PDA

View Full Version : Bionic Woman

plasticfetish
05-15-2007, 03:58 AM
So, NBC is looking to build a better, faster, stronger version of the old Bionic Woman series, and it's being done by "Battlestar Galactica" executive producer David Eick.

Here's a little more info...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32607

...and here's a clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FCyW1BynT8

The clip looks good. I'm not a huge fan of the whole old show remake idea, but Galactica has been a lot of fun, and this could turn out to be a winner. I like that they decided to do the Bionic Woman, and not the Bionic Man.

Seems that Katie (Starbuck) Sackhoff plays a villain, which explains why they wrote her out of BSG for a while.

JEDIpartner
05-15-2007, 10:48 AM
I was gonna comment about Katie Sackhoff being in that. I'm sitll gonna miss Lindsay Wagner. She had charm and spunk! :(

El Chuxter
05-15-2007, 12:01 PM
A little over a week ago, I got to watch a test pilot for a comedy they were considering called "Business Class." It reminded me a lot of Arrested Development, and would easily have been the best comedy on TV. But NBC, using logic that comedies aren't popular anymore (never mind that most of the ones on right now suck), decided to go with all scifi and fantasy dramas. I'm still a bit shocked that this particular show wasn't green-lit. I guess they decided that dredging up a turd like Bionic Woman was enough comedy for an entire network for a whole season. What's next? A remake of Greatest American Hero? It was bad enough when the movies were all s***ty remakes, without it affecting TV as well.

Qui-Long Gone
05-16-2007, 12:42 AM
This show could be a big winner....

figrin bran
05-16-2007, 01:27 AM
i'll give it a chance. i think the time slot will be Wednesdays at 9 pm so that'll give me something to watch before Lost.

JEDIpartner
05-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Well... if it starts at the beginning of the season, you won't need to worry about LOST since that's not coming back until the end of January 2008.

Kidhuman
05-16-2007, 10:00 AM
A little over a week ago, I got to watch a test pilot for a comedy they were considering called "Business Class." It reminded me a lot of Arrested Development, and would easily have been the best comedy on TV. But NBC, using logic that comedies aren't popular anymore (never mind that most of the ones on right now suck), decided to go with all scifi and fantasy dramas. I'm still a bit shocked that this particular show wasn't green-lit. I guess they decided that dredging up a turd like Bionic Woman was enough comedy for an entire network for a whole season. What's next? A remake of Greatest American Hero? It was bad enough when the movies were all s***ty remakes, without it affecting TV as well.

I would welcome a remake of the Greatest American Hero. I liked that show.

JediTricks
05-16-2007, 05:07 PM
This sounds mega-lame, and I bet NBC cancels it after 6 episodes. NBC has no clue what they're doing anymore.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-24-2007, 02:48 AM
I'll check it out. I'd think that it could potentially be better than the original. Actually, I don't remember details about the original, but several years ago I did see Six Million Dollar Man reruns on Sci-Fi Channel. Most of them seemed kind of boring compared to what I remembered.

Qui-Long Gone
05-24-2007, 10:17 AM
I hold that the series has potential....providing she doesn't run in "slow-motion" to give her the bionic effect...

OC47150
05-31-2007, 04:55 PM
After watching the full four-minute trailer, I have high hopes for the show.

Jargo
06-04-2007, 09:49 PM
oooh a british bionic woman. tralala.

she used to be in long running BBC soap 'Eastenders' the dourest slice of television ever created. thank god she's got a break.

Qui-Long Gone
06-05-2007, 08:06 PM
What parts are officially bionic on the Woman...and is there room for upgrades?

Mad Slanted Powers
06-05-2007, 09:03 PM
What parts are officially bionic on the Woman...and is there room for upgrades?
Based on the clip I saw, her legs, right arm, eye and ear. In the 70's series, she didn't have the bionic eye.

Jargo
06-09-2007, 08:40 AM
hmmm looking at the full preview she kicks serious booty.

did i hear correctly when the prof said she had anthracites in her system? isn't anthracite a form of man made coal? hmmm. her american accent is decent though and the previes showed her running in speeded up motion not slo-mo. kinda smallville clark kent style.

one to watch I think. oh yes.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-09-2007, 10:13 AM
isn't anthracite a form of man made coal? hmmm.It is coal, but not man-made.

