PDA

View Full Version : Tie Bombers & Snow Speeders Release Delayed?

Darkross
02-06-2002, 12:05 PM
I was just on BriansToys.com and noticed that the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder in their PRE-ORDER Section has a note stating that Hasbro has delayed production and shipment of these items. They used to have a March 2002 availability date on these. Is this true? Has Hasbro halted these vehicles? Does anyone know when they will be released if they have been delayed?

LTBasker
02-06-2002, 12:19 PM
They were supposed to be released in December but then were delayed and were supposed to come out around March or April, I haven't heard anything about another delay though. It might just be a delay on their stock, I think they don't order direct from Hasbro.

Beast
02-06-2002, 12:28 PM
I've had these two vehicles on order from Planet Action Figure since September or October. They have been delayed three times now. First they where supposed to come out about the same time as the B-Wing and TIE Inteceptor's hit Target and Toys R Us. Then they were pushed back to December, and then just recently was pushed back again til March, and now they have been pushed back again til April.

At this point who knows when these will hit, though April makes sense. Since Wal-Mart is going to have to expand an area for the E2 stuff, they will put the TIE Bomber and Crashed Snowspeeder on the shelf with the E2 stuff, hoping that they can sell them all and not have them sit at retail long. I just hope these two ships don't become like the Gungan Battle Wagon, which was also a Wal-Mart exclusive that was cancelled by the retailer. :(

I'm also expecting to hear any day that the AT-ST w/ Speeder Bike and Paploo is being pushed back until April. Planet Action Figure had this listed for Febuary release, and now is stating March. I don't think any of the stores want new Star Wars products until they have to carry them in April. Oh well, thats why I order my exclusives thru Planet Action Figure, no hastles with stores.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-06-2002, 01:08 PM
The AT-ST w/ Speeder Bike can be pushed back as far as the eye can see though, I mean it doesn't even come with an AT-ST driver...which would've been a good thing, especially if it had been a new sculpt. (It's not like they put alot of effort into the whole set...) I doubt the Snowspeeder and TIE Bomber will really be sitting, they're not as boring as the holo figures and hopefully they won't be under-ordered, and at $30, what kid and collector could resist these? I mean kids save up too. :D Plus hey, they're great fleet builders and I'm sure alot of customizers will be swarming for the chance to get extras of the snowspeeder. Now if only Luke & Dak had removeable helmets... that would make it the best vehicle/figure pack-in set ever. :D

Beast
02-06-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The AT-ST w/ Speeder Bike can be pushed back as far as the eye can see though, I mean it doesn't even come with an AT-ST driver...which would've been a good thing, especially if it had been a new sculpt. (It's not like they put alot of effort into the whole set...)

It's Hasbro, why would they include the driver. Heck, when they re-released the AT-ST when the line started in 1995 they didn't even have a figure for it. :rolleyes: It took until 1997, 2 years later before Hasbro finally decided to release an AT-ST driver figure, long after most stores no longer even carried the vehicle that he was meant for. See, I don't support Hasbro's decisions all the time. :) This was the first thing they ever did that made me scratch my head in confusion.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
02-06-2002, 01:24 PM
I don't know, but I hope it's not too much longer before these come out. If there is a delay, I hope its not long.

INDIANA
02-06-2002, 03:58 PM
I have been saying for a while that I FULLY expect these and the AT-ST to be delayed until fall at the earliest. When you consider the sheer number of toys that are currently scheduled to hit within the next 2 and a half months it's probably more than any other time in Hasbro history: 4 preview figures, the Jedi Starfighter, 3 (VERY SADLY) last POTJ, AT-ST, Snowspeeder, Tie Bomber, 25th Anniversary X-Wing, and then the flood on 4.23 (my walet hurts just thinking about it)!
Also, Hasblo and LFL are going to want us to spend our money on E2, not old Star Wars stuff that they can sell at any time.
I will not be at all surprised by another delay.

General Veers
02-06-2002, 06:10 PM
I heard that the two vehicles were coming out in march, but now I hear April. I don't blame Hasbro because in late April we will have so much EP2 stuff that we won't have any cash left to purchase any other stuff. I say a June/July release would be good for everyone.:)

mark2d2
02-07-2002, 03:29 AM
I'm sick of waiting for this dang TIE BOMBER. I will go simply Mad if this is pushed back to June or July. Mad I tell you. Mad. Mad! MAD!!!

yaddle yodas love pu
02-09-2002, 02:44 PM
I am just concerned (mostly about the long-awaited tie bomber) because items which get delayed, and they delayed again, and then delayed again sometimes get cancelled after the 5th or 6th delay....

hairless chewie
02-10-2002, 08:00 AM
Lets hope that they won't wind up as an overseas exclusive like that dang EOPIE!!!!!:frus:

Darkross
02-12-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by yaddle yodas love pu
I am just concerned (mostly about the long-awaited tie bomber) because items which get delayed, and they delayed again, and then delayed again sometimes get cancelled after the 5th or 6th delay....

