PDA

View Full Version : New TAC Repaints Wave!

Battle Droid
05-07-2007, 10:37 AM
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Action_Figure_Wave_Revealed_105621.asp

Holographic Darth Vader
R2-B1
Clone Trooper (Brown deco)
Tonka Naboo Soldier (Red suit)
Rebel Vanguard (Star Wars: Battlefront)
Clone Trooper w/ Poncho (Clone Wars)
Pax (& Trax) Bonkik

Old Fossil
05-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Bring on R2-B1!!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Y'all can have the rest.

mtriv73
05-07-2007, 11:10 AM
I agree. R2-b1 is the only one I would buy (maybe the red soldier if they change the face.) Those repainted Greedos are going to be warming the pegs for quite a while.

figrin bran
05-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I definitely want R2-B1 and will probably also get Holo Vader, CW Clones and the Rodians. the latter won't pegwarm around my neck of the woods b/c i'll pick em up for custom fodder.

Droid
05-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I am underwhelmed.

Jargo
05-07-2007, 12:04 PM
I did a fast recolouring on a couple of them just to see how they'd look according to the scum's reckoning on which figures will be used.

for the record I'd buy R2-B1 just for the sake of having a decent version. I gave away my old one as it annoyed me so much. Now if only they'd release the R2-R9 from the commemorative tin single carded......

There's still two other droids from the royal starship to be produced, a green version of R2-R9 and the white with yellow markings R5 unit. How come no-one ever wants those two?

EDIT:Added a recoloured R2-R9 which kind of approximates how it'd look both as R2-B1 and the green droid. wrong sculpt but close enough. and yes I have too much time on my hands.:yes: and finally a bit of a menu screencap from TPM which shows the 6th droid clearly. just in case anyone doubts it exists.

jjreason
05-07-2007, 01:39 PM
I like the wave. I'll be getting them all. :thumbsup:

BoShek
05-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a good wave to me! I will get

Pax (& Trax) Bonkik

pegger
05-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I like the wave. I'll be getting them all. :thumbsup:

Ditto....we're just crazy canucks tho.

jjreason
05-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Jargo, I'd be all over the Green Astromech. I keep meaning to get all of my droids out for a huge Jawa yardsale display, but then I get caught up in the boards and yadda yadda yadda, it's time to go to bed again.

LTBasker
05-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Well, they're definitely getting better at repaints, though a TC-14 made out of Endor 3PO would've topped this cake quite well.

Holographic Darth Vader - Surprised it took until now but very cool. I think they should use the COMMtech sculpt though.

R2-B1 - Freaking finally.

Clone Trooper (Brown deco) - This I really don't care about, not only are brown spots just boring in general but theres only a few randomly placed. Pointless.

Naboo Soldier (Red suit) - Cool.

Rebel Vanguard (Star Wars: Battlefront) - Freaking. Sweet. Now if we can just get the female sniper and urban-colored Endor Rebel soldier.

Clone Trooper (Clone Wars deco) - Strange choice but should look interesting, definitely better than just brown spots.

Pax (& Trax) Bonkik - Interesting but I'm worried these won't sell very well like VTSC Greedo, Nabrun & Kabe and Labria.

Jargo
05-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Aside from during the battle of Hoth when does darth vader appear in hologram? at full size. I've never liked the full scale hologram figures and much prefer the small accessory sized versions. I'd love a Nute and Rune to stick on a trade fed tank giving commands to OOM-9. or a mini Sidious in the hand of a clonetrooper. they're so dinky and feel right. the normal scale figures in clear blue look a bit wrong. i can't put my tongue to the right word they just look - wrong. pass.

Greedo in pax bonkik colourings. well, it's a waste frankly. the costume is all wrong and Pax is taller and skinnier than Greedo. as has been said, Endor 3PO as TC-14 would have been a nicer choice. I'll wait to see what they do with this one but doubt I'll buy it.

Endor trooper with RFT helmet. hmmm. not a figure I'd have had on any want list. Alwys been bothered by the limitations placed on the figure by the jacket and even with added leg articulation it still bothers me that the figure is limited in what it can do. I shall pass.

naboo soldier. isn't he actually a flight technician? anyway, i like the red uniform much better than the garish yellow so i might be tempted to buy it. can't remember if i kept any naboo figures when i had a clearout. I may only have kept Gungans. still, it looks good and gets my blessing.

brown deco clonetrooper - meh. Pass

clonetrooper with poncho - meh. Pass

**Quick aside, I was just looking at the naboo royal starship droids and noticed that the R5 is odd man out. not only is it the only R5 used by the naboo, it's also the wrong colour scheme. if you follow the pattern there's red droid with white markings and a white droid with red markings and so on for each of the colours exept yellow. both yellow marked droids are white with yellow markings. to complete the pattern the R5 should have been a yellow droid with white markings. (even though R2-B1 is a bit out of synch with yellow markings) and it just struck me as really odd to have one droid completey out of sequence when the naboo are always so fastidiously perfect in everything they have around them. anyway. i've been at it again and mocked up both the R5 and the all yellow body droid. because I was bored. and it was on my mind.

jjreason
05-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Maybe the R5 is the newer (or older, I guess both ways make sense) version, and they're phasing them out.... or in. That would explain why both are present, kind of like new cars in companies' fleets of work vehicles.

