PDA

View Full Version : Comic Packs Wave 2 now available

tagmac
05-20-2007, 05:53 PM
I was in TRU this afternoon to return the V-wing and Sith Infiltrator (having found them at Target this morning for $5 cheaper) and decided to look at the figs for the heck of it, to see if TAC wave 2 was out, even though I already ordered those. Anyway, I'm looking at the pegs, and what do I see on the peg, but the only Comics Pack I wanted, Ville and Quinlan Vos! A rare instance of luck for me, as this was the only one from wave 2 that was there. In a way, I'm even more shocked considering this is the only pack that has two brand new figures, and it was still there!

Kidhuman
05-20-2007, 06:47 PM
I got these about a week or so ago, along with the Obi-Wan/Alpha. They have started popping up. These are so far the only 2 packs I have wanted.

Old Fossil
05-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Yep, they're pretty nice. I've got Villie drawing his pistol on Ketwol in my Cantina diorama. Quinlan Vos is in my Clone Wars Republic Gunship, along with Aayla Secura, Sora Bulq, Alpha, Scorch, and a small squad of Clones.

bobafrett
05-22-2007, 06:01 PM
I picked these up about two weeks ago maybe. They had one Tarkin 2 pack from the first series packed in with 3, 2 and 2.

Tycho
05-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Quinlan Vos is in my Clone Wars Republic Gunship, along with Aayla Secura, Sora Bulq, Alpha, Scorch, and a small squad of Clones.

Oh, be careful! Sora Bulq is actually an agent of Count Dooku's and he's working for the Dark Side. I think he knows Dooku is Darth Tyranus and a Sith Lord!

He'll betray your other action figures the first chance he gets!

Old Fossil
05-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Oh, be careful! Sora Bulq is actually an agent of Count Dooku's and he's working for the Dark Side. I think he knows Dooku is Darth Tyranus and a Sith Lord!

He'll betray your other action figures the first chance he gets!

LOL!... But no worries, really, since -- in my own Expanded Universe -- Sora Bulq is a Hero of the Republic, and faithful to the Jedi order!

Luuuuuuke
05-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I scored a kind of trifecta with the Alpha/Obi pack, which I have never seen more than one of at any store. Got first at Target, got second at TRU and got third, this morning, at Wal-Mart. I'm set.

Sith Lord 0498
05-28-2007, 11:18 AM
I first found the entire Wave 2 around the end of April at TRU. Only grabbed Kenobi and Alpha (solely for the ARC Trooper).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-28-2007, 11:30 AM
avoiding all of these two packs as I don't much EE stuff. I did SOTE as it's pretty much SW canon, but these I just can't do. I'm too busy with TAC and exclusive stuff.

Snowtrooper
05-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Found the Quinlan/Villie comic pak the other day, but I didn't see the others. Quinlan is a pretty good figure despite the fact he has almost no leg articulation. Villie is decent also, but his feet are huge. I think his boots are a few sizes too big.

El Chuxter
05-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Lucasfilm is racist against Weequays.

Sith Lord 0498
05-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Found the Quinlan/Villie comic pak the other day, but I didn't see the others. Quinlan is a pretty good figure despite the fact he has almost no leg articulation. Villie is decent also, but his feet are huge. I think his boots are a few sizes too big.

I noticed that too about Vos and remember thinking that it was a crap move by Hasbro considering the amount of people clamoring for a really good Quinlan figure.

figrin bran
05-28-2007, 09:25 PM
considering that it was the Fan's Choice winner, Quinlan should have some knee articulation. it's still a great sculpt nonetheless.

joe-da
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Articulated knees would have been preferable, and not just for those who have "action" purposes for him. For me, the Vos figure fills the role of "Mos Espa extra", to watch the Sebulba vs. Jar Jar scene unfold, and having moveable knees would allow for him to look more film-accurate, sitting down.

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I dunno what it is, but in my area the Quinlan and Luke 2packs are not moving that well.

Sith Lord 0498
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I dunno what it is, but in my area the Quinlan and Luke 2packs are not moving that well.

In my area:

Kenobi/Alpha - very rarely seen
Luke/R2 - seen on occasion
Vos/Villmark - if wave 2 is in the store, then you're guaranteed to find a couple of these...probably hanging all by their lonesome on the pegs.

Vos is the pegwarmer for certain.

Kidhuman
06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Luke and R2 seem to be hanging here. Vos has been gone pretty quickly. I got the 2 Obi/Alphas I wanted and the 1 Vos, but screw the Luke and R2.

General_Grievous
06-03-2007, 08:46 PM
If Vos is pegwarming (which it is here, too), what do you think that says about future EU figures?

pbarnard
06-03-2007, 09:17 PM
If Vos is pegwarming (which it is here, too), what do you thing that says about future EU figures?

More for me? Or yet again, Wal-Mart/Target distribution is putting them all in your town and none in mine.

Tycho
06-04-2007, 10:46 AM
If Vos is pegwarming (which it is here, too), what do you think that says about future EU figures?

I'm disappointed by this result. I'm not shocked either. But definitely disappointed. I had hope that EU would do better - especially with the comic books packed in that tell the story in case you don't know who the heck the characters are.

Quin and Villie are right here on my desk, loose. I bought 8 of these 2-packs total (sorry guys, I can't help you clear out LA) and they rank as some of my favorite items I've purchased this year.

I don't know that they'll actually sell poorly - I think right now with summer movie toys racing in out there, they aren't a priority for many who might buy them if there was a lack of other things to purchase. But time will tell. I hope they do move, because they are my preference for non-movie figure production - and I hope that Hasbro goes through with the subsequent EU waves. The Marvel issues were the ONLY ones I didn't buy. I just didn't need as much of Obi-Wan and Alpha. That one is supposedly doing really well though because people who don't know how to read CAN understand a cartoon show. :rolleyes: But Alpha isn't actually from the cartoon show - his comic is packed in the box. Meanwhile, the plot of the 'toon is not any better than "Republic's," and Republic's is actually lightyears better. Read the comic and you'll see why (or start with "Fun With Phonics" if you need to :D )

Here continues the decline of Western Civilization...

figrin bran
06-04-2007, 11:11 AM
at the stores i go to, Quinlan (as well as Obi Wan/Alpha) seems to sell well and it's Luke/R2 that's being left behind.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 08:47 PM
If Vos is pegwarming (which it is here, too), what do you think that says about future EU figures?I think it's a small setback, it'll make them think twice about stuff they're CURRENTLY working on that we don't know about, plans, but alone probably won't be a major setback to what we've seen.