PDA

View Full Version : Wuher's choice

stillakid
05-18-2007, 11:59 AM
When Luke bellies up to the bar, he does the ol' silent finger wave and Wuher plops a large mug of something down in front of the lad.

What was it? How did Wuher know what Luke wanted? Or does that Cantina only serve whisky? :lipsrsealed:

Qui-Long Gone
05-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Blue milk of course....everyone knows that growing moisture farmer boys need 3 to 4 glasses of Tatooine blue milk for strong bones, healthy skin and a great smile....

In the original screenplay Lucas cut out the sceen where Luke dunks purple Jawa cookies into his milk...he felt it was a bit childish and took away from the confrontation between Obi Wan and the smugglers....

LusiferSam
05-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Maybe Luke's hand movements said something we didn't understand, but Wuher did. If we view this minor things a cultural difference there maybe a lot of dialog we are missing because of body language.

2-1B
05-18-2007, 05:33 PM
What was it? How did Wuher know what Luke wanted? Or does that Cantina only serve whisky? :lipsrsealed:

No because they also served Greedo, mixed into a tasty beverage.

Jargo
05-18-2007, 07:34 PM
wuher looks at luke sizes him up and hands him blue milk as a sign that the boy wouldn't be able to take his liquor. sure i've seen that exact same scenario on many a western movie. naive young cowpoke goes to the bar asks for a whiskey only to be served a glass of milk.

Slicker
05-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Well, Luke DOES say I'll have one of those then points. Maybe Wuher is making a drink and Luke wants the same.

TeeEye7
05-19-2007, 07:25 AM
It was a girly drink. :p

JediTricks
05-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Well, Luke DOES say I'll have one of those then points. Maybe Wuher is making a drink and Luke wants the same.
Darn it, I was about to explain that, Luke points to the spigot and mumbles that he wants one, it's shot in a weird way, much more realistic but without the ADR that would have cleared up the line.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I figured since Wuher turned away so quickly, that Luke said "I'll have one of those" regarding the Tonnika Sisters. :rollRRs:

Or maybe every drink is the same: sassparella. :o

El Chuxter
05-22-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm pretty sure he says something that isn't heard. Watch his mouth.

stillakid
05-22-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm pretty sure he says something that isn't heard. Watch his mouth.

So you're blaming it on the Sound guy?

El Chuxter
05-22-2007, 04:00 PM
No, it was just something that wasn't deemed important enough to be heard.

Qui-Long Gone
05-22-2007, 06:11 PM
No, it was just something that wasn't deemed important enough to be heard.

I wish that principle had guided Lucas' writing during the new trilogy....:(

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 02:28 AM
So you're blaming it on the Sound guy?
How could it be? It's ADR.

stillakid
05-24-2007, 07:34 AM
How could it be? It's ADR.

:confused: Ultimately, it's the Director's fault. Maybe he didn't want the location sound mixer to get the audio, if there was any. If there was and he got it on tape, then it got lost or cut somewhere in post. They could have ADRed it if it wasn't properly recorded on set, but that's the only reason they would've done it.

But ultimately, if Lucas didn't want it, then that's why it's not there.

Qui-Long Gone
05-24-2007, 09:08 AM
But ultimately, if Lucas didn't want it, then that's why it's not there.

And what Lucas doesn't want, Lucas gets....

pbarnard
05-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Wait a second, a single, young man got served at a bar? What universe is this that this does happen? Everyone knows that when women are present, no man ever gets served unless Chalumna's Cantina is a gay bar...George, we never knew you were such a progressive forward thinking film maker.