PDA

View Full Version : Wave 3 out now!

Thunderbird
05-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I just got back from Target and pick up wave 3.:shocked:
One full set and a extra Vader to open, the extra Stormtrooper went to my friend. Keep your eye open.

LTBasker
05-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Joy. All I've seen past wave 1 are a couple Hans and Lukes - and that was just yesterday!

DarkArtist
05-27-2007, 04:04 PM
wow, first the joys of trying to find wave 2, and now wave 3 along with the vintage line, I'm not sure if my wallet can handle it.

jjreason
05-27-2007, 04:21 PM
That's all we need up here in Canada.... for you guys to get about 3 waves in 2 months. We'll never catch up. :(

Sith Lord 0498
05-27-2007, 08:56 PM
And the hits just keep on comin'...

I'll have to start keeping my eyes open for the Concept Chewbacca figure. I've scaled down significantly on Hasbro, and I'm only going for unique clonetroopers and McQ concept figures for the time being...although the showings at Celebration IV have been tantalizing.

Kidhuman
05-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Bring it on, I am all caught up. :D

El Chuxter
05-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Got Biggs (Academy) and the Jawa today.

They had Vader and Luke, too. The vaporator looks like poop, and isn't enough to get me to buy an inferior Luke for $7.

AmanaMatt
05-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Got Biggs (Academy) and the Jawa today.

They had Vader and Luke, too. The vaporator looks like poop, and isn't enough to get me to buy an inferior Luke for $7.

Ironically, the paint job on the comic Luke stormie is pretty good - I may have to switch it out with that head. Is this the wave with the Mcquarrie Vader or the one with ben's cloak?

TheDarthVader
05-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Wave three is the one with the Vader with cloak. Wave four is the one that will have the McQuarrie Vader. Good luck to everyone. I have not found this wave yet.

jedi master sal
05-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Bring it on, I am all caught up. :D

I am to except for the extra Rebel Honor Guards I want and the Vintage line.

It figures, this stuff would all be hitting now. They had 5 solid months to put this stuff out. We should have been up to wave 4 or 5 by now. Now for most people, they are getting nearly 3 waves at once. I don't evny that for you folks. I'm glad I've been able to get this stuff over the last couple of months. Otherwise it would have been a serious hit to the wallt for me.

Luuuuuuke
05-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm not going to sweat this wave much. I'm sure I'll find the Concept Chewbacca. I have wave 4 ordered from EE and that has two stormtroopers, which is about all I wanted of those anyway.

Sith Lord 0498
05-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm sure that I'll find the concept Chewbecca as well. And if I can't, there's always the on-line option. I won't have as much of a problem paying more than retail when there's very little in the way of Hasbro that I want.

Thunderbird
05-28-2007, 01:39 PM
I just found more at Wal Mart this moring.:thumbsup: I finished of a second set to open. I ready for wave 4:D

It looks like there must have been 4 cases put out and the girl stocking the shelves said they had more in back.

BoShek
05-28-2007, 02:52 PM
I can't wait for Academy Biggs; I have been waiting for that figure all of my life!

decadentdave
05-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I found Vader with Obi-Wan's cloak. The cloak is NOT soft goods but is a big piece of molded rubber with a foot peg that I can't even get into Vader's foot. What a pathetic excuse to sell us another Vader. I feel ripped off.

Tatooine Luke is not much better either. The moisture vaporator is pretty cool. I could definitely pick up a few of these for displays but the figure is terrible. The sculpt is very bad. They could have at least included his hat and some binocs and the rifle instead of the lightsaber. Weak.

bigbarada
05-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Nothing here, not even wave 1 or 2. All we got are the TSC pegwarmers and an entire row of empty pegs where the TAC figures are supposed to be. They were empty on Thursday and I figured they must have restocked them by now, but I checked this morning (Monday) and they are still empty! So that five full days of zero TAC figures and just a big hole in their toy aisle display.

