PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow 12" ANH Obi Wan

Bosskman
05-25-2007, 05:07 AM
Man this is, quite simply put. The Best. 12" Figure. Ever.

Turambar
05-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Looks really really awesome. any idea when the preordering will be?

Sith Lord 0498
05-27-2007, 10:18 PM
PPO is going to be June 7.

I'm on the fence about this figure. It looks great, but lately I've been let down by the drastic figures between the prototype paint apps and the final production results. Plus, I have my personal favorite Obi-Wan already...the Episode III version.

I may wait until the figure ships and I see in-hand shots. Then I'll make my decision.

Besides, the exclusive doesn't seem all that great since it appears that it's the Holographic Leia.

AmanaMatt
05-29-2007, 11:43 PM
It seems like new 12"ers have really slowed down, so this one is a must buy for me - I am already thinking of ditching all of my prequel figs and just collecting classic stuff.

plasticfetish
05-30-2007, 04:50 AM
This figure looked great at C4... a great head sculpt. If the final product lives up to what was shown, then it'll be brilliant.

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 08:44 PM
I can't really explain why, but for some reason I kept missing this figure at their booth for 3 days solid. When I finally found it, I took a lot of personal photos, it looks great.

I spent a lot of time shooting the accessories, I ended up with 1 really nice shot of the lightsaber which could not be more accurate I think, right down to the number of calculator bubbles for the activation plate: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23846&cat=5323

And a few shots of the hologram, which I decided I needed to get right up in its grille:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23845&cat=5323
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23847&cat=5323
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23848&cat=5323
("Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, my eyes are huge and creepy and alien-like!")

It seems like new 12"ers have really slowed down, so this one is a must buy for me - I am already thinking of ditching all of my prequel figs and just collecting classic stuff.You are so right, they have slowed down, I suspect they're hitting the wall on these, maybe production overload or something.

This figure looked great at C4... a great head sculpt. If the final product lives up to what was shown, then it'll be brilliant.The thing is though, the head looks way more ambitious than any prior 12" in both paint and sculpt. I don't doubt this will be the best ANH Obi-Wan 12", but they're reaching pretty high which means if they fall, it'll be a hard thud. Oh, and the ears stick out a little too much.

plasticfetish
06-03-2007, 10:30 PM
but they're reaching pretty high which means if they fall, it'll be a hard thud.That's very true. For me, after the whole Han thing, if this and the Leia figure don't turn out just right, then I may give up.

...oh, I used my $40 gift card (right on!) to order Bib BTW, so I'll let you know what I think about that one...

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm not going to tie myself down to any decision ever, I'm scaling back but still willing to buy stuff I really dig.

My card is $30, I may buy Bib with it, so LMK how he is.

ds6161
06-05-2007, 04:21 PM
how much $ is this??
$50 or is it a Premire at $350+???

plasticfetish
06-06-2007, 03:20 AM
I'm not going to tie myself down to any decision ever, I'm scaling back but still willing to buy stuff I really dig.

My card is $30, I may buy Bib with it, so LMK how he is.He shows up tomorrow, so...

how much $ is this??
$50 or is it a Premire at $350+???He's a "regular" figure, so probably around $55-ish. I'll let you know on Thursday morning after 10. ;)

Jayspawn
06-06-2007, 04:54 PM
This figure you definatly cannot miss! I saw it in person at CIV and its simply among their best work. The weathering on the accessories and detailing on Guinesse's likeness is outstanding!

Jayspawn
06-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Today is preorder day! Now I'm just watching the clock....:cross-eye

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 12:53 PM
...tic, tic, tic...

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm getting errors for the first time ever!

Software error:

Error occurred. Please contact MAS support at support@makeastore.com at /usr/home/sites/www.sideshowtoy.com/heavymetal/commonlib/var_funcs.pm line 602.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@www.sideshowtoy.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:10 PM
This sucks, the page displays nothing but that error, they've never had it behave this way before.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:24 PM
This is utterly ridiculous. The last one of these went smoothly and quickly, here we are 20 minutes in and still nothing.