Kidhuman
07-28-2007, 01:25 AM
I saw a preview of it today when watching the Simpsons Movie. In the beginning they do this thing called first look. I thought it looked really interesting and I will tune into it.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-16-2007, 02:22 AM
This was from my New TV Season thread, but figured I should post in here and get this thread back on the radar as the premiere approaches.

Okay, not sure if this is available everywhere, but Time-Warner Cable has the pilot of Bionic Woman on On-Demand. Mrs Chux was curious and wanted to watch it this morning.

It is bad.

I'm not talking Heroes or Buffy here, where it's merely a case of "this did not appeal to me." No, Bionic Woman is frigging awful. The acting is ridiculous, the basic premise is weak, and there are plot holes so massive that a Death Star, Unicron, and a Borg Cube could all cruise through at one time without even being noticed. (I could list some of the bigger problems, but the episode hasn't aired, and I'd rather be sensitive to anyone who might want to waste an hour on this and not be spoiled.)

Yeah, this one really and truly sucks.
My Comcast On Demand had it available as well and I watched it tonight. I thought it was okay, and look forward to seeing more episodes. No plot holes leaped out at me. There are certainly some questions to be answered, but that is often the case with these sorts of shows. I too, will wait until after the premiere to discuss the specifics of the show.

BanthaPoodoo
09-18-2007, 05:42 PM
I saw the pilot about a month ago & rewatched it again this week, and let me say, it is going to be an awesome show.

They show some great special effects. Pretty good twist on the whole show too, its not like the previous run of Bionic Woman.

Don't want to ruin it for anyone, but let me just say people on the show arent what they seem, as you find out later in the show!!!!

Can't wait for episode 2!!!

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 06:14 PM
People aren't what they seem?

So is the Bionic Woman not the biggest idiot in the history of humanity?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-18-2007, 07:55 PM
People aren't what they seem?

So is the Bionic Woman not the biggest idiot in the history of humanity?No, she is not.

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Yeah, you're right. There's got to be someone out there who can't tie his own shoes. But it's pretty incredibly moronic to say, "Hey, I just got kidnapped by some super-secret organization who rebuilt me as a cyborg after one of their agents tried to kill me, and I was able to escape. What do I do now? I know! I'll go home and return to work as if nothing happened! No way any of them will find me!"

I mean, give me a damned break. That's right up there with any of the stupidity from Batman and Robin.

I guess it's a good thing she's also incredibly lucky, being able to, with only one bionic arm and no training whatsoever, defeat a hardened assassin with two arms to provide super-strength.

What, is that Mr Freeze sharing a cell in Arkham with Poison Ivy, while provided full combat armor?

:rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
09-18-2007, 08:07 PM
You may have a point with the second spoiler, but I think you may have missed something on the first one. If I remember correctly, I believe that is what her boyfriend told her to do.

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 08:10 PM
I may indeed have missed something, since about that time, it seemed more interesting to do the dishes and devote only half my attention to it. But isn't it still incredibly stupid to trust a guy in that situation?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-18-2007, 09:02 PM
I may indeed have missed something, since about that time, it seemed more interesting to do the dishes and devote only half my attention to it. But isn't it still incredibly stupid to trust a guy in that situation?
Not the way it was presented.

figrin bran
09-27-2007, 01:33 AM
I thought it was okay...enough so that I'll keep on watching for the time being. I knew Kara/Starbuck from BSG would be on this show but I was surprised to see Chief Tyrol show up.

plasticfetish
09-27-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, I agree... "okay" pretty much sums it up.

We forgot it was on, and missed the first 20, but I'm sure we didn't miss much. The whole thing seems pretty mediocre. I'm not wild about the production value, and the overall tone of the show is sort of bland.

I'll also tune in next time and just hope that it picks up a little as things move along.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-27-2007, 02:43 AM
Yeah, you're right. There's got to be someone out there who can't tie his own shoes. But it's pretty incredibly moronic to say, "Hey, I just got kidnapped by some super-secret organization who rebuilt me as a cyborg after one of their agents tried to kill me, and I was able to escape. What do I do now? I know! I'll go home and return to work as if nothing happened! No way any of them will find me!"

