PDA

View Full Version : So where's SideShow at Celebration 4?

Tycho
05-24-2007, 03:47 PM
I want to see what's in store for SideShow for later 2007 and Star Wars.

Remember Jabba, Boussh, and Bib Fortuna debuted at 2006 Comic Con?

We already knew about Yavin Luke, Bubo, and Holo Sidious.

What's new and next?

bigbarada
05-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Well apparently this is:

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=21814&cat=5323

:love: :love: :love:

It looks like a 12" scale Biker Scout on Speeder Bike, how amazingly cool is that? If anyone has any info on it, that would be great.

Turambar
05-25-2007, 09:29 PM
I was hoping that was a 12" figure! that looks awesome! It will break the bank, but hopefully not nearly as much as jabba did.
Other figures i saw that i wasnt sure of were a sandtrooper, boba fett, old obi wan, and 3po & r2. any news on these?

Tycho
05-25-2007, 09:58 PM
The Scout Trooper on Speederbike looks exactly like Hasbro's. I have 2 from back in the day. So far, nothing yet as interested me, though an Action Collection sized R2-D2 could be useful to me.

bigbarada
05-25-2007, 10:42 PM
The Scout Trooper on Speederbike looks exactly like Hasbro's. I have 2 from back in the day. So far, nothing yet as interested me, though an Action Collection sized R2-D2 could be useful to me.

Except that Hasbro's 12" figures were a joke in the quality department. I was hoping for a 12" Biker Scout from Sideshow, but I had no idea that they would also be making a Speeder Bike. I hope that it is more correctly scaled than Hasbro's Bike.

I'm also wondering if these two will be sold separately (like the Jabba set) or together in one giant box.

bigbarada
05-26-2007, 08:21 AM
It looks like that Biker Scout is going to be a Premium Format Figure.:( So that means it will most likely be way too big and way too expensive for me.

Turambar
05-26-2007, 05:49 PM
It looks like that Biker Scout is going to be a Premium Format Figure.:( So that means it will most likely be way too big and way too expensive for me.

Oh, so it will be a 18" scale item? Its hard to tell from those photos what was 12" and what was 18". I definitely dont wanna get into the spending of the larger ones. The 12" ones are pricey enough for me.
I really would like to see what's next for the military line.

Darth Cruel
05-27-2007, 12:46 AM
The Biker Scout and Speeder are, in fact, premium format. The only new 12" scale piece debuting at C4 is the ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I had a feel-good moment at Sideshow's booth at C4 today.

They had a trivia contest and asked "Who had their blaster cut in half on one of Jabba's..."

At that point I blurted out "Boba Fett!" And won a set of the 1:6 scale Sith Eye Probe Droids. I already have them so I handed them to the nearest kid to me and walked away.

Sith Lord 0498
05-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Oh, so it will be a 18" scale item? Its hard to tell from those photos what was 12" and what was 18". I definitely dont wanna get into the spending of the larger ones. The 12" ones are pricey enough for me.
I really would like to see what's next for the military line.

The Speeder Bike PF statue is around the 3 feet long mark, and it's also going to cost $799.

bigbarada
05-28-2007, 11:13 PM
The Speeder Bike PF statue is around the 3 feet long mark, and it's also going to cost $799.

Holy crap! That's more than I paid for my truck!:mad:

I guess there's no way I'm buying this one. I really dislike those stupid Premium Format figures, why can't they just focus on the 12" stuff?

Bosskman
05-29-2007, 04:32 AM
They're cool but I have no room/money for stuff like that. Wish I did....

AmanaMatt
05-29-2007, 10:45 PM
I was underwhelmed at Sideshow's stuff - I spent 20 min over there for the entire show....the Biker Scout is cool, but not $864 (including tax plus at least $50 shipping...that's well over $900 shipped - NO WAY!

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 11:21 PM
I want to see what's in store for SideShow for later 2007 and Star Wars.

Remember Jabba, Boussh, and Bib Fortuna debuted at 2006 Comic Con?

We already knew about Yavin Luke, Bubo, and Holo Sidious.

What's new and next?Not much, as it turns out. Just Bossk 1:1 bust, Premium Format Biker Scout, 12" ANH Obi-Wan, bronze Vader statue, and 1:1 Droids.

Other figures i saw that i wasnt sure of were a sandtrooper, boba fett, old obi wan, and 3po & r2. any news on these?Sandtrooper and Boba Fett are part of the Medicom RAH line's display, I believe, which Sideshow distributes here in the US. ANH Obi-Wan was the new 12" figure, and R2 & 3PO are life-sized, $6k!

The Scout Trooper on Speederbike looks exactly like Hasbro's. I have 2 from back in the day. So far, nothing yet as interested me, though an Action Collection sized R2-D2 could be useful to me.You have bad eyes if you think Hasbro's junk looks half as good as their Premium Format prototype. The bike is in scale this time, has better paint, better proportions; the scout's armor is more accurate, body proportions are right, pose is something Hasbro's junk body could never do.

Except that Hasbro's 12" figures were a joke in the quality department. Boy, you said it! The further away we get from that line, the more embarrassing it appears.

I guess there's no way I'm buying this one. I really dislike those stupid Premium Format figures, why can't they just focus on the 12" stuff?Because it's not what they want to do, it's not high-end enough for a lot of their customers.

I was underwhelmed at Sideshow's stuff - I spent 20 min over there for the entire show....the Biker Scout is cool, but not $864 (including tax plus at least $50 shipping...that's well over $900 shipped - NO WAY!Yeah, that's how I felt too, it wasn't enough to keep me interested. Maybe they're holding back for SDCC, I dunno, but it was weird.

Tycho
06-04-2007, 06:46 AM
You have bad eyes if you think Hasbro's junk looks half as good as their Premium Format prototype.

Then SideShow should make Sith Eyes contact lenses that will help me see better :D

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 06:31 PM
What they should do is force you to sit down and look at all the stuff you've bought in the past 12 years in a brightly lit room, no more depending on the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia. :p

Tycho
06-04-2007, 07:20 PM
What they should do is force you to sit down and look at all the stuff you've bought in the past 12 years in a brightly lit room, no more depending on the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia. :p

I'll reconsider my Force Battlers and Jedi Force stuff only if you'll take a second look at your crappy Cyberton and Armada Transformers :P

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 11:24 PM
You are ignorant of Transformers from the past few years, when was the last time you played with Armada Thrust or Cybertron Defense Scattorshot?

Tycho
06-05-2007, 03:06 AM
You are ignorant of Transformers from the past few years, when was the last time you played with Armada Thrust or Cybertron Defense Scattorshot?

You got me there. But you've never even handled Alternator Ravage out of his package (or in it, for all I know.)

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 05:06 PM
I have not, but I've at least handled his brethren and examined the figure's photos based on what I know of the line as a whole - you cannot say the same of the figures you bash. :p