PDA

View Full Version : Spotter Thread

Kidhuman
04-27-2007, 10:14 PM
List your new finds here.

Found the CW Anakin and The new wave today. Got em all and some for a friend. Didnt see the Vader and Luke Pack though.

bigbarada
05-02-2007, 07:25 PM
After weeks of nothing, we finally got a whole new shipment of GH sets. Mostly the newest series, plenty of Vader/Luke, Leia Boushh/Han Carbonite, Royal Guard/Gunner, and Ponda/Zutton sets. Along with a few Mauls, CW Anakins and scattered others.

I picked up every one from the new series, they're all awesome! The only real loser figure would be Jedi Duel Luke, for some reason they just can't seem to get a good face on ROTJ Lukes. The rest are just :love: and I have to laugh every time I look at Boushh Leia with her helmet on because she looks like a Peanuts character.:D

Kidhuman
05-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Got the Removeabne Helmet Vader/Jedi Luke pack yesterday, it catches me up on all of them.

waboritas
06-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Finally found the CW Obi Wan and Durge set at Target in East Boston, MA after passsing on it earlier this year. Durge even looks bad ***** as a GH.

bigbarada
08-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Found one each of the Han/Logray, Duro/Garindan, and Imperial Officer/Trooper sets at Wal-Mart today. No sign of the AT-AT Driver/CO set yet however, most likely bought out.

waboritas
08-11-2007, 08:25 PM
My Target had all of the new wave. Need to look at the upcoming Battle Packs, as I will probably return some that will be in these sets.

shortcat
08-15-2007, 10:39 PM
The local Wally World had one of each. I passed on the Han/Logray and the Duros/Long Snoot packs, but the Imperials look great!

Kidhuman
08-24-2007, 09:06 AM
I found all 4 new packs yesterday. They are awesome. Logray rocks, he is an adoreable little bastage. I like the Veers/AT-AT Driver pack also. Now to get an AT-AT.

shortcat
08-24-2007, 10:17 AM
:love:
The local Wally World had one of each. I passed on the Han/Logray and the Duros/Long Snoot packs, but the Imperials look great!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

figrin bran
09-08-2007, 07:15 PM
At my local TRU, I found the AT-AT Driver pack, Duros, Logray, Jango. The paint apps weren't so great on some of the AT-AT Drivers so be sure to keep an eye out on that if you're an opener.

shortcat
09-09-2007, 02:29 PM
My local TRU had the Exclusive packs yesterday. I haven't decided yet whether I'm buying them or not, but I thought some of you might want to know.

mm74md
09-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Picked up the Naboo exclusive at TRU over the weekend for my son's Christmas stash. Passed on the Hoth set since he has all but the new exlusive Leia. Can't wait until Christmas morning to see his face & have a duel!

Old Fossil
09-24-2007, 09:11 PM
One of my local Dollar General stores had a couple of these sets for $6 each... they were Chewie/3PO and Hoth rebels.

shortcat
11-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Just picked up the next four sets at TRU. Endor Leia and rebel soldier, Tarkin and imperial officer, Luke w/Yoda and Spirit of Obi-Wan, and the skiff guards. They were all there, but I haven't seen them again since. I don't know why, but I just can't pass these things up.

figrin bran
11-05-2007, 02:02 AM
I found the Endor Leia, skiff guards and Dagobah Luke/Yoda sets. Only bought the latter though

bigbarada
11-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I found Endor Leia/Trooper and the Dagobah Luke/Yoda/Ben set, but I'm really only interested in the Skiff Guards from that wave.

evenflow
11-23-2007, 03:00 PM
I picked up the Jabba the Hutt set using the DPCI number last week.

JetsAndHeels
11-25-2007, 08:18 PM
I picked up the dagobah luke/yoda/ben ghost set at target tonight.

pkalan70
11-27-2007, 03:33 PM
whats the dpci #
do you still have it?

Kidhuman
11-27-2007, 11:18 PM
The DPCI is as follows:

Lazer Brain
11-30-2007, 03:49 PM
has any one seen the Wal mart packs? i thought they were getting a cantina set out?
later

bigbarada
12-03-2007, 03:38 PM
has any one seen the Wal mart packs? i thought they were getting a cantina set out?
later

Not yet, but I just figured my Wal-Mart had missed out again, since they didn't get a single vintage-style figure this year.:mad:

pkalan70
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
im near chicago
and no cantina packs here either
glad i didnt miss them

pkalan70
12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
The DPCI is as follows:

thanks much

darth_robb
12-03-2007, 10:26 PM
The 2 Target exclusive sets have hit, but no sign of the Wal-Mart sets yet. Also does anyone know if they are re-stocking any of the non exclusive cinema scenes anywhere?

pkalan70
12-04-2007, 12:06 PM
I just found the 2 Target exclusive sets last night.
Still no sign of Wal-Mart here yet either.
The non-exclusive 3 3/4 inch scenes?
If so, I found a bunch at Target yesterday.

