PDA

View Full Version : Robot Chicken: Star Wars

Rocketboy
04-25-2007, 11:20 AM
"Robot Chicken" creators Seth Green and Matthew Senreich are channeling their inner geeks with "Robot Chicken: Star Wars," a special for Adult Swim.

The 30-minute stop-motion animation special, directed by Green, spoofs key scenes and favorite characters from the "Star Wars" universe, including the sci-fi saga's creator, George Lucas. It was done in collaboration with Lucasfilm, and Lucas is on board to voice the animated version of himself.

Additionally, "Robot Chicken: Star Wars" will feature Mark Hamill as the voice of Luke Skywalker in one sketch and a voice cast that includes Conan O'Brien, Seth MacFarlane, Robert Smigel, Malcolm McDowell, Hulk Hogan, James Van Der Beek, Donald Faison, Abraham Benrubi, Breckin Meyer and Joey Fatone.

The special, from Green and Senreich's Stoopid Monkey Prods. and Alex Bulkley and Corey Campodonico's ShadowMachine Films, will premiere at 10 p.m. June 17 on Adult Swim, kicking off a best-of "Robot Chicken" marathon that will feature "Star Wars" reruns at the top of every hour. "

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Robot_Chicken_Star_Wars_105294.asp

General_Grievous
04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
This....is....awesome. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
This will probably one of Cartoon Network's highest rated shows ever, just saw a link for it on Yahoo! on the front page.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Donald Faison, awesome. Now I better submit my s***tier version before they do theirs so any overlapping material can't be labeled as plagiarism. :thumbsup:

Jargo
04-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Seth Green so needs to be cast in the star wars live action TV show.

CaptainSolo1138
04-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Seth Green so needs to be cast in the star wars live action TV show.But only if he plays the shirtless, "exploring" farmboy, right?;)

Jargo
04-28-2007, 04:37 PM
hehehehehehehe oh you know........:love:

K M Toydarian
05-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Just watched to trailer, looks amazing.
http://www.starwars.com/community/news/media/chickentrailer.html

All those 12" Star Wars figures look so cool animated.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Just watched to trailer, looks amazing.
http://www.starwars.com/community/news/media/chickentrailer.html

All those 12" Star Wars figures look so cool animated.

Yeah, i'm REALLY REALLY excited. I'm watching season 2 of RC right now and it's hysterical. It needs a DVD release! That clip of Palapatine still kills me. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
05-28-2007, 07:37 PM
I had no idea this trailer existed until today. Obi-Wan kicking Luke in the nads was hilarious. :D

CaptainSolo1138
05-29-2007, 06:54 AM
"Your tongues can't repel flavor of this magnitude!" :D

I'm looking forward to this!

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 07:32 PM
I think they overpromoted this at CIV, they had like 6 panels on the show whereas Family Guy SW had just 2, and by the last day's Robot Chicken panel they couldn't fill the Petree Stage and were grabbing people in the halls and trying to usher them in. I actually didn't see a single bit of it, I planned to catch one of the panels with Seth Green but kept getting sidetracked, and then I kept hearing from convention-goers that he was being kind of a tool - not sure what they meant by it. But when they tried to pull me in for the last panel on Sunday, I somehow just wasn't interested.

I did take pictures of the display they had set up in the West Hall lobby though:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23605
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23606
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23607
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23608

tagmac
06-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Well, the premiere is tomorrow nigh. Got my VCR set just in case I don't get home in time from a Father's Day BBQ. Never watched the show before, but the preview loked pretty good.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Someone mentioned the 12" figures . . . at CIV (in JT's pics) the setup had figures that were around 6"-7" or so. I think they made most of them specifically for this whereas on other episodes use a combination of these and pre-made figures.

Seth Green was on Craig Whatshisface last night. They showed the Emperor clip, which the audience didn't seem to get . . . but then again, if you're in the audience for that show, your sense of humor has to be pretty off in the first place. They also showed another clip where Imperial officers were teaching each other how to pretend to choke or something, but I turned to the channel partway through it and missed most of it.

General_Grievous
06-17-2007, 09:31 PM
God this was hilarious. My favorite parts?