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I'm getting the same thing... bummer!

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I'll bet after CIV, the demand for this is very high... crashed their wee little servers.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:29 PM
This is the type of thing that makes collectors say stuff like "I'm going to sell off my entire collection!"

And now's the time they drop the limits to 1,977 pieces, nice timing, right when everybody is interested. STUPID! No working servers, line momentum is stalling, and the threat of failure is higher than ever?!?

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 01:31 PM
This is the type of thing that makes collectors say stuff like "I'm going to sell off my entire collection!"I'll probably keep my Twilight Zone figures. ;)

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:32 PM
I'll bet after CIV, the demand for this is very high... crashed their wee little servers.
Except for the last PPOs, this has been the same problem every time - though not to this degree. Maybe they should do something about that. Man do I hate Sideshow right now, I woke up while being super sick to sit here for half an hour and watch them crash and burn.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:39 PM
So, anybody get theirs yet?

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:43 PM
So, anybody get theirs yet?
Is that a no? :p Still fighting with their mouse of a server?

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 01:48 PM
No.

I'm seeing on "other" sites that people are getting the error message, but after 100 tries on the phone, are getting through.

No doubt, it'll slowly sell out on the phone...

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:49 PM
No.

I'm seeing on "other" sites that people are getting the error message, but after 100 tries on the phone, are getting through.

No doubt, it'll slowly sell out on the phone...
The phone? Their phone bank is like a dozen people at best, at that rate I can't imagine how long it'll take to bust through. Plus, what about the stupid rewards points?

Tsien
06-07-2007, 01:49 PM
I got through by phone after 40 minutes of redial

wampaslayr
06-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Still denied. Brilliant planning on Sideshow's part. They are doing two priority pre-orders today. One of the SDCC exclusives (John Connor T2 bust) also went up at 10:00 am. Way to go Sideshow!

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 01:51 PM
...I'll let you know, but...

PRE-ORDER BY PHONE
Phone orders will be taken for qualified 'Priority Pre-Order' subscribers after 10 am (PT), however due to recent server upgrades, and website enhancements, we believe that your online ordering experience will be significantly faster then ordering via phone. We can not guarantee that there will be items available for customers waiting on hold, if the edition sells through online. Also, if for some reason you place an order via phone and also via the web, only one order will be honored.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:51 PM
I got through by phone after 40 minutes of redial
Sounds like I should have started trying 48 minutes ago. :p

Do you get an email confirmation immediately with that or...?

BTW, their email about this PPO specifically:

Phone orders will be taken for qualified 'Priority Pre-Order' subscribers after 10 am (PT), however due to recent server upgrades, and website enhancements, we believe that your online ordering experience will be significantly faster then ordering via phone. We can not guarantee that there will be items available for customers waiting on hold, if the edition sells through online. Also, if for some reason you place an order via phone and also via the web, only one order will be honored.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Still denied. Brilliant planning on Sideshow's part. They are doing two priority pre-orders today. One of the SDCC exclusives (John Connor T2 bust) also went up at 10:00 am. Way to go Sideshow!Oh man, that's just f'ing perfect, way to go Sideshow! :rolleyes:

...I'll let you know, but...

PRE-ORDER BY PHONE
Phone orders will be taken for qualified 'Priority Pre-Order' subscribers after 10 am (PT), however due to recent server upgrades, and website enhancements, we believe that your online ordering experience will be significantly faster then ordering via phone. We can not guarantee that there will be items available for customers waiting on hold, if the edition sells through online. Also, if for some reason you place an order via phone and also via the web, only one order will be honored.Haw! Great minds thinking alike, eh?

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Someone out there suggested using their secure server, but that's just as dead to me.

Tsien
06-07-2007, 01:56 PM
"Do you get an email confirmation immediately with that or...?"

