PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Lego at Toy Fair?

JediTricks
02-06-2002, 12:58 AM
If you have any questions for Lego, please post 'em here. I'll need all questions by Thursday afternoon.

Sweden
02-06-2002, 02:54 AM
Here are my questions JediTricks:

1) What is the future of the “Ultimate Collector Series?” What are the chances that we’ll see model kits of the A-Wing Fighter, B-Wing Fighter, Y-Wing Fighter, Snowspeeder, Escape Pod, Landspeeder, Twin-Pod Cloud Car, Naboo Fighter, Flash Speeder, Darth Vader’s T.I.E. Fighter, T.I.E. (standard) Fighter, T.I.E. Bomber, Speeder Bike, AT-ST, Trade Federation AAT and Droid Fighter etc?

2) What is the future of the “Sculptures Series?” What are the chances that we’ll see model kits of the larger and huge spaceships and vehicles like the Jawa Sandcrawler, Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Jabba’s Sail Barge, Star Destroyer, Super Star Destroyer, Imperial Shuttle, AT-AT, Slave 1, Trade Federation MTT, Trade Federation Landing Ship etc?

3) What is the future of the “prototype models” you’ve made and shown off in the “LEGO Adventures!” magazine? Will you ever release the “Ultimate Collector Series” Darth Vader’s T.I.E. Fighter, Speeder Bike, Aldar Beedo’s Podracer and that totally awesome “System” set Jawa Sandcrawler?

Kindest Regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

JediTricks
02-07-2002, 04:07 AM
Great questions Sweden! I'll try to get 'em all answered, though I have a feeling I won't have all those ship names rattled off (one or two as examples will have to do since the Lego official answers will almost certainly have to be non-specific).

Keep those questions coming folks!

ACPin
02-07-2002, 08:47 AM
More army builders like the ones they've done to the other lines. A five-pack stormtrooper for example would be great. It would make it a lot easier for me to build my armies for the dioramas I'm planning to do.

InsaneJediGirl
02-07-2002, 02:03 PM
Here is my question for Lego JediTricks :D

)Are you planning to release a Genosis Arena into the line?If so,when could we see it in the stores?

LTBasker
02-08-2002, 12:20 AM
- Are any more story teller sets planned and do they include Hoth and/or the first Death Star?

- What do you think of the E2 models?

- Any chance we'll see other Jedi Council members go LEGO?

- Are Jawas possibly planned for any future sets that you could tell us about, like for 2003?

- How much do sets with specialty pieces like Jango's slave 1 usually cost to make?

- Are prices on future UCS sets just going to go up or will they stay within the 100-200 price range?

- What is your take on the prices of the UCS sets? Obviously pricing them so high is gonna lower the amount of kid buyers.

- Any chance we'll see a UCS Star Destroyer or maybe even Super Star Destroyer set to display next to the Tantive IV?

Battle Droid
02-08-2002, 12:31 AM
JediTricks please ask if there's,

Any plans for a minifig scale AT-AT?

Thanks. :D

JediGoofy
02-08-2002, 07:07 AM
Unfortunately I am too late (sorry jt), but I am very curious to know why the Rebel Blockade Runner belongs to the Sculptures Series (together with Darth Maul Bust), while the Yoda statue belongs to the Ultimate Collector Series (together with X-wing and TIE Interceptor). :crazed:

It looks funny! ;)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Sweden
02-08-2002, 11:43 PM
Thanks JediTricks! :) I know you’ll try and get them all answered but it’s not a big deal if you don't remember all the ships name but a few will do as you say and yes we “ALL” ;) know that the answers LEGO will give us are non-specific! ;)

Keep up the good work!

Kindest Regards,

JediTricks
02-09-2002, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by JediGoofy
Unfortunately I am too late (sorry jt), but I am very curious to know why the Rebel Blockade Runner belongs to the Sculptures Series (together with Darth Maul Bust), while the Yoda statue belongs to the Ultimate Collector Series (together with X-wing and TIE Interceptor). :crazed:

It looks funny! ;)

Ciao,
JediGoofy Bring this up after Toy Fair and I'll ask them myself, 'cause I wanna know too. :D

Thanks again for the questions everybody. Sweden, it's not that I won't remember them, it's that they won't listen after a certain point (like 2000's toy fair's Q&A), but I'm sure we'll get good info.

JediTricks
02-13-2002, 05:59 AM
It's gonna take a little while longer to get any answers, I'll keep y'all up to date on the situation.

Sweden
02-14-2002, 09:39 PM
JediTricks, we all know that you’re going to try your very best to try and get some answers to our questions from LEGO but as you’ve said you’re probably going to get non-specific answers from them but what can we expect from such a large company? It’s like some member of the “From Bricks to Bothans” forum said and I quote: “I think you have to keep in mind that LEGO is a commercial company, and not a bunch of Star Wars fans loving to mold plastics...” and I totally agree with him you know.

We can however hope that you’ll get some answer on what direction their Star Wars license and their Star Wars line is going to because it’d be very interesting to know if they’ll have any great surprises for us like the “Ultimate Collector Series” and “Sculptures” in the future.

Something we can speculate about is this however...

Mr. Tim Saupe said and I quote: “Umm . . . let's not get ahead of ourselves here people. I said something was coming for the holidays and that's a pretty big no-brainer - there's always something new at the holidays. That much is not rocket science.” Interesting...

If this is just a way to keep people interested in the “From Bricks to Bothans” website and its forum I don’t know but I guess this information is true so lets hope that it’s something that got to do with the “Ultimate Collector Series” and “Sculptures” as there is a whole lot left to do when it comes to those lines of model kits. ;)

Kindest Regards,