PDA

View Full Version : Free Comic Book Day

Rocketboy
05-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Who picked up what and what did you think?
I snagged 8 books:

Comics 101 (TwoMorrows) - Very cool book on creating comics, a Cliffs Notes type of the history of comics, and more.

How to Draw (Wizard) - A collection of Wizard's drawing lessons. Fairly good stuff.

Family Guy and Hack/Slash (DDP) - Family Guy was as bad as The Simpsons comics and Hack/Slash was decent, but not enough to make me want to buy it.

The Amazing Spider-man (Marvel) - Dear God, why would Marvel put this piece of carp out as a showcase? Retarded *** story (Jackpot - are you f*cking kidding me? And the villain is a Spidey fan? Ugh.) and great art...from a guy that tries way to damn hard (Is early 90's Image hiring?).

Justice League of America (DC) - Made absolutely no sense.

Pirates vs Ninjas (APE) - Pirates? Ninjas? Sounds awesome, right? *sigh* Printed poop. And why did have a $.50 cover price - on FREE Comic Book Day (and no, I didn't pay for it).

Whiteout (Oni) - Not bad, but I was really ticked when I found this wasn't a self-contained story. Its a stupid reprint of an old first issue!

Unseen Peanuts (Fantagraphics) - Probably the best of the bunch. I'm not a big Peanuts fan, but its pretty cool to see some of these strips that haven't been seen in 50 years. And seeing Charlie Brown being an a-hole and Snoopy in the electric chair is priceless.

Also got the cool Fantastic Four 2 poster.

figrin bran
05-06-2007, 01:08 AM
I picked up 9 titles:

Battlestar Galactica Season Zero
Wizard's How to Draw
Transformers Movie Prequel #1
Who Wants to be a Superhero
The Umbrella Academy
Mickey Mouse Robin Hood Adventure
The Amazing Spider Man
Justice League of America
Legion of Superheroes #1

haven't read any of them yet though and i guess i should steer clear of the JLA and Spidey comics.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-06-2007, 10:39 AM
How do you get multiple comics? The shops around here give you one free, then others if you buy a certain amount of other books/purchases. And I usually only go if there's a comic I in which have interest (none this year :( ).

darthvyn
05-06-2007, 05:21 PM
How do you get multiple comics? The shops around here give you one free, then others if you buy a certain amount of other books/purchases. And I usually only go if there's a comic I in which have interest (none this year :( ).

that sounds like a really cheap way of doing it... most that i know of just let you get one of each one... that's how my guys did it... there are no "official" rules even on the FCBD website... this is all i could find about that:

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/faq.asp#howmany

11. How many comics do I get?

That will depend on a lot of factors: How many comics does the store have to give away? How many people visit that day? How many people got there before you? The answer to this question will depend on which store you go to and when.

Rocketboy
05-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Since its a fairly small shop (in a fairly small city) my comic guy lets his members take whatever they want. He gets a ton of 'em and there is usually still extras afterward.

figrin bran
05-07-2007, 12:02 AM
BCJ, at the shop i go to, they just had all the free comics laid out on a table and you could help yourself to them.

plasticfetish
05-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Haven't had a chance to read any of the books we picked up the other day (frankly, FCBD is really more of a thrill for my son), but I did discover why it's cool living a mile from the Dark Horse Comics HQ. Jeremy Barlow and Dustin Weaver were in TFAW (http://www.tfaw.com/) signing autographs. :thumbsup: Picked up a few Star Wars comics, got them signed... very cool.

jjreason
05-07-2007, 09:21 AM
I think I grabbed 9 in total, for a friend here who wasn't going to be able to get them. The only ones that haven't been mentioned above were the Fables issue, and the Marvel Adventures Hulk & Iron Man. Oh, and the awesome plastic Green Lantern ring I snagged for my daughter.

darthvyn
05-07-2007, 09:26 AM
there was a "fables" issue??? damn, how did i miss that one?

on the issue of how many you get and stuff... it all depends on how many your store ordered, and their intentions for them - if they ordered a lot on the auspices of letting you take one of each, that's their business.

jjreason
05-07-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't think it was a FCBD-only deal, Vynnie. This was a $.50 cent issue from awhile ago, by the looks of it.

darthvyn
05-07-2007, 10:29 AM
ah, okay, the preview of "1001 nights of snowfall" - a great graphic novel, btw, if anyone's interested.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-20-2008, 07:19 PM
In the past, some posters here have lamented the lack of notice for the current year's day, so this year it is apparently on Sat. 5/3/08. Check out their site at Somethin' fer nuthin' (http://www.freecomicbookday.com/) for more details. Only SW items I believe are some mini figurines.

