PDA

View Full Version : CIV chatter and revelations (Merged thread) ALL CIV Hasbro stuff goes here!

DarkArtist
05-24-2007, 07:04 AM
just found these pics over at JediDefender.com. looks like they were able to get some pics of the Hasbro stuff before getting kicked out. the pics are very blurry and I'm sure we will get better ones this weekend but here's what I was able to get:

CaptainSolo1138
05-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Fuzzy, but very cool stuff DA! Han torture rack looks pretty cool, but 4-LOM (that is 4-LOM, right?!) looks the same to me.:ermm:

jedi master sal
05-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Wow, just the quick blurb from RS about some of the
new stuff not everyone has heard of yet is amazing.

Here's their link on the Hasbro stuff (I'll just post
about certain ones I am really looking for ward to or
are new):
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/C4_Hasbro_Action_Figures_On_Display_106148.asp

Wave 6:
Han Solo (Bespin Torture Rack) with multiple torsos
(It's about time! Awesome)
Lando Calrissian (Smuggler) This was an easy custom
for me, but I imagine I'll still get it.
Rebel General McQuarrie (Hoth Trooper with McQuarie
likeness) Very cool. Glad to have another Rebel
commander and I'll probably get a couple of him to use
for customs, namely the Yavin war room scene.
McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper-excellnt. I can't recall
what the concept one looks like at the moment though

Wave 7:
A-Wing Pilot (Tycho Celchu)-Nice, so Tycho finally
gets a figure.
Ewoks 2-pack (NO wokling...that's next year;)) Okay
sure. We can use more Ewoks. Was hoping for a wokling
but no biggie
McQuarrie Concept Han Solo-Another great in the McLine

Wave 8:
Clone Wars Clone Trooper (muddy deco w/ SOFT GOODS
poncho) Is this one from Commander Faie's brigade?
Rebel Vanguard (from Star Wars: Battlefront) - Nice, a
little late, but nice.
Pax Bonkik (Rodian Podracer Mechanic) WHO??

Comic Packs
A'sharad Hett & The Dark Woman (Star Wars: Republic)
YES!!
Mara jade & Luke Skywalker (Star Wars: Heir to the
Empire) Ok good for Mara.
Bultar Swan & Koffi Arana (Star Wars: Purge)
Excellent, glad to get a Bultar fig.
Baron Fel & X-Wing Pilot (Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue
Squadron) Cool, glad to finally get Baron Fel

Exclusive Figures
Concept Obi-Wan Kenobi & Yoda 2-pack (SDCC) Well this
bites! Damn...was hoping to get the whole line and the
SDCC exclusives are going to make it that much harder.
501st Legion R2-KT (SDCC) ???
Shadow Scout on Speeder Bike (SDCC) This sounds very
interesting. Again though, grrr, exclusive...
Concept General Grievous with shield from the Clone
Wars ?? anyone have a pic of what this is supposed to
look like?

Vehicles
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring
YEAH!!! Hyperspace ring!!!
Y-Wing Fighter (yellow deco with pilot and R5
non-removeble astromech droid) Glad they are reissuing
this. I got one way back when, but I wanted three of
them. Hopefully they will be easier to find this go
around.
ARC-170 Starfighter (Clone Wars deco) Cool. I like the
concept of this.

Battle Packs
ARC-170 Battle Pack - (Clone Trooper, 2 Pilots, Red &
Blue Astromech) Okay, if you need the figs to fill up
your ARCs. I'm covered on the pilots. Might hae to get
this for the Astormech droids though.
"Wampa Attack" - Wampa, Tauntaun, Luke Hoth I'll pass
on this most likely, but it may just sell well. It's
been a few years for either the Tauntaun or Wampa.

C4: Hasbro Galactic Heroes & Unleashed Battle Packs
Several exclusive "cinema scenes," featuring
characters from the Mos Eisely cantina, in which two
of the packages will fit together to form a complete
scene...and one of them includes a light-up base with
music! I like the idea of sets being able to fit
together. MODULAR to a point. Now if they'd only do
that with the 3 3/4 in line.

Figures include all of the members of the Modal Nodes
(including Lirin Carn!), blue Snaggetooth, Jabba the
Hutt, Bib Fortuna, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jar Jar Binks, Luke
Skywalker (Jabba's Palace), and more! Some nice
choices there!

On the Unleashed Battle Packs front, looks for new
sets featuring Commander Bacara and his Galactic
Marines and Mace Windu's BMF Clone Trooper Battalion!
Awesome. I'll get these for sure.

Well that's as brief as I could be, sorry for the long
post.

Anyway, lots of good things announced already from
CIV. Heh, much more money being spent. I can here the
cash registers ringing already.

-Sal

bigbarada
05-24-2007, 09:15 AM
I like the look of that ESB wave so far, even though the pictures are a little blurry. I'm super excited for a new 4-LOM. The six ESB bounty hunters have always been some of the coolest characters in Star Wars IMO, so I won't rest until we have high-quality, super-articulated remakes of all of them. Right now it looks like 4 down (Fett, Bossk, IG-88, 4-LOM) and two to go (Dengar and Zuckuss).

Smuggler Lando looks a little like he's wearing the puffy shirt from that Seinfeld episode.:cross-eye

I would rather get a neutral, SA Bespin Han Solo; but we'll see how the torture rack thing turns out.

tagmac
05-24-2007, 10:13 AM
We already got a Dengar remake, with the backpack back in 2004.

http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0417dengar.asp

Barring a VOTC version, I doubt we'll see a third one in the basic line. Only Zuckuss has been released just once.

Droid
05-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't read the article to say the taller Grievous is an exclusive.

I am pleased about the Galactic Heroes news. Jabba, Bib, Qui-Gon, Jar Jar, great! Why can't we get Lirin Carn in the basic line? (Though a custom would be easy, maybe putting a Bith head on the POTJ Obi-wan where he isn't wearing his outer robe...)

Phantom-like Menace
05-24-2007, 02:34 PM
I hope R2-KT isn't too expensive on Ebay, because I haven't missed an astromech yet and don't intend to.

Beast
05-24-2007, 02:39 PM
A Galactic Heroes Jar Jar Binks? :love:

Bastages! :D

bigbarada
05-24-2007, 02:41 PM
We already got a Dengar remake, with the backpack back in 2004.

http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0417dengar.asp

Barring a VOTC version, I doubt we'll see a third one in the basic line. Only Zuckuss has been released just once.

I was talking about a super-articulated Dengar; but if we never get another one, then I'm content with that figure.