-The AT-AT Driver on the john when Luke threw the detonator
-The Ponda Baba sketch
-The Nerd meeting George Lucas (and the fat chick in the Slave Leia outfit :p)
-The homeless guy in the Tauntaun
-The death of Jar Jar had me in tears, I was laughing so hard. :D
-Dancing Lobot
-Conan O' Brien as Zuckuss was icing on the cake, especially the Death Star's cameo at the end.

And Luke and Leia in bed was just as it was stated in the sketch...wrong. :eek:

The end credits theme sung by chickens was great too. If you missed it the first time, they're showing it every hour on Cartoon Network. Watch it! You won't regret it! :thumbsup:

Beast
06-17-2007, 09:42 PM
God this was hilarious. My favorite parts?

-The AT-AT Driver on the john when Luke threw the detonator
-The Ponda Baba sketch
-The Nerd meeting George Lucas (and the fat chick in the Slave Leia outfit :p)
-The homeless guy in the Tauntaun
-The death of Jar Jar had me in tears, I was laughing so hard. :D
-Dancing Lobot
-Conan O' Brien as Zuckuss was icing on the cake, especially the Death Star's cameo at the end.

And Luke and Leia in bed was just as it was stated in the sketch...wrong. :eek:

The end credits theme sung by chickens was great too. If you missed it the first time, they're showing it every hour on Cartoon Network. Watch it! You won't regret it! :thumbsup:
Agreed. It was great. Shame it won't be on the Robot Chicken Season 2 DVD. :(

General_Grievous
06-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Agreed. It was great. Shame it won't be on the Robot Chicken Season 2 DVD. :(

Maybe it'll be on the Season 3 DVD.

Rocketboy
06-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Maybe this is further proof that my love for Star Wars is on life support because I thought it was just ok.
It had some good moments, like the At-At in the beginning, Admiral Ackbar cereal, the classic Emperor/Vader phone call scene, and Boba Fett with Han Carbonite (with Aqua Teen's Carl as his voice!), but so many of the gags fell pretty flat.

And if I ever see that lame-*** George Bush sketch again it'll be too soon.

C5Jedi
06-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I thought it was just ok.
It had some good moments, like the At-At in the beginning, Admiral Ackbar cereal, the classic Emperor/Vader phone call scene, and Boba Fett with Han Carbonite (with Aqua Teen's Carl as his voice!), but so many of the gags fell pretty flat.

And if I ever see that lame-*** George Bush sketch again it'll be too soon.

I completely agree.

DarthQuack
06-18-2007, 12:07 AM
The Jarjar scene was great....and Luke's smile after what Leia says....

General_Grievous
06-18-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm already looking for a screencap of Jar Jar's face when he unmaskes Vader. "Ani, whatsa happen to you?!" :D

El Chuxter
06-18-2007, 12:34 AM
I thought it was decent. Sort of like most episodes, there were some hits that had me rolling, more misses that never went anywhere, and a too-long finale that apparently Seth Green found funny (though no one else did).

Memorable:
Vader and Jar Jar (I actually laughed more when I saw it was really Ahmed Best, though!)
Disco dancing Lobot
Ponda Baba: Architect
Admiral Ackbar cereal

Tenric78
06-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Robot Chicken is either hit or miss for me, this one was more hit than miss.

CaptainSolo1138
06-18-2007, 06:25 AM
I thought it was, overall, quite funny. Like RB said, though, the Bush/Lincoln thing wasn't even that funny the first time around, let alone on the third viewing or so. I'd make mention of my favorite parts, but its pretty much been done already.

OK, dancing Lobot was awesome! There, I made mention of one.:D

And just in case CN didn't show it enough times last night for you, here's (http://www.superdeluxe.com/sd/contentDetail.do?id=D81F2344BF5AC7BBFC30C8F3869BC6 466EB49C7FC9D9D87A) a link to the episode online.

JEDIpartner
06-18-2007, 12:42 PM
I enjoyed the Admiral Ackbar moment the most 'cos it reminded me or Dar'Argol on the last day of CIII when he was losing his voice...

