PDA

View Full Version : A big sarcastic thank you from the Galactic Heroes fans

El Chuxter
04-22-2007, 12:41 PM
It looks like TRU has jumped the gun with a description of the Naboo battlepack.

Naboo fighter, Obi-Wan, Maul, Anakin... okay, easy to pass on. Wait? What's this? Qui-Gon and Jar Jar?

The two figures we've been begging for for years? And you're going to make us buy a damned set with all the stuff we bought years ago?

At least the stupid black Stormtroopers and astromechs were easy to pass on.

This is really, really low. Even for you dirtbags.

I hate you. I don't say that lightly. May you spend eternity counting your money in hell.

:mad:

K M Toydarian
04-29-2007, 03:36 AM
Let's hope it's just a marketing tool. Those two will probably form a 2 pack down the road, but will "debut" in the cinema scene.
I don't have too much of a problem with the way the Galactic heroes line has been handled for the most part. Hasbro has pretty much made every 2 pack comstantly avaiable, on a reissued card (different color). You can still find some of the first figures, reissued.
Remember, this line, although it has appeal to adult collectors for the kitsch factor, is a kiddie line. No 4 year old was around the first time the Naboo fighter was available, and when the Qui Gon/Jar Jar 2 pack is made there will be a new 4 year old who would love it. Although very collector friendly, the Cinema Scenes are still geared toward kids unlike the exclusive multi packs of action figures (Entertainment Earth, Previews, etc.) that are sold expressly for adult/teen collectors.

My 2 cents
Don't get me wrong, Hasbro does enough insane moves and insulting repacks (Lava Vader anyone), but I'll give em this one:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
04-29-2007, 07:03 AM
I have to agree with EC on this one. 2 figures he have been asking for for years and now we are stuck buying rehashed and reissued figures again. I dont need another Maul or Obi Wan. I dont need more BD or SBD's. If they tossed in a few more new ones say Naboo Guard or Boss NAss that would be cool. But for 2 new figures, is it worth it?