InsaneJediGirl
04-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm going this year, I hope to get All Star Superman #1 at the very least. I'll be sure to hit the comic shop doors as soon as they open.

Rocketboy
04-29-2008, 11:38 PM
All-Star Superman (or A.S.S.) is a piece of crap.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Here's what the FCBD website (see my post above for the link) says, SW-related-wise:

STAR WARS CMG MINIATURES
—FCBD 2008 EDITION

Enter the exciting galaxy of adventure with Wizards of the Coast’s best-selling Star Wars Collectible Miniature Game with one of three different figures available FREE on May 3rd! May the Force of FREE be with you!It shows a Weequay and a Quarren (don't know who mysterious #3 is).

plasticfetish
05-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the link/info Bel-Cam Jos. I always forget to look and see what's being given out before we wander off.

Me and the kid will be making the rounds to as many shops here in Portland as we can, before we get tired. Which is usually after just two stops. ;)

I live about two minutes from the Things From Another World (http://www.tfaw.com) over by Dark Horse HQ. They always have signings, so I'm excited to see what's going on.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-03-2008, 08:39 PM
The store I went to had a nice celebration in the parking area around the shop, which I did not know about. I'd called to check on the hours, and the person said they'd have food and costumed people, but this was more than that. Highlights:

- Feedback and Hygena from the Who Wants to Be a Superhero? TV show (got to talk to her more than he, as his line for autographs/photos was longer... donated some money to her charity [epilepsy, I think] by buying her "Hygena" logo soap bars)
- a local 501st group (Vader, some Storm and Scout troopers, Leia, Tusken Raider, Endor Soldier, X-Wing Pilot, etc.)
- found out there's a local SW fan group (Inland Empire Fan Force) trying to get SW Weekends at DisneyLAND
- a 70s muscle car (couldn't tell the model) in base gray as the Millennium Falcon (right side mirror was the side cockpit, front of hood had the radar dish, top of car with a quad cannon)
- lots of parents with kids, many posing with 501st-ers for pics :cheese: :D

Problem was, the only real reason I went there was for the SW miniature figurine... none available. :upset: Not even the Simpsons Bongo comic. Although I checked out another shop a few cities away, which did have that comic but never received any SW figs (they said :conspiracytheory: ). Anyhow, it was cool, stayed for about 45 minutes at the first one.

plasticfetish
05-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Not much going on at my local shops as it turns out. Terry Dodson was signing autographs at one Things From Another World, but other than that, nothing wild.

We managed to wrangle a pretty decent pile of stuff. Couldn't find all of the Star Wars miniatures, but got the Weequay Leader. (No Quarren, though we did get a Clone.) Also nice, was how the shop nearest to us handed over an Iron Man Heroclix to my son. Surprising since almost all of them had vanished within the first hour it seems.

As far as the comics, it's funny that you mention the Bongo book Bel-Cam Jos, because I only saw one at the first shop we hit, but managed to snatch it for my son. (As it turns out, it's the only thing he's enjoyed reading.) I picked up the Hellboy books... and that was about it.

Kind of disapointing how neither of the shops really talked up the event much. No signs, no explanations, no big Free Comic Book Day celebration, just a pile of stuff on the counter. The one TFAW was having a clearance sale, and that seemed to be more of a focus for them.

figrin bran
05-03-2008, 10:17 PM
My local LCS limited you to just 4 free comics, though they did give me a Weequay mini.

jjreason
05-04-2008, 02:23 PM
My store had a really good day. Mid week before FCBD the owner contacted the paper just to see if they might put a little blurb in for him - well lo & behold they did a 1/2 page with photo. Apparently people were lined up to get in at opening!!!

