PDA

View Full Version : At-ap

mastermatt24
05-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey guys!
I know its been awhile.. I was crusin around and caught a pic of this thing http://www.rebelscum.com/c4/c4hasbropreview/image39.asp and had to come here. Looks pretty great to me- I just might have to get it. Could look really great with a set up of clones.. or an ATTE perhaps? :love:

LTBasker
05-28-2007, 01:36 AM
Yup, definitely looks pretty cool, I look forward to getting one or two. Hopefully since it looks quite large (considering it holds two figures inside the body) it means Hasbro is seriously looking at the AT-TE. Especially since it's basically the rear of an AT-TE with a couple huge guns added and a center leg.

I'm visualizing a wonderful display with 2-3 AT-TPs, an AT-TE and several AT-RTs.

Sith Lord 0498
05-28-2007, 02:46 AM
Considering the AT-TE will be featured in the new Clone Wars cartoon, I think it's a virtual certainty that Hasbro will make this vehicle. They've recently said that it's near the top of their wishlist, but they were waiting to see if it would be featured in the cartoon.

Tycho
05-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Put me down for 3 of these. Excellente!

1. Fallucia
2. Mygeeto
3. Expanded Universe: Dark Force Rising - Han and Luke use one to cut down stormtroopers aboard a Katana Dreadnaught (part of the Thrawn series)**.

** There is some issue if that is an AT-PT and the Clone Wars use AT-TP's. Supposedly there is a difference. I'd need the updated Essential Guide book to figure it out perhaps. Or maybe it's on wookieepedia or SW.com?

DarkArtist
05-28-2007, 09:31 AM
put me down for three, love this design can't wait to get a few. I just wonder how big it is, is it the same size the AT-RT or the AT-ST ?

Banthaholic
05-28-2007, 09:51 AM
This looks awesome. I was also readeing about the potential difference between the AT-PT and AT-TP, but for my use. This sure looked liek what I saw in E3 for the bried 3 seconds and likewise will work out just fine for my use.

jedi master sal
05-28-2007, 11:33 AM
put me down for three, love this design can't wait to get a few. I just wonder how big it is, is it the same size the AT-RT or the AT-ST ?

First let's get the nickname for this right. It's the "Pod walker."

The toy is definitely undersized. I think Hasbro's thinking is that we will just deal with it and be happy that they even came out with it.

It should be bigger and taller. It should be three times as tall as the AT-RT.

Here's the proof of it from the official site.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atrt/index.html (3.2M tall)
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atap/index.html (10.97M tall)

The AT-AT is 15.5M tall so that puts the Pod Walker 2/3 the height roughly.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atat/index.html

It appears that Hasbro made it just sligthly larger than the AT-RT. And you know what? I'll deal.... You know they won't make it again and the right scale. So why bother arguing the point.

I'll get three of these if they are $25 or less.

Good vehicle, so-so execution. Price remains to be seen. I do think it will go over well at retail and won't last too long on shelves.

So now the question becomes: How big do you think the AT-TE is supposed to be when Hasbro eventually gets around to it?

Giving toy scale sizes, I think nearly everyone would be happy with an AT-TE that is the same size as the AT-AT only half as tall. The pricepoint is the sticking point here. If Zizzle can make a Black Pearl playset for $60, then Hasbro should darn well be able to do the same thing for the AT-TE. Especially consdiering there will be more opportunity for multiple purchases for this ship vs the Black Pearl for instance.

At the size I gave is what is done then I can see the pricepoint being $60-80. At $60 I'd buy 3. At $80 I'd only buy 2.

Hasbro please be REASONABLE with the pricepopint here. You CAN do it.

Besides, you (Hasbro) have been promising this to us for years now. You first said if it had a role in ROTS you'd make it. It did and you didn't. Then you said, well if it was in the cartoon you'd make it. It did and you didn't. Now you've said well if it's in the CG show you would. It is....will you now???

Please do not disappoint us on the vehicle. The AT-TE is far and away the most desired ground vehicle from Star Wars to be made into a toy.

I ran a poll here and it clearly won. In each tier that is was in it consistently beat out the competing ship by a BIG margin.

The AT-TE MUST be done.

Okay to the size of the ship more specifically and what it should include:
• Same size as AT-AT (half the height)
• Rotating cannon on top that can fit the AT-TE gunner (makes sense don't you think)
• ALL six ball turret (4 in front and 2 in back) can rotate fully-If LEGO can do it so can Hasbro)
• Opening cockpit to hold two drivers.
• Mid-section panels come off to hold at least four clones
• Rear section panels come off to hold two clones.
• all six legs are fully articulated
• between the three sections (the hips if you will) should be able to pivot slightly

Things the set could have (but would make it more expensive so are not really neccessary):
• Electronics
• Two exclusive AT-TE driver figures

-Sal

Tycho
05-28-2007, 02:14 PM
If the Black Pearl could be compared to ANY lack of Star Wars product, it is by far closest by way of example to Jabba's Sailbarge!!!

