PDA

View Full Version : Saga Legends Wave 2 pics

JediTricks
05-09-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=820

VOTC Boba Fett is a very welcome addition, although judging by the Sandtrooper in this wave, they could have repainted Boba with ESB colors to get an extra sale or 2 out of it (it's not as dynamic-looking though, so I can also understand why they wouldn't).

The aforementioned Sandtrooper is a real shocker, the TSC figure with a new paint scheme, it looks a lot like the Evolutions version. My complaint with the Evo version also plays here though, this deco is pretty extreme, like he fell in bantha poodoo, but I'll get one anyway.

Leia Boushh is a neutral for me, I like this figure ok but I know it didn't sell well in the TSC line. It looks like they gave her helmet 1 more paint app - the greenish tinge on top - and since I had wanted a second version, they'll probably get me on that.

"Darth Vader" Anakin Skywalker is the real POS of this wave, a revisit of the ROTS Anakin #02 figure yet again. That figure sucked with it's giant diaper for the gimmick, oversized "skirt", and lousy sculpt.

jedi master sal
05-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Ok the only two I'll consider are the Sandtrooper. Maybe two or three. ANd the other one...501st trooper...HOWEVER

Notice they are showing the AT-TE gunner mold for this one! I think most of us were under the distinct impression that Hasbro would use the #41 mold for this one now.

If it's that horrid AT-TE gunner mold, then I'm passing. I can't stand that mold. The arms pop off at the elbows to easy and the one arm (right) is off kilter. Heck even a kit-bashed 501st made from the lower half of the AT-TE gunner and the upper half of the #41 would be fine. Removable helmet or no. Though I think I'd prefer the standard head (non-removable helmet).

I'm actually kind of glad for this Legends line. I'll be passing up quite a lot, thereby saving some money this year.

JediTricks
05-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Steve added the other 4 figures right after I posted. :p

Straight up reissue of ROTS Pilot Obi-Wan - too soon, way too soon.

Straight up reissue of ROTS Droideka - what's the damn point of this if they're doing a modified, shield-carrying Droideka in the main line?!?

ROTS Chewie - I can't tell if it has any changes or not, but it never impressed me much to begin with. It's not exactly unwelcome, but I would have greatly preferred the Chewie from the Early Bird Kit (VOTC body with ANH head).

ROTS Saesee Tiin with new robe - meh, not my first choice of ROTS Jedi, but whatever.

501st Clone - oh man, this thing is going to make collectors so mad, it's the ROTS #06 quick-draw body again (no waist articulation) #38 AT-TE Gunner with an incredibly sloppy deco. I guess this is a sloppy reissue of the ROTS Jedi Temple Assault battle pack version, but what's the point of doing it wrong again?!?

JediTricks
05-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Notice they are showing the AT-TE gunner mold for this one! I think most of us were under the distinct impression that Hasbro would use the #41 mold for this one now.

If it's that horrid AT-TE gunner mold, then I'm passing. I can't stand that mold. The arms pop off at the elbows to easy and the one arm (right) is off kilter. Heck even a kit-bashed 501st made from the lower half of the AT-TE gunner and the upper half of the #41 would be fine. Removable helmet or no. Though I think I'd prefer the standard head (non-removable helmet).Dang, you're right, that does appear to be the AT-TE Gunner mold! You can even see his stupid chin a little in both pics. What a waste, that thing's got so many problems.

Old Fossil
05-09-2007, 06:25 PM
These sure will look pretty on store pegs. Good thing, too, 'cause they're gonna sit there a looooooooooooooong time.

Battle Droid
05-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Site isn't working, anyone got the pics?

bigbarada
05-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I definitely pick up that Boba Fett, maybe a couple of them.

I'm kind of wishing they had just gone with a "clean" orange pauldroned Sandtrooper. I dont' like this super-dirty version, it looks like he spent the day cleaning up Dewback droppings.