I was kind of hoping that they were saving 4-LOM and Zuckuss for the "vintage-style" line. Now Hasbro can't replicate the swapped-name error of the vintage line.:cry:

Droid
05-24-2007, 02:46 PM
A Galactic Heroes Jar Jar Binks? :love:

Bastages! :D

Hey! Where have you been? You haven't posted in nearly a year!

Beast
05-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Hey! Where have you been? You haven't posted in nearly a year!
Life sucks pretty much covers it. ;)

But yeah, I'm toying with coming back again. Didn't think anyone would miss me.

Droid
05-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Life sucks pretty much covers it. ;)

"Toying with". Is that an intended pun?

El Chuxter
05-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Wow! Glad to see you back, dawg.

The GH JJB is indeed coming. Unfortunately, unless they say differently in the next few days, both he and Qui-Gon will only be available in a set that also includes all the Playskool TPM figures from about 4-5 years ago. In other words, those will be two expensive little figures, and this time they're not useless repaints. :(

Beast
05-24-2007, 03:15 PM
That's ok. I don't own any of the Galactic Heroes as of yet.

I got into the Marvel Superhero Squad... and the Star Wars ones are tempting me. ;)

Phantom-like Menace
05-24-2007, 03:25 PM

Seriously? I for one have been missing your Marvel insights, though if I'm not mistaken, you've been posting on a certain site named for a sound effect, and if that was you, your insights there were largely entertaining in a good way.

Tycho
05-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm really liking the Han Solo Bespin Torture Rack figure!

Just put that with a couple of Stormtroopers - with or without Vader, and even possibly add Fett, Lando, and Lobot - and you've got a cool little scene.

Beast
05-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Seriously? I for one have been missing your Marvel insights, though if I'm not mistaken, you've been posting on a certain site named for a sound effect, and if that was you, your insights there were largely entertaining in a good way.
Yeah, that's me. I've been posting there a bit. Mostly for the SHS figs.

Really don't like the unpleasent atmosphere of the forums there though.

Hence toying with coming back here. Though that depends on a few things.

Beast
05-24-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm really liking the Han Solo Bespin Torture Rack figure!

Just put that with a couple of Stormtroopers - with or without Vader, and even possibly add Fett, Lando, and Lobot - and you've got a cool little scene.
Yeah, even though I don't collect them anymore... the Han w/ Torture Rack is cool.

Bet you're overdosing on Mouse Droids over the Tycho (A-Wing Pilot) figure. :D

El Chuxter
05-24-2007, 03:42 PM
STAP Attack is actually a pretty clever Battlepack. And look! PILOT BATTLE DROIDS!!

Beast
05-24-2007, 03:46 PM
STAP Attack is actually a pretty clever Battlepack. And look! PILOT BATTLE DROIDS!!
Why does the stuff that I was beating a drum about wanting, finally starts getting made after I give up on collecting Star Wars. It's just so amusing. ;)

jedi master sal
05-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Out of curiosity, since the thread I started was about Comic-Con exclusives and McQuarrie figures, why did it get merged into the CIV thread?

Since the thread is about what is happening at CIV and what is being revealed, the thread got merged. The revalation of SDCC exclusives and new McQuarrie figures happened at CIV, so it's pertinent to the thread.

I was just trying to keep down on any clutter. I suspect that there may have been more threads of specific figures revealed at CIV had I not merged these two and put the "disclaimer" in the thread title.

Again, not trying to step on your toes Chux. Just trying to be a diligent moderator.

After CIV, if people want to start new threads then of specific figs, then fine. There's plenty of time to talk about the figs before they come out, either the SDCC exclusives or the regular line. But I'd further suspect that we will have talked about them at length in this thread so I may keep down the character specific threads. Like I said, just trying to do my job. No worries.

jedi master sal
05-24-2007, 03:58 PM

Hells yeah! When I irst read about this pack I wasn't too excited. I dont' really need more STAPs and a Silver Super BD...meh. But now seeing the Pilot Battle Droids!!! I'll get a few sets of these. Not many, maybe 5 sets.

El Chuxter
05-24-2007, 04:00 PM
The revalation of SDCC exclusives and new McQuarrie figures happened at CIV, so it's pertinent to the thread.

Actually, it was revealed in the Comic-Con magazine, which tfw2005.com had a scan of. ;)

Tycho
05-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Well I'm most excited about that Torture Rack Han figure!

What's your single-best most-favorite scoop from C4 thus far?

Droid
05-24-2007, 04:48 PM

Hermi Odle looks better in the case than he did in pictures earlier this week ... and I usually hate soft goods.

The Ewoks are great.

I am MOST excited about the Galactic Heroes rumors of a Jabba; I want pictures!

Tycho
05-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Looking at the headsculpt under the helmets (the hair basically) and that the A-wing pilot is not labled Tycho Celchu in Hasbro's display, and the Rebel with Baron Fel in the Rogue Squadron 2-pack is just labled "X-wing Pilot," I think there stands a good chance to reason that the Rogue X-wing pilot is Tycho in his normal pilot outfit (X-wing).

What do you think?

Beast
05-24-2007, 05:24 PM

I'd have to say, the Galactic Heroes Jar Jar Binks. ;)

Since I don't collect the figures themselves anymore.

Weird, did a whole bunch of posts just get deleted or something?

LTBasker
05-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Jeez Beastie Boy, your avatar is all old and dusty and whatnot. :p

Yeah, looks like a bunch of posts got deleted, I'm pretty sure I groaned and moaned about that Biker Scout thing in public...

Beast
05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Jeez Beastie Boy, your avatar is all old and dusty and whatnot. :p

Yeah, looks like a bunch of posts got deleted, I'm pretty sure I groaned and moaned about that Biker Scout thing in public...
LT! Lil Buddy!

Yeah, I do need a new avatar if I'm gonna stick around I guess.

Speaking of Avatars, what does yours mean?

Droid
05-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Looking at the headsculpt under the helmets (the hair basically) and that the A-wing pilot is not labled Tycho Celchu in Hasbro's display, and the Rebel with Baron Fel in the Rogue Squadron 2-pack is just labled "X-wing Pilot," I think there stands a good chance to reason that the Rogue X-wing pilot is Tycho in his normal pilot outfit (X-wing).

What do you think?

One of the other sites has a picture that shows the Rebel with Baron Fel is actually Hobbie (from Hoth). I'm hoping that his outfit is accuracte for Hoth and not just the EU.

