TRU. We need to halp keep this company in business, if anything to protect our line and keep a dedicated toy store in business. (I fear that if TRU goes out, that WM and Target will drop some toy lines like a bad habit. But that remains to be seen.)

-Sal

JON9000
04-26-2007, 12:18 PM
No, only 4 of the 2 dozen or so Saga Legends figures are actually fan chosen, the rest are junk Hasbro wants to keep pushing to ruin collecting as fast as possible.

The full name of the line: "Hasbro Saga Legends of Pegwarming"

I thought 10 figures were chosen from the poll? Actually, I believe about half of the Legends collection will sit, another quarter will be solid sellers, and about a quarter will fly off the pegs. My biggest gripe with the collection is that they chose Cloud City Chewie, available on ebay for about $1 instead of VOTC Chewie, available for $17 on ebay. Another gripe is they are starting off with the worst Legends which clogs things up.

Still, I am overall way more excited about this year's greatest hits line than those of the past couple of years.

What distresses me is that stores are putting out waves of TSC, not TAC. And those waves are from some of the first TSC waves. My theory is that stores just had a glut of product and shelved it in storage until there was a scarcity as is perceived now with TAC. So they drag out a box or two of TSC and load up the pegs.

I would be willing to bet you are right... it's simply because the stores are lousy when it comes to stocking shelves rather than because they jsut got a shipment of the Hoth wave. I wish Wal-mart would go ahead and ship the ENDOR and TPM waves off to get two-packed.

It does seem as though stores are stocking the pegs correctly with regards to 30AC figures. The problem is there are 10 TSC pegs and 4 30AC pegs in a lot of places, and the 30AC pegs get glutted with Obi & R2.

Jargo
04-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Frankly i think they should pull the legends line aside from the fan's choices. it's a dumb idea and instead they should simply hold more fan's choice polls (with less opportunity to cheat) and make a twice yearly thing of it. ten figures from each poll. that way there's less incentive to cheat and flood vote for a particular figure as was seen on the voting for this assortment.

Tycho
04-26-2007, 12:45 PM
I heard it second hand but through trusted channels, Saga2 is an active sku until May 31. I don't know if the Hoth Wave or such is shipping, or elements of it in revision cases are what we are seeing. I didn't pay that much attention when I saw some of the Hoth characters.

2nd, are people familiar with my "militaries of Star Wars line" for Hasbro 3 3/4" figure case assortments and moving the product? If not I'll restate it again. I plan to hammer that point until I get it across to Hasbro and enough of you also repeat it to them: "Put army builders on clearly different sized / designed cardbacks so they can't be mixed up on the pegs like Saga Legends or Heroes & Villains / Greatest Hits are." That may when a stock scanner hits a pegs-end label, and the peg is empty, the stocker can't just shuffle basic card figures like Lushros over there to cover it. Military line figures will be army builders - clones, Death Star Troopers, etc.

Honestly, the Saga Legends should also have a different card design. It doesn't cost Hasbro that much, and they can earn much better returns on their army builder injection molds and repaints this way. Even JediMasterSal would not WANT to even keep clearing the pegs of troops. They'd just be restocked with troops - so long as Lushros Dofine or a Han Solo in white shirt and black vest can't cover it because it's clearly a different product as told by the card size.

So what am I doing? Screwing carded collectors? 2 things: they can also issue army builders 1 per case on regular cards if they want ; you carded guys do not have uniform collections anyway: freeze-frame, CommTech, Force Files, Holograms, etc. I rest my case.

jedi master sal
04-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Even JediMasterSal would not WANT to even keep clearing the pegs of troops.

So certain are you?

heh heh

I'm with you on the idea of a troop related line. (Not battle packs) The idea of having JUST troops is so those of us who DO army build don't have to forced into getting additional figs we dont' really want, ala the battle packs. I didn't need the extra Aaylas fromt eh Felucia Pack, could have used another Bly Grtun instead. I certainly didn't need another Mace from the Mace Battalion sets I got, again another Mace grunt would have been just fine. The Best KMart exclusive battle back in the Jedi Temple Assault set was hampered by a Clone Pilot and an inferior Anakin/Vader figure. Gimme 5 clones and call it a day.

Listen up Hasbro...I woudl have bought MANY more had this happened. Same goes for all of those other packs. But because of the addition of a main character or another character that wasn't in said scene, I held back on my purchases.