Operator said I'd get email confirmation within 24 hours.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Aw man, that's weak, they really owe you a friggin' proof of order on this, what if they lose the data they wrote down? Obviously they don't have a robust system.

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 02:02 PM
So lame...

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Ooooh... my call's gone through, but I'm on hold...

Edit: Okay, I nailed it.

Their server is down. The girl on the phone was very nice, but obviously a little bummed out by the whole thing.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Gee I'm so glad I didn't use the bathroom before I started this endeavour. :(

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Ooooh... my call's gone through, but I'm on hold...

Edit: Okay, I nailed it.

Their server is down. The girl on the phone was very nice, but obviously a little bummed out by the whole thing.
See, now that doesn't make any sense, they JUST told us that due to recent server upgrades, and website enhancements, they believe that your online ordering experience will be significantly faster then ordering via phone. :crazed:

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Hmm, now the server is acting differently for me, it's blank page, reload now it's slowly loading.

I see, it's kicking different errors that are only in code. Could be their system is slowly returning to life. I wonder if it'll be just in time to show me... HOLY CRAP IT'S 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR!!!

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Hmm, now the server is acting differently for me, it's blank page, reload now it's slowly loading.

I see, it's kicking different errors that are only in code. Could be their system is slowly returning to life. I wonder if it'll be just in time to show me... HOLY CRAP IT'S 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR!!!
No way, the revenge of ISE is upon us all!

Anyway, was going to say "just in time to see them all sold out"

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 02:15 PM
I know, I know... it's crazy. Fancy that... problems with the internet.

I'm imagining that the demand load is super high for this one. Probably the biggest draw yet for any of these figures.

Just keep dialing JT...

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:18 PM
I know, I know... it's crazy. Fancy that... problems with the internet.

I'm imagining that the demand load is super high for this one. Probably the biggest draw yet for any of these figures.

Just keep dialing JT...
No, now it's the principle of the thing! I *am* doing this on the web whether they like it or not! They said that with their recent server upgrades, and website enhancements, they believe that my online ordering experience will be significantly faster then ordering via phone. That must mean that if I use the phone to order this, I will somehow travel back in time!

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:19 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Now their nameserver has crashed and the site doesn't load even an error.

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I spoke to "Destiny" on the phone. She was very nice. You might give it a try. ;)

(I've gotta go paint a kitchen now, so I'm checking out for a bit. Really hope that c*** worked, or I'll be just a little annoyed.)

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:24 PM
"Destiny"? Sounds ominous! According to Vader, my destiny lies with him, and I just don't think that sounds very good.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Perhaps part of the problem is that their network is named Crashy McWorthless. ;)

bpr2
06-07-2007, 02:26 PM
I got through on the phone. The Girl took my name and phone number and that was it. A little worrisome. I hope they just look us up in the database when it is up and running.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Oh man, Crashy McWorthless is now redirecting to a new page, ending in "site2" and it's WORKING!

wampaslayr
Finally got thru on the phone and they took my name and number and said an email would be sent within 24 hours. The order number will start with a "P".

The irony is that I literally work up the street from them. I could have gone in person and placed my order and avoided this madness.

JediTricks
YES! Crashy McWorthless just gave me a confirm number! Their failure is now complete! (By that I mean, their failure is no longer failing me)

I have preordered, I am among the 1977 people to actually have a priority preorder, and just 1 hour and 27 minutes later! :p

Jaina Solo
06-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Well, this is sucking. I thought it was just my connection (I'm still stuck on dialup) but I've been trying to get the site to load since 10AM, and I get nothing but weird errors. I was going to try to get through on the phone, but if they're only taking names and phone numbers, I'm not really optimistic

bpr2
06-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Get online NOW!

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:31 PM
NO WAY!!! I even got an email confirmation! Suck it, free time I could have used to do anything better than this!

