PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro you have alienated collectors for the last time!

decadentdave
05-07-2007, 09:52 PM
I have NEVER found any of the TAC McQuarrie figures and that's a first for me. I have always found, even rare waves, with a little bit of patience and persistence but in all of my years of collecting I have reached my frustration breaking point with the McQuarrie figures being packed 1 per case. This is worse than last summer's UGH promotion which I only found 1 or 2 of those and passed because of bent cards. I went to Walmart and there was an end-cap full with about a hundred of Wave 1 and 2 TAC figures and all of the McQuarrie's had been cherry picked. The department manager saw me going through them and she said she just put those out the day before. I asked about the McQuarrie's, showed her the back of the package but she had no idea who they were nor remembered seeing them and offered me the Vader with coin book instead which I told her I already had. With gas prices over $3/gallon now, my days of persistence of making the daily rounds around town have been severely minimized as has my collecting budget. I have passed on so many re-issues and repaints which are becoming tiresome and the release of the Sith Infiltrator was not only a disappointment but an insult. The V-Wing was only a consolation in a year that has been underwhelming and frustrating for me as a collector and I have finally reached the point where I am considering abandoning 3 3/4" collecting altogether and with the C4 droids exclusives not being generally available I am giving up on these. I only collect 1:6 now from Sideshow and Hot Toys and seeing as how those pricey figures take up most of my money and space, cutting my ties with Hasbro will be more financially rewarding.

Old Fossil
05-07-2007, 10:34 PM
I have NEVER I went to Walmart and there was an end-cap full with about a hundred of Wave 1 and 2 TAC figures and all of the McQuarrie's had been cherry picked.

Not to trivialize the main point of your thread, but... A HUNDRED??? Jeez Louise! Would that I could find AN ENTIRE END-CAP full of TAC figures!!! Is this a sign of things to come, I wonder? I hope so! (Providing, of course, the McQuarrie figs are present as well.)

And to think I bought the lone AT-AT Driver at my WM today out of sheer boredom...

decadentdave
05-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Not to trivialize the main point of your thread, but... A HUNDRED??? Jeez Louise! Would that I could find AN ENTIRE END-CAP full of TAC figures!!! Is this a sign of things to come, I wonder? I hope so! (Providing, of course, the McQuarrie figs are present as well.)

What's the use when all it takes is one jackass to cherry pick all of the McQuarries and leave the rest behind? That Walmart will not be re-ordering cases until all of those TAC figures sell and I already know which ones will be warming the pegs: Obi-Wan, Artoo, Mace, Han Solo, and Ceremonial Luke. Hasbro needs to pack these evenly or ship entire cases of McQuarries to meet demand but that's not gonna happen because they want to control the market.

Kidhuman
05-07-2007, 10:59 PM
I havent seen more than 50 TAC figures in 2 months and you see 100 in one store? Damn!!!

I found the McStormie only because I had two cases brought to me at Target. I took both, one for UK and one for EC. I have one from the prior release, so I dont care. I havent even seen wave 2 sans 1 time and it was 1 Luke, 1 Han, and one DST, I bought the DST, left the rest

pbarnard
05-08-2007, 02:56 PM
So it's Hasbro's fault, Wal-mart won't reorder more cases? And while the old but valid point that Hasbro established the cases again, it's still their fault that others got there first and unable to know if it was legitimate collectors or scalpers? What about Hasbro DTC or TRU or some other shop online go get just the single figure or a trading partner? After so much spent in gas, the shipping cost would've saved you the gas, arrived sooner, and not given you so much aggravation.

I saw 3 the other day and passed on all of them, no interest in any concept figure. Being an opening non-completist rocks.

Jargo
05-08-2007, 03:24 PM
strangely i was thinking just that. online stores really save on the hassle of all that legwork or driving around when looking for a figure. really can't remember the last time I set foot in a bricks and mortar store. it's never worth the bother so why bother?

TheDarthVader
05-08-2007, 05:19 PM
I feel the pain. I have stopped going to stores and just order online now.