Again lest we forget here, I'm not some fly by night army builder either. At last count I've got over 110 Utapau troopers alone, more than 60 501st (between the single carded and battle pack figs), more than 100 plain white ROTS clones (#6 and #41 molds) and the list can go on and on.

Release troopers 3 to a LARGE card, sell them for $12-15 and you've got the makings of another fast selling line. Though I think even now the time is passing on that. If someone like me who is an extreme army builder is finding his needs satiated, I can only imagine that those who only trooper build to say 5-10 troopers are pretty much done with building.

You've "screwed the pooch" so to speak on this one Hasbro. And to say, well we did that before...yes, but used VERY inferior figures that had even less than the basic articulation and were in static poses. Sure they sold for $10. That was almost 5 years ago for most of them. Make new 3 packs for $12-15 with GOOD figures, SA or nearly SA. TROOPS ONLY!!!!
No main characters! No secondary characters, no cantina characters, JUST TROOPS. NOw in the case of Battle droids/super battle droids, well include 5 battle droids in a set. NO SPECIAL MARKINGS. either plain tan or plain red. For Super Battle droids, I really don't think they'd sell in 3 packs but if you did do them, then 3 in a set would be fine. Best mold please. TAC is fine, just plug up the holes near the upper chest.

Okay, I'm done...heh

JediTricks
04-26-2007, 09:45 PM
But his Saga2 figure is only around in quantities of 1-2 at the most here. That's not pegwarming. So the question is (because kids would buy Obi-Wan, as would newbies) - do you think because he doesn't have a lightsaber, he sells slower?Yeah, but the ROTS Pilot original version *did* pegwarm hard even though it's a cool figure, so you can't say it has anything to do with lightsabers or TAC. The problem is A) it's too soon for another ROTS Obi-Wan in general; B) everybody knows it's the 5th reuse of this figure (ROTS original, ROTS birth of the twins, TSC soft goods, TSC hologram, TAC) with a lame new head and a few "eh" accessories; C) it's an incredibly minor scene that most collectors didn't really feel needed a new figure anyway.

This year Spider-Man and Transformers will be the thing (both Hasbro, but not Star Wars - actually further discouraging Hasbro from favoring the SW brandIt's not Hasbro, it's the retailers and customers.

while bolstering Transformers of which is the property Hasbro exclusively owns.They absolutely do own Transformers outright, TakaraTomy co-produces the brand with Hasbro but the brand itself is Hasbro's.

I thought 10 figures were chosen from the poll?RS reported it'd be 8 figures, but here's why I say it's only 4 fan-chosen figures: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Saga_Legends_Fans_Choice_Showdown_The_Final_4_1014 68.asp
Hasbro cherrypicked 4 out of the first round winners (there were 64 of them, hardly definitive) and so only 4 more got really chosen by the fans' votes.

Actually, I believe about half of the Legends collection will sit, another quarter will be solid sellers, and about a quarter will fly off the pegs.I suspect the early cases will be like that but the later entries either won't have room to move thanks to the horrible pegwarming of the earlier cases and weaker lineups in general. Also, I think the imbalance you describe will be disastrous for the TAC and the SL lines since the hot figures will be in demand which will force faster turnouts of the pegwarmers in those cases clogging shelves with junk since for every 2 shocktroopers a collector wants, an employee will need to put out 10 more figures on shelves - many of which won't move as fast.

are people familiar with my "militaries of Star Wars line" for Hasbro 3 3/4" figure case assortments and moving the product? If not I'll restate it again. I plan to hammer that point until I get it across to Hasbro and enough of you also repeat it to them: "Put army builders on clearly different sized / designed cardbacks so they can't be mixed up on the pegs like Saga Legends or Heroes & Villains / Greatest Hits are." That may when a stock scanner hits a pegs-end label, and the peg is empty, the stocker can't just shuffle basic card figures like Lushros over there to cover it. Military line figures will be army builders - clones, Death Star Troopers, etc.I think that idea is really wrong for the following reasons:

retailers don't want to stock multiple Star Wars lines, they prefer to have 1 unified line and simply multiple collections;
Hasbro is firmly convinced that unified packaging helps move product to casual consumers, so a packaging change would just keep consumers from buying the second look;
you're talking basically about an army of white-armored action figures, it'd be a sea of sameness;
if you have rebels in cases, no matter how shortpacked they are going to lag behind and pegwarm, then you'll just have the same problems we're suffering now.We've all put forward a lot of great army-building ideas (themed cases, infinite production available on HasbroToyShop.com, battle packs, etc.), we all want more stormtroopers, but I don't think what you're talking about above is a solution.

