PDA

View Full Version : SW W/E Exclusive Cantina Band

jonthejedi
05-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I wonder if these will be available by phone from Disney ala the Star Tours droids were???

DarkArtist
05-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Hasbro is really starting to **** me off with all these exclusives. You know if Hasbro wants to keep giving exclusives a chance then they should only be on the Hasbrotoyshop.com site and not spread out all of the world in various conventions, theme parks, and stores.

jedi master sal
05-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I wonder if these will be available by phone from Disney ala the Star Tours droids were???

Agree. I don't really need the figs, but the stands intrigue me. But to get only one isn't enough. If the stands look good, then I'd need 4-5 to fit the whole band.

Hasbro is really starting to **** me off with all these exclusives. You know if Hasbro wants to keep giving exclusives a chance then they should only be on the Hasbrotoyshop.com site and not spread out all of the world in various conventions, theme parks, and stores.

The whole point of exclusives if foot traffic for retailers. If they get an exclusive, then they know to a point they will get specific foot traffic from it. This is in hopes that not only will that customer buy the exclusive but other stuff as well. Then further hoping that customer will remain a customer of theirs, thereby making even more money off of them, indirectly through the exclusive.

I really don't like it either, so I'm not defening Hasbro on this. Just laying out the reality of it.

Exclusives aren't going to go away. So that's one reason to join a message board like this, to make friends with fellow collectors and everyone tries to help each other find stuff.

I'm sure most of you already know all of what I just said, but sometimes it needs repeating, especially if we have new members.

-Sal

Ephantmon
05-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I called WDW yesterday about them and they said that all the merchandise will only be available at the event then if there is left over afterward then they will sell it over the phone. I am going to call back on June 1st and ask again.

mtriv73
05-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Ugh! It's just different enough that I want it! But since I have no plans to be anywhere near Florida next month I'm basically **** out of luck.

Okay, who here lives in the Orlando area and has a season pass to Disney World? If you do, I'd love to trade for or buy a set of these from you.

jonthejedi
05-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Ephantmon...I called the Disney # this pm and they told me the same thing. We'll see...I wonder what they'll charge at the parks?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-17-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't really care about these. Maybe if they hadn't released the tin set of all five for $30 just six months ago then I'd want them, but the gimmick stand isn't really enough for me.

Qui-Long Gone
05-17-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm glad I got the tin set because you just know that in some places (like where I am) it will be impossible to find all five if you collected them seperately....

K M Toydarian
05-18-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm glad I got the tin set because you just know that in some places (like where I am) it will be impossible to find all five if you collected them seperately....
Especially since they will only be at DisneyWorld!:D
I agree though that if these had been a nationwide exclusive to someone like Walmart, finding all 5 would have been heck!

I wonder if Disney will have them prebundled together, or at least a bunch, ready to go like they did with the Vintage last time. And how much? A regular figure at Disney is 10 bucks. Ouch if they are more than that!

Lord Malakite
05-18-2007, 03:47 AM
Well, there is one minor positive about these at least. They don't have coins for the coin collectors to worry about.

JEDIpartner
05-18-2007, 10:23 AM
At least these figures were already available and the stands are the only new things... unlike the McQuarrie Droids. :upset:

jedi master sal
05-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Well, there is one minor positive about these at least. They don't have coins for the coin collectors to worry about.

Ah true dat.

Jargo
05-18-2007, 04:34 PM
meh. got me a full set of band members now couldn't care less for these. sooner keep my eyes open for a tin set and get more bith that way. probably just a couple of loose ones on ebay. custom fodder.

musical stands is just tacky anyway. sounds like the sort of thing old ladies collect.

LTBasker
05-18-2007, 05:06 PM
The stands would be kind of cool though, if you have a cantina diorama you can use them to make a stage for the band. Plus, while you're sitting there staring at your wonderful creation you don't have to hum the song yourself. :p

mark2d2
05-19-2007, 01:49 AM
I'd like a couple of these. I wonder if they will hit Disneyland? Why no love for California?

figrin bran
05-19-2007, 02:00 AM
if i'm not mistaken, some of the previous SW W/E exclusives were plush toys that eventually made their way over to Disneyland, albeit without any SW W/E tags/markings on them.

maybe we'll get these out here? i would like one to keep carded at the very least.

Lord Malakite
05-21-2007, 01:10 AM
i maybe we'll get these out here? i would like one to keep carded at the very least.
One? I wish it was that simple like with the original Fan Club exclusive Cantina Band Member. Its more like five to keep carded. :cross-eye Each individual band member will only come with one instrument, not all five (like in the Wal-Mart exclusive 5 figure tin set). To get all the instruments you'll have to buy a minimum of five figures. :tired:

Ephantmon
06-11-2007, 05:14 PM
it has been a while since this topic was touched. Can anyone here get me a set of these? I talked to DW again and the nice lady on the phone told me that they would only sell these over the phone after the weekends if there were any left over. Which I think even if I could order them afterwards, the chances of getting a correct full set would be very hard. Those guys don't care which instrument comes with the figure. I could see them just grabbing any 5 putting them in a box and shipping them off to me. I really don't want that, so someone please help me out. Thanks. Sorry about the rant

doch18
07-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Any more word about getting these over the phone? What number would I even try to call at Disney?

figrin bran
07-10-2007, 01:03 AM
One? I wish it was that simple like with the original Fan Club exclusive Cantina Band Member. Its more like five to keep carded. :cross-eye Each individual band member will only come with one instrument, not all five (like in the Wal-Mart exclusive 5 figure tin set). To get all the instruments you'll have to buy a minimum of five figures. :tired:

It is that simple, Mal. I already have the WM exclusive tin set so i just wanted one of these to keep carded. I actually got 2 in a trade for McLukes so i'll open the other one.

stillakid
07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm hoping to take the kids to DisneyWorld at the end of August. Will these still be available at the park then?