I mean, give me a damned break. That's right up there with any of the stupidity from Batman and Robin.

I may indeed have missed something, since about that time, it seemed more interesting to do the dishes and devote only half my attention to it. But isn't it still incredibly stupid to trust a guy in that situation?Now that it has aired, I'll address this more directly. This guy would have been the father of her child had she not lost it in the accident. She was angry with him, but he also explained to her that it would be better to just go back home and try to be normal while he tried to figure things out. She had to take care of her sister, so she couldn't just disappear. She'd have to explain what happened if she tried to take her sister on the run with her.

Some of the events may be a bit fuzzy to me as well now because I didn't bother to rewatch it tonight, so it has been over a week since I've seen it. However, I look forward to seeing new episodes.

Kidhuman
09-27-2007, 07:14 AM
I thought it was ok, I will continue to watch.

El Chuxter
09-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Now that it has aired, I'll address this more directly. This guy would have been the father of her child had she not lost it in the accident. She was angry with him, but he also explained to her that it would be better to just go back home and try to be normal while he tried to figure things out. She had to take care of her sister, so she couldn't just disappear. She'd have to explain what happened if she tried to take her sister on the run with her.

And that makes her not an idiot how exactly? I know that when I realize my lover has almost gotten me killed and rebuilt me into a cyborg, my first instinct is to go and **** her.

If this show isn't canned, then A) I have serious doubts about the future of television (not that I have any faith in the medium to begin with), and B) I'm betting the sister knows within a month anyway.

jedibear
09-27-2007, 11:45 AM
If I had too give it a letter grade, I'd say a "C"....

For an "origin" story, it did seem rushed and abbreviated...I hope that's the case, otherwise it's just poorly written with lots of lapses in sense and logic (some pointed out be folks here already)...

There's no chemistry between the doc and Jamie...their scenes together felt stilted and forced, especially the love scene...it felt creepy, not intimate.

Sackoff does very good "bad girl"...yes, the villains are often more interesting but usually there is a balance...not here. Not yet anyway. I wouldn't necessarily blame the lead just yet, but she came across pretty weak here.

The annoying sister has GOT to go...if not death then at least boarding school ...:)

An PLEASE! NO MORE FAKE, PHONY, CHEAP-LOOKING, TIRED, BORING WIREWORK!!! At least the running scenes were done with some creativity and panache...

Well, it WAS just the pilot and the show's "behind the scenes" difficulties have been well-documented. Here's hoping a shakedown gets this in gear quickly...

How long does everybody think it will take before the cheap-shot guest star appearances by Lee Majors and Lindsay Wagner start? Bigfoot or Fembots anyone?
I'll give it a couple more tries....

che,che,che,che,che,che......

El Chuxter
09-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Y'know, as I think more about this (and a lot of other shows of this nature), I realize something:

I love stupid "popcorn" movies and shows. I prefer stuff that's intellectually challenging, but I can shut my brain down and have fun.

It's when the "popcorn" pretends it's something more, but doesn't come anywhere close to achieving anything more, that these shows and movies fail so miserably.

BTW, a savvy writer would've had several chances to put in clever nods to the original that wouldn't have slowed down the story or stuck out. Like maybe someone's phone could ring with the stupid old "bionic jumping" sound effect. Or why does she have fifty million dollars worth of bionics rather than six million? Those two are just off the top of my head, and I never watched the original.

JetsAndHeels
09-27-2007, 12:14 PM
It was decent..not terrible, but not great.

I liked the fight scene towards the end on the roof in the rain..that was pretty cool. The rest of the episode...eh, okay I guess.

I will watch it again next week. Hopefully things will be more exciting now that the pilot is out of the way.

JEDIpartner
09-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I didn't bother to tune in. *shrug*

JediTricks
09-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Didn't even bother giving it a glance.

OC47150
09-27-2007, 08:35 PM
I thought the second half hour was better than the first.

Too many blasted commericals. It moved a little too fast during the first 20 minutes.

But I'll keep watching. : )

Qui-Long Gone
09-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Didn't even bother giving it a glance.

Me too...something I could pretty much say for all the new shows....

**Thank God the Office is still worth watching....

plasticfetish
09-29-2007, 05:13 PM
So... we (me and the 9 year old) watched it again, and I'll admit that it was better overall now that we've seen it with the first 20 minutes. Seems to really fizzle out a bit after that whole surgery thing, and then there's the big fight, and that's about it.