Tycho
04-27-2007, 02:19 AM
I think that idea is really wrong for the following reasons:

retailers don't want to stock multiple Star Wars lines, they prefer to have 1 unified line and simply multiple collections;
Hasbro is firmly convinced that unified packaging helps move product to casual consumers, so a packaging change would just keep consumers from buying the second look;
you're talking basically about an army of white-armored action figures, it'd be a sea of sameness;
if you have rebels in cases, no matter how shortpacked they are going to lag behind and pegwarm, then you'll just have the same problems we're suffering now.We've all put forward a lot of great army-building ideas (themed cases, infinite production available on HasbroToyShop.com, battle packs, etc.), we all want more stormtroopers, but I don't think what you're talking about above is a solution.

JT, I respect your opinion on this. You raised some good points. Now we may just want to try and blend our ideas, rather than give up and drown in piles of Lushros Dofine - or Obi-Wan and Luke Yavin Ceremony.

I respond to your points above with this:

Ultimately, they'd prefer to have better sales. Their stock people make $7.50 an hour or whatever is just a little over that. They don't really care what they are doing - preferably more than nothing - so stocking one more Star Wars line is not an issue - especially if Hasbro rents the peg space and doesn't demand more for a toy line that doesn't sell. By comparison, Lushros Dofine is costing the retailers money for every day he sits there any longer.

They aren't necessarily the same customers. There are at least two different kinds of SW collectors - guys like JediMasterSal and to a lesser extent, myself, and guys who only buy 1-2 of every figure for loose or carded display. Certainly, army builder figures can also appear on regular cards. Hasbro doesn't have to spend any more money on a new injection mold if the Death Star Trooper is carded different ways. We just got done discussing how essentially, Pilot Obi-Wan's been carded 5 different ways himself. A guy like me, will not bother with the regular line carded Bikerscout when I know someone that wants a uniform collection will purchase that - when right next to the peg that figure is on, is a SA Bikerscout 3-pack (like Sal suggested) or whole pegs full of 8 or more of him on a different card size, that I can plunder until I max my creditcard, and the store will simply order more of the military line if I empty those pegs. But I'll have enough options for getting the figure that I want to open and display loose, without taking him away from carded collectors. This should have been tried a long time ago.

2 Stormtroopers (maybe 1 Sandtrooper, 1 Snowtrooper)
2 Clone Troopers (perhaps different battle theaters? 501st, Utopau)
2 Death Star Troopers (not white armor, maybe 1 Imperial Officer)
1 Naboo Royal Guard (not white armor)
1 Gungan Warrior (not white armor)
1 Hoth Rebel Soldier (not white armor)
1 Battle Droid (not white armor)
1 Super Battle Droid (not white armor)
1 Tusken Raider (or Geonosian, Jawa, Utopau Warrior, even Yuuzhan Vong)

Since the figures would also be put (or have already been put) in regular case assortments for regular carded figures, Hasbro would make more money without re-casting any molds, but be able to produce more figures with the same molds - from the above categories - and have the cases move faster. Granted, maybe no one wants Tusken Raiders any more? I don't know that for sure. But they can host voting on the Military Line's inclusion online even. There's a lot the company can do instead of be stubborn about it.

if you have rebels in cases, no matter how shortpacked they are going to lag behind and pegwarm, then you'll just have the same problems we're suffering now.

See my comment above. They can limit the Rebels put in the case, as they might with Geonosians etc. They already sold these figures and made their money on the mold. I'm just talking about selling some more in a way that wouldn't stall the distribution of any eventual Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru figures, or Padme in another dress.[/I]

We've all put forward a lot of great army-building ideas (themed cases, infinite production available on HasbroToyShop.com, battle packs, etc.), we all want more stormtroopers, but I don't think what you're talking about above is a solution.

I tried to work though the issues you brought up a little. How'd I do?

jedi master sal
04-27-2007, 08:39 AM
I think you did fine Tycho. Kudos for sticking to your guns on this one. The army building bug hasn't left me yet, but it is waning. After this year, I'm pretty much done with army building. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a market for multiple troops on a card. I'm sure there are slews of kids and collectors alike who still want to buy more, or who got into this late and never really got a chance to build up their respective armies to the size they want them. I'd be happy to see 3 packs back or larger sets. I've proposed 5 and even 10 packs in the past. Heck, even the "Bucket-O-Troopers" idea thats been mentioned on here, still has some merit. I can easily see a 2-3 guys going in on a bucket of say 20 figs and spitting them up between themselves.