K M Toydarian
12-04-2007, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=
The non-exclusive 3 3/4 inch scenes?
If so, I found a bunch at Target yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I think he means the Galactic Heroes sets. I still see a few lingering at TRU but don't think they restock, except for the Hoth/Naboo (those might have run their course by now too though.
I saw a lone Assault on the Death Star (X-wing) set a Target last week, but didn't see any others to know if they got more regular sets as well.

Kidhuman
12-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Friend of mine had the Jabba GH set. I looked at it and was highly disappointed in it. Jabba is so small, alot smaller than he should have been. The figures are the same height as him, easy pass for me on this set.

darth_robb
12-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah I meant the non exclusive Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes. Yeah all I see at TRU are the exclusive sets. I missed the boat on the non exclusive sets as I kept thinking they would be around and sure enough they are not. When I do decide to pick things up in a hurry they linger around forever and even go on clearance. Oh well.

pkalan70
12-07-2007, 05:50 PM
still no wal-mart sets in chicago
anyone? anyone?
wal-mart does know its christmas, right?

skystreak
12-08-2007, 04:56 AM
No Walmart exclusives in Massachusetts either. I have been to Wally three times this week in vain attempts at acquiring these sets.

JetsAndHeels
12-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Yesterday I picked up the Darth Maul/Obi Wan set, and also the Count Dooku/Anakin set.

shortcat
12-15-2007, 09:48 AM
They got 'em at Wallyworld this week, and they look great. They also got Wal-Mart exclusive 3 3/4" Jabba's Entertainer sets that I hadn't heard were coming. I don't think any of them are new figures but they repackage everything - musicians, singers, and dancers - from the Special Edition scene. Great place to get those if you missed 'em before.

skystreak
12-15-2007, 04:46 PM
I managed to sang the 2 GH Cantina sets at Wally the other day!

Ham Salad
02-25-2008, 01:36 AM
I picked up the Falcon tonight.

http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000961ec9.jpg

Kidhuman
02-25-2008, 06:41 AM
35 beans??? The X-wing was 20, thats a bit much IMO

Lazer Brain
02-26-2008, 09:19 AM
saw the falcon at walmart last nite.. it was nice packaging , but i already have it from last time , so i can't see getting another one.
later

pkalan70
02-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Which "other one"?
The first "other one" that included the stormtrooper, han, chewie and the two droids or the second "other one" that just had han, chewie and the two droids?
This is the third release fellow collectors.
I guess if you missed it the first two times $35 dollars isn't bad, better then ebay i guess.
Although, I would much rather have a jabba skiff, and let those who missed it the first two times suffer.
Oh well, at least a NEW tie fighter is coming later this year.

skystreak
02-27-2008, 07:28 PM
If anybody out there is planning on getting this new release of the Falcon, opening it, and not keeping the packaging, let me know.

I would be interested in acquiring it.

K M Toydarian
02-28-2008, 03:11 AM
I have to say I don't mind rereleases of Galactic Heroes as long as there is new stuff as well.
This line, above all others is geared toward young kids, and there is a whole new crop that weren't old enough the second release, and not even born during the playskool days.
As long as the prices don't creep up to fast, I am glad kids can get the awesome falcon again.

pkalan70
02-28-2008, 03:27 PM
I agree that kids should be able to get the falcon. But that is what ebay and other outlets are for. Do they keep re-releasing basketball cards just in case you happened to miss the Michael Jordan rookie card? No, that is what makes it collecting. It's no fun if you can just walk into a store and buy whatever no matter when it came out. It may suck for you for a while, but after you have been collecting for awhile you will grow to appreciate it. If you plan on having kids someday, then buy the stuff now, what a cool gift would that be??

skystreak
02-28-2008, 03:47 PM
I agree that kids should be able to get the falcon. But that is what ebay and other outlets are for. Do they keep re-releasing basketball cards just in case you happened to miss the Michael Jordan rookie card? No, that is what makes it collecting. It's no fun if you can just walk into a store and buy whatever no matter when it came out. It may suck for you for a while, but after you have been collecting for awhile you will grow to appreciate it. If you plan on having kids someday, then buy the stuff now, what a cool gift would that be??

