PDA

View Full Version : AT-RT driver custom paint (Photoshop)

jedi master sal
04-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Ok, I had Photoshopped my version of what I thought the AT-RT driver might look like in Utapau colors. I had forgotten about this until just yesterday when it dawned on me about the Order 66 packs. So I searched for the file and found two versions I had made. Both are identical but for the minor change in paint on the head. Here is a comparison of my two (done back in August of last year mind you) and the actual one released by Hasbro. Pretty darned close.
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Utapau-Cody_AT-RT_driver_COMP.jpg

Also, I included versions of how I envision Shocktrooper styled and Bly styled AT-RT drivers in the second link.
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/ShocktrooperBLY_AT-RT_driver_SM.jpg

So what do you think?

Also, would you all be up for actual AT-RTs done up in colors similar to the legion colors? If so, let me know and I'll photoshop some possibilities. We already know Hasbro is very willing to rehash ships but in different colors, so is this csmething you want?

-Sal

figrin bran
04-26-2007, 10:48 PM
How about a 501st AT-RT Driver?

I repainted one of the Order 66 GM's all white like the ones seen in one of the later issues of the Republic comic. I'll put up a pic when i have time (the camera needs new batteries too)

jedi master sal
04-27-2007, 08:49 AM
How about a 501st AT-RT Driver?

I repainted one of the Order 66 GM's all white like the ones seen in one of the later issues of the Republic comic. I'll put up a pic when i have time (the camera needs new batteries too)

Ah, very good Idea sir. I'll try and work one up later today.

Then maybe work on the actual AT-RT in legion colors.

jedi master sal
04-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Here is the 501st AT-RT driver:
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/501st_AT_RT_driver_sm_comp.jpg

Shadow AT-RT driver to follow, but then again, wouldn't an AT-RT make to much noise for these fellows? I'll still do one anyways for the heck of it.

-Sal

jedi master sal
05-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Without further ado, the Shadow AT-RT driver:
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Shadow_AT-RT_driver_comp-VSM.jpg

(The grey is a little darker in mine. Just consider it the lighting of the figure... )
Oh yeah and the "black" part of the armor is lighter than the actual Shadowtrooper, while the body suit is darker. I could have fixed this in photoshop, but it would have taken me more time than I had when I was doing this. So for now, this is what I came up with. It's not a high gloss shine like the actual figure, but its works for what I was trying to convey, I think.

-Sal

figrin bran
05-03-2007, 02:37 AM
They both look great Sal and i would definitely buy them if hasbro were to make them. heck, i might even paint my own if/when the order 66 packs go to clearance.

jedi master sal
05-03-2007, 04:45 PM
They both look great Sal and i would definitely buy them if hasbro were to make them. heck, i might even paint my own if/when the order 66 packs go to clearance.

That's what I'm waiting on too bro...

I'm going to make my own all white AT-RT driver too. So that paint striping solution will come in handy again.

Gawd, for the life of me I can't remember what it's called.

figrin bran
05-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Easy Lift Off -remember all the ELO jokes? :p

i never found it in any stores, btw so what i do is just spray the figure with primer and paint it white.

jedi master sal
05-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Easy Lift Off -remember all the ELO jokes? :p

i never found it in any stores, btw so what i do is just spray the figure with primer and paint it white.

Ah yes! Thanks. getting old....heh heh

Jargo
05-04-2007, 07:44 PM
I'd just like hasbro to make the plain white one more available. a better solution for customisers than having to strip paint off first. it's the only clonetrooper I think works with OT troopers and plain white with an AT-RT done in all grey will work for me. and obviously cutting off the side spur on the feet of the AT-RT too.
Either that or I buy the utapau Driver and do the AT-RT with orange paint apps instead of the green. i think the orange is the least conspiccuous of all the clone legion colours somehow.

jedi master sal
05-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I think the blue of the 501st would look good on an AT-RT.

And I agre, I think Hasbro shoudl single card the White AT-RT. I'd much rather buy that, than spend the time stripping off paint. Especially at the possibility of damaging the figure from the paint stripper.