They don't even have any pegs set aside for vintage style figures because of those stupid comic 2-packs.:(

I just have this sinking feeling that when those pegs are filled, it will be with Saga Legends wave 1 and then I can forget about finding any new TAC figures at retail.:mad:

BoShek
05-30-2007, 05:53 PM
How I got my figures:
1. I helped unload a truck at my job at Wal Mart
2. I noticed that there were wave three boxes
3. I went to the toy isle before my 7 a.m. shift the next day and bought them!

bigbarada
05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Nothing here, not even wave 1 or 2. All we got are the TSC pegwarmers and an entire row of empty pegs where the TAC figures are supposed to be. They were empty on Thursday and I figured they must have restocked them by now, but I checked this morning (Monday) and they are still empty! So that five full days of zero TAC figures and just a big hole in their toy aisle display.

They don't even have any pegs set aside for vintage style figures because of those stupid comic 2-packs.:(

I just have this sinking feeling that when those pegs are filled, it will be with Saga Legends wave 1 and then I can forget about finding any new TAC figures at retail.:mad:

It's Wednesday now and those pegs are still empty.

DarthQuack
05-30-2007, 06:23 PM
My pegs are all filled with SAGA and remnants of Wave 1, yahoo!

Sith Lord 0498
05-30-2007, 06:51 PM
How I got my figures:
1. I helped unload a truck at my job at Wal Mart
2. I noticed that there were wave three boxes
3. I went to the toy isle before my 7 a.m. shift the next day and bought them!

INSIDER TRADING!!! INSIDER TRADING!!!!

lol lol lol

Hey, as long as you didn't specially set any aside for yourself and got them off the pegs fair and square, more power to ya!!!

jedi master sal
05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
INSIDER TRADING!!! INSIDER TRADING!!!!

lol lol lol

Hey, as long as you didn't specially set any aside for yourself and got them off the pegs fair and square, more power to ya!!!

Yeah, I tend to agree here. So long as you're not doing it for profit, I see no problem helping them out and getting some help yourself. I help the little ol' toy lady at my local WM and she calls me the good collector. Anytime there's new stuff and I'm there, she lets me know. I'll put the case out for her and get to pick up the figs I want.

This rarely happens now though as i buy much online, but it's still nice to know that's available if needed. I've built up a nice relationship with several local clerks and stock folks. They always see me cleaning up the SW section which saves them work, so once in awhile I get a bone thrown my way. Works for everyone.

jamesbondo07
05-30-2007, 10:57 PM
I found wave 3 at my local Wal-Mart and Target today. I got one to keep on card and one to open of all the figures in this wave and a few others that I got for my brother. Wal-Mart still had a lot of the Saga 2 figures but they managed to fit a couple of cases of wave 3 on the pegs. Some of them were stacked in front of the full pegs. I also found some of the two packs and all of the vintage line today at Target. :thumbsup:

Snowtrooper
05-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Excellent work Jamesbondo!!!!!! :D

darko666
05-30-2007, 11:23 PM
i've been to busy the last year and a half(college) to buy figures, that i don't even remember where to pick up. i did however find most of the 30th Anniversary figures and the vintage collection today. so i'm slowly getting back into the grind. my wallet hasn't felt this empty in a long time.

jedibear
05-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Could someone please remind us what is in wave 3?

I finally just got wave 2....

Thanks!

Sith Lord 0498
05-31-2007, 06:03 AM
If you can believe it, I found FOUR cases-worth of Wave 3 this morning at my local WM!!! One on the shelf, one I cracked open for an extra Chewie, and two I left sealed.

Plus two or three VTSC cases and 2-3 Father's Day 2-pack cases.

When it rains, it pours!!!

Kidhuman
05-31-2007, 06:29 AM

Thanks!

Biggs with cape
Luke with Vaparator
Concept Chewie
and a few others.

JetsAndHeels
05-31-2007, 09:32 AM
I'll remember to keep my eyes peeled for these. We just got Revenge of the Sith figures here so it might be a while. :sad:

bigbarada
05-31-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm slowly getting my hopes up after reading this; but I know that if I make the 20 minute drive to Wal-Mart today, I'm just going to come home empty-handed and disappointed yet again.:cry:

Droid
05-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Biggs with cape
Luke with Vaparator
Concept Chewie
and a few others.

and the one I want most - Jawa with LIN droid!

jedi master sal
05-31-2007, 10:55 AM

Thanks!