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 02:33 PM
...okay, my online order's gone through now also, so I suppose I'm really done with this.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:33 PM
"Thank you for shopping with us at Sideshow Collectibles. We strive to make your shopping experience with us an easy and pleasant one."

Maybe that phrase shouldn't be on their "Your order has been placed" page right now.

bpr2
06-07-2007, 02:34 PM
I ordered on the phone, then a few minutes later, the site came up. I ordered there. They will probably cancel the phone order. I did get an email for the web order. :thumbsup::D

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:35 PM
"Also, if for some reason you place an order via phone and also via the web, only one order will be honored."

I get the feeling they're going to hose some of the customers that ONLY called on the phone, 24 hour later confirmation emails make the baby Jesus cry.

bpr2
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I logged back in and there are less than 100. Get yours NOW! It looks to be one of the BEST.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I logged back in and there are less than 100. Get yours NOW! It looks to be one of the BEST.
30 left! Yikes!

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:38 PM
30 left! Yikes!
AND HE IS OUTTA HERE!!!

Jaina Solo
06-07-2007, 02:42 PM
...Well, crap.

Is that just the exclusive, or are both versions sold out?

bpr2
06-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Now to order a Regular one for my son.

bpr2
06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
The Regular edition is up!

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:54 PM
...Well, crap.

Is that just the exclusive, or are both versions sold out?Just exclusive, the regular version is apparently now online: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2114

I doubt it'll sell through until at least the end of the weekend, probably more like a whole week.

I just looked at my confirmation email, $72 with tax and shipping. ACK!!! Question, did anybody notice a way to apply Sideshow Rewards points during this PPO?
EDIT: Ok, I see it on regular edition Obi-Wan, bottom of the right column with coupon codes, not very obvious.

I just posted this in their comments section:
"...due to recent server upgrades, and website enhancements, we believe that your online ordering experience will be significantly faster then ordering via phone." - SSC email on impending PPO

Please never ever ever ever do another double priority preorder again. This was, without a doubt, the worst PPO experience in the history of the program. It's especially heartbreaking since the last PPO I did went remarkably smoothly, but all that goodwill is shot down in flames now after spending an hour and a half trying to order. And maybe it's time Star Wars did more Inclusives rather than Exclusives.

"We strive to make your shopping experience with us an easy and pleasant one." - SSC order placed page

Um... strive harder maybe? It'd be nice to hear Sideshow explain what goes wrong and how they're working on remedying it in the future, would generate more patience and understanding. I don't want to feel like a chump when I go to preorder your products.

Jaina Solo
06-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the link, JediTricks. And I agree 110% with your comments to Sideshow. Something tells me they're gonna be getting a lot of those. I just love how the PPO was supposed to work BETTER this time around.

And I actually believed them when they said that. Silly me!

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Sure thing, sorry it couldn't be for the exclusive though.

Yeah, I bought into their claims of upgrades and better performance and response as well. What really pushed me over the edge to post that was they're actually crowing in their news about this Double PPO like it's a good thing rather than the imminent debacle we saw.

Jaina Solo
06-07-2007, 03:23 PM
That's okay, I can live without holo Leia, though she would've been cool. Guess I'll get on the wait list, if I can ever get the site to load for me...

I hadn't noticed that there was a second PPO today, too. Wonder what genius thought that up.

Jayspawn
06-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I got tired of waiting so I actually left and missed the Exclusive while I was gone. Thats fine though. I'd open it reguardless.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 06:04 PM
You folks should jump on the wait list as well, I imagine a lot of folks called and then ordered online anyway.

Darth Cruel
06-07-2007, 09:46 PM
You folks should jump on the wait list as well, I imagine a lot of folks called and then ordered online anyway.

Like me.

I ordered over the phone. I didn't know my wife was ordeing for me and got through on the computer. I called well after the PPO and cancelled my phone order.

Darth Cruel
06-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Still denied. Brilliant planning on Sideshow's part. They are doing two priority pre-orders today. One of the SDCC exclusives (John Connor T2 bust) also went up at 10:00 am. Way to go Sideshow!