Now here's a really strange idea, vending machines...heh. Imagine a vending machine full with army builders....Ah I can see it now. No cardbacks to worry about. Just a small plastic casing that is see through, so you know what you are getting. Ha ha. (Now if anyone took that seriously you're a sicker mind than me-and I like it. heh heh)

JON9000
04-27-2007, 10:24 AM
After this year, I'm pretty much done with army building.

Honestly, you make it sound like you are done because Hasbro is not giving you the multipacks you desire, but does it have more to do with the fact that after this year, almost all troops will have been done, and SA to boot?

so only 4 more got really chosen by the fans' votes.

I have another question, wise one. It seems the Sandtrooper is going to have the orange pauldron based on the cardback, bu tI though it was the white pauldroned sandy that was chosen. Have you heard anything about this?

Tycho
04-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Honestly, you make it sound like you are done because Hasbro is not giving you the multipacks you desire, but does it have more to do with the fact that after this year, almost all troops will have been done, and SA to boot?

For me, that answer is "yes."

jedi master sal
04-27-2007, 06:05 PM

It's because for the most part all the movie ones are done and I've collected to my fill. I've bought all of the EU ones as well to my liking but am tiring on those. At this point I just want more Clean SA Storm troopers and some different ranked generic Imperial Officers and I'm good. Since there are some coming out later (Rumored two-pack) for the Officers, that will help, though I'll have to customize the heads, something I'd rather not take the time to do.

As far as taking issue with Hasbro, while I have what I want, it doesn't mean I shouldn't help the cause for fellow army builders and new folks into the fray of collecting SW. Collecting should have never been hard to do and it became so over the last several years. The very fact that I've had to join online communities to network is a testament to that. Mind you I did join SSG just to schmooze with fellow collectors, but it also became a tool to use to get the figures I wanted. This in turn helped in a small way for the people helping me get figures, but clearing off some peg space so they could get new figs too.

I could go on fr days about how I would have wanted to see Hasbro release army builders. The time for that is at an end for me as most of my own needs have been satiated. But again as I said before, I'll still stand up for my other fellow army builders and new kids/collectors.

So to put it as simply as Tycho did...YES.

Tycho
04-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Don't you sort of feel sad about it ending too, Sal?

I actually had a lot of fun hunting down the SA CW Clone back in 2003.

JediTricks
04-28-2007, 05:48 PM

Ultimately, they'd prefer to have better sales. Their stock people make $7.50 an hour or whatever is just a little over that. They don't really care what they are doing - preferably more than nothing - so stocking one more Star Wars line is not an issue - especially if Hasbro rents the peg space and doesn't demand more for a toy line that doesn't sell. By comparison, Lushros Dofine is costing the retailers money for every day he sits there any longer."Better sales" is exactly why the stores don't want multiple lines - they suffered hard with SOTE and never forgot that lesson. Hasbro's made it clear that stores are afraid 1 line will sell hard and the other will be left behind, they'll have to make orders of 1 thing and not the other, they'll have SKU issues out the wazoo, and there are other similar problems. If the line you create fails, it'll be the pegwarmer - if the line you create succeeds, it'll likely lead to the main line pegwarming, so it's lose/lose. This is why stuff like EU now goes in the main line rather than a separate sub-line.

They aren't necessarily the same customers. There are at least two different kinds of SW collectors - guys like JediMasterSal and to a lesser extent, myself, and guys who only buy 1-2 of every figure for loose or carded display. Certainly, army builder figures can also appear on regular cards. Hasbro doesn't have to spend any more money on a new injection mold if the Death Star Trooper is carded different ways. We just got done discussing how essentially, Pilot Obi-Wan's been carded 5 different ways himself. A guy like me, will not bother with the regular line carded Bikerscout when I know someone that wants a uniform collection will purchase that - when right next to the peg that figure is on, is a SA Bikerscout 3-pack (like Sal suggested) or whole pegs full of 8 or more of him on a different card size, that I can plunder until I max my creditcard, and the store will simply order more of the military line if I empty those pegs. But I'll have enough options for getting the figure that I want to open and display loose, without taking him away from carded collectors. This should have been tried a long time ago.Hasbro's done the math on this and has made themselves clear, we collectors are not so great in number that we can carry their line all by ourselves, Hasbro is looking for casual consumers - kids and litecollectors - to continue to carry the line because they are a growing market while the hardcore collectors are a shrinking one. That's their policy, and whether or not we like it, that is how the brand is run.

