PDA

View Full Version : Baron Fel to be in Comic 2-Pack!

Battle Droid
04-27-2007, 05:20 PM
From, http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1177709286,63523,

3. OK, Baron Fel. The image that accompanied the Star Wars Figure Stand 40-Pack News on hasbro.com/starwars showed his name on one of the stand stickers. Our question is, how will we get our hands on him? Is he coming in the rumored Rogue Squadron set in the Comic Packs line or as a pack-in with the TRU 181st Squadron TIE Interceptor coming this summer?

HASBRO - Darn that battle stand list, it sure caused some problems we didn't anticipate! We can confirm that Fel *will* come in the 2-pack and that the TIE Interceptor will come with a figure, but it will not be Fel. Does that clear it up?

El Chuxter
04-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Okay, so Fel's in a comic 2-pack.

Likely the Rogue Squadron 2-pack.

Help me out here: Did Fel appear in any of the issues with Corran?

Jargo
04-27-2007, 07:27 PM
I would assume that too I was reading the wiki about rogue squadron in order to guage the contents of the 2-pack and knowing Fel was coming I auto assumed he'd be in the pack. with Tycho coming as an A-wing pilot it seemed likely that Corran would be next choice or Wedge. but we just got a wedge figure recently so Corran would be more exciting.

DarkArtist
04-27-2007, 07:45 PM
I have a feeling that Fel will come with a Wedge figure since they are related through marriage. I just hope that the TIE Interceptor doesn't come with a repacked POTF pilot, would mind a Saga version with the red stripes though. Really would love to see a TIE pilot with removable helmet.

Jargo
04-27-2007, 08:04 PM
thinking a bit more there's no reason why Tycho wouldn't be i there.just because we get him as an A-wing pilot doesn't mean we couldn't also get him in X-wing flight suit. The A-wing Tycho is a basic figure anyway. and could just as easily be any old A-wing pilot.
X-wing Tycho is to me the definitive Tycho.
I'm up for any X-wing pilots though. I just love the orange flightsuits.

jedibear
04-28-2007, 12:43 PM
this is great news....I'm really enjoying these comic packs....

I just managed to grab the Vos/Girmark one...how cool that it's actually two new figures in it!

There's a pic floating around somewhere from Lee's magazine of others that are coming that look great...

"Purge" w/ Vader & Balter Swan, "Heir to the Empire" w/ Luke & Mara (a new figure!) and an early DH SW entry with Ashar'd Hett & Dark Woman...and now you guys tell me Baron Fel is on the way? This is cool...this comic series is a great concept...I hope Hasbro keeps it up...

Jargo
04-28-2007, 04:35 PM
odd that we've not seen the Bultar Swan pack pictured yet. I guess we'll have to wait for a con for that.

Tycho
04-28-2007, 06:14 PM
A long time ago (nearly 12 years ago) when I joined SSG I chose "Tycho" as my screen name. I was a huge fan of the comics and novels, as for four years before the first figures came out from Hasbro in 1995, Bantam-Spectra and Dark Horse were our only sources for new Star Wars and I loved every minute of it. In the late summer, early fall of 1996 when I joined SSG, Steve already had a popular website going and "Han Solo," and most of the other iconic screen names were already taken. "Tycho" just seemed so cool because there were so many possibilities you could go with him. They translate to the figure possibilities:

Imperial Officer Uniform (Navy grays)
Imperial duty jumpsuit (black, captain rank though)
TIE Pilot Uniform
A-wing pilot (ROTJ - younger blonde Green Squadron pilot, not Arvel Crynyd)
X-wing pilot (most traditional representation of Tycho Celchu's character)
Rebel Alliance Dress Uniform
Civilian clothes (dresses like traditional Han Solo - whom Tycho idolizes)

With these choices, I often tossed around the idea of doing convention costumes and participating with Rebel Legion or the 501st.