It ISN'T labeled Tycho. Was there any rebel in Jedi dressed that way or is it basically an EU figure?

Beast
05-24-2007, 06:02 PM

What do you think?
Yeah, but the rumor/pre-release lists called him Tycho. I'll assume he's Tycho.

Kidhuman
05-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Beast, good to see you again. You were missed.

LT's avatar is a memorium to our fallen member VulcanTouch who passed away last year.

Sal, I seperated the SDCC posts into another thread since it is different from C4.

I am excited about a few figures. I will get Han Torture, Lando and some others, but not many of the rehashed trash

Some of the comic 2 packs have peaked my interest also like Bultar Swan and the Boris Fel pack.

Beast
05-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Beast, good to see you again. You were missed.
LIES! No one missed me. :D

LT's avatar is a memorium to our fallen member VulcanTouch who passed away last year.
Yes, I think I recall that. He will be missed. Good egg.

El Chuxter
05-24-2007, 06:27 PM
I like the looks of the comic packs, but I do rather wish we'd gotten a movie-accurate Bultar Swan before the comic version in the crazy armor.

Maybe a Battlepack of movie Bultar, resculpted Barriss, resculpted (or retooled) Padme, and Hi-Yaah Girl, called "Hot Girls of Geonosis."

Droid
05-24-2007, 07:08 PM
I like the looks of the comic packs, but I do rather wish we'd gotten a movie-accurate Bultar Swan before the comic version in the crazy armor.

Maybe a Battlepack of movie Bultar, resculpted Barriss, resculpted (or retooled) Padme, and Hi-Yaah Girl, called "Hot Girls of Geonosis."

Yes, I will likely pass on her since she doesn't look like she did IN THE FILMS!

LTBasker
05-24-2007, 07:27 PM
I'll wait till later to mention my feelings on the rest of the stuff but a few things I gotta get out...

A-Wing pilot:
-Someone needs to tell Hasbro the removeable hats/caps look like crap. Vintage Hoth Han looks moronic and it looks like the A-Wing pilot is wearing a giant condom.
-As well, someone needs to show them that the rounded helmet is the Y-wing ROTJ helmet, not an A-wing helmet.

Shadow Biker Scout and speederbike:
-The black scout repaint is cool
-The speederbike is the POTF2 one. Looks like crap. Good, I don't want it now.

Y-wing:
-Paintjob? Awesome.
-R5 droid? Cool.
-Length? Still disapponting. Is it really that difficult for them to make longer rods for the thrusters?

Titaniums:
-SO MANY NEW ONES, I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH I'M GOING TO HAVE TO BUY, I'M SO EXC- oop, tiny display and only a couple new ones. Joy. I'm glad they're so focused on this line, really shows that the problems with Action Fleet were completely to blame on us because if we stay really focused on the line, it will prosper. Now, let's play spot the sarcasm in this paragraph.

More Transformers, yay, the pegs will be full again! ...for a very long time...

Beast
05-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I wish they'd show the Galactic Heroes. *Mutters*

LTBasker
05-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Ask and ye shall receive, http://jediinsider.net/g/?mode=album&album=CIV%2FThursday%2FHasbro&start=112

Tycho
05-24-2007, 09:42 PM
A-Wing pilot:
-and it looks like the A-Wing pilot is wearing a giant condom.

If the figure is indeed supposed to be Tycho, I can't begin to tell you how that kind of feels like a compliment!

-As well, someone needs to show them that the rounded helmet is the Y-wing ROTJ helmet, not an A-wing helmet.

Yup. They made the same mistake with what was once presumed to be Arvel Crynyd.:rolleyes:

The Galactic Heroes Jabba is precious! I hope that the only way to get him isn't in some battlepack whereas I have to also pick up duplicates of GH I already have.

I'm not getting that Naboo one. With JarJar and Qui-Gon, I'm betting that if I wait a year or longer, they'll be put in a 2-pack.

With Bultar Swan, I have to agree with DROID & CHUXTER. Where's the movie version? I may skip this 2-pack. Koffi was barely ever in the EU in the first place. Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I think he only appeared in Purge. Finally, the character's name is derived from the former UN Secretary General Koffi Annan I'm guessing. I'm too involved with politics to ignore the bad taste with that. Next there will be Star Wars figures named Jonus Keri and Georg Bushton.

KIDHUMAN, it's Soontir Fel. His rank is "Baron." Like there were Barons under Lords. Vader was a Lord. Leia a Princess. Fel was a Baron. Han was a Nerfherder.

DROID: If it's Hobbie from RS, on Hoth they wore white gloves and white boots. In RS, since they were mostly flying X-wings in space, these accessories should be black.

Old Fossil
05-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Wow! LOVE that Lando smuggler, and Han torture rack! Bring on R2-B1, those Ewoks, and that super duper fly Concept Snowtrooper!!!

Hermie is looking better. Still not sold on him, though.

I need that Y-Wing, short thruster rods or no. It's probably gonna be another gol-danged exclusive, though, which I will never see, since I am doomed to never see a Y-Wing Fighter at retail.

Y'all are welcome to most everything else.

Beast
05-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Ask and ye shall receive, http://jediinsider.net/g/?mode=album&album=CIV%2FThursday%2FHasbro&start=112
Thanks Lt.

God, I love them all. Someone stop me from getting into these. :D

The sets are great for someone like me who might just be getting into them.

And Galactic Heroes Jar Jar Binks... I can die a happy fanboy. :cool:

Mad Slanted Powers
05-25-2007, 12:19 AM

What do you think?

One of the other sites has a picture that shows the Rebel with Baron Fel is actually Hobbie (from Hoth). Indeed, this picture here on SSG says it is Hobbie - http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=21652

El Chuxter
05-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Wow. Those Galactic Heroes are beautiful. I'm not too incredibly keen on them being exclusives, but I'll watch for them. Glad to see that Momaw and the Modal Node are in there, so I can stop hunting for them. :D

Qui-Gon is about what I expected, but, truth be told, I'm a tad disappointed in Jar Jar. Don't get me wrongo; he still looks awesome. I just expected him to be a bit more... "cutesified."

Tycho
05-25-2007, 03:17 AM
Incidentally, has ANYONE found the Hoth Rebel Soldier and Snowtrooper (Galactic Heroes 2-pack) at retail? Or was that postponed? For some battlepack with Hoth Leia and another Darth Vader?

Kidhuman
05-25-2007, 07:13 AM
I have seen that battle pack multiple times.

Tycho
05-25-2007, 07:57 AM
I have seen that battle pack multiple times.