I'm going to assume that you're being sarcastic here.

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 05:04 PM

Every year more and more kids see Star Wars for the first time. They want to get toys. They recognize the Falcon, Luke, Han Chewie Leia, Anakin, Obi-Wan etc. For the line to continue and keep prices low, re-releases are part of the line. Without it, the line will die. Why should someone have to go to Ebay in order to buy something and pay 4 times as much for it. I like the fact that re-releases come around every few years. I dont agree with all of them(3PO battle droid head, Leia Boushh) but they are a necessary evil in order to keep all the fans happy.

Thunderbird
02-28-2008, 10:51 PM

But, these are toys. We only choose to collect them. These were never made as collectors items to begin with. I think it's great that someone that wants one the Falcon doesn't have to go to ebay and pay someone extra money just because they call it "rare" or "limited editon". Just my 2cents

skystreak
02-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Thank you Kidhuman and Thunderbird!

Logic? Reason? Empathy? On a message board?

You both get a restoring my faith in humanity point.

fightattack
02-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Not to mention - Hasbro makes more money that way instead of 'ebayers' making the money.
It's in their interest.

pkalan70
03-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Very noble sentiments indeed.
I never collected Star Wars for the money, and could really care less about how much my collection is worth, as it will never never be sold in my lifetime. But, it is cool to have items in there that are rare, and hard to find. If you could go into a store today, and find every Star Wars item ever made, at realistic prices, and know that would be the case for the next 100 years, would you still collect?? Not me.

skystreak
03-02-2008, 05:36 PM
If you could go into a store today, and find every Star Wars item ever made, at realistic prices, and know that would be the case for the next 100 years, would you still collect?? Not me.

Absolutely! Star Wars stuff is fun!

Let's face facts, I buy toys. They are meant to be played with.

If I could get the virtually identical replicas of the old Kenner figures and playsets, I would get them in a heartbeat. My son and I would open all of them and have kickass Star Wars battles. Which is exactly what we do with Galactic Heroes.

Try explaining to a three-year-old that he can't get the figures or playsets he wants for a line that is still current because 'collectors' over the age of 30 are complaining that its not fair to their collecting habits, and ruining their fun.

"You don't understand, son. It's way more fun waiting and hoping that the Millenium Falcon comes available on Ebay at a grossly inflated price, and then paying extra for shipping and 'handling' than it is to find it re-released at a local store."

If I have to make a choice between the collecting 'fun' of adults, or the playtime fun of kids, then I will choose the kids any day of the week.

Thunderbird
03-02-2008, 06:24 PM
I never collected Star Wars for the money, and could really care less about how much my collection is worth, as it will never never be sold in my lifetime. But, it is cool to have items in there that are rare, and hard to find. If you could go into a store today, and find every Star Wars item ever made, at realistic prices, and know that would be the case for the next 100 years, would you still collect?? Not me.

Yes I would. I buy alot of things that I know will never be worth alot of money, I buy it just because I like it. To me it's never been about how much I't worth, and it never will be. I've been doing this for a long time and have never sold anything for profit. Every once in a while I pick up something extra, just for the heck of it, and the few times I've sold something it been for cost, or depending on who wants it, sometimes even less.

It would be awesome if they made everthing available for ever, I would be able to take my time as the new stuff come out. Nobody would want to buy it to try and make a profit off it.

In reality though I do agree with you on having items that are rare. Not because it worth more money than I paid for it, but because I can go in my SW room and actually look at rather than look at pic online.

Kidhuman
03-02-2008, 07:06 PM

I would do it in a heartbeat. I love collecting. I loved it as a kid. I never wanted to stop collecting SW, but the parental units would not buy them for me. When I was working, I found a comic shop tat had MOC figs from the vintage line and bought a few. I lost them in a move, but I still bought them because I loved it. I had having to resort to Ebay. I would rather wait years for prices to drop then to feed a scalpers desire and inflated prices.