I have only found one mcquarrie stormtrooper and that was out of sheer luck. Someone had hidden one and I found it. PURE LUCK! I was so happy. But I have not seen the Fett, and I doubt that I ever will.

DarthQuack
05-08-2007, 06:03 PM
While hunting for figures is always fun, I've made the decision to just go online and get what I want, I've had great success with certain sites and will just stick to that. Will I pay a few more dollars? Sure, especially when it means I don't have to drive out of my way to look for stuff, with what the gas prices are nowadays.

decadentdave
05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Well if Hasblo Toy Shop had them available to order online I would have but guess what? They don't. I'm not gonna order a full case of TAC just to get these figures (and I need 2 of each, one to open, one to keep). And yes it is Hasblo's fault for short-packing these knowing that they are going to be the most sought after in-demand and even more for not making the C4 droids available to order online for non-attendees so f*** 'em.

bobafrett
05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't know if this is the case with all cities around, but my Wal-Mart got 4 cases of McFarlane "Ben Wallace 2" figures. That's all that was in these cases were the Chicago Bulls Ben Wallace figures. My point being, Hasbro might want to make note, and make a shipment available of just the McQuarrie figures. I found two each of the Stormtroopers and the Fett's, so I consider myself lucky.

DarkArtist
05-08-2007, 09:40 PM
well I can't say that I have ever seen more than 20 TAC figures ever on a store peg or endcap. as far as the Concept figures, I too am ****ed at the concept figures being offered one per case, still looking for the Fett. one can only hope that Hasbro will wake up and start offering more per case.

figrin bran
05-09-2007, 02:44 AM
I don't know if this is the case with all cities around, but my Wal-Mart got 4 cases of McFarlane "Ben Wallace 2" figures. That's all that was in these cases were the Chicago Bulls Ben Wallace figures. My point being, Hasbro might want to make note, and make a shipment available of just the McQuarrie figures. I found two each of the Stormtroopers and the Fett's, so I consider myself lucky.

funny thing because my local WM got in a few solid cases of the McFarlane Elton Brand figure.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Another thing to consider is that TAC has yet to show up in great numbers yet, so eventually we will see more. I've hardly seen any wave 2 yet. Also, while the concept Stormtrooper is only one per case, I think it is going to be shipping in more than one case.

jedi master sal
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Another thing to consider is that TAC has yet to show up in great numbers yet, so eventually we will see more. I've hardly seen any wave 2 yet. Also, while the concept Stormtrooper is only one per case, I think it is going to be shipping in more than one case.

That's the key. These figures will continue to ship in other case assortments. I think the real gripe here is that people haven't found it NOW or FIRST. Patience. There's hardly been a figure in the last 12 years that could be found on pegs, or if you wait long enough, can buy fairly cheap on eBay. For those rare ones that do hold their value, fine, bite it on those if you have too. Would still save you frustration and gas money...

I too complain, but sometimes we really need to take a step back. Sure we don't agree with how Hasbro does things at times. But all in all, this stuff isn't all that hard to find.

Agreed the exclusives are bothersome, especially the CIV droids. But I'll bet they'll come down in price after awhile. Heck, CIII Vaders can be had for cheap.

Droid
05-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I am VERY angry about the McQuarrie droids situation, but I predict that they are going to release all the McQuarries in a set, maybe next year. They'll act like they are doing it to make us all happy, to try and be heroes, when in the end they intended it all along as part of their evil plan.

I am also irritated that it is May and I have only seen PARTS of waves one or two, even with daily runs to the stores. However, I can remember other times where this happened and longer dry spells than this. I'm sure that eight monhts from now we'll be complaining about all the McQuarrie Stormtroopers and Fetts clogging the pegs.

jedi master sal
05-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm sure that eight monhts from now we'll be complaining about all the McQuarrie Stormtroopers and Fetts clogging the pegs.