Either way, nice job on the mock-up again, Mr. DP.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
This wave sounds pretty cool. If the RS report is true, now we know what will replace the TFU figures this year.

*Holographic Darth Vader - as stated above, he never appeared in full-body hologram. There are still several movie-accurate holograms I'd like to see them do (Senator Palpatine, Sio Bibble, Imperial Officers), but if they have to keep redoing Darth Vader time and time again, this is a welcome update. On a side note, I think it would be cool if they were to make a hologram astromech droid.
*R2-B1 - cool. But now that they've redone R2-B1 and R2-R9 hopefully they can move on to all-new astro droids.
*Clone Trooper (Brown Deco) - meh, alright. I suppose it had to happen sometime.
*Naboo Soldier - sweet, I wanted this one. Hopefully they shortened his arms or gave him a new head (though I doubt it).
*Rebel Vanguard - this could be cool. He'll add some variety to the troops.
*Clone Trooper (Clone Wars) - now THIS is a clone I wanted to see. They'll probably just use the poncho from the upcoming Jango figure, but that's alright.
*Pax/Trax Bonkik - I doubt they'll give him a new vest, but he'll still be pretty cool anyway. Rodians are nice, especially when they're not Greedo.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-07-2007, 08:32 PM
These look pretty cool for the most part. Not sure if I'll get the holo Vader though, but the rest I will.

DarkArtist
05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Action_Figure_Wave_Revealed_105621.asp

Holographic Darth Vader
R2-B1
Clone Trooper (Brown deco)
Clone Trooper w/ Poncho (Clone Wars)
Pax (& Trax) Bonkik

put me down for at least one of each. in truth I would like to get about 5 of each of the troops, and the rest 1 is enough. I can already perdict the pegwarmer for this wave, repainted Greedo wannabe Pax.

DarkArtist
05-07-2007, 08:55 PM
This wave sounds pretty cool. If the RS report is true, now we know what will replace the TFU figures this year.

*Holographic Darth Vader - as stated above, he never appeared in full-body hologram. There are still several movie-accurate holograms I'd like to see them do (Senator Palpatine, Sio Bibble, Imperial Officers), but if they have to keep redoing Darth Vader time and time again, this is a welcome update. On a side note, I think it would be cool if they were to make a hologram astromech droid.
*R2-B1 - cool. But now that they've redone R2-B1 and R2-R9 hopefully they can move on to all-new astro droids.
*Clone Trooper (Brown Deco) - meh, alright. I suppose it had to happen sometime.
*Naboo Soldier - sweet, I wanted this one. Hopefully they shortened his arms or gave him a new head (though I doubt it).
*Rebel Vanguard - this could be cool. He'll add some variety to the troops.
*Clone Trooper (Clone Wars) - now THIS is a clone I wanted to see. They'll probably just use the poncho from the upcoming Jango figure, but that's alright.
*Pax/Trax Bonkik - I doubt they'll give him a new vest, but he'll still be pretty cool anyway. Rodians are nice, especially when they're not Greedo.

Vader appeared as a hologram in ESB during the battle of Hoth. while small in size he was still in full body.

Old Fossil
05-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Great pics, Jargo. Entertainment Earth should've hired you to do their astromech exclusive sets last year.

Darth Cruel
05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
More #41 sculpt repaints! YES! My ever-growing army is...ummm...ever-growing.

All jesting aside. The SA troop-builders are always welcome at my house. And the more, the merrier! Looking forward to the wave, but mostly the SA Troopers. I, myself, am more tired of the 3 3/4" figures with limited articulation than I am of the SA Troopers.

Snowtrooper
05-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Holo Vader-Even though it is a full size version, I'd still buy one. Though you never saw this in the movies, its safe to assume he appeared as a full sized holo at some point.

Pax Bonik-Not very familiar with this one. Have to wait and see what it looks like before I pass judgement.

Clone Trooper (Clone Wars)-I saw a picture of the character at RS. If the poncho is done right, it would be a pretty cool looking clone.

Clone Trooper (Brown Deco)-Not terribly exciting, but I'd probably buy some.

Naboo Soldier-A red version would be kind of nice. Hopefully they will change the head sculpt on it.

R2-B1- If they use the R4-G9 sculpt, this will be the figure I'm looking forward to the mose from this wave.

Rebel Vanguard-Not really excited about this one. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see a picture of it.

JEDIpartner
05-08-2007, 09:43 AM
The soldier, the droid and Vader. That's all.

Darth Cruel
05-08-2007, 02:35 PM
The more I think about this...the more I like the idea of this wave. There have been some pretty disappointing offerings so far this year from Hasbro as far as SA Troopers for army-building goes. It will be nice to get another #41 re-paint. And the astromech on the better sculpt will be nice as well. I am glad I never opened one.

pegger
05-08-2007, 04:46 PM
The #41 repaint will replace my clone of the same colouring from the clone 3 -pack.