This first one should have been two hours, and should have moved past the whole "how she became bionic" thing, into a genuine story... with some decent conflict. Seriously, show us how she became the bionic woman, and then move on to the important part, where you show us why we should keep tuning in each week. Why she's actually going to be this "hero" that they keep vaguely hinting at.

And... clichés are fine, and for the most part I expect them with a show like this, but they really needed to put something original and fresh into this first episode. Hopefully in the future we'll see something other than the whole "underground government lab, sinister villain that escapes from prison, rooftop battle" kind of thing that we just saw. F**k, the only thing that would have made that fight scene more of a cliché, would have been if it was raining... oh wait... it was. ;)

BountyHunterScum
10-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I watched most of it, cliche rehashed crap strikes again. They think T&A is the magic formula to successful tv HAHAHA right IDIOTS!!!! I'd taken dumps that were more entertaining than most of these crappy tv shows.

Jargo
10-04-2007, 08:44 AM
I hear it's been placed on the critical list already. facing a possible mid season cancellation. Shame because Michelle Ryan is a good actress and deserves a decent break. too bad she got into this. Hopefully if it flops she'll find a vehicle more suited to her abilities.

El Chuxter
10-04-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm hoping a lot of new NBC series get cancelled. Not out of any hatred for them or anything. But they only had one comedy on the list of new shows, which was released shortly before the programming director was essentially sacked for incompetence. And I was lucky to screen another comedy that wasn't picked up that could hopefully be a mid-season replacement, 'cause it was hella funny. Certainly a lot better than this Bionic Woman poop.

BountyHunterScum
10-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I hear it's been placed on the critical list already. facing a possible mid season cancellation. Shame because Michelle Ryan is a good actress and deserves a decent break. too bad she got into this. Hopefully if it flops she'll find a vehicle more suited to her abilities.

I saw some of last night's episode, it wreaked of episodes from other tv shows. High tech show character goes to small town only to find out some dumbassed evil plot. Viper did that too and so did Knight Rider.

Jargo
10-04-2007, 05:06 PM
ha, there's talk of a new version of knightrider with a transforming KITT. tis the era of sad ideas.

BountyHunterScum
10-04-2007, 07:50 PM
ha, there's talk of a new version of knightrider with a transforming KITT. tis the era of sad ideas.

Yeah just what we need more f-cked up ideas from the peanut gallery.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-04-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't know. I'm enjoying it so far.

Kidhuman
10-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I thnk its OK at best. It has potential to be really good if they go the right way. I will keep watching it until they totally pi55 me off.

BountyHunterScum
10-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Bionic Woman is headed down Bionic Terd Ave. NBC's hand is inching ever so close to the toilet handle. This close to cancelation.

plasticfetish
10-05-2007, 09:37 PM
I forgot to watch it again... which is a pretty good indicator of how interested I am. Network TV doesn't really do it for me anymore.

BountyHunterScum
10-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Even though Moonlight is a Forever Knight Inspiration it's still great. Moonlight is better than Forever Knight. I hope they don't cancel Moonlight.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-06-2007, 06:58 PM
I think NBC is repeating this week's episode tonight, and Sci-Fi channel showed it last night. Maybe it's a show that would have better success on that network. I guess if it gets cancelled, I can enjoy an extra free hour during the week.
Even though Moonlight is a Forever Knight Inspiration it's still great. Moonlight is better than Forever Knight. I hope they don't cancel Moonlight.I've been watching Moonlight as well. I wouldn't be as upset if it didn't last, but it's a decent show to watch between Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs. It has Jason Dohring (Logan from Veronica Mars) and Kevin Weisman (Marshall from Alias). I don't think I am familiar with the lead, Alex O'Loughlin, but perhaps he reminds me a bit of John Corbett.

BountyHunterScum
10-07-2007, 12:09 AM
I think NBC is repeating this week's episode tonight, and Sci-Fi channel showed it last night. Maybe it's a show that would have better success on that network. I guess if it gets cancelled, I can enjoy an extra free hour during the week.I've been watching Moonlight as well. I wouldn't be as upset if it didn't last, but it's a decent show to watch between Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs. It has Jason Dohring (Logan from Veronica Mars) and Kevin Weisman (Marshall from Alias). I don't think I am familiar with the lead, Alex O'Loughlin, but perhaps he reminds me a bit of John Corbett.