That is highly doubtful. The McQ trooper sold extremely well and many didn't get it the first time around. So you can bet they will now. Doubtfull we'll see either clog the pegs. MNaybe one here or there, but not clogging, IMHO.

decadentdave
05-24-2007, 02:24 AM
This just in! The prices for the exclusive McQuarrie Signature Series figures have been revealed: Concept Luke Skywalker (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACC4McLuke.asp) is $14.99 and will be available at the StarWarsShop.com booth, and is limited to 6 figures per person. Concept R2-D2 & C-3PO (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACC4McDroids.asp) are $20.00 and will be available in the Celebration store, and is limited to one per the number of days on your badge. Plan your budget accordingly.

All I have to say is F*** HASBRO!!!! My friend was going to C4 to pick up the exclusive figures but can only go ONE day so guess who gets the Droids? The prices are ridiculous. I STILL have not found 1 McQuarrie figure in the 30th anniversary collection. F*** it! I'm done! F*** YOU HASBLO!!!!!!!!

El Chuxter
05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
On top of this fiasco, you've also now revealed that concept Obi-Wan and Yoda will be SDCC exclusives.

Thanks for hyping up this line most people won't be able to complete, you rat b*****ds. :mad:

JON9000
05-24-2007, 01:44 PM
If you could yell at the people who grab every figure insead of Hasbro, would you? I think this thread is a case of misdirected anger. BTW, all it takes is getting up with some of your peeps online and agreeing to lookout for each other. I got McFett the other day that way for $10 shipped loose.

It beats hunting, but I am of the opinion that for some people (namely those who hunt), hunting is an end to itself. It's like pulling the arm on a slot machine. Random reinforcement patterns are the most addicting.

TAC is hard to find around here all together with the exceptions of Obi and R2. The only wave 2 fig I've seen is Luke.

Droid
05-24-2007, 02:32 PM
If you could yell at the people who grab every figure insead of Hasbro, would you? I think this thread is a case of misdirected anger. BTW, all it takes is getting up with some of your peeps online and agreeing to lookout for each other. I got McFett the other day that way for $10 shipped loose.

It beats hunting, but I am of the opinion that for some people (namely those who hunt), hunting is an end to itself. It's like pulling the arm on a slot machine. Random reinforcement patterns are the most addicting.

TAC is hard to find around here all together with the exceptions of Obi and R2. The only wave 2 fig I've seen is Luke.

It is HASBRO that short packed the figures. It is HASBRO that is making Luke, R2, 3P0, Yoda and Ben EXCLUSIVES and confirming that the DROIDS will ONLY be available at CONVENTIONS. My anger is pointed right at Hasbro and the end result is that I will probably pass on all of the concept figures.

decadentdave
05-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Just got off the phone with my friend. We both agree that we want Star Wars to end. We've had our fill. He's reluctantly going to Celebration tomorrow just to get the figures and leave. We don't feel there is anything to celebrate. It's the 30th Anniversary and we don't feel it. There is nothing to celebrate when Hasbro and Lucas are grasping for straws just using it as an excuse to bilk the fans out of more money. How much longer do they think they can keep it going? We could care less about Force Unleashed, the Clone Wars, Tales of the New Republic, or live-action show. Star Wars is just the movies, all that Expanded Universe crap is lame. Time to put Star Wars to bed and get on with the rest of our lives. I'm tired of working as Luca$'$ b!tch.

jedi master sal
05-24-2007, 03:09 PM
It is HASBRO that short packed the figures. It is HASBRO that is making Luke, R2, 3P0, Yoda and Ben EXCLUSIVES and confirming that the DROIDS will ONLY be available at CONVENTIONS. My anger is pointed right at Hasbro and the end result is that I will probably pass on all of the concept figures.