You can always refer to the Master list of 2007 toys here:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33884

I updated it with all of the info coming out of CIV, so we should be up to date as of today.

jedi master sal
05-31-2007, 10:56 AM
If you can believe it, I found FOUR cases-worth of Wave 3 this morning at my local WM!!! One on the shelf, one I cracked open for an extra Chewie, and two I left sealed.

Plus two or three VTSC cases and 2-3 Father's Day 2-pack cases.

When it rains, it pours!!!

Hook a brother up will ya? heh heh. If you can Jeff. Excellent haul.

DarthQuack
05-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Surprisingly found Wave 3 in my neck of the woods, picked up one of each....now if I can only find Wave 2...

DarkArtist
05-31-2007, 04:00 PM
I was able to get them all with the exception of the Mc Concept Chewie, and the cantina aliens. Opened them all and have to say I like the Luke and the vaporater, also glad to see that they packed him with an ROTS Anakin hilt.

JEDIpartner
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
They don't have any of that in Ohio. Well, not in the Cleveland area. :(

Sith Lord 0498
05-31-2007, 07:30 PM
Hook a brother up will ya? heh heh. If you can Jeff. Excellent haul.

If I come across it again and have money, I will. I'd already promised to pick up a Chewie for another collector, and I have a personal rule of not taking more than half of an available figure. There were 4 cases, so I only bought 2. :)

jedi master sal
06-01-2007, 10:38 AM
If I come across it again and have money, I will. I'd already promised to pick up a Chewie for another collector, and I have a personal rule of not taking more than half of an available figure. There were 4 cases, so I only bought 2. :)

No problem bro, whatever you can do. I'd never ask anyone to put themselves out because of me and a toy.

Jaff
06-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Picked up all of wave 3 at the Montoursville WM in PA. They had two cases. Now if wave 4 would just hurry up I'd be a happy camper.

jedibear
06-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks kidhuman for the heads-up on what to look for in this wave...

Well thanks to all the sightings around here, I went to my local area WM this morning first thing...and good thing too. They had ONE CASE of wave three...so I managed to score one of each of the new figures (no openers except Vader this round :( )...

Jawa/Lin Droid....nice droid and I like that the jawa doesn't feature the sunroof anymore..

Stormtrooper....I like it but I don't know if it is really necessary to feature a removable helmet on the classic stormies....and has anyone determind if this is the VOTC one are a kit-bash?

Darth Vader...I know, I know...ANOTHER Vader so soon? But I do like the stand alot (it takes a little patience to get him positioned on it though) and I like that they got rid of the silver thread around his neck...

Biggs Darklighter....he looks good in his Academy gear n' cape

Luke Skywalker...everyone's gonna be getting this for the Vaporator because I'm sorry, but it features the WORST head-sculpt of Luke since...the Yavin one in the last wave! Don't know what's up with the head sculpts on that farmboy in this collection but here's hoping he gets a better one with the forthcoming Jedi one in the next wave...

McQuarrie Chewbacca ...while I sure like the onscreen version of Chewie we ended up with, it's still greeat to have another concept look at him...these concept figures are great.

Glad I was able to snag these...I'm sure the Vader & Luke will end up joing the Yavin Luke, R2, Obi-Wan and Han Solo as the pegwarmers thus far...

One issue up here...only ONE case of wave three and about 4 cases of last years' SAGA! Arrgghh! We gettin' buried in that stuff,,,,

I can only hope the same thing happens with this new collection later in the year so I can snag some openers! :)

Sith Lord 0498
06-02-2007, 07:29 AM
If anyone is interested, my review for the Concept Chewbacca is now at Yodasnews...

http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/2007McQuarrie%20Concept%20Chewbacca.htm

It's a cool figure but it is such a missed opportunity. I think this is the first time I realized just how vital ball-jointed shoulders really are.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Picked up all of wave 3 at the Montoursville WM in PA. They had two cases. Now if wave 4 would just hurry up I'd be a happy camper.I was just there a couple weeks ago on business. I had a chance to check out K-Mart and Wal-Mart really quick, and didn't see much of anything. Didn't get a chance to check TRU this time. I'll be back again in September.