"Dude! Say It!! Say it, man!!!!"

"It's a tra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ap!!!!"

:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Boba Fett with Han Carbonite (with Aqua Teen's Carl as his voice!)
According to the man himself at CIV, Breckin Meyer voiced Boba Fett.

I thought it was awesome! My favorites were probably Jar Jar (the voice and animation were just damn hilarious for some reason), the space slugs, and Ponda Baba. I really liked the attention to detail that they had, like on Hem Dazon's body, which was first shown only last year on the figure (as far as I know). I also thought the opening credits were awesome since it worked so perfectly between both SW and Robot Chicken, especially the chicken down by the lava river. Now I need to see it again.

Oh, also, they showed a longer version of the George Lucas sketch at CIV with him on a therapist's couch (which I think is also online). I wonder why they cut it?

El Chuxter
06-18-2007, 01:58 PM
My favorites were probably Jar Jar (the voice and animation were just damn hilarious for some reason)....

Because it was really the esteemed :rolleyes: Mr Best himself!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Because it was really the esteemed :rolleyes: Mr Best himself!
At CIV, they said that they had a lot of outtakes with him that were hilarious. Hopefully they'll put them online or something. Just him saying "Ani!" over and over and seeming like he was about to lose his mind while Darth Vader was trying to stay cool was awesome. :D

Also, they mentioned how there was a sketch where Han was standing in an alley and just said, "Now let's blow this thing and go home!" Too bad they cut it, it would've at least been better than that 12-minute reactor sketch.

Rocketboy
06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
According to the man himself at CIV, Breckin Meyer voiced Boba Fett.Really? Huh, he sounded a lot like Carl to me.

Kidhuman
06-18-2007, 02:19 PM
The AT-AT
Ponda Boba
Admiral Ackbar
The yo Mamma scene
JarJar's death
Empire on Ice

Those were all damn funny. Seems like the Emperor got the most play out of all of them. This was damn funny.

Jargo
06-18-2007, 02:22 PM
*sigh* can i have that thirty minutes of my life back please?

OC47150
06-18-2007, 04:18 PM
If anyone hears when it's reairing, please post. I missed it. Forgot all about it.

And trying to navigate Cartoon Network or Adult Swim's websites is next to impossible.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-18-2007, 06:07 PM
With this being the first RC I'd seen, this could be an old comment. How much in royalties do they owe to Toy Fare's action figure cartoon strips?

It was pretty good, but when I watched the non-SW ones afterwards, that's ugly bad, awful! Those were some unfunny, crude ones. :sad: :Bel-Cam'saprude:

CaptainSolo1138
06-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I
And just in case CN didn't show it enough times last night for you, here's (http://www.superdeluxe.com/sd/contentDetail.do?id=D81F2344BF5AC7BBFC30C8F3869BC6 466EB49C7FC9D9D87A) a link to the episode online.

If anyone hears when it's reairing, please post. I missed it. Forgot all about it.

And trying to navigate Cartoon Network or Adult Swim's websites is next to impossible.Its very reassuring to see that people pay attention to what I post.:p

Rocketboy
06-18-2007, 07:06 PM
You can watch the whole thing here (http://www.superdeluxe.com/sd/contentDetail.do?id=D81F2344BF5AC7BBFC30C8F3869BC6 466EB49C7FC9D9D87A) or on starwars.com

figrin bran
06-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Thank you for the link CS! I clicked on it at least ;)

I've a newfound sympathy for Ponda Baba/Walrusman now.

Like just about everyone else, i liked that one plus the Ackbar commercial (where's the blue milk?) and Jar Jar.

JediTricks
06-19-2007, 03:18 AM
Someone mentioned the 12" figures . . . at CIV (in JT's pics) the setup had figures that were around 6"-7" or so. I think they made most of them specifically for this whereas on other episodes use a combination of these and pre-made figures.Good call, they're 8" figures done in classic Mego style (some using actual Mego bodies), the show has always used them because the show is an expansion of ToyFare magazine's Twisted Mego Theater.

They showed the Emperor clip, which the audience didn't seem to get . . .That clip is so played out IMO, but if it's the first time you've seen it, I can't imagine how it's not funny to you unless you've been living in a cave or a coma for the past 31 years.

