PDA

View Full Version : TAC...stalled???

Old Fossil
04-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I haven't seen ANY refresh shipments of Wave 1, nor any trace at all of Wave 2. None of the stores I've visited in the past couple of weeks -- Target, WM, TRU -- have gotten anything beyond an initial case or 2 of Wave 1.

What gives, I wonder? As well as Wave 1 has sold (in my area, at least), I'd think retailer orders would be strong for more.

Anyway, I hope to see more soon, even if it is only more Wave 1. The Lushros Dofines are getting lonely.

Dark Marble
04-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Yep, it does seem like after the initial release we have been stuck with a few stray obi's and R2's on the pegs. Still only heard of one wave of the new vehicles blowing through as well. So much for keeping product on the shelf...

TheRealDubya
04-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Same thing out here -- I haven't seen squat in stores, except an odd Ben and R2. I'm assuming that collectors and kids are grabbing tons right now and that they will all trickle in slowly in the coming weeks and start to hang around more after this initial feeding frenzy is met. I'm not worried at all; when I think back to last year and the TSC, I know I saw every single figure at some point on a peg (except the Wal-Mart exclusives), and ones that I thought were rare and worried about not getting, eventually became super easy to find (Death Star Gunner, Utupau Clone, Luke Endor...Scorch was pretty scant. I think I saw two in all.)

The Battle Packs, vehicles and Coin Albums are all over the place though.

Patience and waiting...now that's the hard part!

Mad Slanted Powers
04-18-2007, 01:32 PM
My Wal-Mart got at least one case of Wave 1, but I don't see any there now other than the coin albums. Their basic figure pegs are still filled with TSC, mostly Vader, Jerjerrod and Palpatine. I've bought all my basic figures from the Fred Meyer near me. Saturday, I saw two Lukes and a Han at the Fred Meyer on the other side of town. At this point, every place I've checked has just a few figures at best, most of them being R2 and Obi-Wan.

mtriv73
04-18-2007, 01:46 PM
It's like the water has been turned off at the tap. Once in a while, a random case will show up in my town, but certainly not enough to keep any figures on the shelves and keep kids interested.

Ji'dai
04-18-2007, 02:00 PM
I haven't seen anything beyond the first wave. The coin album, R2, and Kenobi are the most common. I underestimated the impact of the whole Spring Break-Easter holiday weekend on the toy aisle locally. Seems both SW and Pirates of the Caribbean figures really flew off the pegs.

Jargo
04-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Hasbro did say they'd be doing the anniversary assortments in smaller quantities too. So you should buy 'em when you see 'em.

jamesbondo07
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
The pegs at my local Target were beginning to get low. This morning it looks like they got a bunch of Saga 2 figures in. That was a little frustrating. :mad:

Darth Cruel
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Wave 1 still seems to be moving through the local outlets here.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-18-2007, 04:12 PM
I've seen remants/left overs of wave 2 in my area (Toledo, OH). My classes are all in the morning now, so I don't get to see the full cases on the shelves. Just the other day I saw Biggs, Luke, Boba Fett and Rebel Guard relaxing on the pegs at a TRU.

I also got a confirmation e-mail from BBTS (who gets all my SW business) and my shipment of wave 2 came in today. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
04-18-2007, 04:49 PM
We seemed to have gotten a couple shipments of wave 1 a few weeks back, but it's been nothing but TSC wave 8 since then. I never thought that the Endor Luke and camoflaged Biker Scout would pegwarm so badly.

stillakid
04-18-2007, 06:15 PM
I've been out and about some in the last week and haven't seen much of anything beyond Mace, Obi, and R2 pegwarmers. Rarely do I see a coin figure that isn't R2 or Obi. Never seen any of the others on the pegs. Haven't seen any vehicles and even the release figures aren't anything to talk about. No Biker Scouts or else I would've bought 'em. I even caved and got a set of Jawa miniUnleashed, a line I haven't touched, because they were cute. :)

There's nothing but pegwarmers and tumbleweeds lately. And my Entertainment Earth coin figures order still hasn't come in. What the hell? :sad:

JEDIpartner
04-18-2007, 07:28 PM
I've seen the Han from wave two but I don't think any of the stores in my area are going to get much more of the TAC in anytime soon. We are swimming in loads of the last three or four waves of the Saga 2 collections. It's really pathetic that they restocked with all of that rubbish that no one wants!!