Actually they had 3. But they were staggered in 2 hour increments. I am not sure what the 3rd one was. The rep told me there were 3. But the problems were not the website. It was the server (not that there is much difference in the results).

Edit - And the sculpt is awesome. It was done by a 16-year-old.

jedibear
06-07-2007, 10:57 PM
That was easily the most intense, nail-biting PPO for a SW figure yet...

...that is, until they offer an armored character or Lord Vader.

Then we'll see those "servers" go nuclear!

Jaina Solo
06-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Well, that only took about ten hours too long, trying off and on since 10AM... Sucess at last!

AmanaMatt
06-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Today was the worst preorder day I have ever had with Sideshow - I was able to score the exclusive after all - figured I missed the exclusive and ordered the reg by phone - but the email says the exclusive, so that's cool. I just like the idea of 1977 of them!

Thanks, guys for meantioning the CIV gift cards - I forgot I even had one - mine is good for $20, which is cool!

Bosskman
06-08-2007, 05:49 AM
I got mine after a grueling hour of typing in the wrong login password, thinking I forgot it, requesting a new one, not getting it, remembering my old one and having it not work because I requested a new one, requesting another new one and not getting it only to realize hotmail put them BOTH in the junk mail folder. I tell ya, I never said the "f"word so much - and I'm in the army AND work in the construction industry!

JediTricks
06-09-2007, 03:45 AM
Actually they had 3. But they were staggered in 2 hour increments. I am not sure what the 3rd one was. The rep told me there were 3. But the problems were not the website. It was the server (not that there is much difference in the results).There was no 3rd one I could find, the main page only mentions PPO for Obi-Wan and John Connor. Plus, the John Connor one is limited to 1,000 pieces yet still not sold out, so I don't think that was the chief problem. Their network of servers had a problem, my guess is most of the servers had shared bad coding or a crashed compiler took their shared systems down, and their network was freaking out from it and junking up the works.

That was easily the most intense, nail-biting PPO for a SW figure yet...

...that is, until they offer an armored character or Lord Vader.

Then we'll see those "servers" go nuclear!Hopefully they'll just do another Inclusive, that worked fantastic for Maul. IMO, all main characters should be Inclusives.

Thanks, guys for meantioning the CIV gift cards - I forgot I even had one - mine is good for $20, which is cool!Too bad they're not good on PPO, I would have totally used mine for it.

I got mine after a grueling hour of typing in the wrong login password, thinking I forgot it, requesting a new one, not getting it, remembering my old one and having it not work because I requested a new one, requesting another new one and not getting it only to realize hotmail put them BOTH in the junk mail folder. I tell ya, I never said the "f"word so much - and I'm in the army AND work in the construction industry!Ooh, that's the worst mistake to have happen. I get paranoid and always check my PW the night before a PPO, it's never gone wrong but I always worry it will.

JediTricks
12-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Well, I just got my notice on this figure. Crazy crazy. It looks like it'll be the 3rd 12" fig in 6 weeks, I'm sure that'll go over great with the accountant. And sorry Christmas presents, but Sideshow has some hatred for you.

Jayspawn
12-05-2007, 12:31 PM
I was starting to wonder about this figure. I'm glad something is finally happening on it. I was beyond impressed with it at CIV, so I'm very excited about this one.

JediTricks
12-07-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm actually not sure I'll have the funds if I don't get on the good foot, my account as it stands now is pretty barren and I have 2 weeks to change that.

I love that it's limited to 1977 pieces for the SE.

plasticfetish
12-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah, this is one of the figures that I didn't cancel. Am really excited about it... this'll pretty much end up being my Xmas present to me.