Glad I was able to snag these...I'm sure the Vader & Luke will end up joing the Yavin Luke, R2, Obi-Wan and Han Solo as the pegwarmers thus far...

One issue up here...only ONE case of wave three and about 4 cases of last years' SAGA! Arrgghh! We gettin' buried in that stuff,,,,I went to Wal-Mart this morning and saw some Vader's on the pegs, and also a Stormtrooper. When I saw they had the VTAC, I went back up front to get a basket. When I came back, they had put out a few more figures, but still nothing else from wave three. Just more Vaders and another Stormtrooper. They did put out a Rebel Honor Guard, so I got my 2nd one of him.

So, I will have to agree. Eight pegs I think at Wal-Mart and only two with TAC. First time I see wave three and all I see is Vader. Now maybe they were just putting them out, and they didn't put the others on the pegs yet. Not much room for them yet anyway.

Didn't find anything new at Target, Fred Meyer or K-Mart.

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Hell froze over today. WalMart here had some of wave 3. They had vader, luke, and stormtrooper.

And I bought none of them!! :)

I am just not impressed with what I saw. If I were an army builder I would have bought the stormtrooper but I am not. I didn't care for the Luke and I already have like 200 different vaders.

Sith Lord 0498
06-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Hell froze over today. WalMart here had some of wave 3. They had vader, luke, and stormtrooper.

And I bought none of them!! :)

I am just not impressed with what I saw. If I were an army builder I would have bought the stormtrooper but I am not. I didn't care for the Luke and I already have like 200 different vaders.

Now that I know Vader has a removable helmet with young Vader beneath, I just might pick one up next time I see it. The Stormtrooper would be tempting because of the clone sculpt beneath, but I have zero interest in a Hasbro Stormie now that I have the 1/6 scale Medicom Stormtrooper.

figrin bran
06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
i bought a Biggs this morning. passed on the Vaders and everything else had been bought up. i went back to that same Target later in the day and the 5 or so Vaders were sold out while 2 Galactic Marines were still on the pegs (at least until they found their way into my hands for purchase)

jedi master sal
06-02-2007, 10:30 PM
i bought a Biggs this morning. passed on the Vaders and everything else had been bought up. i went back to that same Target later in the day and the 5 or so Vaders were sold out while 2 Galactic Marines were still on the pegs (at least until they found their way into my hands for purchase)

Nice.

Thankfully I'm not looking to army build too much out of the next 6 waves of TAC (Not LEGENDS). So that's going to help me out when it comes to the Legends line. Even then I'm not going to buy each fig from the Legends line. But the ones I want, I'll army build a bit.

Here's what I'm palnning on getting from that line:
Battle Droid 2-pack (tan X20-40sets, maroonX20)
Clone Trooper (AOTC) X40-50
501st Clone Trooper X20-30
Imperial Officer (3 variant head sculpts)X3-5 of each head variant
Pit Droids 2-pack (white, brown, orange) with 1 (of 2) accessories 2 sets of each variant
Clone Commander (Coruscant) (If this has a belt with no Kama to make it a grunt Coruscant clone then 40, if not and it can only be the commander, then 1-2)
Clone Trooper Officer (redX2, blueX4-6, yellowX1)
Biker Scout X10
TC-14 X2

So yeah, I'm very happy that the TAC line isn't so Army builder intensive, with exception to the first wave, some of the second wave and the Stormie from the third wave.

figrin bran
06-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Sal, remember all those mini holo stormies and rebel troopers i promised you? i just need to round them up and take inventory of how many and i'll be ready to send them out to you.

i'm actually going to army build/repaint/add weathering to the sandcrawler droids when they come out!