DarkArtist
04-19-2007, 07:35 PM
pegs are dry here in Jersey. went to Wally World, TRU, and target and came up empty for Wave 2, was hoping for at least one figure or ship.

Ji'dai
04-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Finally spotted Wave 2 at TRU this afternoon. I only bought a McQ Fett and the Rebel Honor Guard. The head sculpts on Luke & Biggs were less than stellar. Luke's head reminded me of something from Kenner's Jurassic Park figure line of the early '90s.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes, the skin tone on that Luke kind of reminds me of that sickly looking kid on The Simpsons.

I think I realized one thing that makes it look goofy. The underside of the hair should be painted as well. It's like the hair underneath the outer layer is skin colored. It makes it seem like his head is a coconut. Brown on the outside with the white lining inside.

Rogue II
04-19-2007, 09:07 PM
I haven't seen anything beyond the first wave. The coin album, R2, and Kenobi are the most common.

Same here, and it seems like they've restocked the Endor/Naboo wave.

When is the first Pegwarmer Legends Wave supposed to show up? Ok, I admit, there are a some "Legends" figures I will buy, but just not in the first wave or three.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Most of the legends ones I will want will be the fans choice figures. Army builder types are the only ones that will interest me because I have all the others. However, some are supposed to come with coins, so I'll have to decide whether I want to bother getting a figure I don't need just for the coin.

JediTricks
04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
This reminds me of the Saga '03 line, where product didn't hit in findable amounts at all until July of that year. That totally sucked, they nearly pushed me out of collecting this crap back then, ever since I've felt a little more bitter and annoyed with Hasbro collecting in general.

I think the problem stems from the TSC line still actively shipping, I am getting sick of seeing this crap (though at least the Greatest Hits losers have slowed down some, naturally right in time for the TAC Greatest Hits losers to kick in, I'm sure). The TAC stuff seems to have a second problem, that being its first big push resulted in moderate pegwarming with the Obi-Wan and R2 figures (and to a lesser extent, the Mace figure), plus on the vehicles end there isn't a TAC vehicle in either of the first 2 waves that isn't shelfwarming now, so no room for the new molds of wave 3.

AmanaMatt
04-19-2007, 09:55 PM
I have been collecting Hasbro's stuff since 1995 and my best advice: Patience. I think the way I have avoided bitter feelings is to just go with the flow. Nothing has been extremely difficult to find - with few exceptions over the years - so for me, I just know the stuff will eventually show up. I check stores before work once or twice a week and am able to keep up nicely.

Rocketboy
04-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh quit your bellyachin' - I saw them for the very first time today.

Kidhuman
04-19-2007, 10:56 PM
I found Wave 2 yesterday but remnants of it

Phantom-like Menace
04-19-2007, 11:03 PM
I know I've barely seen TAC in my city. After the first day my closest Target put them out and I snagged two marines and two airborne clones, all I've seen save one other stray airborne clone that was mistocked has been the previously mentioned Obi-Wans and R2s. I'm good on airborne clones now, but I need at least nine other marines in Bacara's colors.

And as far as I now only the rich kids' Wal-Mart in the northeastern part of the city has gotten Neyo, and I was able to grab one because the box was all beaten up.

Otherwise for wave 2 I still want at least four Fetts. Hope I won't have to settle for none.

I never thought that the Endor Luke and camoflaged Biker Scout would pegwarm so badly.

Wow, really? I was able to find a biker scout last weekend here but just the one.

Luuuuuuke
04-19-2007, 11:21 PM
I'd be happy with one Fett. Two at the most.

The thing is I've actually seen plenty of Galactic Marines. But after getting my ninth like two weeks ago, I've been passing up on them. I've passed on about 12 at this point. I actually see a lot less Airbornes.

figrin bran
04-20-2007, 12:01 AM
i wish i could say that i've passed on 12 Marines. i have 8 but have not ever seen any on the pegs as the ones i have are all through cases pulled out at Target or through hasbrotoyshop. i've never seen airbornes on the pegs either, though i have 6 of them.

mtriv73
04-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Hasbro did say they'd be doing the anniversary assortments in smaller quantities too. So you should buy 'em when you see 'em.