JediTricks
12-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Uhh... 9 days later, pre-auth? WTF? How is that 15 days? Pardon the poetic license in this article, I'm not feeling quite well and it's bringing out the weirdo in me: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1211

AmanaMatt
12-14-2007, 01:36 AM
These will go out next week and of course I will be in Ca visting the folks - good lord, I/Sideshow have bad timing with these crazy figs sometimes.

Cannot wait for Old Ben - forgot how lame the exclusive was - still dig the 1977 run on the exclusive version though!

Cannot wait for Han tomorrow!

Bosskman
12-14-2007, 05:00 AM
Obi Wan is quite possibly the beat yet. Hard with B Luke and Maul and Jabba to compete with but he might be......

JediTricks
12-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a good club to be in.

plasticfetish
12-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Yeah, this is one of the figures that I didn't cancel. Am really excited about it... this'll pretty much end up being my Xmas present to me.Aaaaaand, I changed my mind at the last minute. Seriously, Sideshow will probably delete my account soon enough. ;)

I need all of my cash for the holidays, so I decided to find this one later. (There's a place around here that sells Sideshow for less than what it's cost me to have it shipped, so...)

Curious to see what you all have to say once he's in hand. Will this one will be a flawless winner?

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 05:23 PM
You dropped Obi-Wan? How could you?!? ;) It's not that nutty a choice actually, uninspired SE accessory and they almost always have the SW figs to go on Second Chance.

plasticfetish
12-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm just too uptight about getting something and having to send it back anymore. I really need to look these things over before buying.

...and yeah, in retrospect I suppose I didn't care about the SE accessory at all.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 07:39 PM
That is a point I cannot argue with. I have had too many QC issues lately and I am getting a little gunshy myself. I loathe paying $7 shipping on these things, but they're supposed to get here soon so I can enjoy them immediately, not have to send them back and wait a week or 2.

My original plan with this line was to try to get it locally from one of my comic places, but these things fly even with huge markup there.

JediTricks
12-29-2007, 01:50 AM
Mine arrived in the mail today. The likeness is very good all around, though the eyes are more from the beginning of the movie than the later portions. The best angle is from his left, it's almost eerie how accurate that is. They did a great job with the costume all around, with his robe on or off it's instant Old Ben magic - when I put his Force-gesture left hand on and put is saber on his belt, I actually got chills! The sleeves of the robe are unfinished and slightly frayed, this at first just seems lazy, but it actually adds a subtle "beat up" feel to the outfit without taking it over the top. The hood seems to be the right size and shape, it has that wizard hat thing going a little extra strong but with some work I think it can look perfect. They gave him pants under his tan outfit, good to know, and I discovered this because I noticed he's wearing some rather Earthy no-laces workboots, is this accurate? I've never thought about Ben's shoes before.

The saber, oh man did they deliver here. The paint on this is incredibly good, best weathering in the line perhaps. The only design detail missing is the vanes in the middle of the neck's ring, but that's way more detailed than I think anybody could deliver. The figure looks very good with this saber in his hands, it's a natural fit.

The other accessories are 3 hands (including the aforementioned Force gesture hand), a base, a thin metal rod, and they go with the training remote which seems pretty good all around, it has the right feel to it. The SE accessory is holo Leia, it's not too shabby but the face is a little wide and cartoony.

All in all, I'd say this is another contender for best in the line, though my reservations are a little higher because of the extra cost compared to the small number of accessories.

AmanaMatt
12-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Ok, people are getting theirs and I have not even been charged for mine yet - let along having it shipped out!

I assume just Ca folks are getting these so far? I don't care that mine is slow out the gate, but I want to be sure there are no issues!

jedibear
12-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Old Ben is due up here in the northeast tundra on Jan 7th...

Bosskman
12-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Hope mine comes soon. Man this looks to be one awesome figure.....

maatu
01-01-2008, 01:04 AM
i have not been on here for a while. i missed out on the exclusive.But i got the regular ordered. i wonder if we will be getting a darth vader in 2008

Jayspawn
01-01-2008, 01:20 AM
I think that SS is stalling on the armored figures. Thats why we're conveniently getting offers for RAH Vader, Boba, Clonetrooper, etc and NOT actual SS releases.