I got there around 2pm, got my 2 free books (he had to limit, they were getting snatched up like mad so I got X-Men & the Marvel Adventures 3 hero book for my son), bought a few back-issues for 25% off and headed home. I'm happy he got so much exposure!

DarthQuack
05-04-2008, 04:44 PM
My brother is wanting to sell off all our Spider-Man comics....we've got the entire run of Web, Spectacular(sans about 10 issues), and Spider-Man....I might just give him money....I dont wanna get rid of them.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-07-2008, 07:39 PM
DarthQuack, since this is the FREE Comic Book Day thread, you are now required to give away said comics to anyone who's read your post. My addresss is 123 Fake St. Springfield, XQ 74200. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
04-30-2009, 08:23 PM
This year's FCBD is May 2nd. Only two that interest me are the SW:CW and the 25th Anniv. :eek: TMNT.

bigbarada
05-01-2009, 01:31 AM
I keep hearing about this Free Comic Book Day, but what is it? Keep in mind, if been out of comic book collecting for over 15 years and I just got back into it a few months ago.

figrin bran
05-01-2009, 02:28 AM
BigB, this Saturday, participating comic stores will have around 10 books, specially printed for this event, available for free distribution. For the most part, they're only half the length or less of regular comic issues.

This year, there will be a Clone Wars comic, a GI Joe/Transformers animated comic, A Green Lantern Blackest Night #0, I believe an Avengers comic and some sort of Simpsons comic.

DarthQuack
05-01-2009, 07:28 AM
So you get just 1 of the 10 or so? Or you can get all of them for free?

And Bel Jam we still have all our Spidey comics :)

Rocketboy
05-01-2009, 11:00 AM
It all depends of your local store.
Some stores will have all of the free books. It is also up to the store how many you can have. My store gives up to three free books to the general public, IIRC, but members can have whatever they want. It seems to defeat the purpose of getting non-readers to read comics, but he also gives a ton of 'em to our local libraries.

El Chuxter
05-01-2009, 11:01 AM
There's actually more than ten, but the stores have to pay for them (something like a nickel or quarter per), so I doubt there are any stores ordering all of them. Most stores will let you have one of each.

I agree with the idea, but the major problem I have with it is this: it's supposed to attract and bring in new readers. Trouble is, it's only at comic shops, and they don't advertise it anywhere aside from shops and websites that comic collectors frequent. So it's only preaching to the converted.

Edit: RB posted while I was writing that. That really rather sucks about your store only allowing three total to non-members.

bigbarada
05-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Well, when driving home from the airport the other day, I decided to drive through Edwardsville, IL on a whim and I went right past a comic book store right along the highway. So I took the next turn and went back around to the store. It's probably the first comic store I've even seen in over a decade so it was kind of cool to just walk around and they seemed to be making a big deal out of the whole Free Comic Book Day thing.

Pretty nice store and the guy working behind the desk was really helpful (I never thought to ask him about the free comics). Unfortunately it's about 45 minutes to an hour away from me, so I'm just not sure if it's going to be worth the drive.

I actually have to go pick a friend up from the airport tonight, so I might stop by that store again.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-01-2009, 08:56 PM
The closest store to me makes it a big hoo-ha: creators signing (I got special soaps from Hygenia from that Who Wants to Be a Superhero? show, by donating to her charity), games, free food, costumed characters (comic, movie, fantasy, etc.), balloons, music, other giveaways. It's good for kids, and decent for adult collectors, too. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

But the way they do it, is you get a ticket, with different logos from the various comics, and you choose which ones you want to get and they punch the ticket. But last year, the one I wanted (can't remember it now) was gone. :mad: There are some other books you can take up to 4 or 5 free, but it seems the main freebies are limited to only 3 IIRC.

Rocketboy
05-01-2009, 10:36 PM
That really rather sucks about your store only allowing three total to non-members.It's a fairly small shop, so I think he does that to make sure there's enough to go around. Plus he donates a sh*tload of 'em to hand out at libraries instead of just the store.

figrin bran
05-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Both of my local shops limit you to only 4-5 books.