JEDIpartner
05-08-2007, 04:56 PM
I think people are tiring of the clones. The are clogging the pegs in Cleveland.

Darth Cruel
05-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I think people are tiring of the clones. The are clogging the pegs in Cleveland.

They wouldn't be if I were out there. And there may be SOME people...even MOST people may be tiring of them. But I am proof positive that not ALL people are tiring of them. I will buy as many as I can find of as many re-paints as Hasbro will make until they stop making them.

TheCivilCollector
05-08-2007, 05:16 PM
I'll agree with Cruel:

Clones are by NO MEANS in danger of becoming peg-warmers. I still NEVER see them anywhere.

I for one am getting sick of any and all repaints. People don't seem to mind the clones, and I can understand doing the red naboo soldier, but <i>really</i>. Enough is enough.

They REALLY need to just do new lines, like "Force Unleashed" (which was a great idea). There are PLENTY of well-know EU properties out there to mine from.

And they need to quit with the g-dd-mned clones already.

Darth Cruel
05-08-2007, 11:35 PM
I actually have a strong preference for a 100th repaint of the #41 sculpt clone over any other character that is done without good articulation. But face it...if every figure they did was SA...the line would be dead after visiting each character once for each costume. Only a few of us psycho-collectors would buy more than one of them. I would because I always get one to keep carded and one to open. Then a few diorama builders might get a few of some of the characters for different scenes. But the troops...Clones, Rebels, Separatist, Imperials...it is not out of bounds to buy multiples of them because the movies have us convinced that it takes 15 of them to fight one good-guy. 20 for Chewbacca.

I know everyone wants the new characters that have not been done yet over clones. And I would be screaming as loud as anyone if the sculpts were worth a sh**. But few of them are. And I wonder if there would be more of the new characters or new sculpts of popular characters if there were fewer clones released. Seams to me, not. So I am betting (no I do not know it for sure) that, for whatever Hasbro passes off as a reason, a wave of 7 releases that has 2 #41 sculpts in it would be a wave of 5 releases if the clones were not there.

My own troop-building will never truly be complete unless I get enough clones to match the number that is intended to be in the GAOTR. And that is millions. And considering that there are 2 types of armor...millions twice. And that is just clones from the PT. And then a few to keep carded.

Now...we all know that I am a lot more likely to have to stop at 50 or so of each. But...if I had the time and money and if Hasbro made them...OK I wouldn't really buy that many. But I still feel that my army is less than complete without the movie accurate numbers.

TheCivilCollector
05-09-2007, 03:02 AM
Cruel:

Can I ask you, do you display them all? If not, what's the point?

I only ask because I've heard quite a few army builders say that they box up all thier clones or rotate them around. There are only a few scenes in the entire Sextilogy that you only see more than 20 or so clones (althought the big battle scenes in Ep 2&3 show quite a few clones).

The way I see it, having scores of every type of clone is, if anything, NOT movie-accurate.

Obviously, I'm not criticizing you- it's absolutely your right to buy anything you want. I'm just curious about the motivation.

Also, call me a casual fan, what's "GAOTR"?

figrin bran
05-09-2007, 03:35 AM
GAOTR = Grand Armies of the Republic

Slicker
05-09-2007, 04:37 AM
Yet MORE EU characters. :rolleyes:

I think Hasbro should talk to Mabs about EU characters...

mabudonicus
05-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Did somebody say FU????

I'm just upset that Fa'ce didn't make the list :beard: Iso & Baws

the "star park" avatars were created by Emperor D.P.

mericen
05-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Here too in Springfield, Clones are clogging the shelves. I know of one Wal-Mart that must have 25 of the Shocktroopers. It has probably 20-30 pegs of nothing but the last 3 waves of Saga, and both waves of the repaints. But I digress.

I will be buying the entire wave too. They all sound good to me.

UKWildcat
05-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Just the Holo Vader and R2-B1 for me.

El Chuxter
05-11-2007, 01:15 AM
I've been able to pass on the last three holo figures, as well as the last forty or so Vaders. This one, though, I could see getting, if done well.

R2-B1... I was one of the five people lucky enough to get the first at retail. Maybe, but not likely.

Red Naboo Guard: Hells yeah! Hopefully he'll have a new head, but doubtful.

Rebel Vanguard: I actually like Battlefront, and this is a pretty interesting looking fellow. But being a straight repaint of an existing figure, well, I'll have to wait and see.

Brown Clonetrooper: Phbbbbbt!! Oh, the Rancor just made dookie on the Grand Army of the Republic! This should be an easy pass. I'm freaking sick of stupid ROTS Clonetrooper repaints.

Clone Wars Clonetrooper: These, on the other hand.... I will never be sick of Clone Wars figures, since the cartoons are so much better than the prequels themselves.

Pax Bonkik: ??? Can't wait for a freaking Greedo repaint. Unless they do something really amazing to the sculpt, I'll probably have to pass on this crap.

General_Grievous
05-12-2007, 02:37 PM
I've already got the EP1 R2-B1, so I'm passing on this one.

I'll pick up the Red Naboo Guard and maybe the Rodian.