PDA

View Full Version : New Cinema Scenes In August???

skywalters
04-21-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure if anyone's posted this yet, as this is my first time posting here. But I saw a report that Hasbro is cooking up 2 new Cinema Scenes:

1. Hoth (This one has GOT to be cool!!)
2. Naboo Battle Scene (needs batteries???)

There was no text description for the Hoth set, but here's the text for the Naboo set:

"Trouble comes to the peaceful planet of Naboo! Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi fight the powerful Sith apprentice Darth Maul in the Royal Hanger, while a Battle Droid is surprised by Jar Jar Binks' antics. Young Anakin Skywalker takes cover in a Naboo fighter then helps save the day with his great piloting skills!"

Sounds like they are re-issuing the Naboo Fighter (how about a NEW ship guys???). Still sounds like a cool set.

I'm trying to post the URL/link for you guys, but this thing won't let me since I am new...(ugh) I'll see if I can post a few more replies, and then repost the link in here.

skywalters
04-21-2007, 01:56 AM
OK.. I think I have enough posts now to give you guys the URL. Let's see if this works! :-)

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?itemid=10227&blogid=1

2-1B
04-21-2007, 06:31 AM
That would be cool, does it mean they will finally make Jar Jar ? If they were worried that he would possibly pegwarm on a card or something, this would be a good way to get him out there by putting him in a deluxe pack.

Also I would hope Hoth would include a Snowtrooper.

Rocketboy
04-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Not only Jar Jar, there'll probably be a Qui-Gon.

El Chuxter
04-21-2007, 11:11 AM
But if I have to buy a $20 set with a lot of figures I already have to get Qui-Gon, I'll be PEEPEED!

JediTricks
04-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow, this is a real surprise! That fits though. Only 3 weeks ago Hasbro gave ActionFigs.com this answer during Q&A:
The Galactic Heroes line has really taken off with kids and collectors alike, however the most "kid-friendly" film in the saga - Ep I: The Phantom Menace - is heavily underrepresented with the only offerings being re-releases of the now-defunct Playskool line and 1 new Maul set. Characters like Jar Jar Binks, Sebulba, and Qui-Gon Jinn seem like obvious choices for the line. Will there be more Episode I offerings in the future?
Yes, there will be. We should have more information at Celebration IV on what you will be seeing.
Hoth should be easy, the Stompin' Wampa was nearly everything right there, but it'll be lame if they charge $20 or $25 for a set that cost only $10 originally.

Naboo looks like it could be good, appears they're putting sound effects or lights in the Naboo Fighter vehicle, it could DEFINITELY use 'em.

Droid
04-21-2007, 07:18 PM
I'd much rather just buy a Qui-Gon/Jar Jar two pack, but sucker that I am I'll probably buy it.

waboritas
04-22-2007, 07:22 AM
Target had the Galactic Heroes fully stocked (5 or 6 pegs) for the first time in two months. I bought 6 sets of the little guys, but am somewhat reluctant to buy these as the Battlepacks of these are such a bargain at $19.99 for 10 of them (you get them for $2/pop or save $10 on 10). My guess is we will see the following will out shortly:

Cantina Scene: Han, Greedo, Snaggletooth, Ponda Baba, Hammerhead, Band Member, Luke, Obi Wan, Sandtrooper

Jabba's Palace or Sail Barge/Skiff Scene: Leian Bousch, Han in Carbonite, Han skiff, Lando Skiff, Nitko skiff, Luke Jedi, Gamorean Guard, Boba Fett and the reason we would shell out the $$$$: Jabba the Hutt (I am basing this one on 9 figs as them seeing Jaba as a deluxe as it looks like the Naboo scene will have (Maul, Qui-Gon, Obi Wan, Jar Jar, Battle Droid, Anakin and Naboo Star fighter).

Bespin Scene: Bespin Leia, Lando, Bespin Han, Bespin Luke, Chewbacca, C3P0 with removable limbs, R2D2, stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Lobot or Bespin Guard.

For what its worth, the Hoth Scene will probably have: Luke Hoth, Han Hoth, 2 Rebel Hoth Trooper, 2 Snow troopers, Darth Vader and the last three your guess is as good as mine: Probot? Hoth Leia? At At Driver? At At Commander? Chewie? R2? 3P0?

K M Toydarian
04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
For what its worth, the Hoth Scene will probably have: Luke Hoth, Han Hoth, 2 Rebel Hoth Trooper, 2 Snow troopers, Darth Vader and the last three your guess is as good as mine: Probot? Hoth Leia? At At Driver? At At Commander? Chewie? R2? 3P0?

I'd imagine the Tauntaun and Wampa to show up in a Hoth Cinema Scene.

skywalters
04-25-2007, 02:33 AM
I'd imagine the Tauntaun and Wampa to show up in a Hoth Cinema Scene.

You're probably right...and I wish they wouldn't. I'm so tired of the rereleases! I know there are a lot of people who started late and are probably excited. But for those of us who started back when it was Playskool, we're ready for them to move on.

Bring on some new ships already!!

shortcat
05-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Some of those figures you spoke of are definitely coming... I don't know if any of you have seen this pic.

I don't mind the 2 packs anymore. I just want NEW figures, and it looks like they are giving them to us. Mostly. I'm tired of the repacks, and I'm not going to be happy if I have to buy a scene-pack to get my Qui-Gon and Jar Jar. But its very true, there isn't much from Episode I.

I love this line.