K M Toydarian
03-03-2008, 07:44 PM

Maybe for some toys that reasoning is fine. The Anniversary figure sets, some 12" exclusives, etc. But this is Galactic Heroes, a line expressly geared toward little kids who don't buy them for themselves, but have them purchased for them. Most non toy collecting parents of a 3 year old won't know that this toy even existed a few years back to even look on ebay for it.
Back in the day, action figures from the first movie were being rereleased on Jedi cards and beyond - as toys.
This whole over use of the collectible- rare- limited edition thing is a recent phenomenon in the last couple decades. The internet caused that I believe, as more info is readily available.

On topic, I saw a whole endcap of Falcons at a couple Wal-Marts over the weekend, and they look real cool in the new window packaging, and very appealing.

Ham Salad
03-22-2008, 01:06 AM
I picked up the two Target exclusives yesterday. Here are some pics.

Speeder Bike Chase (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/2350751049/)
Battle on Mustafar (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/2351581512/)

MeetThyReaper
03-22-2008, 01:49 AM
If anybody out there is planning on getting this new release of the Falcon, opening it, and not keeping the packaging, let me know.

I would be interested in acquiring it.

Hey skystreak. You can order the falcon from wal*mart.com and get it shipped to your local store for free! They also have the cantina sets.

Just figured I'd let everybody know. Good luck!

skystreak
03-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey skystreak. You can order the falcon from wal*mart.com and get it shipped to your local store for free! They also have the cantina sets.

Just figured I'd let everybody know. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, but all I really want is the packaging since my son has the Playskool version.

sebillba
03-22-2008, 11:50 AM
I picked up the two Target exclusives yesterday. Here are some pics.

Speeder Bike Chase (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/2350751049/)
Battle on Mustafar (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/2351581512/)

Thanks for posting these, I didn't know they were out yet..... I've since bought the two exclusive ewoks from ebay.:D

pkalan70
03-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Yes, it is sweet for kids to be able to walk in and find the figure that they are looking for, awww. Can i get a kleenex now? But, if Hasbro keeps putting out re-done Vaders, and they sell, then Hasbro will keep doing that, forever, and forever. And, not put money into other figures that we have never ever gotten, or playsets we all dream about. How long before I get Luke's house?? How many more years do I have to watch the shelves?? It has been 30 years. 30 years. If they want to put out Vader, put out the exact same Vader on the exact same card. Don't change the cape, don't make it come with a chip/slide/silver coin/comic/gold coin/whatever. Enough already.

K M Toydarian
03-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Yes, it is sweet for kids to be able to walk in and find the figure that they are looking for, awww. Can i get a kleenex now? But, if Hasbro keeps putting out re-done Vaders, and they sell, then Hasbro will keep doing that, forever, and forever. And, not put money into other figures that we have never ever gotten, or playsets we all dream about. How long before I get Luke's house?? How many more years do I have to watch the shelves?? It has been 30 years. 30 years. If they want to put out Vader, put out the exact same Vader on the exact same card. Don't change the cape, don't make it come with a chip/slide/silver coin/comic/gold coin/whatever. Enough already.

There are however, alot of companies that Lucasfilm gives the Star Wars license to to make "adult" Collectibles, in very limited quantities. More show pieces, that are to be collected and displayed. I don't mind that the action figures are for kids. And since this debate started regarding Galactic Heroes, those toys are most definitely for kids.
An average kid's "toy life" is a few years, so Vader does need to be available to kids new to the property.
Star wars is pretty unique in that it has been a toy line that has endured decades and is still strong. There isn't much to compare it to. As adults who are still collecting, we need to realize we won't get everything made, or want everything made. Back in '95, I thought I would buy every single Star Wars themed toy ever, but now, I let a few pass.

Anywhoo, I've seen the new Target Scenes as well, and they look good. I may end up getting the Ewok set, but I'm not sure.

Ham Salad
05-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I found the latest wave at WalMart last night, and bought them with my Hasbro Rewards. Sweet.

Aayla and Bly (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/2474165073/)
Ki-Adi and Bacara (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/2474164771/)
Saesee and Agen (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/2474980090/)
Tarfful and Gree (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/2474164463/)

figrin bran
05-10-2008, 09:54 PM
I found and bought Aayla/Bly, Ki-Adi/Bacara, Saesee/Agen at TRU. I added some other stuff so that I could use the $5 off of $25 TRU coupon that expires today.

Kidhuman
07-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Plo Koon/Capt Jag(off)
Bar2/Slave Leia
Shakk Ti/Bodyguard

ncbarrett
08-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Target had Escape from Mos Eisley today.
The dewback is pretty cool.