I'm currently trying to find out what brand of Sunglasses Mick wears in moonlight, he has wrap sunglasses he wore in the wannabe vampire professor's office and he also wore a pair of rectangular sunglasses at the cemetary. They have some weird 6 dots situated into a broken oval kind of logo. It can be seen in the two minute drill video on cbs innertube.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-07-2007, 12:20 AM
NBC must have changed their plans. The paper this morning said Heroes and Bionic Woman were on tonight, but the Office was on and the on-screen guide showed Chuck being on at 9pm.

BountyHunterScum
10-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Mick St John wears Blinde sunglasses, I'm not sure which model yet but I will know before too long.

OC47150
10-07-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm in the minority here, but I liked this week's episode, better than the first one. More action, more story. I'll keep tuning in.

I do think NBC made a mistake by not airing eps 1 and 2 together as a 2-hour movie. Yeah, that's kinda unheard of anymore, but it would've moved the plot along a little more and viewer interest.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm in the minority here, but I liked this week's episode, better than the first one. More action, more story. I'll keep tuning in.

I do think NBC made a mistake by not airing eps 1 and 2 together as a 2-hour movie. Yeah, that's kinda unheard of anymore, but it would've moved the plot along a little more and viewer interest.
I'm in the minority as well. I'm enjoying the show. It's not my favorite show, but I like it and look forward to more episodes.

Kidhuman
10-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Last nights episode was better than the other two. Interesting things happening. I know Jamie wont play when it comes to her sister. I was wondering if she could turn the camera back on and I guess she could.

OC47150
10-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Good episode.

I've been taping the Friday night ep's on Sci-Fi and enjoying more on Saturdays.

pegger
10-18-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm in the minority as well. I'm enjoying the show. It's not my favorite show, but I like it and look forward to more episodes.

I've tried watching it. All I can think is - "This is what they cancelled Jericho for?"

At least Jericho is coming back in the winter...

Mad Slanted Powers
10-18-2007, 08:27 PM
I've tried watching it. All I can think is - "This is what they cancelled Jericho for?"

At least Jericho is coming back in the winter...Bionic Woman is on NBC. Jericho is on CBS. It looks like Kid Nation is in it's Wednesday 8pm time slot.

pegger
10-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Bionic Woman is on NBC. Jericho is on CBS. It looks like Kid Nation is in it's Wednesday 8pm time slot.

All American stations are the same to me... ;)

So I retract....They cancelled Jericho for Kid Nation? Wow...CBS IS stupid.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-18-2007, 09:06 PM
All American stations are the same to me... ;)

So I retract....They cancelled Jericho for Kid Nation? Wow...CBS IS stupid.Indeed. I wouldn't have a problem with Bionic Woman in its place, but I have not interest in Kid Nation. I'm watching Pushing Daisies in that time slot now.

OC47150
10-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Kid Nation's not that bad.

I bet Viva Laughlin has a short live and Jericho or Amazing Race will be plugged into the time slot. The new AR has already been filmed.

OC47150
11-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Spoiler alert:

The coolest character on the show gets killed off. Why?

With the ratings and now the writer's strike, I think Bionic Woman is dead in the water. It wasn't a bad show but it didn't know what it wanted to be.

And how can Jamie always run in those heels?

plasticfetish
11-19-2007, 09:55 PM
It wasn't a bad show but it didn't know what it wanted to be.Which is pretty lame, seeing as how all they had to do was update an idea that had long ago been established as a hit.

OC47150
12-03-2007, 08:59 PM
I finally got caught up on the last two episodes I taped: the embassy outing and the spa trip. Enjoyed them both.

Both of these episodes reminded me of the original BW plots a little more. Deliver the brief case and have a relaxing weekend. I could see Oscar Goldman issuing those orders.

Unfortunately, I think the show is a goner. :yes:

Kidhuman
12-03-2007, 09:03 PM
YEah I agree, I dont think it will survive the writers strike. Hopefully they had alot of scripts written and can hopefully push it towards a 2nd season.