I could use the Galactic Heroes Hoth Rebel / Snowtrooper BattlePack x 2 iif you feel so inclined, please. :yes:

jjreason
05-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Torture rack Han and Smuggler Lando... someone pinch me! :laugh:

Droid
05-25-2007, 10:39 AM
I could use the Galactic Heroes Hoth Rebel / Snowtrooper BattlePack x 2 iif you feel so inclined, please. :yes:

I had a very hard time finding them, and then I passed on it several times once I did find them because some of the paint was so sloppy. I have had that problem several times with Galactic Heroes.

I also had to look pretty hard for Momaw and Figrin.

AmanaMatt
05-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I personally love the YWing pilot (er Awing) - very detailed over

Hermie is a great big fig with nice looking personality sculpted on

4Lom is very SA - looks good... (Hasbro sculptors told me Zuckuss is on their brain when I asked them)

Love the PreCyborg Grevious - that is one tall fig

General Brand Manager (or whatever his title) told me he can see two more "Vintage" waves only and that he wasn't with them when Wave 1 was done - he admitted C-3po was not a great Vintage fig

mtriv73
05-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm just glad they're finally putting the freaking front guns back on the Y-wing. I'll buy one just for that and I'll probably see if I can buy some more from their replacement parts people.

El Chuxter
05-25-2007, 02:46 PM
I hate to link to the 'Scum, but...

ME LLAMO MULLETMAN!!!!! (http://www.rebelscum.com/c4/c4hasbroredos/image31.asp)

Droid
05-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Is that gentleman based on an actual actor in the film or did they make that guy up?

jedi master sal
05-25-2007, 03:00 PM
He looks like one of the pilots in the war room scene when Dodonna is showing them the exhaust port plans. So it's a movie figure. I don't know that this guy has a name though.

Could be this guy:
http://www.scifimachines.com/images/johnchapman/xwingjohnchapman2.jpg

jedi master sal
05-25-2007, 03:06 PM

I got the set before, but that might have been through Hasbro's site. Check there, Tycho. They've been available there for some time. You might find some other stuff to order as well to help spread out the shipping cost.

Droid
05-25-2007, 03:39 PM
He looks like one of the pilots in the war room scene when Dodonna is showing them the exhaust port plans. So it's a movie figure. I don't know that this guy has a name though.

Could be this guy:
http://www.scifimachines.com/images/johnchapman/xwingjohnchapman2.jpg

Could be!?

If only Red Leader and Dack had come during this era where they try to make pilots look like the character.

El Chuxter
05-25-2007, 03:52 PM
It could be him, but, if so, it's not a great likeness. For one thing, the pimp-daddy disco fool sideburns are missing. For another, the actor doesn't have that Elvis pompadour going on.

The thing that really makes the figure is the smudge on his cheek. It's probably a paint error, but it makes it look like he's some guy who hasn't bathed because he doesn't have running water.

And his "right purty mouth" is pretty funny, too.

jjreason
05-25-2007, 03:59 PM
God, I HATE the mullet.... PLEASE let that be some Hasbro joke instead of a final version figure. :(

Droid
05-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Anyone read on another site where it says that Willrow is coming in maybe 2009 on a single card rather than in a battle pack? Yet another site reports he may come next year in a battlepack.

But the first article says Hasbro favors him over another "much requested item". It DARN well better not be Yarna they are talking about. Don't get me started on why she should be made over ICMG. I swear if we don't get her next year I may quit collecting.

Lord Malakite
05-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Anyone else seen the new SW 30th Anniversary Celebration IV coin that is being given away from the Hasbro booth?

Hasbro wants to drive the coin collectors insane. :whip:

El Chuxter
05-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Just looked a little closer at the GH sets.

Battle of Naboo is a TRU exclusive. Great, the two GH figures I've wanted the most are exclusive to the one store that's not convenient at all.

Jabba's Palace is a Target exclusive set. Jabba is the only new figure.

Cantina Band is a WM exclusive. Looks like the Duros is the only new figure.

Thanks for nothing again, Hasbro. F*** you and the horse you rode in on.

El Chuxter
05-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Not sure what their source is, but the 'Scum is reporting Wilrow carded in 2009, and Legacy 2-packs in 2008.

I'll be sure to get Wilrow, but I'd rather get crotch-rot than anything related to Legacy. If any of you like that bastardization of Star Wars, though, feel free to be excited.

pegger
05-25-2007, 05:53 PM
RS is saying that the yellow R5 (the droid in teh Y-Wing) - is dedicated (boo) but there will be a pack in of the R5 as well? Well, that's cool.

Hermie is looking better. Looks like a pretty good showing!

pegger
05-25-2007, 05:54 PM
And a 3 3/4" AT-PT?????

WHERE'S MY AT-TE!!!!!

Lord Malakite
05-25-2007, 06:10 PM
And a 3 3/4" AT-PT?????

WHERE'S MY AT-TE!!!!!

An AT-PT, like from the Rogue Squadron video games? :D

pegger
05-25-2007, 07:18 PM
err.. typo AT-TP? looks cool in any event - by still want my AT-TE!!!

Also - Grievous's starship!!!???!!!

Some pretty good offerings.

The R2-KT is pretty cute too. Sweet story too....

Mad Slanted Powers
05-25-2007, 08:24 PM
He looks like one of the pilots in the war room scene when Dodonna is showing them the exhaust port plans. So it's a movie figure. I don't know that this guy has a name though.SSG pictures of the slide show indicate he is called Lt. Lepira.

Beast
05-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Galactic Heroes: First wave of '08, 2 Skiff Guards, Tarkin & Imp Officer (black), Endor Leia w trooper, Luke w/ Yoda on back & Obi-Wan.
Sweeeeeet! :D

Just saw the pic of them. Love the Tarkin and Ghost Obi-Wan! :D

General_Grievous
05-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm loving Torture Rack Han, Smuggler Lando, 4-LOM, the Ewoks pack (even though there's no woklings :( ), the A-Wing Pilot, and Spirit Anakin. Let's give a round of applause for Hasbro for finally figuring out how to do holographic soft-goods. Of course, now we'll need an Obi-Wan and Yoda to go along with it.

figrin bran
05-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Anyone else seen the new SW 30th Anniversary Celebration IV coin that is being given away from the Hasbro booth?

Hasbro wants to drive the coin collectors insane. :whip:'

Mal, i picked up some extras of the coins. if you want one, i can send one out to you.

i was at the Hasbro presentation, btw, and they said the A-Wing pilot was indeed Tycho Celchu.