BTW, way to cite the pilot Obi-Wan figure, a toy that's pegwarmed since day 1 even though he's a superior figure.

As for packaging, as I see it they want to fool casual consumers into buying product from the Saga Legends line because they aren't as discerning as hardcore collectors and won't likely notice (or mind) buying rereleased figures.

2 Stormtroopers (maybe 1 Sandtrooper, 1 Snowtrooper)
2 Clone Troopers (perhaps different battle theaters? 501st, Utopau)
2 Death Star Troopers (not white armor, maybe 1 Imperial Officer)
1 Naboo Royal Guard (not white armor)
1 Gungan Warrior (not white armor)
1 Hoth Rebel Soldier (not white armor)
1 Battle Droid (not white armor)
1 Super Battle Droid (not white armor)
1 Tusken Raider (or Geonosian, Jawa, Utopau Warrior, even Yuuzhan Vong)

Since the figures would also be put (or have already been put) in regular case assortments for regular carded figures, Hasbro would make more money without re-casting any molds, but be able to produce more figures with the same molds - from the above categories - and have the cases move faster. Granted, maybe no one wants Tusken Raiders any more? I don't know that for sure. But they can host voting on the Military Line's inclusion online even. There's a lot the company can do instead of be stubborn about it.Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Snowtrooper, Biker Scout, Ep 2 Clone Trooper, Ep 3 Clone Trooper, Ep 3 Clone Commander, Ep 2 Clone Pilot, Ep 3 Clone Pilot - those are all very similar-looking figures right there, and they're the ones that hardcore collectors want, and except for the pilots, casual collectors seem to want them as well. They're all white-armor guys. (And Hoth Rebels are in light tan, that's close to white. :p)

Death Star Troopers are a niche item, not many folks are going to want them in numbers they'll want the guys I just mentioned.

Naboo Guards, Gungan Warriors, not many folks want them at all.

Battle Droids sell ok but they're not as strong as OT or Clones I think. Super Battle Droids never sell particularly great for some reason.

Tusken Raiders are a limited item.

So what you have there is a recipe for either a lot of non-Imperial pegwarmers or shortpack them and have the majority of figures in your line look very similar to each other.

if you have rebels in cases, no matter how shortpacked they are going to lag behind and pegwarm, then you'll just have the same problems we're suffering now.

See my comment above. They can limit the Rebels put in the case, as they might with Geonosians etc. They already sold these figures and made their money on the mold. I'm just talking about selling some more in a way that wouldn't stall the distribution of any eventual Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru figures, or Padme in another dress.My point is that if you put 1 Rebel in a case with a bunch of Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers, within 30 minutes what you'll see on pegs is 1 Rebel trooper and nothing else, folks will want all the imperials and clones so they'll demand more cases are brought out, they won't buy the Rebel and it'll end up eventually flooding the peg because of the demand for everything else in the case. The problem is balancing these cases by anticipating demand, Hasbro still doesn't have it down but your idea is no different in that respect.

I think the best idea right now, the one that has a real chance of being implemented, is simply increasing army builders in cases whenever possible and using Saga Legends to push army builders hard.

I have another question, wise one. It seems the Sandtrooper is going to have the orange pauldron based on the cardback, bu tI though it was the white pauldroned sandy that was chosen. Have you heard anything about this?I'm not sure, the white one defeated the orange one but it's possible the orange one was one that got picked by Hasbro at that stage. Maybe they photographed the wrong one, or decided the orange one was more visually iconic. IMO, it's a big mess, see here: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Saga_Legends_Complete_Details_101680.asp

bigbarada
04-29-2007, 12:54 AM
They're reissuing the VOTC Boba Fett? NICE!:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
04-29-2007, 09:07 AM
JT, I think what you are failing to see in this though is that today's kid is tomorrow's collector.

Last night I even ran into this head on (applied directly to the forehead....) okay seriously...

Last night I was in TRU and saw a kid all of about 7 maybe. He was with his mom in the SW aisle. I asked if they needed help. I always do. I'm taller so I can pull things off the pegs easier for the kid and the mom's are usually always appreciative of the help.

well this mom said "no but thank anyways" and then kindly starts to tell me that her child "collects" all of this Star Wars stuff.

