1x Pre-Cyborg Grievous #36
2x McQuarrie Luke Skywalker #37

Wave 6 - August/September 2007
2x McQuarrie Snowtrooper #50
3x Han Solo w/ Torture Rack #51
2x Lando Calrissian (Smuggler Outfit) #52
3x Rebel Trooper with McQuarrie headsculpt #53
1x 4-LOM (Super Articulated) #54

I wanna know why there is a 13 figure gap in between the two waves.

Wave 6 looks really good and like a good case asst, but it only contains 11 figures.

Who the hell is Darth Malak, is that another EU schlep? It seems the whole wave is basically EU figures.

SA 4-LOM? Why? There are so many other choices to have, but it confirms the stand sticker.

figrin bran
04-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Darth Malek is another character from Knights of the Old Republic, Darth Revan's apprentice to be precise.

Why not an SA 4-LOM? the POTF2 sculpt wasn't that bad actually but they can do so much better nowadays and just about all the other bounty hunters have gotten resculpts since (Zuckuss being the lone exception)

Slicker
04-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Malak is indeed another piece of sh*t EU character that they made. It's getting bad when the f**king EU has more figures than characters that were actually SEEN.

SA 4-LOM is another EU character since he never moved anything more than maybe his head in the movie.

figrin bran
04-24-2007, 11:00 PM
so what is it you want Slick? More Vaders and more Lukes? :p

Rogue II
04-24-2007, 11:06 PM
So is Wave 5 the end of the themed waves? It looks like there are 2 - ROTJ, a couple video game, some animated, and a couple concept/EU.

And what the hell is a Kybuck?

Slicker
04-24-2007, 11:07 PM
so what is it you want Slick? More Vaders and more Lukes? :pAnything but EU carp is fine with me...

...unless it's Shadows of the Empire of course.

General_Grievous
04-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Maybe there's a delay of some sort for #38-50? It could also be an error.

jjreason
04-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Lando in Smuggler's outfit..... I sure hope this is real and not another damned Hasbro joke on the collectors. :upset:

Phantom-like Menace
04-25-2007, 12:05 AM
I would admit I don't want to see this much EU all in the same wave--not because I don't staunchly support the EU but because I feel it should supplement waves of mostly movie figures.

The only two figures I'm really excited about are Roron and Lando. I hear a lot of people have been wanting Hermie and Han but I can't care less. It's nice to get any Jedi since the only background Jedi we've gotten in the last year has been Sora Bulq. And Lando has been another figure that people have been positively ****ting themselves with hopes of possibly getting some day.

Hasbro is 0 for 2 for KotOR/KotOR II figures with me. I could make a fairly substantial list of figures I would want them to make from that game before Revan and Malak, but Revan really isn't their fault and Malak goes with him as master/apprentice; plus the baddies are always good choices. I can't fault them and I will buy both of them to support the EU.

I bet Yoda on Kybuck (a Kybuck is the creature Yoda was riding in the Clone Wars cartoons) will just be some rehashed Yoda with a new creature. I'll probably get him, but I won't do anything with him.

Anakin "Can I Borrow a Cup of Shirt?" Skywalker would make a good custom base for Darth Sion from KotOR II, but I suspect they'll eventually get to making one of him. Otherwise I have no use for this Anakin.

Pre-cyborg Grievous could make a cool background alien.

The only McQuarrie figure I've wanted, want, and will want is Boba Fett.

The rest I don't even care enough to comment on.

El Chuxter
04-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Why not an SA 4-LOM? the POTF2 sculpt wasn't that bad actually but they can do so much better nowadays and just about all the other bounty hunters have gotten resculpts since (Zuckuss being the lone exception)

Why not a SA 4-LOM?

Maybe because they should make the remaining characters before resculpting characters who aren't sorely in need of it. Like you said, the sculpt wasn't that bad. For the time, it was great, and it holds up well.

I just think that the other speaking characters (Cliegg, Beru, Owen, Tey How), background characters we actually want (Yarna, Doallyn), remaining costume changes (just about every imaginable Padme outfit, for starters), and characters who actually need resculpts for various reasons (Evazan, Barriss, even Jango) should be a higher priority.

bigbarada
04-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Hermi and 4-LOM are the two standouts here for me. Torture rack Han sounds interesting, but Hasbro has a terrible track record of sculpting screams on 4" figure faces, so I'm betting he's going to look like crap.

4-LOM needs an update, just like Zuckuss still does. He's one of the six ESB bounty hunters, those guys will always be major characters as far as I'm concerned.