Maybe this is further proof that my love for Star Wars is on life support because I thought it was just ok.
It had some good moments, like the At-At in the beginning, Admiral Ackbar cereal, the classic Emperor/Vader phone call scene, and Boba Fett with Han Carbonite (with Aqua Teen's Carl as his voice!), but so many of the gags fell pretty flat.I agree, there was a lot here that was just a chuckle and "oh, that might have worked if they had gone _____ instead".

And if I ever see that lame-*** George Bush sketch again it'll be too soon.Yeah, it's not funny and it runs way too long.

I thought it was decent. Sort of like most episodes, there were some hits that had me rolling, more misses that never went anywhere, and a too-long finale that apparently Seth Green found funny (though no one else did).I don't even remember the last sketch, what was it?

Memorable:
Vader and Jar Jar (I actually laughed more when I saw it was really Ahmed Best, though!)I knew it was Best doing it and found that to be the funniest part, that he's willing to say almost anything and make it work. I dunno why, but I have an ear for real vs fake Jar Jar even though it sickens me. :p

According to the man himself at CIV, Breckin Meyer voiced Boba Fett.Yeah, it sounded like it to me, I was hoping they'd go for something that was either more OT Fett or more Jango, but they just kinda halfassed it. The new sketches largely used the same handful of guys that are stretched too thin here and it really shows.

I also thought the opening credits were awesome since it worked so perfectly between both SW and Robot Chicken, especially the chicken down by the lava river. Yeah, that was pretty clever!

With this being the first RC I'd seen, this could be an old comment. How much in royalties do they owe to Toy Fare's action figure cartoon strips? None, the show is coproduced by some of the Twisted Mego Theater guys, specifically Doug Goldstein, Matt Senreich and Tom Root.

K M Toydarian
06-19-2007, 05:35 AM
Seriously, I thought the Star Wars on Ice sketch (the last sketch) was awesome!
I totally want to be a Probot, or ATAT for Halloween!. I thought the Wampa breathing hard after his last routine was great. Now I know what to do with the infeior "plush" Chewy and Wampa Hasbro 12" - make them into costumes that Han and Luke can wear for Halloween.

OC47150
06-19-2007, 07:36 AM
With this being the first RC I'd seen, this could be an old comment. How much in royalties do they owe to Toy Fare's action figure cartoon strips?

It was pretty good, but when I watched the non-SW ones afterwards, that's ugly bad, awful! Those were some unfunny, crude ones. :sad: :Bel-Cam'saprude:

Bel-Cam, you need to rent season 1 and just sit down and watch it. It's some of the funniest stuff I'd seen.

My favorite skit (and the one I tell people about) is a take off on MTV's Real World with comic book characters: Superman, Batman, Catwoman, the Hulk.

There's also a skit about a sci-fi convention that's gut-busting funny, too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2007, 02:20 PM
After watching it yesterday I realized that Donald Faison played Dr. Evazan. Turk as Evazan, awesome! However, it sounded like his voice once they got in the cantina was different.

Also, who did Hulk Hogan play? I saw him in the credits but can't figure it out.

Kidhuman
06-19-2007, 03:40 PM
I think Turk also did Mace's voice when he falls down and the janitor sweeps him up. I dont know who Hulk Hogan did, maybe the construction guy.

DarkArtist
06-19-2007, 06:31 PM
I laughed my *** off. the opening sequence was classic with the ROTS spoof as well as the Imperial Walker skit.

"Go for Papa Palpatine "
"Whose they ?What the Hell is an Aluminum Falcon ?"
"you must smell like feet wrapped up in leathery burnt bacon"

Phantom-like Menace
06-19-2007, 11:08 PM
I've loved the Palpatine/Vader phone call every time I've seen it since the first time. "I'll tell everyone how much of a whiney baby you were about Pada Mommy or Panda Bear or whatever her name was! . . . Ooh, he's crying."

As far as new material, I thought the Ponda Baba skit was great, and the AT-AT driver on the throne and the bodies falling in front of the janitor made me snicker.