TheRealDubya
05-25-2007, 10:25 PM
I talked with Derrel Depriest for a moment at the Hasbro booth today (man there are some outstanding figures coming this year) and he confirmed that the Obi-Wan/Yoda McQuarrie two-pack will be available on the HasbroToyShop website at the same time it is released at SDCC, just like the 501st Trooper from last summer. He was a super cool guy and man does he loves his job. He was as excited as I was about the GI Joe 25th line. I also met the actual guy they based Quinlan Voss on, in full regalia. Hasbro was handing out the exclusive coins like candy.

Phantom-like Menace
05-26-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm fairly ecstatic that the Clone Wars ARC-170 and the matching Battlepack are Target Exclusives. If I go by past experience, that will make them a snap for me to pick up. It's a bit of an annoyance that Hasbro made an exclusive pack with two pilots for a craft that needs three. I have the gun ship, and I'll get the ARC, which means I'll need three sets.

El Chuxter
05-26-2007, 12:35 AM
And isn't it a little interesting that they're re-releasing Hunt for Grievous, but no word on a re-release of the Clone Wars Gunship that goes so well with it?

figrin bran
05-26-2007, 12:38 AM
And isn't it a little interesting that they're re-releasing Hunt for Grievous, but no word on a re-release of the Clone Wars Gunship that goes so well with it?

why a rerelease for it? at least at my local TRU's it was widely available from around April to December of last year.

jedi master sal
05-26-2007, 01:20 AM
SSG pictures of the slide show indicate he is called Lt. Lepira.

Okay i found the pick I wanted to. THIS is the guy!

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/b1/Lepira.jpg

Here's further info (not much):
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lepira

It does say he was GOLD 4. Which meshes with the idea that he is a Y-wing pilot.

So the smudge isn't a smudge, but a mole, as I thought.

Lord Malakite
05-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Mal, i picked up some extras of the coins. if you want one, i can send one out to you.

For free? :lipsrsealed:

Tycho
05-26-2007, 01:40 AM
The AT-PT rocks! I can't wait.

I'm going to buy 3. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
05-26-2007, 01:45 AM
For free? :lipsrsealed:

if you could chip in for shipping, it's all yours

I'm going to buy 3

the Hasbro guys said that it will seat 3 clones (or any other figure of your choice). one on top to man the gun and two inside the body of the vehicle.

Lord Malakite
05-26-2007, 01:45 AM

You mean AT-TP.

I wish it was the AT-PT. :(

if you could chip in for shipping, it's all yours
How many extra coins do you have and how much would it be do you suppose for 1 or 2 coins?

K M Toydarian
05-26-2007, 03:14 AM
I picked up a coin on Thursday, 30th Anniversary on one side, celebration logo on the other.
Are there different coins each day, or always that one?
Not going back til maybe Sunday, definitely Monday.

Lord Malakite
05-26-2007, 03:46 AM
I picked up a coin on Thursday, 30th Anniversary on one side, celebration logo on the other.
Are there different coins each day, or always that one?
Not going back til maybe Sunday, definitely Monday.

I think there is only the one CIV coin (unless you count the one included with CIV concept R2/3PO or the one included with CIV concept Luke). From the pictures I have seen of it I'd have to say the front of the CIV coin is identical to the Toy Fair coin, but the backs of the two coins are different.

I can only see bad things coming from this for the coin collectors. The Toy Fair coin is supposed to be included in the mail-in offer with the 6 exclusive Vintage Figure coins. Now its got to make you wonder if that will really be the Toy Fair coin. Perhaps the mail-in Anniversary coin will just have the same front as the CIV and Toy Fair coins, but with a completely different back.

We also know a similar thing will happen with the CIV concept figure coins. It has already been confimed they will have new CE coins (same front/different back) when they hit Celebration Europe. If any of them get released online through Hasbro or SWShop at a later time I wouldn't be suprised if they also have different coins. Same could be said of the upcoming concept Yoda/Obi coin if those figures are released outside of SDCC.

Of course by then we'll probably also have to worry about a CE version and a SDCC version of the Anniversary coin, as well as the rumored gold UGH variant coins. lol

Phantom-like Menace
05-26-2007, 04:51 AM
So the smudge isn't a smudge, but a mole, as I thought.

Every time I look at this guy I'm going to be able to think of nothing but the Fred Savage mole scene from Austin Powers.

Tycho
05-26-2007, 07:06 AM
You mean AT-TP.

I wish it was the AT-PT. :(

All-Terrain Toilet Paper?

Any parent will tell you that you need the All-Terrain Potty Trainer first!

Val Da Car
05-26-2007, 09:14 AM

Ditto, to step on Ewoks and Wookies.....

El Chuxter
05-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Lepira may have died fighting the Death Star.

But Lanny Mulletman survived. He knew he couldn't die. He had to stop by the Food 4 Less on the way home and get some milk for Mary Lou (who was pregnant yet again).

CaptainSolo1138
05-26-2007, 01:17 PM
He knew he couldn't die. He had to stop by the Food 4 Less on the way home and get some milk for Mary Lou (who was pregnant yet again).
And a pack of Marlboro Reds. He ain't 'bout to die with no smokes!

Tycho
05-26-2007, 04:15 PM
So for those of you at C4, do you think it was worth it? The expenses, etc?

Would you go to another one?

Have you been to any other ones?

mark2d2
05-26-2007, 05:01 PM
The Y-Wing looks really cool. Sure I am bummed out more than a bit that the droid remain locked forever in place. But it IS a R5. . . and they ARE wisely, and unespectedly packing in a nifty figure version of the R5 as well. Also, I have somehow always missed the Y-wing. (Too old in 1983, missed the first Target version, and wasn't that wild about the last version deco. . .) This one is very, very Vintage in look. And I am certain that I will definitely be picking this up. Very, very cool.

The news about Grievious's Ship is also pretty exciting. Dang! And I already have so many vehicles as it is. . .

I am off to C4 tomorrow and am excited.

figrin bran
05-26-2007, 06:42 PM
The Y-Wing looks really cool. Sure I am bummed out more than a bit that the droid remain locked forever in place. But it IS a R5. . . and they ARE wisely, and unespectedly packing in a nifty figure version of the R5 as well. Also, I have somehow always missed the Y-wing. (Too old in 1983, missed the first Target version, and wasn't that wild about the last version deco. . .) This one is very, very Vintage in look. And I am certain that I will definitely be picking this up. Very, very cool.