They were talking about the vintage assortment when they said that. It was in a Q&A a few weeks ago, I think.

JON9000
04-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I haven't seen wave 2 anywhere. I really want Boba Fett. I am afraid I will never even see him at retail, although I haven't had that happen to me in a long time. Although, there have been plenty of figures I only saw once at retail, such as Commander Appo and Vader's Astromech.

jjreason
04-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Nothing up here yet (in Canada). It's just like Hasbro Canada to ship us the first wave 2 months early, then make us wait about 4 months for wave 2. :frus:

btw, that's my ALL TIME favorite smiley!!!! :frus::frus::frus::frus::D

El Chuxter
04-20-2007, 07:24 PM
'Zat smahlay, eet ees moi, ho ho ho ho! :p

I'm seeing nothing around here. Most frustratingly, not even the Galactic Heroes, which are far cooler than the 3.75" figures right now.

jedibear
04-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Well, if it's anything from the last two Saga waves...got plenty of that around here...but as for the new TAC....

I don't know if "stalled" is the right word for up here....heck, we barely got started! The 4 available retailers I have decent access to (WM, TRU, KB, KM) each got one shipment of wave 1 (WM got 2) and now other than 2 Obi-Wans and 3 R2's, we've got nothin'....

Now I'm seeing these pics of wave one of the "Legends" line...and I have have feeling we'll be knee deep in those all summer instead of new figures

Kidhuman
04-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Now I'm seeing these pics of wave one of the "Legends" line...and I have have feeling we'll be knee deep in those all summer instead of new figures

I am still nipple deep in last years H&V and GB lines. 6 full pegs at WM still.

Luuuuuuke
04-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Some retailers aren't carrying TAC very often. KMart got TAC first, but it's been carrying the same ole crap for the longest time since then. KMart doesn't even carry much Saga. If you want to get a Mustafar Sentry from the ROTS line, KMart is a good place to check.

Then there's KayBee, which apparently doesn't get TAC very often at all. The nearest KayBee hasn't gotten any TAC in at least 3 weeks.

Wal-Mart's pegs are practically sagging with Saga, including GH stuff. Even if they have TAC in the back, I don't know where they'd put it in some of the WMs I've been at.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Well, today two of Wal-Mart's eight pegs had TAC on it, but they were all Obi-Wan, R2 and Mace. Target was just Obi-Wan and R2. The Fred Meyer on the other side of town looks like it might have got some more Wave 2, but there was just a Luke and some Wave 1 stuff. I did pick up a second Galactic Marine there though. That was the only army builder from Wave 1 that I did not have an extra of. K-Mart and the Fred Meyer near me had pretty much the same as Target and Wal-Mart, though maybe a Lava Miner and Super Battle Droid was there as well.

Rogue II
04-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, I found half of Wave 2 today at Target. Picked up Han, Luke, and the Death Star Trooper. There was a few Wave 1 figs there as well, Galactic Marine , an orange clone, Mace, and the pegwarming R2 and Obi-Wan. The pegs had an interesting assortment of Saga Figures, ranging from Boba Fett to the Endor wave to the last General Grevious wave.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-21-2007, 04:14 PM
I did pick up a second Galactic Marine there though. That was the only army builder from Wave 1 that I did not have an extra of. Correction, I still only have one concept Stormtrooper.

Jaff
04-21-2007, 11:17 PM
This waiting game for full shelves of new figs is the same problem we have had over the years whenever there was not a film out. I think the advice to wait around for the figs is a good one because it will avoid frustration and impatient overspending. A real problem this year is that the old figs were still shipping as of last month. So we have newly shipped Saga figures gobbling up TAC space, and we're coming to the legends figures which will obviously gobble up TAC space as well. Since you all know I like studying the trends of sales and availability of figs I think this year will be an interesting one as far as rate of sales are concerned.