In either case (costume or figure) the Imperial representation of Tycho could include a MOUSE DROID. How appropriate for me would that be? :D

Anyway, I am ecstatic about the info that Baron Fel will be one of the figures in the Rogue Squadron comic two-pack. With the Mariss Brood sculpt being done for the Force Unleashed game figures, I think a lady Imperial figure could still be quite likely. Ysanne Isard, anyone? She'd be my top pick.

Hobbie and Janson ought to be carded figures and if they were put into 2-packs, both of them together would kind of become "Dutch Vandor body overload." One at a time would work for me, though they are very much desired.

Corran Horn wasn't in Rogue Squadron when he appeared in the comics. He was a cop working for CorSec during a mission that took the famed X-wing squadron to Corellia for a mission. He did have a local authority green Corellian flight suit however. Somehow they could use the A-wing pilot Tycho's body to create this. But I'm impressed with how they did brand new sculpts for Luke and Mara! That wasn't expected at all. For $11 or so, you get 2 figures that would cost you $14 if carded, not to mention a comic that would cost $3 and some change if it were still in print. Some retailers charge $15 for them, but that's a very fair price. It's been such a surprise value. I'm loving the comic 2-packs.

Jargo
04-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I was under the impression that mariss Brood is the sexy chick with the horns and red hands and Juno Eclipse is the female Imperial in the Force Unleashed sub theme.

don't forget Tycho there's a rumoured set of Luke as Lt. Jundland and Deena Shan. both would be in Imperial uniform most Likely. a second 2-pack featuring stormtrooper disguise Mouse and Able from the same story is also rumoured. I say rumoured but it's listed as pre-order on r2dtoys.com so i'll say unconfirmed rather than rumoured.

But that would give you two female Imperials by the end of next year.

Tycho
04-28-2007, 07:08 PM
I was under the impression that mariss Brood is the sexy chick with the horns and red hands and Juno Eclipse is the female Imperial in the Force Unleashed sub theme.

You could be correct. I don't know the Force Unleashed stuff that well. I don't currently have plans to get into it either. Nor am I going to customize Ysanne Isard (though a GI Joe Baroness figure's head would go a long way toward her, minus that eyeglasses).

jedi master sal
04-29-2007, 08:15 AM
He's right Tycho. Juno Eclipse is the female Imperial Officer.

DarkArtist
04-29-2007, 08:24 AM
The beauty of Rogue Squadron and the X-Wing two packs is that there are endless possibilities for figures to be released both on the New Republic side as well as the Empire. For instance:

Baron Fel
Tycho
Wes Janson
Hobbie
Wedge
Corran Horn
Ysanne Isard
Vort Piggy Sabring
Ooryl Qrygg
Nawara Ven
Gavin Darklighter
Riv Shiel
Inyri Forge
Iella Wessiri
Winter
Elscol Loro
M-3PO
Mynock
Whistler
Pash Cracken
Airen Cracken
Mirax Terrik
Erisi Dlarit
Booster Terrik

there's also Wraith Squadron as well.

Jargo
04-29-2007, 09:05 AM
I have to admit that alien x-wing pilots appeal to me. If the rebellio is galaxy wide it kinda makes sense to have more aliens in rebel uniform.
I wouldn't want alien Imperials personally because - well it just flies too hard against the fact that the Emperor hated aliens and the Imperial forces were so staunchly human. Yeah i know after the fall of the Emperor the EU goes nuts with all manner of stuff but i kind of end my star wars experience with the ewok celebration at the end of ROTJ.
I'm willing to accept credible additions to the saga like Rogue squadron given that that call sign exists in ESB and there must have been stuff going on betwen ANH and ESB and between ESB and ROTJ. We also see in ROTJ that several alien races have joined the rebellion and fight during the battle of Endor.

I'd accept Sullustan, Ishi Tib, Mon Calamari, Dressellian, Bothan, Gran, Twi-Lek, Wookiee, Ithorian, Utai, Gungan, Polis Massan, or any of the jedi species as rebels. As they've all been shown in the movies to be rebel or republic sympathisers.