I'm really excited to see what Hermi ends up looking like.:yes:

Lord Malakite
04-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Its about time the true SW Expanded Universe (I consider concepts a different category) got its dues. I'll gladly buy a Darth Malak, Darth Revan, and pre-cyborg Grievous. If the others are equally good I may want them as well.:love:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Why not a SA 4-LOM?

Maybe because they should make the remaining characters before resculpting characters who aren't sorely in need of it. Like you said, the sculpt wasn't that bad. For the time, it was great, and it holds up well.

I just think that the other speaking characters (Cliegg, Beru, Owen, Tey How), background characters we actually want (Yarna, Doallyn), remaining costume changes (just about every imaginable Padme outfit, for starters), and characters who actually need resculpts for various reasons (Evazan, Barriss, even Jango) should be a higher priority.4-LOM had that wide stance. All the other bounty hunters have been updated (except for Zuckuss, which was the one least in need of a resculpt), in some cases more than once. I'm interested in seeing how the new 4-LOM turns out.

I do agree that there are a lot of new figures they could do instead, including the ones you mentioned. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this year's assortment. There doesn't seem to be as much in the way of straight repacks or simple repaints in the main line this year. Recycled characters have new sculpts and/or accessories to make the figure worth getting. Plus, there are still quite a few new characters/outfits that we are getting this year. There are several that will be crossed off the top 50 list that Tycho compiled in the scene-by-scene thread. It also doesn't hurt that I like getting EU figures. However, I'm with Phantom Like Menace in that there are other KOTOR characters that I would like to see than the ones we are getting.

LTBasker
04-25-2007, 02:32 AM
http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news/news.htm
SA 4-LOM? Why? There are so many other choices to have, but it confirms the stand sticker.

Probably because it'd be so cheap for them to make? Seriously, a new or retooled head and a new paintjob on the Endor 3PO body. Easy 4-LOM that is also "SA" to entice us. Personally, I was hoping they'd save that concept for the vintage line. :\

Jargo
04-25-2007, 06:01 AM
4-LOM really only needs a new set of legs. the wide leg stance on the POTF2 figure is pants. but the upper torso and head and arms are fine. as has been said the dude just stands around. and 4-LOM has a totaly different torso to 3PO.

Wave 5 - July/August 2007
Hermie Odle (Must have this figure!)
C-3PO (the one with salacious crumb? if yes I'll take it if not forget it)
Roron Corob (Boring)
Yoda w/ Kybuck (depends how it turns out, but most beasts are cool with me. even diminutive ones)
Anakin w/ Tatoos (yawn)
Darth Revan (yawn)
Darth Malak (yawn)
Pre-Cyborg Grievous (I like the design in the comic but depends how the figure turns out. prefer his pre-cyborg look to the movie version.)
McQuarrie Luke Skywalker (thought this was a C4 exclusive? why is it listed here as part of a wave?)

McQuarrie Snowtrooper (Boring)
Han Solo w/ Torture Rack (I'd buy this just for the fact that I've always loved the fact Cloud city had a torture rack in the irst place)
Lando Calrissian (Smuggler Outfit) (Hope this one is true)
Rebel Trooper with McQuarrie headsculpt (obviously based on his appearance in Echo base ESB as an extra Not a figure I'm interested in)
4-LOM (Super Articulated) (I don't actually have any use for this character)

Kidhuman
04-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Out of these two waves I am oinly going to definitely buy

Hermi Odle
3PO with Crumb(only if his eye is out or green goop)
Roron Corob
Lando
Han Torture Rack.

I might buy:
Anakin with Tatoos(CW cartoon)
Grievous(long shot, depends on how cool he looks)

Seems I will be saving some cash these waves.

Old Fossil
04-25-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm a little excited at the prospect of finally getting a new Lando. Other Lando's are really tied to specific sequences or scenes in the films. The smuggler outfit will lend the character more "scene versatility," and (for kids) make his play value higher.

A new 4-LOM is needed, and almost inevitable. The one we have is fine for its day, but it's 10 years old or so and Hasbro has shown a marked interest in keeping our ESB bounty hunters with up-to-date sculpts and articulation. He will go well with the new vintage Bossk (or even the OTC one) and IG-88, the VOTC Fett, and the Saga Dengar. And while all 4-LOM did in the film was stand there, that's not what "action" figures are really about... especially a bounty hunter character. This is not an FX-7 or R1-G4.

pegger
04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Lando in smuggler's outfit???

Please don't let this be some cruel joke.....