On a positive note: Since the pegs are empty the upside is that they must be filled, and if they are ordered now they will arrive in most stores (based on ordering systems) in about three weeks. That's about the time wave 3 will hit. So when shelves get full it will be all wave 3.

waboritas
04-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Agreed. I made a Target run first thing yesterday morning and the bulk of the pegs were stocked with the last two waves of the TSC. I think they had 4 pegs dedicated to TAC, which had been completely stocked that night. I picked up a Galactic Marine, Boba Fett and a Death Star Trooper. No concept stormtrooper which is what I was really looking for. Luke looked awful, just don't have a need for Han.

bigbarada
04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Well, my Wal-Mart still hasn't gotten any new TAC figures; but oddly enough there was a Hammerhead and Chewie-Boushh Prisoner on the pegs this morning when I haven't seen those in months. Their cards were pretty banged up, so I can only guess that they were either stashed somewhere or had fallen behind the shelf or something.

Hopefully this means that my Wal-Mart is officially dry of new figures and it's just a matter of time before TAC waves 2 and 3 arrive.

JEDIpartner
04-23-2007, 11:56 AM
I think I realized one thing that makes it look goofy. The underside of the hair should be painted as well. It's like the hair underneath the outer layer is skin colored. It makes it seem like his head is a coconut. Brown on the outside with the white lining inside.

His head is always too big. It seems like the ball and socket heads work better with actors who have more squarish faces. Mark's face is thin and his neck would need to look like candy corn for them to get the proportions correct. Also-- it looks like they forgot to paint eyebrows on him. And... are there really lavendar stripes on that jacket???!!!

mtriv73
04-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Where is the second wave of comic packs?

I thought they were going to have about 6+ waves this year. Hopefully, they're going to space things out so the market can absorb it rather than shoving 6 waves down our throats in the last quarter.

Phantom-like Menace
04-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Target surprised me this morning with some of wave 1 and wave 2. Of course there were no concept Stormtroopers, but I get the feeling the Luke and Death Star Trooper were the only figures that were put out. Even though I didn't get there until an hour after the store opened, the pegs were jammed full, so I suspect that was as much as the flow team put out.

I'll have to make sure to get there at open for the next few days instead of spending an extra hour on video games.

Edit: So much for my feeling. I just read an email that a friend said they had concept Boba Fett if I had been there at open. Well crap.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Where is the second wave of comic packs?

I thought they were going to have about 6+ waves this year. Hopefully, they're going to space things out so the market can absorb it rather than shoving 6 waves down our throats in the last quarter.

I've been wondering the same thing. Both Target and Wal-Mart had spots for them for a while before I ever saw wave 1. Then they weren't there for long, and no more since then.

I found part of wave 2 at the Fred Meyer nearest me yesterday. There was only Luke, Death Star Trooper, and maybe a Han. There was also a Concept Stormtrooper, so I picked up that and the DST.

figrin bran
04-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Regarding the comic 2 packs, Target does not have pegs/shelf space for them on the current planogram. they probably won't get them until TSC gets clearanced away

Mad Slanted Powers
04-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Regarding the comic 2 packs, Target does not have pegs/shelf space for them on the current planogram. they probably won't get them until TSC gets clearanced awayThey've had them here. However, they moved the Star Wars section to the next aisle, so I can't recall for certain if there is a spot for them there now.

jedi master sal
04-25-2007, 10:40 AM
You know this is just a guess, but can we wonder if Hasbro isn't making as much. Maybe due to lack of orders. But my guess is more that they are holding back to see what figures people are clamoring for and later in the year, they will rerelease them to give people a chance to pick them up again. It's happened that way for the past two lines, so I can easily see this happening for TAC as well.

Of course for us, since we don't know for sure, we still should adopt the "buy it as you see it" mentality. But I really think that for those wanting to army build (such as myself) and those just not finding stuff right now, that we'll see these figures throughout the year in different cases and late in the year as refresh cases to make up for lack of product. (or should I say desirable product...)

-Sal

Old Fossil
04-25-2007, 11:23 AM
There is also the 3 competing movie-based toy lines (Shrek, POTC, and Spider-Man 3) taking up valuable shelf space and retailer orders. With that in mind, there may be slim pickings for us SW collectors over the next couple of months.

