PDA

View Full Version : Which Star Wars character needs the most therapy?

stillakid
05-13-2007, 10:25 AM
The go-to character is Anakin, with the god-awful Hayd-akin incarnation providing multiple bipolar personalities within single scenes...

But who else would be a candidate for the couch? Old Ben has some failure issues to deal with, even in ghost world. ROTJ leaves Leia's character smiling, but underneath, she's got daddy/torture issues that will definitely come up later on. Luke faced the dragon, but he did get a smooch from sis and had the hots for her for awhile. Threepio is a wound up ball of New York City angst.

Anybody else?

Old Fossil
05-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Well, Palpatine/Sidious definitely has some issues. At the very least, he'd make for a good graduate study subject.

Manipulative, power-hungry, possibly psychotic. Definitely has little regard for life; willing to go to any lengths to achieve his goals. I guess he's a sociopath, though I'm not exactly sure of the definition.

He's come to admire power and control. Perhaps he sees his brutality and ruthlessness as valuable personal traits; and when refined with, say, cunning and subtlety and patience, he sees himself as a nearly unstoppable force in the universe.

Heck, maybe Sidious was so far gone that no amount of therapy could help him to function in harmony with society...

Okay, bad example. Never mind.

CaptainSolo1138
05-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Lando. The guy's an alcoholic poon hound.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Yoda. All those years alone in the swamp made him goofy.

figrin bran
05-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Definitely Padme

bobafrett
05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Luke with father abondonment issues.

Tycho
05-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Lobot: the dude had to be lobotamized and equipped with computer-controlled-brain-monitors in order to help him deal with his hair loss. I rest my case.

Qui-Long Gone
05-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Boba Fett....saw Daddy get de-helmeted by a black jedi so he's probably a racist, no known mother figure so he probably is closet gay, millions of half-wit clone 'brothers' so he probably has severe middle child issues...and worst of all, he has to have a Diva complex with all the overated love he gets from us fans....

pbarnard
05-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Jar-Jar Binks. He's never been the same since crashin' the Boss' heyblibber.

If it's across the whole EU, than Mara Jade as written by KJA. She loses all her strength and becomes a vapid waste.

Qui-Long Gone
05-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Anakin's father could use some therapy.....:D

Slicker
05-15-2007, 05:14 AM
Definitely Luke.

He's a whiny bi*ch, plain and simple.

bigbarada
05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
R2-D2 - All the pressure of being counted on to save the day in every Star Wars film led to his near nervous breakdown during the Holiday Special. Let's not even mention having to listen to Anakin whining for like 15 years - Threepio must have seemed like a breath of fresh air in comparison. Fortunately he was able to pull himself back together in time to save our heroes as they were trying to escape Cloud City.

All that time soaking in the mud on Dagobah must have done him some good.:yes:

Qui-Long Gone
05-15-2007, 11:24 PM
If the younglings had survived 66 they would have needed some serious couch time....

Also, most all of Vadar's admirals were fairly jumpy, like a puppy that's been hit too much....perhaps some sessions could have given them the confidence necessary to avoid the choke...

Mad Slanted Powers
05-16-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm thinking Wedge has some serious survivor's guilt, consider he left the trench while Biggs stayed and got blown up.

Tycho
05-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Oh, I think Tycho has some serious problems.

He sniffs Mouse Droids, thinks every action the government takes is part of a vast conspiracy to betray all civilization, believes everyone is a hypocrite and a False (opposite) of whatever they claim to be. He writes about crazy dreams he has and might still be affected by his serious brain injury he had almost 2 years ago. Not to mention he rebels against anyone he perceives to be an authority figure. And perhaps due to autism or something, he compiles long, long lists of various minutia almost no one else cares about.

El Chuxter
05-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Noa. He was stuck on Endor for about 20-30 years with no human contact. And, to top it all off, he only came for the nachos.

pbarnard
05-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Tarkin. Imagine listening to Tagge and Motti snipe at each other all day. Left the red headed dominatrix in a black hole cluster, wrote a doctrine based on the use of lethal force and fear, and had to wear the clothing casted off by soldiers 35 years earlier?

Qui-Long Gone
05-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Owen and Beru probably needed family therapy raising the son of their step-brother they only met once...

2-1B
05-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Noa. He was stuck on Endor for about 20-30 years with no human contact. And, to top it all off, he only came for the nachos.

...but he stayed for the Teek...

Tycho
05-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Caesar posting reminded me that it might be great to have a follow-thread entitled "Which Star Wars forumite needs the most therapy?" :D

El Chuxter
05-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Caesar posting reminded me that it might be great to have a follow-thread entitled "Which Star Wars forumite needs the most therapy?" :D

Tycho.

:)

Tycho
05-17-2007, 02:51 AM
Me and my Mouse Droids and all my personalities thank you, Chuxter.

I am thinking about launching my campaign to be named the official site psychopath!

Qui-Long Gone
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I think my X girlfriend already has that site Tycho....