The news about Grievious's Ship is also pretty exciting. Dang! And I already have so many vehicles as it is. . .

I am off to C4 tomorrow and am excited.

Mark, there are actually 2 droids with the Y-Wing. one is dedicated and can't be taken out, the other one is your regular astromech figure.

Tycho, for those of us in LA, there aren't any travel expenses so in that regard, i wouldn't be the best person to ask with regards to if it's worth it or not. this is my first one and i would definitely love to go to another. i just wish the exclusives were handled a bit better and that crowd control wasn't so bad around the hasbro and gentle giant booths. i also enjoyed the autograph signings - like i said in the LA thread, Amy Allen and Jeremy Bulloch were really nice.

however, the event does seem to be lacking in a certain sense of "magic". i always envisioned the celebrations to be like a Star Wars themed Disneyland, albeit without the rides. at the LA Convention Center, there just aren't really any decorations anywhere to suggest that it's a SW Celebration...sure there are people in all sorts of costumes but the facilities look really dull.

Darth Cruel
05-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I just talked to a hasbro rep at CIV and I asked him if they inteded to make the arc pilot that flew the gunship in the clone wars cartoons and he told me they intend to make it within about 2yeras.

Beast
05-26-2007, 08:33 PM
What about Yarna darnit!? Hasbro hates fat people. :(

TheDarthVader
05-26-2007, 09:30 PM
BEAST!!!!! I have missed you around here. I hope you are back for good now. I have filled in for you while you were gone (supporting Yarna; see location over there <-----below avatar).

Yeah, where is Yarna? Or where is news of Yarna's release? We need her!

JetsAndHeels
05-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Hasbro hates fat people. :(

Yep, that's why I can't find any of those McFetts I've been wanting.

Nice to see you posting again Beast.

Lord Malakite
05-27-2007, 12:24 AM
When Hasbro was assigning numbers to the SW characters for future figures Willow Hood secretly used his Ice Cream Maker to lure Yarna away into a closet. :cross-eye

Lord Malakite
05-27-2007, 12:46 AM
I don't see this mentioned here yet, but Rebelscum is reporting yet another Celebration IV exclusive by Hasbro. :rolleyes: This one looks like it will be a shared exclusive with Hasbro's own online site. The 3 3/4" Action Figure Base Pack (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/C4_Action_Figure_Base_Pack_106285.asp).

Beast
05-27-2007, 01:05 AM
BEAST!!!!! I have missed you around here. I hope you are back for good now. I have filled in for you while you were gone (supporting Yarna; see location over there <-----below avatar).

Glad someone's still fighting for everyone's favorite full-figured gal. :)

Mad Slanted Powers
05-27-2007, 01:25 AM
I don't see this mentioned here yet, but Rebelscum is reporting yet another Celebration IV exclusive by Hasbro. :rolleyes: This one looks like it will be a shared exclusive with Hasbro's own online site. The 3 3/4" Action Figure Base Pack (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/C4_Action_Figure_Base_Pack_106285.asp).
That was announced a long time ago. There were even some questions about it in the weekly ask Hasbro since there were pictures of the labels with names of figures not yet released. I plan on getting some of these. Hasbro's site said "coming soon" when I looked earlier today.

figrin bran
05-27-2007, 01:54 AM

it's not a CIV exclusive at all but a hasbrotoyshop exclusive. i picked up 2 packs and they have 40 stands total. 2 EU stands, anywhere from 5-7 stands for each of the 6 films, plus preprinted labels for most of the TAC and TSC figures

also Mal, do you still want the CIV coins? i can offer you 2 of them and $2 should cover the shipping costs.

Lord Malakite
05-27-2007, 02:20 AM
it's not a CIV exclusive at all but a hasbrotoyshop exclusive. i picked up 2 packs and they have 40 stands total. 2 EU stands, anywhere from 5-7 stands for each of the 6 films, plus preprinted labels for most of the TAC and TSC figures
Shows how much I pay attention to exclusives anymore. Just to hard to keep up with them all anymore.

also Mal, do you still want the CIV coins? i can offer you 2 of them and $2 should cover the shipping costs.
Sounds like a good price to me. I'll have to talk with Fettfield when he gets home tomorrow morning and see what he says. He is the one with the job at the moment. So what I'll probably end up doing is making him pay the shipping for both coins, then I'll take one coin and pay him back a dollar and he can keep the other coin.

It sucks being poor and jobless.:p I still owe him $20 for one of those SW Fan Club Blackhole Stormtroopers.

jedi master sal
05-27-2007, 05:40 AM
It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway, if Hasbro is giving away those coins, it would be extremely nice of SSGers who are there to pick up as many extras for those of us who couldn't make it there.

Personally I'd like two, but even one would be very welcome.

Thanks to any and all who help us non-CIV goers out.

-Sal

Tycho
05-27-2007, 09:36 AM
What are you guys doing at about 11:30 at night tonight?

Here's the thing. Last night Queensryche played in San Diego and the show was awesome!!!

If there are tickets available for tonight's show in Anaheim (at Disneyland) left, I'm going again! (my favorite band in the whole world!)

If I drive up there, I might as well see Queensryche again, but the show won't let out until 10:30pm or so, and then I'll still have to drive in to LA from Anaheim (probably 30 minutes or so at that hour of the night).

I could come up early, but I'd also have to leave early, so I don't really want to pay for admission into C4 and only stay there a few hours. If you go to dinner at House of Blues, you get a "skip the line pass" into your concert (besides a great dinner - I had the grilled Mahi-Mahi last night with mashed potatoes and steamed brocholli and want to eat well again tonight plus skip the line to my concert - I was FRONT ROW last night! This time I'd want a balcony seat in the front. My ears are still ringing from last night and being on top of Michael Wilton's amplifier!

So, hmmm. What to do? I'd phone SirSteve, but it's 6:30am right now and I don't think he'd still be on Florida-time after 4 days in California, possibly partying with some of you guys. I'm just up with my usual insomnia. I think I crashed about 1:30 last night after I got home from the show and I woke up again at 4:30 this morning. So I'm going to be thrilled when I can get back to sleep. So I think a day-trip for C4 is out of the question for that reason, too.

So the question remains, what are you guys doing at like 11:30 tonight?

Banthaholic
05-27-2007, 11:56 AM
I have to say this has been one heck of a weekend. While I would have loved being at CIV, living through the pictures has been the best. Once again SSG has stuff up that otheR Sites linked to for awhile till they got their own pics up.