JediTricks
04-26-2007, 06:02 PM
You know this is just a guess, but can we wonder if Hasbro isn't making as much. Maybe due to lack of orders. But my guess is more that they are holding back to see what figures people are clamoring for and later in the year, they will rerelease them to give people a chance to pick them up again. It's happened that way for the past two lines, so I can easily see this happening for TAC as well. I suspect more that it's a slow ramp-up, Hasbro admitted they had production problems which prevented the Jan 1st street date for the line and that they were working to get it out in March. Maybe they had a problem making the complex cards or the coins and it held back the line.

Phantom-like Menace
04-26-2007, 11:00 PM
But my guess is more that they are holding back to see what figures people are clamoring for and later in the year, they will rerelease them to give people a chance to pick them up again. It's happened that way for the past two lines, so I can easily see this happening for TAC as well.

Well that would be nice. Mostly due to later cases, they started putting out more Scorches, and I saw a grand total of six on the pegs. Even passed on the sixth.

Old Fossil
04-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Went to Wal-Mart today. Found

JACK

SQUAT.

This is getting ridiculous. I actually wouldn't have minded not finding TAC Wave 2 too much, but I was really hoping to find some Galactic Heroes packs for my daughter. But nooooooo...

What the 'ell is going on???

Kidhuman
04-27-2007, 03:14 PM
I went ot a torte and they told me they had 87 TAC figures on hands. I asked if they could pull a case or 2, they went to the back and came out saying they couldnt find them. WTF is that carp?

JEDIpartner
04-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Some retailers aren't carrying TAC very often. KMart got TAC first, but it's been carrying the same ole crap for the longest time since then. KMart doesn't even carry much Saga. If you want to get a Mustafar Sentry from the ROTS line, KMart is a good place to check.

Our Kmart has 2 Naboo Security dudes, 2 Rep Beens, 2 Endor Lukes, 1 Imperial Gunner and 1 Moff Jerjerrod. That's what they got after selling off all the TAC in the shipment I bought over a month ago.

Old Fossil
04-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Found a partial case of Wave 2 at Wal-Mart this morning. Got 1 Luke, 1 DS Trooper, and 1 Concept Fett. Left a Galactic Marine, an Airborne Trooper, a Concept Stormie, and Han Solo.

What's disturbing is that they were mixed in with what looked like 2 or 3 refresh cases of some Saga Wave 9 assortment. Pegs are chock full o' Elite Corps, Commander Appo, black R5's, and who knows what else. Doesn't bode well for more TAC assortments coming in anytime soon.:upset:

jedibear
04-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Our local TRU got ONE CASE with wave two...all that was left was another soon-to-be pegwarmer, the Han Solo. Nothing figure-wise anywhere else around here. yeah, I'd say the line is stalled...

The only new stuff around here was also at TRU...the new GH wave (Royal Guard etc), the latest Titanium wave (Imp Cruiser, Jabb barge etc) and a ton of ATATs / Dago X wings and a couple of cases of the last Ultra wave (I picked up the Anakin Starfighter...would've got more but at $25. a pop...uh, no)

I'm pretty sure my area stores will flood with figures about the time my plane lifts off for ClV....

Ji'dai
04-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Found a partial case of Wave 2 at Wal-Mart this morning. Got 1 Luke, 1 DS Trooper, and 1 Concept Fett. Left a Galactic Marine, an Airborne Trooper, a Concept Stormie, and Han Solo.

What's disturbing is that they were mixed in with what looked like 2 or 3 refresh cases of some Saga Wave 9 assortment. Pegs are chock full o' Elite Corps, Commander Appo, black R5's, and who knows what else. Doesn't bode well for more TAC assortments coming in anytime soon.:upset: That's a pretty fair assessment of what I saw today at WM too. Pegs were full of TSC with part of TAC wave 2, but no Biggs or Honor Guard. Picked up my second McQ Fett plus a McQ Stormtrooper.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Only 9 TAC figures at Wal-Mart and 9 at Target. All Obi-Wan, Mace or R2. One Fred Meyer still had the Han & Luke I saw last week. Target did have a couple V-Wings and a couple Sith Infiltrators though.

jedi master sal
04-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Decent sized restock yesterday. At least a case of wave 1 and 2 hit the shelves, plus 12 Bantha sets, some mini Unleashed and new SW Transformers.

DarthQuack
04-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Nothing too much around here, hardly any TAC near me.