When I questioned her if he has fun playing with them, she said "Oh no, he keeps everything in the package." I was about floored. So I probed a little further to ask if he did that with all of his toys.They both started to speak, but the mom won out first and said no that it was just his Star wars stuff. Then the kid spoke up and said something to the effect of "Yeah it's Star Wars!"

Again I was surprised at that response, but it did have me chuckle inside and a little thankful. Mor ekids like this means the line will indeed continue.

BUT not because they are kids persay, but because they are very evidently tomorrows collectors.

Mind you he may be an exception and most kids will open their stuff and play with it, but they are still going to get this stuff as the years progress.

And at what age do they become collectors versus still being a kid?

Hell, I open everything up, set them up in dioramas, have been known to make lightsaber swishing sounds, blaster fire noises and an occassional wookie growl. I always did that. So am I still a kid?

Really quit defending Hasbro so much man. We're never going to get through to them if the higher ups from the main collecting sites such as yourself keep defending them. Troopers are still very much in demand. Two and 3 packs are still a good idea and can be done for cheap. ORDER 66! ($10 for two figs) So why not 3 for $15 and all be troopers? Obviously it would be much easier to make 3 of the same then to have to pull out two different molds such as in the Order 66 packs. Take a look at the Battle droids from TSC. Two to a CARD. Not a pack, but a card, for only the price of one figure.

It can and HAS been done. So none of the bs please that it can't or Hasbro knows what they are doing. They are all over the map. Instead of tuning into what collectors want regarding army builders they choose to do niche stuff. We didn't get good army building sets until the Entertainment Earth AOTC Clones and MOST people balked at the price. Yes many people bought them, but no doubt would have bought more had the price been a little more reasonable. In hindsight compared to today's prices there are comparable, but that' neither here nor there for the time of issue as it was.

If they (Hasbro) can make two packs affordable for $10, they certainly can do so for three, five, or ten packs.

Now since this thread isn't an army building thread, I'm going to get back on topic.

Wave 2 Luke and Han will pegwarm, then Biggs.

JediTricks
04-29-2007, 04:27 PM
I only defend Hasbro when I think it's warranted, and I haven't done much defending here so you need to reread this thread with a fresh perspective. I've attacked Hasbro vocally as much as probably anybody else on these forums, but it has to be accurate, if it's not bulletproof then it's a lost argument because Hasbro will simply find a way to ignore it. Your arguments need to be finely honed to get through to Hasbro, and I don't think some of the arguments made on the forums lately really are, they come off more like foaming-at-the-mouth fanboy rantings, the kind of fringe behavior that gets nothing accomplished.

BTW, kids who collect MOC aren't going to army-build, they only need 1 of everything.

Troopers are still very much in demand. Except Clone Troopers that are in the tail end of the TSC line which are not, like 5th fleet security and engineer.

Two and 3 packs are still a good idea and can be done for cheap.In theory yes, but there are far more realities to the situation than your rose-colored glasses are willing to see, and to just assume that they can be done cheap is not taking all the facts of the matter into account.

ORDER 66! ($10 for two figs) Limited interest items, small runs, 1 "eh" figure packed with an army builder, and if it weren't for the limited run we'd be up to our necks in all but Vader now, every Target I hit last week (a half dozen or so) had no short supply of these. They're not a good example of how to do army builders because for every clone you get a Palpatine or Yoda loser figure.

So why not 3 for $15 and all be troopers?That's not particularly cheap, and I already suggested similar ideas before.

Take a look at the Battle droids from TSC. Two to a CARD. Not a pack, but a card, for only the price of one figure.Because they weren't selling very well when they were 1 to a card since they were not enough product. It's apples and oranges.

So none of the bs please that it can't or Hasbro knows what they are doing.Show me where I said that in the above post. What I said was that they have a policy in place, they've done the research they feel backs it up, and we cannot succeed if we try to force that to change - it'd be wildly unrealistic to expect anything other than getting ignored.

JON9000
05-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Troopers are still very much in demand. Two and 3 packs are still a good idea and can be done for cheap. ORDER 66! ($10 for two figs) So why not 3 for $15 and all be troopers? Obviously it would be much easier to make 3 of the same then to have to pull out two different molds such as in the Order 66 packs.

But Sal, you would then have all of the troops you want quickly, and then you would have no reason to keep coming back to feed your addiction!!