I do have to agree with you on this point. What's the use of making a subline when you make it extremely hard to find for everyone. They new the McTrooper sold well before, so they shouldn't have had any doubts it would again and subsequent characters from the subline.

jedi master sal
05-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Just got off the phone with my friend. We both agree that we want Star Wars to end. We've had our fill. He's reluctantly going to Celebration tomorrow just to get the figures and leave. We don't feel there is anything to celebrate. It's the 30th Anniversary and we don't feel it. There is nothing to celebrate when Hasbro and Lucas are grasping for straws just using it as an excuse to bilk the fans out of more money. How much longer do they think they can keep it going? We could care less about Force Unleashed, the Clone Wars, Tales of the New Republic, or live-action show. Star Wars is just the movies, all that Expanded Universe crap is lame. Time to put Star Wars to bed and get on with the rest of our lives. I'm tired of working as Luca$'$ b!tch.

You know, I'm darn near to feeling the same way. Not toally but getting close. I'll be 38 this year. I've already proclaimed army building will be done after this year for me, which I think I can do. I had promised myself and fiancee that colelcting would virtually stop when I turn 40. I can see that happening too.

And I definitely agree, sometimes I feel like a Luca$ B!tch myself. Well, he and Hasbro better make the most of the next 3 years, cause I keep saying it, SW (merchandise) is going to die.

There is no way licensees are going to want to get the line when there are no more movies coming out and the TV shows are done by then (or close to done). And you just know that LFL is going to want to get as much money as possible, so they'll end up squeezing the necks of the licensees to the point of breaking them. Just take a look at what happened to Master Replicas.

I really don't like to talk about the end od SW toys, but it's becoming more evident.

While I do like the McLine. It's readily apparent that Hasbro is grasping at straw to come up with new characters. (Though we collectors have given them many choices that we want, cough Yarna, cough crispy Owen and Beru, cough Young Owen and Young Beru, cough the many different Amidala costumes not yet done...shoudl I go on?)

I don't want it to end this second, but DEC 2009 is looking REAL good right now.

El Chuxter
05-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Of the McQuarrie figures:

McTrooper: 1 per case, army builder
McBoba: 1 per case, two heads
McVader: 1 per case, two heads
McChewie: 1 per case
McLuke: 1 per case
McYoda: Con exclusive
McBen: Con exclusive
McStarkiller: Con exclusive
McArtoo: Con exclusive
McThreepio: Con exclusive

I think that's all that are confirmed as of right now. Ten figures. Fully 1/2 of these are convention exclusives. Of the others, one is an army builder, and two others come with extra heads or some other variation that will lead people to want more. McChewie is a cool looking alien, so some folks may get extras to round out scenes. And all four of these are (drumroll, please) one per case.

Keep in mind that they made a point to hype this line a full year ago at Comic-Con, and they saw and heard the enthusiastic response when the cardback prototype showed it was from the McTrooper, which most people missed the first time.

They know we all want them, and multiples of some of them, and they're combining shortpacks, army builders, variations, and con exclusives. This will likely be the hardest subline to collect, ever.

Kidhuman
05-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Actually McFett was 2 per case, I got both of the ones I found from one case

decadentdave
05-25-2007, 02:58 PM
My friend just called me from C4 and he said that it is the most apalling display of greed he has ever seen. They cut off the Hasbro line and one dealer was selling McQuarrie Luke's for $50. I told him to let it go and forget about it. I am so glad I didn't go. It's just a pathetic excuse to exploit the fans. Hasbro is manipulating the distribution and controlling supply and demand. They have taken all the fun out of collecting. Luca$$ is nothing but a money grubbing bastard.

Sith Lord 0498
05-27-2007, 10:30 PM
I do have to agree with you on this point. What's the use of making a subline when you make it extremely hard to find for everyone. They new the McTrooper sold well before, so they shouldn't have had any doubts it would again and subsequent characters from the subline.

My beef isn't really with the shortpacking because revision cases are going to be getting more of them out there.

It's that nearly a third of the Concept line is going to be in the form of convention exclusives!!!

I was lucky enough to snag a Concept Luke on-line yesterday, but I still have to track down a C3PO/R2 set. Then there's the SDCC Kenobi/Yoda 2-pack.

Plus I'm disheartened to see that Luke, Vader, Starkiller will revert back to swivel-cut elbows as opposed to ball-jointed. :(

General_Grievous
05-29-2007, 11:01 PM
It's stuff like this that made me stop collecting EU figures, because those are always the rarest to find.