My favorite skit (and the one I tell people about) is a take off on MTV's Real World with comic book characters: Superman, Batman, Catwoman, the Hulk.

Real World: Metropolis

Two words: Dishes done!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-19-2007, 11:22 PM
After watching it yesterday I realized that Donald Faison played Dr. Evazan. Turk as Evazan, awesome! However, it sounded like his voice once they got in the cantina was different.

Also, who did Hulk Hogan play? I saw him in the credits but can't figure it out.

Hogan voiced Abe Lincoln during his epic battle with Dubya.

And i loved this episode. As stated before, RB is hit or miss and this has about 90% hits for me. I loved the random stuff: the disco Lobot, the small blip of Luke/Leia, Boba getting a tad too close to frozen Han, the sketch with Luke vs. Palpy and that phone call sketch still cracks me up. When i was walking into work today, I said asked my buddy, "What the hell is an aluminum falcon?" to which he said, "You've been flying around for two weeks trying to get a signal????" One of the customers overheard and added, "you must smell like feet wrapped in leathery burnt bacon." We laughed. It was a great geek united moment. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
06-19-2007, 11:58 PM

I dunno...did he voice Lincoln in the Bush sketch?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-20-2007, 11:46 AM
I dunno...did he voice Lincoln in the Bush sketch?

Hogan voiced Abe Lincoln during his epic battle with Dubya.There's your answer, unless you do stop... believin', whoa oh-ohhhhhh!

Best phrases in my memory right now:
"Look! I'm ambidexious! "
"Yeah, I love you too."

JediTricks
06-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Seriously, I thought the Star Wars on Ice sketch (the last sketch) was awesome!
I totally want to be a Probot, or ATAT for Halloween!. I thought the Wampa breathing hard after his last routine was great. Now I know what to do with the infeior "plush" Chewy and Wampa Hasbro 12" - make them into costumes that Han and Luke can wear for Halloween.Oh yeah, that was the last sketch, I forgot all about it. I thought it was a clever idea and just wasn't quite "there", like the jokes weren't hitting hard enough or it was running too long or something.

Making those 12" into costumes would be hilarious, but also a little disturbing, might look like Han skinned Chewie alive and was wearing him like a fur coat. :p

Kidhuman
06-30-2007, 11:18 PM
If you missed it the first time around, or just wanna watch it again, it is on Sunday night at 11pm again.

OC47150
07-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
07-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Can't $$$ cable...thank God for Youtube....this episode rocked...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And major props to Lucas for his cameo...also, Jar Jar is finally redeemed!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it:laugh:

Best skit: Empire on Ice!!!! HI-FREAKING-LARIOUS!
Best cameo: Jar Jar lol
Best commercial: Admiral Ackbar's cereal. :p
Best joke: Luke and Leia in bed...:yes:

Beast
01-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Looks like Seth Green must have caught sight of the order numbers for Family Guy.

Robot Chicken 'Not Long Ago, In a Galaxy Not Far Enough Away':
Robot Chicken - Star Wars Comes to DVD!
Scoop: Seth MacFarlane/Seth Green's OTHER Parody Coming in May

Posted by David Lambert

This coming Tuesday sees the release of Family Guy - Blue Harvest on DVD, the recently-aired (and hilarious!) parody of the original Star Wars film. But it wasn't the first time a Seth MacFarlane/Seth Green-related television series had mocked the epic story in space! Last July saw Seth Green's [adult swim] program Robot Chicken air its own take on Star Wars... a fact that was even brought up by Peter (MacFarlane) and Chris (Green) at the end of Blue Harvest.

We've learned that Warner Home Video is planning a special DVD release for Robot Chicken - Star Wars, due to arrive on May 20th. This single-disc release will include the special itself - 30 minutes of sketches - plus around an hour's worth of Special features:

Video Commentary
Animation Meeting
On-Air Bumps
Trailers
Behind The Scenes
Deleted Scenes
Alternate Audio
Time Lapse
Photo Gallery
Panel Presentations
Episode Commentary

Among the voice actors you'll hear are Green, MacFarlane, George Lucas (as himself), Ahmed Best (reprising his theatrical role as "Jar-Jar Binks"), Malcolm McDowell, Conan O'Brien, Donald Faison, James Van Der Beek, Joey Fatone, Hulk Hogan and Mark Hamill as "Luke Skywalker" (in some sketches; Bob Bergen voices Luke in most sketches).