Lazer Brain
10-27-2008, 03:58 PM
picked up the tru exclusives today, rancor and kasyyyk walker. also got the tru arc fighter, but the rancor looks fun...ny.
later

waboritas
11-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Picked up the Desert Skiff and Dagobah X-Wing Battle Packs on Saturday. My son needs an X-Wing (never picked up one in the past) to go along with his Vader (or as he refers to him, Helmet) Tie for Christmas.

shortcat
12-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Finally found Ventress/Dooku and Asoka/Capt Rex today. The other 2 packs have been fairly easy to find up to now, but this was the first I'd seen these two.

waboritas
12-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Looks like the elusive Ki Adi/Ayala wave is coming back to Hasbrotoyshop.com - http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=217&ST=SO&PG=3. Keep your eyes open for these if you missed them the first time around, especially with the holiday25 code for a 25% discount and free shipping for orders over $50 going on.

I picked up the GH Death Star Assault set which popped up today along with other miscellaneous stuff totaling $78 and after the discount my total was $62 with shipping and tax included.

Ham Salad
01-22-2009, 11:39 PM
I picked up the newest wave at Target on Christmas eve. I only now got around to opening them up.

Clear lightsabers!

Clone and Mace (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/3213661291/)
Clone and Spider Droid (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/3214509258/)
Super Battle Droid and Luminara (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/3213661647/)
Padme and Jar Jar (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsalad/3213661827/)

figrin bran
07-05-2009, 10:49 AM
I bought Admiral Ackbar/Nien Nunb from Target yesterday!

sonofsokol
07-24-2009, 11:48 PM
I just found the Ackbar/Nien Nunb at a Toys R Us in Salt Lake City UT... pretty sweet figures.

Fat Valentino
07-25-2009, 03:23 PM
I agree. These are the best sculpts in a year or more. Just wonderful. And they fill a pretty serious hole in the line, too.

Fat Valentino
07-25-2009, 03:28 PM
I remember when the Galactic Heroes line was first heating up back in 2004, I was so excited that I spent a night staying up, trying to plan all the possible combinations of "Action Scenes" or "Boxed Sets" that might complete the line. (This was just before the GH 2-packs were released, but after the prototypes began to surface on ebay. When you could still buy the x-wing, vader, R-2 and luke pack for 13.99 at Kaybee Toys) I certainly never thought that I would consider holding off on buying characters for a year or more, out of concern that they'll be released with an A-Wing next year or some damn ****...

sonofsokol
08-02-2009, 01:37 AM
More wave 7
Found all the new wave tonight at Smiths Market Place... for those not in Utah, they used to be Fred Meyer, but the local Kroger brand (Smiths) changed the name several years ago. Anyway, my son and I found the new Grievous/Kit Fisto, ARF/Yoda, Ahsoka/Goldie, Chewbacca/Death Star Droid/Mouse Droid, and IG-86/Thire. We already had the new Storm Trooper and Akbar packs, but they had 'em. I couldn't bring myself to buy the Jawa pack for just 1 new Jawa. They also had the re-releases in the new red packages like Han Solo/Logray, Luke/Lando (both in Bespin gear), Luminara/SBD, Saesee Tiin/Agen Kolar, Commander Gree/Tarfull all of which we already have too. The Grievous/Kit Fisto pack even looks cooler in person...

I (my son) haven't gotten to open them yet because with finding them all at once, my wife and I decided we could use them as blackmail to get my son to "earn" them over the next few weeks... i feel evil and dirty.

The sculpts on the new figures really look great, far better than some of the older stuff.

Here's a link to the wave on entertainment earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87842H) just in case anyone wanted to see them again real quick...

El Chuxter
10-26-2009, 01:00 PM
I saw the Rancor set at Ross for $8.99 yesterday. I'd stopped buying GH's, since new ones seem to only be in massively overpriced exclusive sets (which are 95% reissue figures on top of that), but $9 seemed like the right price for this. They didn't have the Kashyyyk one at this store, but I figure they're getting it as well. (I don't collect ROTS anymore, but my daughter loves Wookiees.)

K M Toydarian
10-28-2009, 04:33 AM
Found Galactic Heroes Rancor and AT-RT sets at Hollywood CA. Ross today for 8.99

Fat Valentino
11-07-2009, 06:11 AM
I purchased the last Galactic Heroes scale "Rancor Pit" set from the Olympia, WA Ross Dress for Less this morning. It was a fine bargin at 8.99, though the box was a little rough. Many, many "Battle on Kashyyyk" sets to be had...