DarthAngel
05-07-2007, 12:00 AM
In my neck of the woods, there has been an overabundance of peg-warming Moff J in all the TRU, Targets, and Wal-marts. Although I did happen upon wave 1 of TAC back in the beginning of March at the local TRU and snatched up all the figures that I could, but nothing since then. To make matters worse, I went into my local Wal-mart and found what I'm guessing to be an unsightly return of the Figrin D'an collectors tin with only 2 of the figures being Figrin D'an, the other 3 were Greedo, Ponda Baba, and Grandian. I hate to say it but things look pretty bleek here in NY. Hope you all have better luck.

jonthejedi
05-07-2007, 04:37 AM
I haven't seen a McQ. concept stormie since that Friday back in March when wave 1 first hit at K-mart. I think Hasbro is sitting on more Saga surplus than we realize.

JEDIpartner
05-08-2007, 08:49 AM
The Wal*Mart on the hill has pegs jam packed with the Hoth, Endor, and camo battle droid waves!!!

DarthQuack
05-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I figure it's just gonna be easier to get TAC in case form online...I haven't seen a McStormie or Boba yet and it's just going to be a hassle as time goes on.

Ric Olie
05-19-2007, 03:12 PM
My local Walmart has been pretty good. Over all they've put out four shipments. Two each from Wave 1 and Wave 2. All of Wave 2 sold out and were left with three or four Obi-Wans warming the pegs.

JediTricks
05-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Wave 2 has started hitting its stride here, and only the concept Fett seems impossible to find, the rest will require 3 or 4 stops but you'll get them all in one trip. However, wave 1 is still not refreshing very well beyond Obi-Wan, R2, and Mace, though my last trip out I did see the Lava Miner and Galactic Marine once or twice.

Old Fossil
05-25-2007, 12:24 PM
By now I am getting quite frustrated at not being able to find any new figures at retail. The ghost of a Wave 2 case passed through my WM about a month ago, I think. No TAC since, not anywhere that I can find.

This is almost bizarre. We're talking about the bread and butter of Hasbro's SW line: basic action figures. Not even exclusive ones, just the regular line. Plus, with CIV and the 30th Anniversary of the saga (for which the action figure line itself is named!), one would think the pegs would at least be full of new product. Savvy merchandisers might have a nice endcap to tie-in with this, which is a media event (albeit small).

The last new figure I bought at retail was a month ago -- a Saga AT-AT Driver, a figure which could be found on retailer pegs a year ago.

All the pictures from CIV would be exciting, but it's hard to imagine seeing anything from Wave 5 in December when Wave 2 is practically nonexistent here in late May.

tagmac
05-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I've been ordering cases as well, something I haven't done in several years. Heck, I even pre-ordered the Wave 3 set from Brian's Toys (first time ordering from them) because I'm not only NOT seeing Wave 2 around here, but of wave 1, I've never seen the Concept trooper except for in the case I ordered from EE. At this rate, so long as the assortments don't give me extras of non-army builders, it'll cost me less money that way, even at higher prices, than in the gas money wasted driving around looking for these, and the even higher prices I'd be paying some dealer/scalper at a collectibles show.

Droid
05-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I had actually thought that some retailers might be holding some product for the anniversary weekend and there is NOTHING. I think that if Hasbro is correct that their main customers are children (which I don't believe) they better get some product in the stores. Kids have short attention spans. They may take their allowance to the store to buy a figure, not find any, and suddenly decide TMNT, Transformers, Spider-Man, or Pirates OTC are much cooler and never come back to Star Wars.

jedi master sal
05-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I had actually thought that some retailers might be holding some product for the anniversary weekend and there is NOTHING. I think that if Hasbro is correct that their main customers are children (which I don't believe) they better get some product in the stores. Kids have short attention spans. They may take their allowance to the store to buy a figure, not find any, and suddenly decide TMNT, Transformers, Spider-Man, or Pirates OTC are much cooler and never come back to Star Wars.

Don't you mean NEW product? heh

I guess I'm a little lucky since I've seen wave two a couple of times in stores and I'm nto even shopping so much in stores now. Except that I can't find Rebel Honor Guards in the numbers I want. I did luck out and found the McFett. Just need one more to open.

I still have McTroopers is anyone needs them. I'd prefer a trade, but I'll be willing to sell them too. At cost, plus exact shipping.