Cost will be just $14.97 SRP. Stay tuned for cover art, as soon as it becomes available!

Kidhuman
01-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Like we didnt see that one coming. 15 bucks for it though sounds a bit steep for 30 minutes of stuff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Like we didnt see that one coming. 15 bucks for it though sounds a bit steep for 30 minutes of stuff.
The SRPs are usually higher than it turns out to be, aren't they? Anyway, I'll likely be getting this since the special features sound cool.

JediTricks
01-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Can you say "ripoff" boys and girls? I knew you could. Half the show was recycled anyway, and all of it is available free online, so the only reason to buy this is for the extras, which better be damn good for that price.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Cover art. http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/robot-chicken-star-wars.html :thumbsup:

JediTricks
01-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Even the cover art is lame.

Beast
07-19-2008, 09:26 PM
A great review of the Robot Chicken: Star Wars Special DVD.

http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/robot-chicken-star-wars.html

The extras sound fantastic. Especially when you get all of that for under $10.00.

7 Audio Commentaries? Including one with George Lucas' kids. Sweet! :D

JetsAndHeels
07-20-2008, 11:53 AM
For ten bucks that's a great deal.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Sweet, I totally forgot about this coming out.

JediTricks
07-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Tuesday.

4:30 of deleted scenes (in animatic form) works for me. I originally wasn't gonna buy it, but I couldn't pass that up.

El Chuxter
07-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Is that four minutes, thirty seconds, or is that four hours, thirty minutes?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Is that four minutes, thirty seconds, or is that four hours, thirty minutes?
I saw a commercial where they touted two hours of bonus features, so I'm betting it's the former.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-22-2008, 01:12 AM
The SRPs are usually higher than it turns out to be, aren't they? Anyway, I'll likely be getting this since the special features sound cool.The Target ad on Sunday said $8.99 I think.

OC47150
07-22-2008, 06:56 AM
It's $9.99 at Best Buy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Episode II coming November 16. (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=47100) Sweet!

Beast
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Episode II coming November 16. (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=47100) Sweet!
Wow, they actually got Carrie Fisher to come in and do Princess Leia?

Is she desperate for money? Cause last we heard from Kevin Smith was that she hates doing anything related to Star Wars. Hence why there was no SW joke in her cameo in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2008, 03:02 PM

Is she desperate for money? Cause last we heard from Kevin Smith was that she hates doing anything related to Star Wars. Hence why there was no SW joke in her cameo in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.
In her guest appearance on 30 Rock last year, she said "Help me Liz Lemon, you're my only hope!" So it's not too far-fetched.

Beast
07-23-2008, 03:14 PM
In her guest appearance on 30 Rock last year, she said "Help me Liz Lemon, you're my only hope!" So it's not too far-fetched.
Guess maybe she mellowed out a bit. Which is cool.

Maybe they'll get her to do something on Family Guy, like her character as Mon Mothma in the RotJ one.

General_Grievous
07-23-2008, 04:20 PM

Well they got Billy Dee Williams to do Lando for another episode of Robot Chicken and they almost got Harrison Ford for the Star Wars special, so this comes as no surprise to me.

2-1B
07-23-2008, 05:41 PM
plus they got that old hag to embarrass herself on Deal or No Deal, so she really knows no shame.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Maybe that rant she did at that one thing where they honored George Lucas was therapeutic.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJdV_ssgfrY) is a trailer for Episode II, with some hilarious Boba Fett stuff. This looks sweet!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-17-2008, 01:58 AM
Wow, that was awesome! It seemed too short. There was a ton of great stuff, though . . . right now, the Krayt dragon sketch and Lando talking about Boba's ship stood out the most. I really want to see it again, though.