El Chuxter
04-25-2007, 12:37 PM
A new 4-LOM is needed, and almost inevitable. The one we have is fine for its day, but it's 10 years old or so and Hasbro has shown a marked interest in keeping our ESB bounty hunters with up-to-date sculpts and articulation. He will go well with the new vintage Bossk (or even the OTC one) and IG-88, the VOTC Fett, and the Saga Dengar. And while all 4-LOM did in the film was stand there, that's not what "action" figures are really about... especially a bounty hunter character. This is not an FX-7 or R1-G4.

By that logic, though, a new Evazan is more necessary, because the 10 year old sculpt sucked even by the standards of the day. Hasbro has shown a marked interest in populating our cantinas. He will go well with the forty of so new Tatooine Lukes we've gotten since he came out. And, while all Dr Evazan did was say several lines and get the snot kicked out of him by Obi-Wan, that's not what action figures are all about... especially a lowlife thug who tries to kill the hero of the series. This is not Momaw Nadon... oh, wait. Momaw already got his resculpt, didn't he?

jedi master sal
04-25-2007, 01:19 PM
http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news/news.htm

Lists waves 5 and 6:

1x Hermie Odle #29
1x C-3PO #30
1x Roron Corob #31
2x Yoda w/ Kybuck #32
2x Anakin w/ Tatoos #33
1x Darth Revan (Fan's Choice Figur) #34
1x Darth Malak #35

3x Han Solo w/ Torture Rack #51

Wave 6 looks really good and like a good case asst, but it only contains 11 figures.

Who the hell is Darth Malak, is that another EU schlep? It seems the whole wave is basically EU figures.

Okay let me first try and answer KH's questions.
13 figure gap? Most likely because the "Force Unleashed" wave was to be between these two waves.
Wave 6 case only contains 11 figures? Likely the Han with Torture rack is a big bubble that then only allows for 11 figures to be packed in a case.

Now as far as what I want if this announcment is true:

1x Hermie Odle #29
1x C-3PO #30
1x Roron Corob #31
1x Yoda w/ Kybuck #32
1x Anakin w/ Tatoos #33
1x Darth Revan (Fan's Choice Figur) #34
1x Darth Malak #35
Hmm, so it looks like this is a whole case for me and I'll just have one extra Yoda w/Kybuck to trade/sell/donate. Not bad.

1x Han Solo w/ Torture Rack #51
1x Lando Calrissian (Smuggler Outfit) #52
2x Rebel Trooper with McQuarrie headsculpt #53
Hmm almost a whole case, but I'd end up with 2 extra Hans, 1 extra Lando and 1 extra Rebel Trooper with McQuarrie headsculpt. So I most likely won't buy a whole case of this unless I can get someone to agree to buy the extras or at least one each of the extras and I'll get rid of the extra-extrra torture rack Han somehow.

These are ok waves. Some are standout figures but many are meh.
Man am I glad this is my last big year for collecting. Next year is really starting to look like it will be a year of savings for me...I really can't think of what Hasbro could come out with to entice me into a feverish collecting year again. TV shows aside, there's not much left to do. Since they are knocking out the McQ figs and working on the EU there really isn't much new territory to explore. Certainly most of the figs from the movies are done. Those last few remaining are one-fers. (I'm only getting one-fer my collection...heh) So no army building next year. (Like I said, with exception to the tv shows and even then I doubt very much.)

-Sal

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-25-2007, 05:38 PM
The gap probably has nothing to do with the TFU figures. Isn't there supposed to be an AOTC wave between these, or maybe even more? I had a list around here somewhere so I'll try to dig it up.

Anyway, these all sound pretty cool. I don't much care about the KOTOR figures, but it'll be nice to have more Clone Wars and ESB stuff we've wanted for a while.

EDIT: Here's the last 30 figures that were originally slated for this year. The final seven will obviously not be coming until spring, and they haven't announced their replacements yet. The numbers may or may not be correct.

31. Roron Corobb
32. Yoda with Kybuck
33. Nelvaan Anakin Skywalker
34. Darth Malak
35. Qymaen Jai Sheelal (Pre-Cyborg General Grievous)
36. Concept Luke Skywalker (McQuarrie Signature Series)
37. Darth Revan
38. Pharl McQuarrie (yes that's the character's real name)
39. Han Solo with Torture Rack
40. Smuggler Lando Calrissian
41. Concept Rebel Trooper (McQuarrie Signature Series)
42. 4-LOM
43. Concept Han Solo (McQuarrie Signature Series)
44. Ewoks 2-pack
45. Spirit of Anakin Skywalker
46. A-wing Pilot Tycho Celchu
47. R2-D2 with Cargo Net
48. Clone Trooper
49. Concept Rebel Trooper (McQuarrie Signature Series)
50. Padmé Amidala
51. Jango Fett
52. Voolvif Monn
53. Destroyer Droid
54. Heavy Stormtrooper
55. Stormtrooper
56. Maris Brood
57. Darth Vader
58. Samurai Jedi
59. Shadow Guard
60. Juno Eclipse

I'm wondering if the basic McQuarrie Luke will be a different one than the CIV one, or if they will change it altogether?