The Ewoks are awesome! Love that we're getting a few more furballs for my Scout Troopers to have target practice at. The Y-Wing with a figure and a droid is a bargain. Can't wait to add that one to my fleet. The one thing I realized this weekend is it's going to be an expensive year. Yikes, time to work some extra hours to afford it all. HAd to rerwatch E3 last night in anticipation of the new vehicles.

The Comic packs are awesome. I reread Purge last night, and think they made a good choice. Hopefully they'll do another purge with Tsui Choi sometime soon with a ripped to heck Vader (though the upcoming video gamer one might work for that as well).

Good job to Hasbro, they pull out all the stops for this one.

I also am in a market for the freebie Hasrbo coin. If anyone grabs an extra please PM me, I'll gladly send you money for shipping and a little extra for your time. If not I'll resort to the Bay, but I'd rather not help promote scalping if I didn't have to.

jjreason
05-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I have to agree about the Ewoks - what a great looking set they'll be. R2 on the Ewok spit I'm not crazy about - something's a little wonky with him. Torture Rack Han's face I liked better than I thought I would (I recently read something that made me think it wasn't going to be that good - looks great to me!).

Banthaholic
05-27-2007, 08:58 PM
I have to agree about the Ewoks - what a great looking set they'll be. R2 on the Ewok spit I'm not crazy about - something's a little wonky with him. Torture Rack Han's face I liked better than I thought I would (I recently read something that made me think it wasn't going to be that good - looks great to me!).

I might be the sole person that is thrilled about ties up R2. My thinking is it's almost like part of a playset. The tied up assessory as well as the net sells this one for me. R2 I could care less for, I have every other version and other than blown up version from IV and VI there isn't much else they can do with R2 that hasn't been done. Since Hasbro is somewhat reluctant to give us a new Ewok Village I guess I'll be happy to take it piece by piece.

mark2d2
05-28-2007, 12:43 PM
The Exok Capture Artoo or whatever he's called is pretty cool, actually. And a great companion piece to last year's Threepio.

The Y-Wing and the vintage in person left me very, very excited. As did Jawa w/LIN-V8K and CZ-4.

mark2d2
05-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Mark, there are actually 2 droids with the Y-Wing. one is dedicated and can't be taken out, the other one is your regular astromech figure.

Tycho, for those of us in LA, there aren't any travel expenses so in that regard, i wouldn't be the best person to ask with regards to if it's worth it or not. this is my first one and i would definitely love to go to another. i just wish the exclusives were handled a bit better and that crowd control wasn't so bad around the hasbro and gentle giant booths. i also enjoyed the autograph signings - like i said in the LA thread, Amy Allen and Jeremy Bulloch were really nice.

however, the event does seem to be lacking in a certain sense of "magic". i always envisioned the celebrations to be like a Star Wars themed Disneyland, albeit without the rides. at the LA Convention Center, there just aren't really any decorations anywhere to suggest that it's a SW Celebration...sure there are people in all sorts of costumes but the facilities look really dull.

Figrin Bran: Thanks for the info on the droid. Although, I was actually already aware of that -- a point hard to decipher in my rather clunkily in a wordy post. And I do agree with Your thoughts on Celebration.

TYCHO and OTHERS:

For me, C 4 was a lot of fun. (ZERO travel expenses, plus I live in Los Feliz on the metro red line so getting there only cost me $3.00 in subway far.) I gotta agree though that the facilities did look rather drab.

And the Lucas Archives was a real disappointment. Maybe like 1/10th of the Magic of Myth Tour I saw a long time ago. I dunno, maybe everything is out on display somewhere else? It just seemed that with this being so close to Lucas Film and what not they sure could have sent out a few more trucks. . . Personally, I would love them to do a DROIDS OF THE SANDCRAWLER exhibit at some point. Or even an EVOLUTION OF THE DROIDS that features robots from all six films or something. . . (Call me, Lucasfilm, I have some great ideas....)

I, too, did enjoy the Autograph area though I only pick up Paul Blake's --- GREEDO!!!! --- and Kenny Baker's. Paul was really charming and nice. We had a pleasent little visit about his part in making the film and about how he spent a lot of time shooting the cut Jabba scene. Greedo was one of my favorite figures as a child, so I'm still geeking out over this.

I am REALLY bummed I couldn't go attend for two days and that I missed Carrie Fisher. I heard people just raving about her show. The HOUR WITH ANTHONY DANIELS and WOOKIES ALWAYS WIN were both pretty amazing. I was a bit annoyed that so many events overlapped. I mean, I definitely would have gone to the Lando Diaries, but there was overlap with Anthony's show and Threepio trumps Lando in my book.

The costumes were INSANE. And it was interesting to see how obscure some people could go with it. Lots of random Corusant people.

Even more amazing was when I took a wrong turn into a room and there were maybe a dozen or so fan-made, life-size astromechs whizzing all over the place. I was nearly run over by one and it stopped short, beeped very angrily at me before rolling its head around in abject disgust as it wheeled of in the other direction. Now, I know this was all done by a guy with remotes, but for a brief second I totally felt like I was "IN" Star Wars. Dang! Those droids were beyond amazing. And they work so well!!! Lucas sure could have used them on ANH!

The merchandise was cool. I picked up an awesome T-shirt with (I think) a Japanese Star Wars poster on it for $30. (Company out of Santa Monica called Junk Food.) I am glad I went, definitely. But don't think I will fly across country to Chicago or elsewhere for the next one. If it was in LA or even San Francisco --- which I love and always am looking for an excuse to go there --- I attend in a heartbeat. It was neat seeing Hasbro stuff on display BEFORE it hits the shelves. And it was fun buying an exclusive figure and not having to hit ebay. . .

Val Da Car
05-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Did anyone get any spare of the McQuarrie R2 & C3 p0 figures.

Please PM if you did.

Thanks

VDC

dindae
05-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Found this auction for those needing the R2 3po concept figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190117801119

19.95 + 7.99 shipping

184 available.

Snowtrooper
05-28-2007, 11:44 PM
I thought I had read somewhere that those who have a Monday pass will be able to pick these up for free. They apparently didn't sell very well and now they are trying to get rid of them. You should be able to pick these up somewhere online in the not to distant future, hopefully for a reasonable price.

Val Da Car
05-29-2007, 12:09 AM
This explains the statement that someone bought cases of these figures...oh well.