Kidhuman
11-17-2008, 06:00 AM
I forgot it was on. It is being replayed next Saturday night though, got my DVR set up for it this time

Jargo
11-17-2008, 06:04 AM
hilarious? robot chicken is weak humour. at best.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-17-2008, 08:35 AM
I forgot it was on. It is being replayed next Saturday night though, got my DVR set up for it this time

I missed it as well. I'll have to try and catch it then.

General_Grievous
11-17-2008, 10:42 AM
I loved the Boba Fett in the sarlaac skit, as well as the final skit with Darth Vader and Palpatine. "How could this day get any worse?"

El Chuxter
11-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I figured anything that was worth watching would be discussed ad nauseum on every message board on the internet. Robot Chicken is only good in small doses. When it's "on," it's really on. But 75% or more of each episode is just Seth Green thinking he's funny and being sadly mistaken.

Rocketboy
11-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Man, there was little to no promotion on the episode. I only happened to see it on my onscreen programming.

There were some funny moments, but I couldn't remember many of them 5 minutes later.

The separate basketball bit with IG-88 and the Nexu were good.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-17-2008, 05:37 PM
I figured anything that was worth watching would be discussed ad nauseum on every message board on the internet. Robot Chicken is only good in small doses. When it's "on," it's really on. But 75% or more of each episode is just Seth Green thinking he's funny and being sadly mistaken.
That's usually how I feel about it, too, with the references to things I've never heard of or just aren't funny. But I like the Star Wars stuff.

Also, this time, they used a lot more Hasbro product, so that was fun to see.

Jargo
11-17-2008, 05:41 PM
does Seth Green bat for my team or yours? or is he a double agent? just curious.

maybe half the reason I don't find RC funny is that I've seen better stuff done by complete amateurs. without the aid of hollywood chums.

Anakin Palpatine
11-17-2008, 05:46 PM
I dunno, I thought it was really good. Seriously, how much more could you expect? I like the Family Guy specials more than Robot Chicken episodes, but at least this one was all new stuff and not half new and half old like the first one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-17-2008, 05:49 PM
does Seth Green bat for my team or yours? or is he a double agent? just curious.

maybe half the reason I don't find RC funny is that I've seen better stuff done by complete amateurs. without the aid of hollywood chums.
I think he's straight, but I don't really know or care.

As for the second part . . . oh, you mean like Figuratively Speaking? Oh my, what a film. ;) :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-17-2008, 08:05 PM
I forgot it was on and just watched it at www.adultswim.com

I thought it was great! I liked the:

- Geico Jar Jar commercial
- ANYTHING with the Emperor is GREAT. I LOVED the pic he had on his cell phone of Vader. That killed me. McFarlane does a great job with his voice, making him so whiny and sarcastic. I love it. when he said, "hey, Crayola!" it was great. That whole scene was awesome.
- IG-88 daydreaming
- Dengar's odd behavior
- Lando's input on Slave I
- Awkward dinner at Bespin- I loved Boba and Han giving each other the finger in this scene and Vader's behaviort was hilarious.

Great special though; I loved it even more than the first one. :thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
11-18-2008, 12:08 AM
- Awkward dinner at Bespin- I loved Boba and Han giving each other the finger in this scene and Vader's behaviort was hilarious.

Best part by far.

Boba's stuff in the sarlacc was good too.

I'll also agree the Emperor kills me, and it's definitely the sarcasm that does it.

Edit: Oh, and Dr. Ball wasn't all that funny until it got to Padme's death. Lost the will to live? What is your degree in? Poetry? Why don't you use the billions of dollars worth of equipment, you hippy?

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 04:25 AM
I thought this one was only fair. The first one had the benefit of doing material from different times, using inspiration rather than a deadline to make most of those skits. This one felt forced and too much same tone over and over.

It was cool to hear Billy Dee and Carrie Fisher voicing their characters again, though I think they were pitching Carrie's voice up to sound less... um, old. It was creepy listening to slurp all over Boba Fett. :p

tagmac
11-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Hmm...I though Carrie Fisher did the voice of the realtor on Bespin, while Scarlett Johansson did Leia's voice.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Last night was RCSWIII. Overall, it was quite funny, but had a lot of dead spots as in any Robot Chicken production. I liked the Yarael Poof stuff but was (obviously) bothered by the fact that Yaddle and Shaak Ti were sitting on the council at the same time. :D

El Chuxter
12-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Caught the tail end of it. Overall, pretty funny, though not stellar (like you said, par for the Robot Chicken course). The bit with Boba choking Jabba was awesome.