Jargo
04-25-2007, 06:09 PM
I was browsing the product pages at r2dtoys.com and noticed they'd got a concept Luke AND a concept Jedi Luke listed. which seems to make sense because hasbro wouldn't only do concept figures from two movies. I mean from ANH there's vader, stormie, Luke, Han, Chewie, R2 and 3PO. So with Fett and the snowtrooper and possibly the rebel soldier from ESB where's the ROTJ figures? Jedi Luke would be a start. I'd like to know what else is on the cards.

Jaff
04-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Out of 14 figures listed I am only really interested in the film figs. Thus there is only 5 for me to choose from...

TAC #29/07 Hermi Odle
TAC #30/07 C-3PO with Salacious Crumb
TAC#51/07 Han Solo with Torture Rack
TAC#52/07 Lando Calrissian (Smuggler Outfit)
TAC#54/07 4-LOM

4-LOM and Hermi are my most desired figs. Lando and Han I want very much, and as for 3PO. Having a green stain on his chest only excites me so much. I'll most likely get the McQuarrie figs as I kind of like these, but I'm in no rush to get them.

Droid
04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I was browsing the product pages at r2dtoys.com and noticed they'd got a concept Luke AND a concept Jedi Luke listed. which seems to make sense because hasbro wouldn't only do concept figures from two movies. I mean from ANH there's vader, stormie, Luke, Han, Chewie, R2 and 3PO. So with Fett and the snowtrooper and possibly the rebel soldier from ESB where's the ROTJ figures? Jedi Luke would be a start. I'd like to know what else is on the cards.

To me it makes no sense to do a concept figure of the characters from Empire or Jedi that were already in a New Hope. Rather than Empire Luke concept figure I am surprised we aren't seeing Yoda on the list anywhere since he looked pretty different in some of the concept art.

And who needs a concept Rebel Trooper?

jedi master sal
04-26-2007, 10:00 AM
...Rather than Empire Luke concept figure I am surprised we aren't seeing Yoda on the list anywhere since he looked pretty different in some of the concept art.

Oooh yeah a little Gnome Yoda, or a blue Yoda....hmm there are some possibilities here with this one. Hmm, maybe they could combine the gnome Yoda and the Blue Yoda....no wait, then it would be a Smurf, HA HA!!!

-Sal

Jargo
04-26-2007, 11:11 AM
I'd want a concept Lando. McQuarrie seemed to paint him as Latino looking. Leprechaun Yoda is a terrible design. even if they went that route I'd skip over it. I can't think of much else besides the bounty hunters that could be done for ESB.
For ROTJ I think i'd probably want a concept ewok maybe the little fluffball design or the design where they were taller with spindly legs. and a concept biker scout. and definitely a concept Emperor. and Jabba. and maybe some palace denizens.

who needs a concept rebel trooper? completists and rebel trooper enthusiasts perhaps?

BoShek
04-26-2007, 11:18 AM

Anyone know what this figure will look like? I love Rebel Troopers.

Jargo
04-26-2007, 11:45 AM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pharl_McQuarrie

according to hearsay it'll be Major Derlin/General Rieekan kitbash sort of thing with Ralph's head.

bigbarada
04-26-2007, 08:37 PM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pharl_McQuarrie

according to hearsay it'll be Major Derlin/General Rieekan kitbash sort of thing with Ralph's head.

Why all the sucking up to Ralph McQuarrie all of a sudden? He wasn't the only designer for Star Wars. What about Joe Johnston (who I believe was a better artist)? John Mollo who was responsible for the final look of the Imperials, Darth Vader, and designed most of the Cantina aliens, should get a nod as well.

Jargo
04-26-2007, 08:52 PM
I've been saying that for years. it's probs coz poor ralph has parkinsons disease. And probably never said a bad word about LFL whereas I suspect Joe has said a few choice things about the experience and John Mollo is famed for those doodle style illustrations. Joe should at least get a stormtrooper with the hoses atttached as in the scene where stormies watch the falcon being tractor beamed into the death star or Death Star Trooper cowering from the superlaser with his face on it though.