Banthaholic
06-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I got the Jawa set today, and I'm psyched. I've wanted the accompaning droid for awhile. It's funny some 30 years after release we finally get one. About time.

jedi master sal
06-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Sal, remember all those mini holo stormies and rebel troopers i promised you? i just need to round them up and take inventory of how many and i'll be ready to send them out to you.

i'm actually going to army build/repaint/add weathering to the sandcrawler droids when they come out!

No problem bro. Whenever you can. I'm not sweating it. Thanks for remembering though.

DarkArtist
06-03-2007, 12:13 PM
picked up another stormtrooper on Friday to have a total of 4. really want about 15 to 20 of these guys so that I can make some custom battalion stormies like the 501st, shock troopers, and maybe some 327th or 442nd Siege stormies.

Kidhuman
06-03-2007, 05:38 PM
I picked up a McChewie today. Looks alot better in person than pics.

figrin bran
06-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Apparently, the neck posts on the wave 3 Stormies are the right size to accomodate the VOTC/VTSC Han and Luke heads. instant Han/Luke troopers for everyone!

Old Fossil
06-04-2007, 06:13 AM
Found MOST of this wave @ a Target store yesterday, all but Concept Chewbacca. I was pretty excited at first, and got Biggs, 3 Stormtroopers, and a Jawa. Luke looked atrocious, and I wasn't going to spend $7 on a plastic moisture vaporator that looks like some piece of plumbing hardware from Lowe's.

So far I'm a bit disappointed in the paint apps on Biggs' hair and the eyepieces on the Stormtroopers, but it's nothing I can't live with.

Qui-Long Gone
06-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Apparently, the neck posts on the wave 3 Stormies are the right size to accomodate the VOTC/VTSC Han and Luke heads. instant Han/Luke troopers for everyone!

I'm glad I picked up two Stormies this morning....EXCELLENT!

jedi master sal
06-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm glad I picked up two Stormies this morning....EXCELLENT!

I still have none of these... :(

Luuuuuuke
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Got the two McChewies I wanted this morning. The weird thing is they were practically the only wave 3 there. Everything else was leftover stuff.

Got a Stormtroopter yesterday and that quickly cured my desire for another one. It's okay, but without the helmet it looks terrible. Looks like the face of someone pulled out of a river 2 days after drowning. Weird color. And those scars.

JON9000
06-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I have only seen a bunch of Vaders.

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 10:54 PM
I spotted all of this wave yesterday at Target minus the Concept Chewie. I bought 1 of each plus a second Stormtrooper. All the coins are surprisingly badly done even considering the first 2 waves' coins.

I was very surprised that Biggs isn't just a recycle of the Wave 2 Biggs head, I had assumed that the only reason Pilot Biggs existed was so they could use the head twice on an existing body and double up sales, but nope! New Biggs' head isn't quite as good as the previous version, and the body is new but not exciting, but it's still cool to have this Biggs. 1 is all I need.

Vader is a bit of a let-down, essentially the underwhelming and not very ANH version from the Tin set, his freakin' helmet comes off constantly and one silver dot is painted more than the other on all the ones I saw. The Obi-Wan robe base is kinda nifty, but adding a shallow footpeg hinders the look and doesn't work in Vader's foot. I didn't have the tin version so this is the only 1 I'll buy of him.

Luke is just dreadful, I see what they were getting at but the face sculpt is weak and the paint goes a long way to ruination. The body has the new right arm but is otherwise the Early Bird Kit body (I don't have that one) which is lacking in the leg articulation department and the elbow articulation is too bulky. Body paint is decent. Including the Ep 2 Anakin saber hilt stinks, they freakin' have this exact hilt accessory from POTJ Ben, the on saber being Ep 3 Anakin is mostly forgivable (the center band is different, no big deal) but he should have had his binoculars. NONE of that matters though once the moisture vaporator is put together, that thing is huge and nifty! They gave it an unusual paint job, I'm not sure about it, but it isn't a major issue either way. Getting it out of the package was super challenging as it's partly assembled through the tray and stuff. I'll only buy 1 of this because the figure is that ugly, I would have bought 2 for the moisture vaporator if he hadn't sucked so bad.