DarthQuack
05-29-2007, 12:30 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190117801119 (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1467700&loc=%68%74%74%70%3a%2f%2f%63%67%69%2e%65%62%61%79% 2e%63%6f%6d%2f%77%73%2f%65%42%61%79%49%53%41%50%49 %2e%64%6c%6c%3f%56%69%65%77%49%74%65%6d%26%69%74%6 5%6d%3d%31%39%30%31%31%37%38%30%31%31%31%39)

19.95 + 7.99 shipping

184 available.

I went ahead and ordered this and the Luke figure from the seller as well...beats looking around for it elsewhere online.

Beast
05-29-2007, 12:31 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190117801119

19.95 + 7.99 shipping

184 available.
Over 40 of the sold in an hour since you linked. It's actually not a bad deal.

Since it's a Buy It Now and the Shipping isn't psychotically insane.

Val Da Car
05-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Could you complete the checkout process?

btw down to 141 now

Beast
05-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Could you complete the checkout process?

btw down to 141 now
I'm not getting them. Was just commenting. Heh. :D

figrin bran
05-29-2007, 02:29 AM
I thought I had read somewhere that those who have a Monday pass will be able to pick these up for free. They apparently didn't sell very well and now they are trying to get rid of them. You should be able to pick these up somewhere online in the not to distant future, hopefully for a reasonable price.

it's not that they didn't sell well but rather that they were enforcing purchasing limits - 5 figures if you had a pass for the entire CIV, 1 figure if you only had a one day pass and they punched your punches when you buy them so there wasn't anyway around it.

pegger
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Darn it...they are all gone now.:mad:

Mad Slanted Powers
05-29-2007, 09:24 AM
I ordered a couple, but it wouldn't let me pay for it. I sent a "request total" e-mail to the seller, so hopefully I'll be able to get that straightened out when I get home from work.

Jargo
05-29-2007, 02:13 PM
I hate that R2-KT figure.

some good stuff and some pants stuff. same as always. Really not liking Hermie's soft goods. pretty decent new vehicles and a decent refresh on the Y-wing. I don't collect the GH's but they sure are cool. never thought i'd ever see Wuher become one though. sweeeeeet!

love the yoda Kybuck combo. having seen the animated maquette version i was worried it would turn out too cartoony but they've done a decent job turning it into a beast that's as credible looking as the tauntaun. not so sure about the massive gap at the head from the ball jointing there but it won't detract me from buying it. or several. though probably no more than two.....

finally a different Lando. looks good. will buy. ewoks look cool. will buy those too. I'm disappointed that grievous turned out looking like cross between an ewok movie marauder and a thin bedraggled abandoned puppy. his leg length and weird feet seem to belong to something other than grievous. or star wars.

the eye mechanism on threepio with salacious fat bastage crumb looks a bit lame. you either have the back of his head hanging loose or his eye socket. what was wrong with just a plug in eye socket? I'll buy it and customise a tad I think.

r2 with cargo net sounds like such a dumb release but actually i'll buy it. it fits with my ewoks, the cargo net looks cool and I'm in need of another astro droid.

darth malak looks like a penis. there I've said it. and don't tell me none of you noticed.

sinbad the sailor anakin with tattoos is like mmm yeah such a needed figure. unless of course it was made to please kevin spacey....

a lot of the new stuff I like I'll wait til final product emerges before deciding on. seen too many decent prototypes turned into monstrous things in final production to trust pictures at this stage.

rbaumhauer
05-29-2007, 02:17 PM
There have been more auctions added, and the seller is also selling via their website - www.toyrocket.com . Ordered one earlier today.

DarthQuack
05-29-2007, 03:15 PM
I ordered a couple, but it wouldn't let me pay for it. I sent a "request total" e-mail to the seller, so hopefully I'll be able to get that straightened out when I get home from work.

Same here as well...ordered the droids and Luke..still waiting...

EDIT: I checked around 4pm and they sent an invoice and I paid...so hopefully mine is in the mail soon!

waboritas
05-29-2007, 05:52 PM
What is the general consensus? Will we see these at Hasbrotoyshop.com or Starwarshop.com? What was face value, $19.99?

Mad Slanted Powers
05-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Yes, the invoice was waiting for me when I got home. I would have ordered the Luke from there as well, but it was $29.99. I'll take my chances on it being available through HTS again. If not, I'm sure I'll be able to find it at $29.99 at some point in the future.

HTS did have the stands available now, so I got a set of those. They also had the 501st Stormtrooper from last year's Comic Con I believe, so I ordered one of those as well.

waboritas
05-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Broke down and ordered from Toyrocket as well. This McLine is too cool to pass up. Heck of a lot cheeper than a trip to LA.

DarkArtist
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
did anyone perhaps pick up an extra set of the vintage Kenner coins that were in the collector forums that they might want to sell ? If so PM me.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Okay i found the pick I wanted to. THIS is the guy!

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/b1/Lepira.jpg

Reminds me a bit of Kirk Cameron.

jonthejedi
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Got my C3PO/RD Concept CIV figures from ToyRocket today...now my question for anyone who attended CIV. Why is there what looks like an extra cardback behind the duo. Is this just a CIV insert? Was everyone's like this? Inquiring minds want to know!

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Got my C3PO/RD Concept CIV figures from ToyRocket today...now my question for anyone who attended CIV. Why is there what looks like an extra cardback behind the duo. Is this just a CIV insert? Was everyone's like this? Inquiring minds want to know!
Lazy! Just open the dang thing and find out! :p

The outer loose cardback is the classic poster art as seen on the obverse but more of it and no other graphics. The actual cardback has the standard McQuarrie concept line's design.

I haven't read much of this thread, been busy writing my recap article and organizing the other CIV articles. Anything I should know about, anything I could clear up?

DarkArtist
06-16-2007, 09:58 AM
just recieved my CIV Lukes today in the mail. ordered two of this figure since I am trying to keep an entire set of the concept figures MOC.

waboritas
06-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Did your CIV Lukes come from Hasbrotoyshop? I am getting a runaround that they are out of stock and I ordered on 5/26, made the call, etc. I wrote them a message voicing my displeasure with the way they handled the order. Is anyone else having this problem?

Snowtrooper
06-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I haven't gotten my yet, but they shipped on the 15th, so I'm expecting them in a few days. Hopefully there's no problems.

Did they send you any e-mails:shipping notice, out of stock, or order cancellation notices?

Val Da Car
06-20-2007, 10:26 PM
I wasn't able to cancel my two extra orders for the McLuke so I had 4 boxes on my front porch.

I might have an extra McLuke to help out any SSG'ers.

Thanks

VDC