JEDIpartner
12-20-2010, 03:25 PM
It was hit and miss like all the other ones. I thought it was fine. I think the RC stuff is a bit self-indulgent, which is why some of it is great and a lot of it just isn't.

I did enjoy the Force Unleashed II commercial with the RC stuff inserted into it. :)

Beast
12-20-2010, 06:04 PM
I think it was probably the best of the three. Mostly for not only going for a full hour, but also not being cheap and reusing stuff from previous episdoes like they did in the first two. Plus it was kinda cool that it actually had something of a plot running through the episode, not just a bunch of skits tossed together. And the end was great. When Palpatine calls and apologizes to Jar Jar for manipulating him all those years ago... and once he hangs up, we learn that Darth Jar Jar was behind everything! Thank you Seth Green and fellow writers for that. And once I can find a Darth Jar Jar picture, it's gonna be my new avatar for a while. Woo! At last meesa have revenge!! :D

OC47150
12-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I did enjoy the Force Unleashed II commercial with the RC stuff inserted into it. :)

I thought that was pretty clever.

The Yarel Poof stuff was funny. There were a couple of LOL moments for me: the Boba Fett dream sequence was the big one.

Bob A. Fett was pretty good, too.

JediTricks
12-20-2010, 08:55 PM
The second special was really weak IMO, but this one was really solid. The 2nd one felt pretty soft, slapdash writing, but this one felt like real effort was put into the writing, telling an actual story with less varied ideas but more ideas overall. There were really solid laughs throughout. Faison as Gary the Stormtrooper was good, Faison as the TIE Pilot in the theater with the stormtroopers was pretty funny too but almost distracting being the same VO guy (I suppose they had to use an actual black actor to voice 'em though).

JimJamBonds
12-20-2010, 10:34 PM
...And once I can find a Darth Jar Jar picture, it's gonna be my new avatar for a while. Woo! At last meesa have revenge!! :DHow about this bad boy?
http://www.templetons.com/brad/darthbinks2.jpg

Beast
12-20-2010, 11:19 PM
How about this bad boy?
http://www.templetons.com/brad/darthbinks2.jpg
Heh. I remember that. I really liked his evil insane look in this episode though. :D

Beast
03-17-2011, 07:17 PM
About time we got a release date for this. July 12th!!
And it's coming on DVD and Blu-Ray! Sweet! :D

From TV Shows On DVD:

Warner Announces 'Robot Chicken - Star Wars 3' for DVD and Blu
**UPDATE: Pricing and Extras**
More funny business in a galaxy far, far away is coming home in mid-July

Robot Chicken: Star Wars 3 brazenly combines the satirical sensibilities of Seth Green and Matthew Senreich's (Stoopid Monkey Productions) Robot Chicken with the unforgettable moments and favorite characters of the Star Wars universeamong them, its creator himself, George Lucas. Transformed into the stop-motion animated characters that are the hallmark of Adult Swim's Robot Chicken, and in conjunction with ShadowMachine Films (Alex Bulkley/Corey Campodonico), the Star Wars galaxy takes on an entirely different attitude.

After the VERY successful first two releases (which were on DVD format only), [adult swim] and distributor Warner Home Video have this morning announced the July 12th release of Robot Chicken - Star Wars 3! This time it will be made available on both standard DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc, with extras on each version to consist of Audio Commentary, Deleted Scenes, Behind The Scenes, and a Making-Of Featurette. Check out the package art below, where Darth is getting down on the disco floor!

UPDATE: Warner has clarified, extras-wise, that both the DVD ($14.98 SRP) and Blu-ray Disc ($19.89 SRP) version of this title "contains 3 hours of special features, including sketch by sketch video commentary and several behind-the-scenes featurettes, (with) two features exclusive to the Blu-ray release.