Jawa w/ LIN Droid is a thumbs up, though not generously. The tan vest on the Jawa is uncool, and the head not being lightpiped is hard to get used to. The jawa's head is ball-jointed, but I don't see how that can be used to any effect. Jawa has a pistol that is a different modification of the broomhandle mauser pistol, it looks like Han's but without the scope and with a coil on the back, it's pretty nice and fits in the Jawa's left belt holster, it may be authentic but it's still weird to see it in a jawa's hands. He's also got a droid caller in his left hand, simple but with some sculpted details and a tiny amount of silver paint, very easy to lose, it fits in the holster on the right of his belt. Arms are super-articulated. LIN Droid is quite cool, translucent & removable dome, painted & sculpted details within, removable hinged arm doesn't drag on ground but does snap in through the dome, plus 2 antennae and a light thing. Nifty set, worth the money, but I'll stick with 1.

Stormtrooper isn't as good as I hoped. The body is the VOTC with better - but not top-notch - color-matching, also the torso is modified for the head and leaves an angle issue at the mid-torso assembly. Still has problematic left hand and overly-close legs. Torso is modified to accommodate the smaller ball-jointed head underneath the helmet, may be from the Tin trooper or something which would explain the angle problem at the mid-torso. New head is more Jango with a scar over 1 eye, wearing a "stocking" around the head similar to the TSC Death Star Gunner figure, it wouldn't bother me so much if the helmet weren't slightly warped by the head and weren't constantly coming off. I bought 2, and at $7 a pop that'll be it for me.

I want 2 Concept Chewies, that thing looks crazy cool!

JetsAndHeels
06-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Vader is a bit of a let-down, essentially the underwhelming and not very ANH version from the Tin set, his freakin' helmet comes off constantly and one silver dot is painted more than the other on all the ones I saw. The Obi-Wan robe base is kinda nifty, but adding a shallow footpeg hinders the look and doesn't work in Vader's foot. I didn't have the tin version so this is the only 1 I'll buy of him.

Man, I tried for almost 20 minutes yesterday to get the Vader figure on that base...it just won't happen. It's a cool idea with the robe and saber, but in the end I have nothing I can use it for now because it just won't work with the figure.

Qui-Long Gone
06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
I gave up trying to get Vader on that robe in about 1 minute JH....you've got way too much patience.

I was really excited about the Stormies at first, but that helmet is just too dang useless....so I'm not so geeked about them now....especially having the vintage Storms and the recent sandtroopers....(although I don't mind the Jango head on the new snowtrooper because it doesn't affect the helmet....

THAT LUKE IS OFFICIALLY IN THE RUNNING FOR WORST LUKE EVER....it's like Monkey faced Leia had a child and it grew up in a SW toy factory and cloned itself into a packaged toy that squirmed its way onto a shelf in my local Target....auggghghghghg the humanity.....

Snowtrooper
06-08-2007, 06:14 PM
I managed to snag a couple of stormies yesterday at Wal-Mart. It would be a great figure if it wasn't for the head. I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to set the head in that goose neck position. With the helmet on, he looks like some slouching dunce. No amount of repositioning seems to help any. I hope I can come up with some kind of a fix to take care of this problem. i'll probably still army build this one, just maybe not as many as I origionally wanted.

General_Grievous
06-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I bought Biggs and the Jawa/LIN a few days ago. I like them. Passed on Vader for the time being. Figured I'd pick him up later.

BTW, is this Jawa the one that was planned for one of the Vintage waves? If it was, it's good that we got it for the regular price point.

figrin bran
07-19-2007, 10:48 AM
It took them long enough but wave 3 is available (except for McChewie which has sold out already) on hasbrotoyshop currently.

bigbarada
07-20-2007, 12:29 AM
The tan vest on the Jawa is uncool

There is a really tall Jawa with a tan vest that's visible when they are lining up the droids outside the Sandcrawler in ANH. I just assumed that this figure was based on that.