I'm going to keep my eye out for a Leia with a decent paint application on her face, considering how none of the TSC versions of her seemed to have one. :frus:

Everything else can rot on the pegs as far as I'm concerned. They rerelease that EP3 piece of crap Chewie, but don't rerelease the VOTC Chewie? :rolleyes:

pegger
05-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Boba...and that's it.

Kidhuman
05-09-2007, 09:08 PM
These sure will look pretty on store pegs. Good thing, too, 'cause they're gonna sit there a looooooooooooooong time.

They have to clear the s#$t thats still left from last year on the pegs here.

I cant believe they are releasing that Obi-Wan again

I might buy the Fett, but will also buy some sandtroopers and maybe a 501st or 2. That damn AT-TE gunner mold is horrid

Jargo
05-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I think - it's all poop.

if the sandtrooper had been issued with a clean appearance and maybe just the odd fleck of dirt in the corners of the armour I might have bought it. terd wrestling trooper just doesn't cut it for me.

the rest all suck. well no, the boba fett is a good figure. already have my fett quota though and don't need any of the stuff there really. and I'm not sure i'd call any of those figures a legend. bit of a misnomer there.

waboritas
05-09-2007, 09:24 PM
They are a bunch of leftovers re-packaged. Whatever happened to putting basic figures on clearance? Not sure what the deal is, but I am at a point that empty pegs are better than TSC pegwarmers as at least you know they are going to get filled at some point.....maybe????? I think I may just order Waves 3 and 4 from EE or Star Wars Shop as gas is too damn expensive to be running around on these wild goose chases. My time is money too.

UKWildcat
05-09-2007, 11:28 PM
I think - it's all poop.

I echo this statement. Definitely passing on all of it.

figrin bran
05-10-2007, 12:21 AM
What i want to know is why Boussh is a part of this line when you can still buy it for less in the TAC line?

According to someone in the know on another forum, the 501st pic is not a final production photo and it will be an SA sculpt.

That and a Fett are the only ones i'll buy from this wave. unfortunately i probably won't find as many 501st clones as i want.

jedi master sal
05-10-2007, 12:39 AM
What i want to know is why Boussh is a part of this line when you can still buy it for less in the TAC line?

According to someone in the know on another forum, the 501st pic is not a final production photo and it will be an SA sculpt.

That and a Fett are the only ones i'll buy from this wave. unfortunately i probably won't find as many 501st clones as i want.

Well if Hasbro wants my (and many other peoples) business, they WILl release teh 501st trooper in the #41 mold. If it's that dang AT-TE gunner mold, I'm passing on them all. And gawd I hope there's no "dirt" on the feet this time too!

bigbarada
05-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Anyone know what wave the Biker Scout is getting rereleased in?

Luuuuuuke
05-10-2007, 12:22 PM
I might get two Sandtroopers but that's it. I'm 501sted out. Plus I'm not a MOC collector so these releases are mostly meaningless to me unless it's a chance to get something I missed out on earlier.

Battle Droid
05-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Anyone know what wave the Biker Scout is getting rereleased in?

Wave 4.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Saga_Legends_Complete_Details_101680.asp

JediTricks
05-10-2007, 04:43 PM
These sure will look pretty on store pegs. Good thing, too, 'cause they're gonna sit there a looooooooooooooong time.Yeah, it's going to be awful by the end of this year suffering through miles of these pegwarmers.

I'm kind of wishing they had just gone with a "clean" orange pauldroned Sandtrooper. I dont' like this super-dirty version, it looks like he spent the day cleaning up Dewback droppings.Yeah, this thing is super dirty, I think they saw the votes for the Evo trooper as some sort of fan edict, but I don't believe that's the case. Then again, if they stick with the TSC Sandtrooper mold (which I firmly hope they do) then we already have a fairly "clean" version of that, just need an orange pauldron. Wouldn't it be nice if they just released a single TSC Sandtrooper with a moderate deco and 3 different colored pauldrons? Oh, if only...

Everything else can rot on the pegs as far as I'm concerned. They rerelease that EP3 piece of crap Chewie, but don't rerelease the VOTC Chewie? :rolleyes:I totally agree, we get Wookiee Rage Chewie which not that many people really cared for but the relatively hard to find VOTC one gets ignored. Lame.