Anyways, my Ben is supposed to arrive in the next week or so.

JediTricks
01-04-2008, 03:43 AM
I think if Sideshow can't get the ball rolling with armored figures in the next 4 months, they're going to start hemorrhaging collectors.

maatu
01-05-2008, 01:47 AM
that is very true...i would just like either darth vader or a furry chewbacca...

jedibear
01-06-2008, 12:19 AM
c'mon monday.... :)

Jayspawn
01-06-2008, 11:25 AM
My Obi is scheduled to arrive Monday so I'm excited. Opening him up!

jedibear
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
He's here!
The praise this figure is receiving from everyone is very well-deserved. He is fantastic! When I had the opportunity to view this figure's prototype at ClV last year, I hoped that the final product would come close to that level of excellence and....it does! The sculpt is truly one of the best Sideshow has produced for SW and the paint apps are outstanding. The saber hilts are among the best Sideshow has produced. A truly wonderful figure...don't pass this one up!

I'll put up more shots when I get home from work...but here's a quick one until then...

AmanaMatt
01-07-2008, 11:22 PM
My Old Ben finally arrives tomorrow...

I agree with some of you about the armored figures... Sideshow is delaying for no reason

jedibear
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Here's a couple more shots...

The sun is actually out, so I may tryn' get an outdoor shot of him...

This is fast becoming my favorite Sideshow figure to date....he's excellent.

jedibear
01-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Here's an outdoor shot...Old Ben out on the back alleys of Tatooine.... :)

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Glad you dig him as much as I do (maybe even more :D). Cool shots, I like the first one the best, the one in the dark in the robe, because it brings out the face just right for that outfit (the sun seems to wash out the finer lines in the face - this is a common problem with photography, which is why a cinematographer can make or break a film. Also, the sunlight shot, while cool with the critters, makes the robe seem even richer in color than it is).

jedibear
01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, the outdoors can be hit or miss with the light...here's another one, which granted, washes out the finer details of the sculpt...but I like the environment...

...very "Jundland Wastes"....:)

When spring hts, I'll some shots that look even more like that environment...right now it's still covered in ice!

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
That one works better because the background doesn't contrast against his skin as much, and the slight change in angle shows off more of the eyes and cheeks where a lot of the lines are. I like it! Got anything similar but more sandy-colored in the area?

jedibear
01-08-2008, 11:38 PM
I'll have to wait for the snow melt for that... :)
In the meantime...here's one of him about to meet his former apprentice in a final duel of destiny...

Man, I really love this figure...

sergiurusu
01-09-2008, 02:37 AM
Nice pictures guys!:thumbsup:

Bosskman
01-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I missed the exclusive version but when my Obi Wan showed up today it was the exclusive version, not the non-exclusive I had ordered. An unexpected surprise that was. Sweet.

Jayspawn
01-09-2008, 09:42 PM
I got my Old Ben a few days ago. Awesome figure -absolutly love it! My only beef is the very stiff hands mine comes with. But the likeness more than makes up for it!

plasticfetish
01-09-2008, 10:22 PM
I missed the exclusive version but when my Obi Wan showed up today it was the exclusive version, not the non-exclusive I had ordered. An unexpected surprise that was. Sweet.You probably got the one I canceled. ;)

My only beef is the very stiff hands mine comes with.Just like the real thing.

jonthejedi
01-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I picked this up today from any ebayer(I had to cancel when Sideshow was prebooking due to Christmas & Lack of $$$). This could possibly be the best face sculpt out of the 15 or so Sideshow has delivered thus far...you can literally see the wisdom of the Force in those eyes. Excellent job Sideshow, on this one!

JediTricks
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Congrats on the get, hope it wasn't too much on evilBay. And you're totally right, they nailed the wizardly wisdom in his face so well.