PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Geeks or Jipp the Geeks?

LTBasker
02-06-2002, 11:14 AM
On this morning's episode they had the StarWars geek on there and the show itself really doesn't know it's StarWars trivia. I noticed around 3 questions that were answered correctly and not accepted or answered wrongly and accepted.

The first mistake I noticed the SW geek had to name members from Rogue Squadron and had to name at least 8 to beat the 7 male characters the challenger answered. She answered 7 valid responses when she really said 8, they didn't accept CRIX MADINE as a correct answer, they accepted "Dodonna" but they didn't accept "Crix" or "Crix Madine?" C'mon... Had they accepted it, she would've again protected her medal.

The second was about Admiral Ackbar, the question was something about a "squid like species" (can't remember it all) and the answer was either Admiral Ackbar or Mon Calamari, however, the real answer should've been 'Quarren' - the squidhead species. :D Granted Mon Calamari could be misleading, but the Mon Calamari take more after the fish, which is rather noticeable.

Then there was a question about which office did Senator Palpatine take next, and then challenger answered Chancellor, which they didn't accept and would only accept Emperor when really neither were wrong. Supreme Chancellor would've been correct. :) The challenger would've won too.

I just had to blow off some steam there. Did anyone else notice these? And am I the only one who's veins were about to burst at these moments? :rolleyes:

Wolfwood319
02-06-2002, 11:23 AM
I've never seen the show, but I can't imagine a show where contestants try to "outwit" a Star Wars geek in Star Wars trivia to be very good.

Relax, the important thing here, is that you know the correct answers. Don't have a stroke because of some game show.

LTBasker
02-06-2002, 12:01 PM
I can't help it though, especially since I'm only 15 and it's not like I can go sign up for the show. :( I know I shouldn't of gotten so aggravated over it, but truly if they're so technical about things, they really should've done a better job at checking in with that stuff.

Btw, they don't just try to outwit a Star Wars, she was just the special guest geek, usually the main geeks who are there on most of the shows is the TV geek, Music geek and Movie geek. The TV geek rules. :D

SithDroid
02-06-2002, 08:51 PM
LT Basker, I saw the show you are mentioning and have it taped somewhere. Don't ask my why. But let me help you out with a couple of things here.

1. It wasn't name members of Rogue Squadron that she had to do, it was male members in the rebel alliance. She did not get the correct amount and lost her medal. The challengers question was name anyone in the rebel alliance.

2. The second question was what species is Admiral Ackbar? Which the answer is Mon Calamari, unless I have been mislead all these years, hence she got it right.

3. I agree. The show should have accepted Chancellor, but the people who make up these questions aren't the smartest either. If I was the Movie geek I would have chimed in, "Hey no that is correct." That Movie Geek guy knows more stuff about movies than ayone ever should, he is awesome.

I hope this helps, and if I find the tape I'll see if I remembered everything correctly, but im pretty sure I did. If I'm wrong I'll post a correction.

LTBasker
02-07-2002, 12:34 AM
1. The challenger had to name male characters, and the geek had to name males in the rebel alliance, Crix Madine should have been accepted because he was a Rebel Alliance General. And Rogue Squadron pilots I think would've counted also because they are/were part of the Rebel Alliance.

2. "Name the squidlike species Admiral Ackbar belonds too" I do believe was the question, I know squidlike species was in it, but squidlike would most likely be the Quarren who have heads that look like squids, hence: Squidhead. Although I guess the judges/answer peeps didn't look into it and got confused with the "Calamari" part. The Mon Calamari do look a little like squids but I think they take mostly after fish.

3. I don't see why Chancellor wasn't just a duh, I mean Amidala calls him Chancellor Palpatine in the end of E1. :D

SithDroid
02-07-2002, 12:41 AM
Madine sould have been accepted. Yes you are right. But still, I believe she would only have tied and if she ties, she loses, so either way she lost. As for the squidlike question, if indeed that is how it was described, then that is the fault of the question makers themselves. Although I can see why they called him that, the large eyes on the sides of the face, as you said the name calamari throwing them off track. As for the Chancellor question, the judges are just plain stupid.

LTBasker
02-07-2002, 12:53 AM
Actually the challenger named 7, and if they had accepted Crix Madine as an answer then she would've gotten 8 answers...