Snowtrooper
07-20-2007, 06:10 PM
I found a couple of jawas and stormtroopers at Wal-Mart yesterday and a lone McQuarrie Chewbacca at Shopko.It was the only time I've seen a McQuarrie figure actually on the pegs.

Old Fossil
07-20-2007, 09:07 PM
I bought Biggs and the Jawa/LIN a few days ago. I like them. Passed on Vader for the time being. Figured I'd pick him up later.

BTW, is this Jawa the one that was planned for one of the Vintage waves? If it was, it's good that we got it for the regular price point.

If it was, it's a good thing they didn't try to sell it to us as a "Vintage" figure for ten bucks... and without the droid, to boot. Guess there was no way to justify the high price point for such a little figure. (Notwithstanding the VOTC R2 from '04.)

Still, a carded "Vintage" Jawa figure woulda been easy on the eyes, though not on the wallet...

JediTricks
07-23-2007, 12:04 AM
There is a really tall Jawa with a tan vest that's visible when they are lining up the droids outside the Sandcrawler in ANH. I just assumed that this figure was based on that.
He's not really that tall though, only about the size of the Commtech version.

bigbarada
07-23-2007, 01:47 AM
He's not really that tall though, only about the size of the Commtech version.

Really? I'll have to watch it again, I always swore that he was about 5 feet tall.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-23-2007, 01:56 AM
I think that he meant the figure wasn't that tall. Whether he looks like the tall one in the movie would have to require further viewing on my part. I like the new Jawa all right though.

JediTricks
07-23-2007, 02:33 AM
MSP got it, the TAC Jawa figure is only as tall as the Commtech. I have no idea how tall the figures are in comparison to the films, VERY hard to get a scale read on them.

bigbarada
07-23-2007, 04:15 AM
:o Got it. Isn't the vest removable? I figure you could just take it off if you didnt like it.

I wouldn't know from first-hand experience, since I don't have one of these guys.

Battle Droid
07-23-2007, 08:17 AM
I haven't seen any of Wave 3 except for Vader.

figrin bran
07-23-2007, 10:35 AM
:o Got it. Isn't the vest removable? I figure you could just take it off if you didnt like it.

I wouldn't know from first-hand experience, since I don't have one of these guys.

Yes, the vest and hence the bandoliers are removable.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Yes, the vest and hence the bandoliers are removable.
Does that require the removal of the head and/or arms? I don't see any snap on the bandolier, and that has to come off before the vest does.

figrin bran
07-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Does that require the removal of the head and/or arms? I don't see any snap on the bandolier, and that has to come off before the vest does.

Yes, it requires that you pop the head off first. Then you slide the bandolier off, then the vest.

Battle Droid
08-07-2007, 10:54 AM
I have three Wave 3 figures now, Luke, Vader, and Stormtrooper.

TheDarthVader
08-07-2007, 03:55 PM
What is the deal? I have only found stormtrooper and vader at retail. Does anyone know why these seem to be "delayed"? I have not even seen one figure from wave four!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I've seen all of them at retail multiple times except for Chewie and the Jawa and am working on a deal to get Chewie. For some reason it seems like they've stopped shipping the main TAC line while they ship out Saga Legends, even though they were supposed to be arriving simultaneously . . . Since wave 3, I've found the first two waves of Legends, but no sign of wave 4. At least I've been getting army builders to tide myself over, but this is getting ridiculous.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-07-2007, 08:28 PM
I checked today for the first time in a while. Seeing plenty of Vaders, some Tattooine Lukes and Academy Biggs, but nothing else from that wave.

Kidhuman
08-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Wave 4 is not out yet.

DarkJedi5
08-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Just found the entire wave yesterday in NorCal. Bought them all in one swoop. Even picked up an extra McChewie if some one needs a trade, let me know.

Qui-Long Gone
08-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Today was like hitting oil...one of our Walmarts....I don't know why....has dropped figures to $3! They did this last week and all they had were pegwarmers....but tonight! They were FULL of troopers....like 20 AOTC and 20 ROTS shocktroopers and 20 ROTS regulars....It was a Christmas miracle.....let's just say my army has grown tonight...I wish this deal would last....sigh....