Kevin Eastman and William Shatner will be signing at one of those stores.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Turnout this year seemed less than last year (could be due to colder, rain-possible weather forecast, or fears of flu from being in public), but still nice. I did get the SW:Clone Wars and TMNT 25th Anniv. books I wanted, plus Bongo Comics, Transformers, and GIJoe/TF flipbook. They let you get up to 10 books.

Here are some pics: the guy dressed as Wolverine apparently is a Hero for Hire (i.e. parties/events), and you could pose sitting on a model of a Sentinel, and there were various 501st costumers around (plus the nicest Joker ever, who was courteous and asked politely to get through, instead of just blasting us in the face with a gun :rolleyes: ). There was a Batman bouncy, tables of comic people I did not know at all, experts at CCG and fantasy games. Not bad for our small town. :pleased:

[okay, for some reason, it won't allow me to post the Wolverine pic... will try later]

figrin bran
05-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Turnout was less than last year's at 2 stores that I went to. It also seemed less organized than last year.

I got Blackest Night #0, Cars, Clone Wars and GI Joe/Transformers Animated plus I scored some free X-Men Origins swag - a Wolverine dogtag and foam Wolverine claws (kind of like the foam fingers you see at sporting events).

El Chuxter
05-03-2009, 11:44 AM
The turnout for the SAT seemed higher. Maybe that's why.

Qui-Long Gone
05-22-2009, 01:29 AM
We held our 2nd Comic Book Expo here in Lubbock during the city's Art Festival (which brings in 20,000 people over three days)....we had a good showing and hope to build from it. Here's a photo of me and the kids with Batman! Of course my son was freaked to stand near him, but kept following him all morning! :grin:

El Chuxter
12-10-2009, 05:09 PM
2010 offerings. (http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24004)

Scroll down to the IDW book, and you'll see why I just wet my pants. :love:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-26-2010, 11:15 PM
May Day! May Day! Every first weekend in May means Free Comic Book Day. Check out your local shop for give-aways and events this Saturday. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
05-03-2010, 08:16 PM
I drove past the local comic shop on Saturday, and they seemed to have a good turnout (pretty decent line to get in for the freebies), but I passed on stopping.

Anybody else stop and have a post-able experience at theirs?

Darth Jax
05-03-2010, 10:33 PM
didn't want to leave the house so i skipped it. since i read joe, punisher and SW they'll typically snag a copy for me if one of those titles is a free book and give it to me the next time i stop in.

El Chuxter
05-04-2010, 12:06 AM
I hate the local comic shop, but I went there to get GIJoe #155.5. I also got the Superman, Tiny Titans, Archie, Shrek, Toy Story, Mouse Guard, and what seems like a billion different Iron Man comics. I really wanted the Dr Solar/Magnus and Atomic Robo, but no luck on them; they didn't order them.

Also took advantage of a 10% sale they were running to get Batman: The Brave and the Bold Volume 1. With all the kiddie stuff I got, Chux Jr should enjoy some of it. :)

GIJoe #155.5, by the way, was well worth a fourteen year wait. :love:

InsaneJediGirl
05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
The local shop limited each person to three comics each, so I picked up Del Ray Showcase, Artifacts, and War of the Supermen. Since I'm not a fan of the SW Legacy series, I just picked up Batman Streets of Gotham #11 and Batman #698. I normally don't read the Batman series, my brothers do, but it wasn't bad, something to read.

For a free book, Artifacts is pretty decent, don't know if I would want to spend money to continue reading it though...

Bel-Cam Jos
05-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Now, every time and place I checked, I saw no FCBD'10 for Star Wars. Was there one this year?

Darth Jax
05-04-2010, 08:37 PM
not that i know of for this year.