JON9000
05-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Luca$$ is nothing but a money grubbing bastard.

Here you are complaining about Hasbro's distribution and lame exclusives then calling Lucas names. For heaven's sake... LUCAS licenses to HASBRO the right to make and distribute Star Wars figures. These are HASBRO issues you are complaining about (and some jackarse at the convention isn't even them), but you are so distraught over not being able to get a toy that you are castigating the individual who gave you STAR WARS to begin with, which I assume has given you hours of entertainment and thereby spawned a thousand figures to fill some sort of need in your life.

You all sound like spoiled children.

Conventions, when you add up the money for travel, room & board, make absolutely no financial sense. Also, people should know by now that the shop gets over-run and people rarely get everything they want. My God, if you want the stupid figures, just get them on ebay with the money you saved by NOT attending the stupid convention.

And anyone who doesn't like the direction of the line is free to collect only what they like or can afford, as I do. People are griping about Unleashed... like you think they are going to make some charred versions of Owen and Beru if they didn't come out with tiny Hoth figures? (BTW, Amanaman comes with accessories that can easily fill in for crusty Owen and Beru). Hell no. Hasbro keeps the line alive and collectors engaged by doling what you really want quite slowly. This phenomena is called marketing. BTW, I think Pawlus figures out we are getting something like 200 figures this year. That's enough.

Rest assured everyone will likely have the ability to get every McQuarrie figure eventually. If they are popular, Hasbro will make them in larger numbers. Remember, there is a risk with these things. SOTE had a huge multi-media support, and it freaking languished. Then you'd gripe about clogging.

Okay, enough out of me. Try to relax, y'all!

Tenric78
05-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Here you are complaining about Hasbro's distribution and lame exclusives then calling Lucas names. For heaven's sake... LUCAS licenses to HASBRO the right to make and distribute Star Wars figures. These are HASBRO issues you are complaining about (and some jackarse at the convention isn't even them), but you are so distraught over not being able to get a toy that you are castigating the individual who gave you STAR WARS to begin with, which I assume has given you hours of entertainment and thereby spawned a thousand figures to fill some sort of need in your life.

You all sound like spoiled children.

Conventions, when you add up the money for travel, room & board, make absolutely no financial sense. Also, people should know by now that the shop gets over-run and people rarely get everything they want. My God, if you want the stupid figures, just get them on ebay with the money you saved by NOT attending the stupid convention.

And anyone who doesn't like the direction of the line is free to collect only what they like or can afford, as I do. People are griping about Unleashed... like you think they are going to make some charred versions of Owen and Beru if they didn't come out with tiny Hoth figures? (BTW, Amanaman comes with accessories that can easily fill in for crusty Owen and Beru). Hell no. Hasbro keeps the line alive and collectors engaged by doling what you really want quite slowly. This phenomena is called marketing. BTW, I think Pawlus figures out we are getting something like 200 figures this year. That's enough.

Rest assured everyone will likely have the ability to get every McQuarrie figure eventually. If they are popular, Hasbro will make them in larger numbers. Remember, there is a risk with these things. SOTE had a huge multi-media support, and it freaking languished. Then you'd gripe about clogging.

Okay, enough out of me. Try to relax, y'all!

This is one of the reasons I don't post here more often. It seems like there is an overwhelming amount of negativity about anything Hasbro does here.

decadentdave
05-30-2007, 01:38 PM
This is one of the reasons I don't post here more often. It seems like there is an overwhelming amount of negativity about anything Hasbro does here.

Then don't post here. Read the title of the thread. It's intended to direct negativity at Hasbro and because of the crap they are pulling. And Luca$$ IS a money grubbing bastard and that statement has more to do with how Luca$$film organized the C4 convention as a lure to fans to bilk them for more $$$. Luca$$film is all about making $$$ like any other greedy corporation. Unfortunately what was once a company that I supported out of the goodness of my heart and love for the franchise has been tarnished by their increasing efforts to take the fun out of collecting and alienating the fans and my love for all things $tar War$ has been spoiled by it.

jedi master sal
05-30-2007, 01:42 PM
My beef isn't really with the shortpacking because revision cases are going to be getting more of them out there.