I personally think Hasbro has gotten considerably better... Jedi Temple, Felucia and Tantive IV battlepacks were a big step in the right direction (clearanced!!!). 4 troops plus one extra main character is pretty good, and they'll continue to come out, just not all at once...

JediTricks
05-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Well, around here it's Han waaaay in the lead for wave 2, and Mace is catching up on wave 1.

Tycho
05-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Only had 1 TAC figure in my Target today: Luke Yavn Ceremony. It looked as if Hasbro fixed the paint job on his lightsaber hilt though.

I still find the figure distasteful.

I just need 2 McFetts and I'm done with that wave having only been interested in the Rebel and Imperial army builders and no one else.

I progressively will buy less and less from each wave announced for this year except I want a few CZ-9's for background filler. I doubt that figure will be very popular however, so I don't anticipate everyone else getting as excited about it as myself.

General_Grievous
05-18-2007, 10:44 PM
You know what's pegwarming in my area? The Quinlan/Villie comic packs. I know. I don't believe it either. But it's true. Everywhere I look for the Luke/Artoo pack, all I see is Quinlan and Villie, and occasionally the Obi-Wan/Alpha pack. What the hell? I thought these would be hard to find. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Tycho
05-19-2007, 02:54 AM
No - but I've been the 8am shopper buying all the Quinlan / Villie 2-packs that I can (got 8 of them and am done with what I wanted now) so I might see them sit finally - or others who wanted them get them because I'm out of their way.

jedi master sal
05-19-2007, 10:50 AM
No - but I've been the 8am shopper buying all the Quinlan / Villie 2-packs that I can (got 8 of them and am done with what I wanted now) so I might see them sit finally - or others who wanted them get them because I'm out of their way.

Damn man, I might be an extreme army builder, but you are most certainly the king of "character" building (and I'm not talkign about your own character here, ha ha). I like the Villie, Vos pck, but I'm not going to do anything special with them, so I'm not getting more than what I have right now, which is only one.

Tycho
05-19-2007, 12:41 PM
I think I listed this before, but I like making lists, so...

1) Quin & Villie escaping Kashyyyk during Order 66
2) Quin & Villie versus aliens trying to collect bounty - great to showcase aliens
3) Quin vs. Mace Windu....................Villie in Club Outlander
4) Quin in Mos Espa..........................Villie in podrace stands
5) Quin w. Aayla..............................Villie w. Maul & Sidious Holograms
6) Quin vs. Dooku............................Villie vs. Dannik Jerriko
7) Quin & Obi-Wan vs. Ventress.........Villie in Dexter's Diner
8) I can't remember but good to have an extra of a character I like this much

Ric Olie
05-19-2007, 03:35 PM
At my local Walmart the peg warmers are Padme and Moff Jerjerrod from TSC and Obi-Wan from the TAC. Wave Two of TAC came and went pretty fast. I was lucky to find a Concept Boba Fett.

Another Walmart in my area only had a handful of TAC figures but must have had two hundred (I'm not exaggerating) TSC figures. They were on both sides of the aisle and were spilling out onto the floor.

Tycho
05-19-2007, 08:17 PM
I love to LIST stuff. I swear - I must be developing some kind of mild autism or something. But it feels like if I was taking a break to do something like a crossword puzzle - but I don't do those. Instead, I love Star Wars. So I make some kind of mild challenge out of listing stuff about Star Wars and posting it here like graffitti. :rolleyes:

That being said, here's another LIST of what's hanging at my store (Target):

Saga 8 pegs:

R2D2 x 4
General Rieekan x 4
Sora Bulq x 2
Yoda x 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi x 2 (ROTS)
Moff Jerjerrod x 2
C-3PO (Ewok Diety) x 10
Luke Skywalker (Endor) X 1
Rebel Trooper (white) x 2
Rebel Trooper (black) x 2
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) x 4

There seems to be a few more figures than I listed. This is only 4.5 figures per peg and it's more like 6 in most cases, but the figures are from the list above.

TAC: (2 pegs)

Obi-Wan Kenobi x 1
R2D2 x 1
Luke Yavin x 3
Han Pilot x 2

These figures above seem to be holding and not moving for several days now. Note that there's too many "good guys," (and a non-comic fan wouldn't know Sora Bulq goes Dark Side and joins Dooku).