El Chuxter
05-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Dark Horse did a Solar/Magnus flip book to promote their upcoming re-launch of the old Gold Key heroes.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-05-2010, 07:59 PM
That's all I saw from DH. Just wanted to make sure, since there's nothing worse than paying later for something that could've been free earlier.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Forgot to bump this thread before the day, but there's still time with the sun out for Free Comic Book Day 2011! I got there too late for the SW/Avatar:Airbender flipbook, which was apparently one of the few "out of stock" comics once I arrived. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
04-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Check out the FCBD website www.freecomicbookday.com for a list of comics and participating shops. There will be a SW comic again this year, with Han & Chewie.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-06-2012, 10:27 AM
I did get the SW/Serenity flipbook (since I decided to wait in the line earlier, in my superhero guise as Mr. Teacher, complete with speed grading super powers in line ;) ), and there was a hardback "comic" one about a mouse. Here are a few pics. Recall that this nearby store goes all-out for its FCBD event.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Here's a few more. I loved how the on-site blood drive through Lifestream was "sponsored" by COBRA (the fliers posted said "Bleed for COBRA" on them); in fact, the GIJoe/COBRA costumes were among the best quality there. There was a wrestling ring (I was impressed at how quickly and safely it was built there), where an anime turtle was pinned (too fast, I thought; turtles need slower 3-counts IMHO ;) ). I loved the "little short for a" stormtrooper guarding the giant jawa. Didn't wait for any artist signings, and their food wasn't quite set up yet (guess that's why I usually get there later, but then some books run out : pickyourpoison: ). Still, it was fun.

My "costume" was to wear all four colors (i.e. four color printing for comics). Subtle? Silly? Guilty on both.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, I got there before 8:00am, for their 11:00 opening, figuring I'd be one of the first 100 people to get the special "May the Fourth" FCBD patch. Somebody counted up to where we were in line: in the 70-80th people range. Sweet! :pleased: Get up to the entrance once they opened; look down at my ticket: #320?!? :confused: So, no patch.

A friend of mine was in the credits for the Sesame Street/Strawberry Shortcake flipbook, and he was one of the talent there to sign at the tables, so I thought I'd get one of them and have him sign it as I talked with him. One, he wasn't there yet (I did see him when I went back later in the day). Two, they said either "we're out of them" or "We're holding them for a kids' reading event later" or "we didn't get any." :mad: I did get the SW/Airbender book and a couple others.

It was sunny and getting hot (I drank two water bottles full and NO out-line-to-go, either :o ), hard to find where lines (which were exceptionally long) ended or began, but it was still a fun time. Great to talk to people in line, saw some former/current students there and other friends, great costumes (in the pics, the Boo costume was the cutest, and the AT-ST walker/Twi'Lek girl & family was the awesomest SW costume I've seen [even had scout walker sound effect], lots of COBRA/G.I. Joe ones). Many, many more people than I've ever seen at this one, in my several years of going here.

JediTricks
05-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Well, I got there before 8:00am, for their 11:00 opening, figuring I'd be one of the first 100 people to get the special "May the Fourth" FCBD patch. Somebody counted up to where we were in line: in the 70-80th people range. Sweet! :pleased: Get up to the entrance once they opened; look down at my ticket: #320?!? :confused: So, no patch.

A friend of mine was in the credits for the Sesame Street/Strawberry Shortcake flipbook, and he was one of the talent there to sign at the tables, so I thought I'd get one of them and have him sign it as I talked with him. One, he wasn't there yet (I did see him when I went back later in the day). Two, they said either "we're out of them" or "We're holding them for a kids' reading event later" or "we didn't get any." :mad: I did get the SW/Airbender book and a couple others.

It was sunny and getting hot (I drank two water bottles full and NO out-line-to-go, either :o ), hard to find where lines (which were exceptionally long) ended or began, but it was still a fun time. Great to talk to people in line, saw some former/current students there and other friends, great costumes (in the pics, the Boo costume was the cutest, and the AT-ST walker/Twi'Lek girl & family was the awesomest SW costume I've seen [even had scout walker sound effect], lots of COBRA/G.I. Joe ones). Many, many more people than I've ever seen at this one, in my several years of going here.That is awesome! The AT-ST costume is really fun, the tiny girl in the twi'lek is cute.

I didn't go out, feeling under the weather, so I just picked up whatever was free on Comixology, although that meant no IDW or major Marvel or DC comics for some reason. Oh well.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-27-2014, 10:01 AM
It has been a few years without one, but my online searching seems to have come up with no Star Wars comic this year. Thanks Disney-SW! :( At least, since I have a few activities scheduled for that day (5/3/14), I won't feel as bad missing the FCBD event.