Thankfully IIRC, there aren't any army builders in wave 3, so I won't be scrambling for those figures. I'll order a case and pick up any stragglers of extras I might want at retail. Really buying cases direct is the way to go nowadays. Find a buddy and you can split a case so neither of you has extras of figs you don't want. Only niche there is when cases come short packed. Still better to get most of them and only have to be on the look out for ONE fig rahter than the whole wave. Also since you can buy cases for a little under retail (you can, but you have to look), you can use the moeny saved for that one elusive fig to purchase on eBay. Might not be a great solution, but it works.

I still say though to network with fellow collectors. It has worked for me very well and I'm ever appreciative of those folks (they know who they are).

El Chuxter
05-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Who cares if the entire line is cancelled? As long as Lanny Mulletman is produced, we can all die happy.

:mabs:

Rogue II
05-26-2007, 09:53 AM
TAC stalled? According to the Hasbro Panel (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=866)

Wave 4 on shelf Aug 1
Wave 5, mid-Aug
Wave 6, Oct 1
Wave 7, Nov 1
Wave 7.5 is Dec 1

Legends Wave 1 & 2 Saga Legends in July 1 and 15
Legends Wave 3 - Sept 1
Legends Wave 4 - Oct 1

Plenty of time to find Wave 3 and the VTAC waves before other waves start shipping.

pegger
05-26-2007, 11:55 AM
TAC stalled? According to the Hasbro Panel (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=866)

Wave 4 on shelf Aug 1
Wave 5, mid-Aug
Wave 6, Oct 1
Wave 7, Nov 1
Wave 7.5 is Dec 1

Legends Wave 3 - Sept 1
Legends Wave 4 - Oct 1

Plenty of time to find Wave 3 and the VTAC waves before other waves start shipping.

2nd half of the year is going to be expensive....

Mad Slanted Powers
05-26-2007, 02:23 PM
I found some more of wave 2 at Target today. Got Biggs, Rebel Honor Guard, and my second Death Star Trooper. I need another RHG, a couple concept Fetts and the vintage figures to be caught up. I don't even see pegs for vintage figures yet. I thought they had got rid of all their VTSC figures, but saw tons of them on a clearance aisle along with tin packs. Wal-Mart finally got some wave 2 comic packs in, but I already paid $11.99 for them at Fred Meyer. Target doesn't have pegs for them.

timmae
05-26-2007, 02:35 PM
fot those (like me that can't go to c4) ck the toyshop site!:thumbsup:

waboritas
05-26-2007, 02:59 PM
fot those (like me that can't go to c4) ck the toyshop site!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered my McLuke.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-27-2007, 06:56 PM
I went to Hasbro's site yesterday to order the concept Luke, but I couldn't remember my password. I think I answered the correct question to get them to send me a new one, but nothing happened. I tried again, thinking maybe I didn't capitalize the first letter. It said that a new one was sent, but I didn't get it. I then tried entering an intentionally wrong answer and it still said that it sent me a new password. I tried re-registering, but it wouldn't let me use the same e-mail. I then sent a message to customer service explaining the situation. The answer must have been automated or a stock answer, because it pretty much told me to do what I had already done. Now, I decided to use a different e-mail and try to order, but it now says "coming soon" for the concept Luke.

Rogue II
05-27-2007, 07:27 PM

Wave 4 on shelf Aug 1
Wave 5, mid-Aug
Wave 6, Oct 1
Wave 7, Nov 1
Wave 7.5 is Dec 1

Legends Wave 3 - Sept 1
Legends Wave 4 - Oct 1

I found the Legends Wave 1 today, so maybe Hasbro's dates were a bit off in their presentation.

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Around here, TAC waves 1 and 2 are never too far away, but usually it's just pegwarmers like Han and Obi-Wan.

Wave 4 on shelf Aug 1
Wave 5, mid-Aug
Wave 6, Oct 1
Wave 7, Nov 1
Wave 7.5 is Dec 1

Legends Wave 3 - Sept 1
Legends Wave 4 - Oct 1

Plenty of time to find Wave 3 and the VTAC waves before other waves start shipping.Geez, I wrote that? I don't even remember it, that stuff was flying by me.