What i want to know is why Boussh is a part of this line when you can still buy it for less in the TAC line?You mean the TSC line, right? It's a good point, this figure is still on shelves on original card, they could at least wait 6 more months.

According to someone in the know on another forum, the 501st pic is not a final production photo and it will be an SA sculpt. We'll see, but don't assume that's the case anymore, the claim of the SA41 sculpt is from RS's story which lists Bespin Chewie in this wave when it no longer is.

JetsAndHeels
05-10-2007, 04:46 PM
I'll take Boba Fett and I say fark the rest.

jedi master sal
05-10-2007, 04:57 PM
RS just announced that there will be a running change to both the 501st trooper and the Sandtrooper.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Saga_Legends_Mystery_Solved_105717.asp

The 501st I'm not sure what's up with that. It's not clear what the running change is. Maybe the art deco. To match teh battle pack assortment and then the single card assortment. the change would be striped down the leg or no stripes down teh leg. (That's a guess)

The Sandtrooper change is an orange paulron Sandy with less dirt, ala the EVo Sandtrooper.

So we are kind of getting what we want... it sounds like... maybe....heh.

LTBasker
05-10-2007, 05:34 PM
They say the running change to the 501st will be to the SA sculpt so the first release will either be the tank gunner sculpt as the promo image shows or the ROTS #6 sculpt.

Jargo
05-10-2007, 05:53 PM
why does the sandtrooper have to have any dirt at all? it's a stormtrooper wearing a pauldron. a rank addition to uniform not a location specific thing. what if someone wants pauldron wearing troopers on a different planet location they'll have terd all over the troopers.

i detest the terdish weathering hasbro applies to figures. they never get it right and it just messes up good figures. why can't they just use their damn minds for once and realise it's the decent sculpts people want not the same terdish look as the last time it was released. why else did people vote for it hmmm. and less dirty is still too dirty.

y'know what, if they did a stormtrooper with that sculpt and gave it a removable pauldron, a backpack, a rifle and baster it'd be sweet. you could have the choice as to how you want your troopers deployed. a running change would be a different colour on the pauldron. stormtrooper or sandtrooper in one easy switch. but no that's too easy. instead they have to take a good sculpt and trash it by smearing it in terd.

boo hiss.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-10-2007, 07:38 PM
y'know what, if they did a stormtrooper with that sculpt and gave it a removable pauldron, a backpack, a rifle and baster it'd be sweet. you could have the choice as to how you want your troopers deployed. a running change would be a different colour on the pauldron. stormtrooper or sandtrooper in one easy switch. but no that's too easy. instead they have to take a good sculpt and trash it by smearing it in terd.
If you feel so inclined, you can take the one from the Capture of the Tantive IV Battlepack and give it the accessories from the Evolutions sets. They also did something similar with a different sculpt in the ANH tin set in that it's a clean sandtrooper with removable gear.

I'll probably get the Sandtrooper since it's a somewhat new figure, and then wait for the changed 501st Trooper and get a few of those. This wave isn't great, so I'll just mainly be waiting for the later stuff.

Jargo
05-10-2007, 08:47 PM
why would I buy a multi-pack to get a single figure from it? That makes no sense whatsoever. we're talking about a figure that came from a multipack here to be given the carded singularly treatment to make it more available and rather than improving it for mass release and possible army building purposes they've just shoved out the same thing. they know people will buy multiples of good troopers so why shove the carp all over them and render them location specific?

figrin bran
05-10-2007, 11:01 PM
You mean the TSC line, right? It's a good point, this figure is still on shelves on original card, they could at least wait 6 more months.

oops, yes i did mean TSC and not TAC :p

They say the running change to the 501st will be to the SA sculpt so the first release will either be the tank gunner sculpt as the promo image shows or the ROTS #6 sculpt.

that's bunk. so where's that "hasbro you have alienated collectors for the last time?" thread??? i already have too many of the AT-TE sculpt 501st and was looking forward to SA versions. i have 2 Appos but have never seen any on the pegs.