JediTricks
04-27-2014, 03:21 PM
The hipstery eyesore that is Transformers vs. GI Joe will be a FCBD #0
http://comicsalliance.com/tom-scioli-john-barber-transformers-vs-g-i-joe-interview/
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51417

And this is IDW's only original ongoing GI Joe book for this year!

I might be too embarrassed to walk into my comic shop and ask for this, so it may be up to Comixology to deliver. It looks truly horrendously awful and backwards-gazing for entertainment purposes, but I want to give it at least a chance (one that doesn't cost me too much).

El Chuxter
04-27-2014, 04:07 PM
Define "only." After the mess of van Lente's ongoing (which had a really strong premise, but it's clear that he hasn't read any of IDW's previous books, doesn't intend to, and has an editor who isn't doing his job at all), they're doing yet another soft reboot this fall.

But for the most part, skip the new Joe books and stick with the Hama title. I don't say that just out of nostalgia; with Cobra(/Cobra Files) gone, the new books suck. It's as if there's some law that the quality of the Joe books is inversely proportional to the quality of the Transformers titles and, well, we know those are two of the best comics out there, so you do the math....

Lord Malakite
05-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Alright, so who is going to pick up this free Power Rangers comic (http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/1041?stockItemID=STK634513) for me on free comic book day? :p

JediTricks
05-03-2014, 02:12 AM
Define "only." After the mess of van Lente's ongoing (which had a really strong premise, but it's clear that he hasn't read any of IDW's previous books, doesn't intend to, and has an editor who isn't doing his job at all), they're doing yet another soft reboot this fall.

But for the most part, skip the new Joe books and stick with the Hama title. I don't say that just out of nostalgia; with Cobra(/Cobra Files) gone, the new books suck. It's as if there's some law that the quality of the Joe books is inversely proportional to the quality of the Transformers titles and, well, we know those are two of the best comics out there, so you do the math....Sorry, I meant summer, not year.

There's a slim chance I'll be hitting the comic shop tomorrow between errands, if so, I'll pick it up for you.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-04-2014, 11:27 PM
I didn't get to it either. I'll likely see people's photos online soon (first year at the shop's new location, with more space to spread out their activities).

bigbarada
05-05-2014, 09:23 AM
I went to my first Free Comic Book day on Saturday and there wasn't really much to it other than standing in line, in the hot sun, to get ahold of some comics that I didn't even want. I ended up jumping out of the line, wandering around the store for a bit and then going home.

It didn't help that a friend of mine from work decided to tag along and spend the entire time complaining about EVERYTHING.

Ah well, the local Michael's store was having a BOGO sale on comic book paper, so the trip wasn't a total loss. Also, I got to see a guy in a really awesome TIE Fighter Pilot costume. I wanted to ask him questions about where he got it, but he was too busy taking pictures with kids (along with his buddies in a Sandtrooper and a Stormtrooper costume).

JediTricks
05-05-2014, 06:13 PM
I didn't get to it either. I'll likely see people's photos online soon (first year at the shop's new location, with more space to spread out their activities).Well, if we can get you, Chux, and Maradona together, you can each read it there. Rumor also has it that it'll be free on Comixology soon if you want to do it digitally.

I went to my first Free Comic Book day on Saturday and there wasn't really much to it other than standing in line, in the hot sun, to get ahold of some comics that I didn't even want. I ended up jumping out of the line, wandering around the store for a bit and then going home.

It didn't help that a friend of mine from work decided to tag along and spend the entire time complaining about EVERYTHING.

Ah well, the local Michael's store was having a BOGO sale on comic book paper, so the trip wasn't a total loss. Also, I got to see a guy in a really awesome TIE Fighter Pilot costume. I wanted to ask him questions about where he got it, but he was too busy taking pictures with kids (along with his buddies in a Sandtrooper and a Stormtrooper costume).Wow, that's awful, sorry to hear it. I guess I got really lucky, my store was nothing like that. I got in, got books, and got home in under 20 mins, they even put the hot title that was gone 45 mins after opening aside for me.

Then again, one of the guys on my TF site has a store that won't do pull lists and CHARGES for each FCBD title after your first!