It's that nearly a third of the Concept line is going to be in the form of convention exclusives!!!

That was my point too. (Sorry if it read differently from that.) Shortpacking is one thing. Tough yes, but not impossible to find.

Exclusives, especially CONVENTION exclusives are much MUCH worse. Unless they do sell them online after, there's not much of a chance to get them at a reasonable price. I didn't fair so lucky with getting a Luke online.

Heck even the droids I'm worried about and there were several from my state collecting group who were getting multiples for those of us who wanted them. It's unclear yet if they were able to get enough for those of us who asked. So I might be out on that too. I'm really hoping that these end up blowing out later and can be found online for the same or cheaper cost than at CIV itself. It may take a couple of years, but I'll wait for it. I'm NOT going to pay out the nose for these figures, no matter how cool they are.

BTW, nice seeing you post here again Jeff. (Sith Lord 0498)

pbarnard
05-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Then don't post here. Read the title of the thread. It's intended to direct negativity at Hasbro and because of the crap they are pulling. And Luca$$ IS a money grubbing bastard and that statement has more to do with how Luca$$film organized the C4 convention as a lure to fans to bilk them for more $$$. Luca$$film is all about making $$$ like any other greedy corporation. Unfortunately what was once a company that I supported out of the goodness of my heart and love for the franchise has been tarnished by their increasing efforts to take the fun out of collecting and alienating the fans and my love for all things $tar War$ has been spoiled by it.

So is it Lucas or is it Hasbro or is it the retailers who are personally going out of their way to screw you? Please pick one so you can make a consistent (disillusional and ill-informed) rant.

Can we start taking bets on when people will stroke out over this or is that a no-no?

Jon9000 is completely correct. No one goes to Disney World and complains that everything costs $5 more than what it really should. They announced the prices months in advance. They give the rules on limits, who gets to purchase when, etc in advance also.

And since when does one need convention exclusives for it to be complete (or the holiday figures or whatever)? I've missed out on plenty over the years, never had this affect my overall enjoyment of the line.

Being angry about it only leaves you angry and without the figures and in a higher risk category for heart attack and/or stroke. Shrugging it off and saying, is it really hurting me only leaves you without the figures.

Tenric78
05-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Then don't post here. Read the title of the thread.

For me, it seems like it's in all the threads, not just the ones that are dedicated to whining about Hasbro. And a lure to fans out of cash? Give me a break, if you want to go you go and spend the money. No one is forcing you to go to a convention. Every convention is the same thing, a means of getting you to buy a bunch of crap you don't need. It isn't just Lucas doing this.

By the way, I do agree with the short packing concerns with the McQuarrie figures. It's annoying as hell to see a dealer selling a Boba Fett for thirty bucks.

JON9000
05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
By the way, I do agree with the short packing concerns with the McQuarrie figures. It's annoying as hell to see a dealer selling a Boba Fett for thirty bucks.

I learned a lesson in 1996 that I follow to this day: never pay significantly more than retail. I was one of those dummies that paid (gulp!) $40 for monkey-face Leia! :stupid: I found her a few months later on the peg. right now, we have a minor recurrence of the phenomenon with McFett. I get the feeling this fellow will be findable over the next year, particularly when 1st Fett comes out later and all the Fett freaks have something new to bug out over!

decadentdave
05-30-2007, 08:59 PM
And to alienate the fans even more than they already have, Hasblo has decided to invalidate the coupon code for 25% off and free shipping on the McQuarrie Luke at HasbroToyShop. This deserves a big PHUUKKKKK YOU to Hasbro as I raise my middle finger at thee... both of them!

Kidhuman
05-30-2007, 09:13 PM
He said a dirty word, he said a dirty word.

DarthQuack
05-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Isn't there a PG rating on these boards? ;)

jedi master sal
05-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Dang, my mod powers don't work in this section.

decadentdave, please be so kind as to clean up your post and remove that specific "F" word.