Kidhuman
05-10-2007, 11:19 PM
The thing with the Sandtrooper is that I have a bunch of them already and there arent many in the movie to begin with, so I dont need anymore. Was the orange pauldron one released years ago or am I mistaken? I might get that if I dont have it yet.

jedi master sal
05-11-2007, 08:28 AM
The thing with the Sandtrooper is that I have a bunch of them already and there arent many in the movie to begin with, so I dont need anymore. Was the orange pauldron one released years ago or am I mistaken? I might get that if I dont have it yet.

Yeah, I agree with KH here. There's been plenty of Sandtrooper releases. I've got enough. I might get one or two of these.

Now had they been clean versions AND removing the paulron would make them regular Stormtroopers, I'd have been on them like stink on ....well you know.

As for the 501st trooper, I'll pass on all AT-TE sculpts and get the SA sculpt when found.

Snowtrooper
05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm also pretty well loaded down with TSC Sandtroopers, although some may get converted into just regular stormtroopers. I'll most likely pick up few of these just to have a few different "dirty variations" in my sandtrooper squad.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
why does the sandtrooper have to have any dirt at all? Because it's a Sandtrooper. You are right that it is just a stormtrooper with a pauldron that could be sent anywhere. However, these are scene specific figures. They are on a sandy planet, so are likely to get dirty with all the sand and dust blowing around.

mabudonicus
05-13-2007, 10:40 AM
KH- the first Sandtrooper in POTF2 was indeed orange pauldroned (is pauldroned a word??) The white/light grey pauldron (the one that, rather than muddy, was oversprayed with brown/orange on the whole front which made him look likea well baked lemon meringue pie- bought him for I think 10 cents at a garage sale :)) came with the Dewback slightly after that and had that crazy bow-legged stance (which I comicaly exploit to make "Sandtrooper- Desert Relief" diorama sometimes)

Just addin that in heresince ya asked Bro
:beard: Iso & Baws
Jargo HATES the terd troopers- I rather agree with him.

LTBasker
05-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Actually it was the black pauldron Sandtrooper that came with the dewback, the white pauldron Sandtrooper came with the cardboard cantina playset.

Really they should just make one Sandtrooper and include all the pauldrons with him...

Old Fossil
05-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Actually it was the black pauldron Sandtrooper that came with the dewback...

Really? My 2 dewback riders have grey pauldrons.

Qui-Long Gone
05-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Not a very exciting line....I'll pick up the Fett and Sandtrooper although I really don't need either......?????

Good thing they have another Obi, it's not like we've had a chance to nab that one!

mabudonicus
05-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah, that's the ticket, the grey one is the Dewback rider, white one (repaint of the orange basic fig one) is the cardboard cantina one most definitely

There WAS an issue of folks buying the cardboard set (and maybe the dewback, it's been a while eh?), swapping out the trooper and returning it tho, so different coloured ones appeared in place of the ones issued with the packs sometimes
:beard: Iso & Baws
Cappy and his wife have twins

Jargo
05-14-2007, 11:59 AM
they could do with releasing the patrol droid with the sandtrooper. maybe change how it 'floats' but it's a cool little droid. and it would be nice to get something a bit different with a sandtrooper.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I just noticed that the Sandtrooper builder pack had clean sculpts of the POTJ version, each with a different colored pauldron. I missed out on that set though, as well as all of the other similar sets (Rebel Trooper, Endor Trooper, Stormtrooper).

LTBasker
05-14-2007, 08:14 PM
they could do with releasing the patrol droid with the sandtrooper. maybe change how it 'floats' but it's a cool little droid. and it would be nice to get something a bit different with a sandtrooper.

That would be cool, with all the crevices on a Sandtrooper backpack they could just have a clear plastic rod held between some of those or in a hidden hole.

Or it could just have the stand from the Cam Droid that came with AOTC Orn Free Taa.