They better not cancel this one...next to the Shuttle, the Tie Bomber is the ship that I've been waiting for...for a long time. I only wish that I could have had the Vintage Shuttle when I was a kid. Instead I've had to settle for a ERTL model. C'mon Hasbro, let us collectors know when and where the Tie Bombers are going to be released and don't delay it again!!!

Darkross
02-12-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Darkross

They better not cancel this one...next to the Shuttle, the Tie Bomber is the ship that I've been waiting for...for a long time. I only wish that I could have had the Vintage Shuttle when I was a kid. Instead I've had to settle for a ERTL model. C'mon Hasbro, let us collectors know when and where the Tie Bombers are going to be released and don't delay it again!!!

It's no wonder that I'm an Angry Loner!....Hasbro has done this to me!!

Darkross
02-14-2002, 09:46 AM
OK, yesterday I went to my local Wal-Mart here in Canada, and I asked the clerk to search their database for the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder exclusives. Twenty minutes later...the clerk came back and told me that they were not found in the system....meaning that Wal-Mart Canada will not be getting the Tie Bomber or Snowspeeder exclusives. A few weeks ago I checked with a US Wal-Mart and they were in the system for sure...but the clerk could not tell me when they would be for sale...since that information was not available yet.

Well for us Canucks....looks like were going to have to pay through the nose on these babies!:mad: Thanks alot Hasbro...you really have a way to please us Canadians!

stillakid
02-14-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Darkross
OK, yesterday I went to my local Wal-Mart here in Canada, and I asked the clerk to search their database for the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder exclusives. Twenty minutes later...the clerk came back and told me that they were not found in the system....meaning that Wal-Mart Canada will not be getting the Tie Bomber or Snowspeeder exclusives. A few weeks ago I checked with a US Wal-Mart and they were in the system for sure...but the clerk could not tell me when they would be for sale...since that information was not available yet.

Well for us Canucks....looks like were going to have to pay through the nose on these babies!:mad: Thanks alot Hasbro...you really have a way to please us Canadians!

They were pressured by the French to not offer any more exclusives to you. :sur:

Amanamike
02-14-2002, 12:44 PM
Now i wouldnt doubt that for a second!!!!

mark2d2
02-16-2002, 07:35 PM
HEY! Rebelscum has a update on their site saying that the release date of this is only weeks away. Hopefully, this is accurate. At any rate there are additional photos of the cockpit that reveal it to be what I think is the most detailed ever. Check it out!!!

sith_killer_99
02-16-2002, 11:19 PM
WOW, I am really stoked about this NEW ship. It does indeed look like 2002 will be a great year for vehicles.

Unfortunatly, the pilot looks like the piece of junk that came with the TIE Interceptor as an "Exclusive" pack-in figure.

Has anyone looked at the pics over at rebelscum.com the pilot is a joke. The front shot shows the emblems on the helmet, they are all miss aligned. What poor craftsmanship. And if it's anything like the TIE Int. pilot half the heads/helmets will be a bit deformed. AWEFUL!:frus:

Beast
02-16-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Unfortunatly, the pilot looks like the piece of junk that came with the TIE Interceptor as an "Exclusive" pack-in figure.
Has anyone looked at the pics over at rebelscum.com the pilot is a joke. The front shot shows the emblems on the helmet, they are all miss aligned. What poor craftsmanship. And if it's anything like the TIE Int. pilot half the heads/helmets will be a bit deformed. AWEFUL!:frus:
It's not just anything like the TIE Interceptor pilot pack in. Infact it's exactly the same as the TIE Interceptor pilot. :( Atleast with the TIE Bomber you can use the bendable knees. Hopefully one of these days we'll get a new sculpt and figure in the basic 4" line, like we have of the Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, and Biker Scouts.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-19-2002, 10:57 PM
Talked with a Wal-Mart stock boy the other weekend and he said their store isn't getting 1 new figure until April when Midnight Madness II begins. I guess that means there will be no Zutton or Bo Shek wave carried by them and the Snowspeeder and Bomber will not show their face until then. Bummer ! :cry:

Amanamike
02-20-2002, 01:15 AM
Ouch thats what it sounds like doesnt it?? I wonder if they will even release the BoShek wave till then?? I hope its sooner cause Im in a collecting funk right now. I need new stuff. I got so many xwing lukes and Bespin guards I could just choke!!!

mark2d2
02-20-2002, 06:12 PM
Hmmmm, that's interesting. But what about the sneak preview figures? Those are due out in March. So, you mean that Walmart won't get these. Somehow, I doubt that is the case. But one never knows . . .

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-22-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Hmmmm, that's interesting. But what about the sneak preview figures? Those are due out in March. So, you mean that Walmart won't get these. Somehow, I doubt that is the case. But one never knows . . .

I wouldn't doubt it coming from my Wal-Mart. I'd say since late August, there have only been 20 total days when POTJ figures have been on the pegs. All the rest of the days they have been bare. Of course the fact that the figs are $3 has something to do with it, but the orders have been coming in few and far between. They haven't stocked any of the deluxe figs plus they have skipped whole waves. I just hope that they are accumulating all of the overdue items and maybe I will see them in April.