Thanks.

(I do agree with you, btw, but we need to keep some sort of standards here at SSG...)

decadentdave
05-30-2007, 10:36 PM
There, I'll compromise and make it phoenetically correct but not politically correct because politically correct is for ninnies. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Now it's politically correct. It may be for ninnies, but we have to consider that there may be ninnies lurking around these parts.

Seriously, please don't do that again. I understand you're frustrated, and you have every right to be (not allowing the coupon does royally suck), but rules are rules.

Luuuuuuke
05-30-2007, 11:39 PM
For all the money Hasbro makes, it's cheap of them to invalidate the discount. They could at the very least honor the free shipping. Something, beyond just apologizing for the "inconvenience." Don't apologize for the inconvinience--make up for it. Somehow, even if just a little. I agree that paying an arm and a leg for just about any figure is a big mistake. I've found 4 McFetts and none of them by being at the pegs right at opening. And someone today posted about finding wave 3 but leaving 6 McFetts. I can't see the Concept Chewie being impossible to find. Although I do wish Hasbro would make these at least 2 per case.

El Chuxter
05-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Forgot to mention this before, but I found out just yesterday AAA offers a discount at hasbrotoyshop if you go through their site. I think it's 15% off, but not sure if it would work on Luke or not.

mtriv73
05-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Did anyone actually see it posted anywhere that those figures weren't eligible for the discount or was your first inkling of this when you go the e-mail? This variation on bait and switch is unethical at best and (if they didn't have it prominently posted somewhere) illegal.

It's not even the few dollars that is ticking me off-I would have bought the figures anyway. It's the fact that they're coming back later and taking back something they had allowed in the first place.

Bad form Hasbrotoyshop.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 01:26 AM
It's pretty sleazy, if they didn't want to allow it, they should have set their system to deal with it. When you use a paper coupon, it's up to the company's cashier to do final verification on the fine print, not the customer. They can't let you redeem your coupon and then chase you down in the parking lot for a few extra bucks.

And it's super lame to pull anything like this when they're selling folks 6 at a time at the convention and 10 minutes later every scalper booth in the place has 6 of them for double.

Plus we're going to have to play this concept figure game again at SDCC and then in October with online-exclusive concept Grievous.

decadentdave
06-11-2007, 09:24 PM
And the drama of the C4 McQuarrie Luke continues...

Get this, I just received an e-mail informing me that me order was cancelled:

Per your request, we have canceled your outstanding order with HasbroToyShop.com.
Confirmation information is below.

ORDER NUMBER: XXXXX
ORDER DATE XXXXXX

CUSTOMER
XXXXXXXXX

SHIPPING TO
XXXXXXXXX

SHIPPING OPTION
Allow 7-10 business days from date shipped.

ITEM(S) CANCELED
Item number: 87384
Item name: Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series Concept Luke Skywalker Figure
with Collector Coin
Quantity: 2

First of all, I never received an order confirmation for my order and I never received an e-mail informing me that the coupon code would be invalidated and to call the 800 customer service number until I read it posted in the online forums so last week I called Hasbrotoyshop to confirm my order and make sure that it would not be cancelled. So here I am thinking that in spite of the lack of e-mails that my order was good and then BAM today I get this. What the hell is going on at Hasbro?!?!?

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Read my article: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=911

2-1B
02-28-2008, 08:35 PM
So...how's the boycott goin' ?

decadentdave
02-29-2008, 03:36 AM
So...how's the boycott goin' ?

Going great! Saying NO to Hasblo is one of the best feelings in the world. I feel liberated like Alexander DeLarge at the end of Clockwork Orange "I was cured."

I saw the new comic book packs with those Stormtrooper bafoons... Basso and somebody... I had to laugh. They are really reaching deep into EU now to come up with lame excuses to make more figures. Anyway, it feels good not blowing $60/wk on this stuff anymore. I actually have money to eat now. I'd rather blow five bucks on a Jamba Juice anyway.