PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Honor Guard Review

Engineernerd
05-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey all,

Engineernerd again. Good News and Bad News this week. Bad news first. This is the last of the new figures I've managed to get my hands on. So, unless something drastic happens, I won't have a new (Star Wars) review for awhile.

Good news, I've got pics and thoughts on the Rebel Honor Guard. Check them out here:

http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/rebel_honor_guard.asp

Enjoy!
Engineernerd

Jargo
05-17-2007, 09:12 PM
read your review. I'm of the opinion they should have done a general Veers and sculpted a cap on his head under that helmet so you could have two figures from the one and thus move more units of an essentially bland figure.

that said he has nicer articulatin than the RFT and has a working holster. plus he doesn't have tiny geisha girl feet like the RFT.
I'm more impressed with this figure over all than I was or am with the RFT. I feel more compelled to buy this guy. which if he turns into a pegwarmer is going to be good news for me.

we really only need this guy released wearing a cap and the rebel ground crewman to have a complete set of yavin base troopers. in fact I could see a small vehicle set with those two guys and the hangar transport sled. but then coz I just said that it'll never happen........

jedi master sal
05-20-2007, 11:35 AM
read your review. I'm of the opinion they should have done a general Veers and sculpted a cap on his head under that helmet so you could have two figures from the one and thus move more units of an essentially bland figure.

that said he has nicer articulatin than the RFT and has a working holster. plus he doesn't have tiny geisha girl feet like the RFT.
I'm more impressed with this figure over all than I was or am with the RFT. I feel more compelled to buy this guy. which if he turns into a pegwarmer is going to be good news for me.

we really only need this guy released wearing a cap and the rebel ground crewman to have a complete set of yavin base troopers. in fact I could see a small vehicle set with those two guys and the hangar transport sled. but then coz I just said that it'll never happen........

Mr. DP, I agree. A hat accessory with this fig would have made it even better. The Rebel Hangar Crew is different though than this fig, so a simple paint change wouldn't suffice.

I've only seen this fig once at stores. Wave two still isn't really shipping all that much, so none of them are really pegging all that bad. I really don't see this guy pegging too hard later either. Though he is supposed to ship in later cases. Like you said though, if he does peg, then great for me too. I'm looking to get between 20-40 of these. With the hat accessory, I'd have bought closer to 60....

Devo
05-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Its one of my favourite figures of recent times. Never expected to get it so it was a pleasant surprise in that respect and, wide-stance excepted, its done really well. Besides a bit of clear band solves the leg issue just fine. I for one love these 'boring' figures.