JediTricks
05-20-2007, 08:45 PM
I saw a bunch of the TAC Wave 2 yesterday, held fast with my previous post, but I was most surprised that I only saw 1 Biggs across 7 stores! I guess he's short-packed, probably wise if so because I still think he'll pegwarm if given half the chance, but for now it's working pretty well - I saw a handful of Rebel Honor Guards and Death Star Troopers, plenty of Lukes and Han figs, but just the 1 Biggs.

Qui-Long Gone
05-21-2007, 12:40 PM
I've seen only one Biggs at K-Bee last week

JediTricks
05-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Ah, I see why, wave 2's first revision case has NO Biggs in it at all - that's surprisingly smart, though including crappy wave 1 Mace, R2, and Obi-Wan as well is not as smart.

Qui-Long Gone
05-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Ah, I see why, wave 2's first revision case has NO Biggs in it at all - that's surprisingly smart, though including crappy wave 1 Mace, R2, and Obi-Wan as well is not as smart.

Those 3 are major pegwarmers in my town! I guess you only need one pi** yellow R2, old man Windu and gapping mouth Obi....

jedi master sal
05-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Those 3 are major pegwarmers in my town! I guess you only need one pi** yellow R2, old man Windu and gapping mouth Obi....

Excellent names for them QLG. Agreed. No need for extras unless you are a scene builder, of which there are not that many of us. Heh and you're right, R2 does look like he peed himself...

Qui-Long Gone
05-23-2007, 06:24 PM
I have to say that when I lived near Dayton Ohio a few years back, there was rarely a shortage of good figures and pegwarmers were quickly discounted for cheeper $$$. It was also nice being near Midwest outlet stores(one Christmas my wife found 4 Ephant Mons for $2 each!)

Out here in WT pegwarmers collect ancient dust (I'm surprised I haven't found POTF figures!) and it seems to take forever to get new figs. Like our culture out here, we're usually about 5 to 6 weeks behind everything.

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 03:57 AM
Or less. :p I have R2, but that's it, the other 2 are not to my liking at all so I passed and laugh at their loserness - eventually that'll come back to haunt me as they flood shelves though, or Hasbro tells us they're the top sellers. :rolleyes:

Qui-Long Gone
05-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Hasbro tells us they're the top sellers. :rolleyes:

The expression of that Obi figure is mine right now...:lipsrsealed:

waboritas
06-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Just got back from my most reliable Target in the Boston area and the good news is every peg was full of TAC. The bad news is they were all Han, Luke, Mace, Honor Guards and Death Star Troopers. I'm sure the Guards and DS Troopers will sell, but the others are there for good. I don't think I'll see Wave 3 for quite some time. I am glad I ordered the full case of Waves 3 and 4.

JON9000
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
TAC has sold through in my area. Some figures are easier to find than others, but overall, there is nothing truly clogging the pegs. I do think Yavin Luke will eventually sit. That head is just downright terrible (it's the only wave 2 figure I have even seen).

darko666
06-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Luke, Han and Rebel Guard are the peg warmers in all the Targets, K-Marts,
Wal-Marts and TRU around L.I., NY. Mace and Biggs are slowly joining the group. no sign of the R. McQuarrie Concept figures.

Qui-Long Gone
06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Wal-Mart is finally moving out pegwarmers...VOTC Solo was going for $7 instead of $9...what a steal!!!!!!!

JLS
06-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Whoever guessed the yellow naboo soldier... There are 24 Yellow Naboo soldiers at my local Wal-Mart. That is all. Nothing else warming the pegs. I asked one of the stockers about clearance/restock. She told me as soon as these sell out they will restock. 6.63 ummmm no thanks. I am going to try and get a picture up in the actual thread for Hasbro, but I wanted to vent for a second.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Interesting, I never saw too many of those here.

El Chuxter
06-13-2007, 11:19 AM
We were all wrong.

The worst TAC pegwarmers are the 2006 Saga Collection.

JLS
06-13-2007, 05:14 PM
I went there on lunch (really I should have something better to do... :) ) and they still have my future clerance naboo army of yellow waiting, but there were 3 ESB Darth Vaders. Yippee Yahoo. I like my wal-mart, but the toy dept. is staffed by nothing but older women during the day and are nice enough, but have zero interest in actually selling any items... I have not seen any of the three waves of TAC and only one case of VTOC as filler on the end of the lego aisle.

JediTricks
06-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Hmm, I guess this is a good thread to mention this...

Hasbro's invited us to report problem pegwarmers in specific stores, so we've started compiling a report with this thread: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35342