That is not to say I would be one of the first to buy an AT-TE which I really want badly, but Jabba must have his ride!

General_Grievous
05-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Regarding size, the AT-TP looks to be about the same size as Hasbro's AT-ST, maybe a little bit bigger. It'll probably cost somewhere around $30.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Yup, defintely put me down as purchasing one of these bad boys. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
05-28-2007, 11:57 PM
To be fair, with the possible exception of the Snowspeeder and A-Wing, EVERY Star Wars toy vehicle has been undersized. You can't get much more improperly scaled than the Millenium Falcon or the AT-AT, so I don't see why it's suddenly such a travesty for Hasbro to compromise scale to help offset price.

As long as the AT-TE looks cool, then I don't care if they have to cut it down to 1/2 or 1/3 of the correct size as long as it gets made at some point.

As for the AT-TP, it looks great! I'll definitely buy one.:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
05-29-2007, 02:14 AM
I think I'm totally done with the vehicles, so this is too little, too late. I'm having a hard time staying interested in the figures, with the enormous number of inferior resculpts of character who didn't really need resculpting. With my diminished interest, it's much easier to convince myself that I don't need more vehicles that I will never have room for.

Tycho
05-29-2007, 03:35 AM
With my diminished interest, it's much easier to convince myself that I don't need more vehicles that I will never have room for.

Well you should get rid of your Cyberton, Energon, and Armada junk. Then I suspect you'll have plenty of room - even for more Masterpieces and Alternators too, should they make them. :D

Anyway, the vehicle is called the AT-AP (all terrain armored pod) I learned from JediMasterSal's link. I suggest a moderator retitles the thread appropriately.

AT-TP is something else possibly.
AT-PT is Expanded Universe from "Dark Force Rising," book 2 of the Thrawn Trilogy.

Phantom-like Menace
05-29-2007, 04:21 AM
Second to the AT-TE, the AT-AP has been my most wanted vehicle. I'm, always going to need more clone armor. Disregarding scale, this toy looks spot on. I wonder if the third leg can be folded up to the underside. Edit: Actually, I just noticed the second pic has the leg folded up. It just looks weird because of the scale.

As for the AT-TE, I'm pretty much all for Sal's description. I'd happily pay $80 for an AT-TE half as tall as the AT-AT and just as long. That would look sweet in formation with my AT-ATs, hover tanks (when I get around to finishing them), and some AT-RTs.

Tycho
05-29-2007, 04:24 AM
I wonder if the third leg can be folded up to the underside.

That's this walker's natural position. "Then when this moment becomes the right moment, there's Ciallis."

Remember, if your walker is doing battle for longer than 5 hours, you should call your doctor.

El Chuxter
05-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Well you should get rid of your Cyberton, Energon, and Armada junk.

That wouldn't accomplish much, as I don't have none. :p

Jargo
05-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I hate to say I told you so but I believe I did predict the AT- AP would be produced before at AT-TE. :smug:

I shall be purchasing this as a companion to my AT-ST and AT-RT. perhaps two. i think a couple of AT-AP's and a single AT-ST with a bunch of AT-RT's running round would look cool. the bigger walker vehicles don't do much for me so I'll stick with the smaller ones. assigning ROTS vehicles to OT troops.

sure it's underscaled. but it fits more than one figure and looks cool as hell. and it certainly isn't compromised in the way mauls infiltrator was. i've dealt with the AT_ST only carrying one figure since the early eighties so I guess I can cope with this just as well.

All Terrain Attack Pod (AT-AP)
"A larger iteration of the successful All Terrain Personal Transport (AT-PT), the All Terrain Attack Pod scaled up much of those systems into a two-man model. Though still too small to be deployed on its own, the AT-AP nonetheless transforms battlefield infantry into mobile medium-range artillery.

The adjustable suspension system gives the AT-AP walker stability and maneuverability over uneven terrain. The third leg lowers in the event of uneven terrain, or when the centrally fixed heavy projectile cannon fires. The top-mounted swivel blaster (http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/blaster/) has a gunner's saddle, and is best operated by a third clone trooper (http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/clonetroopers/), seated outside the walker's armored cabin. Behind the saddle is a supply cage filled with tools to repair mechanical malfunctions within the walker's articulation assembly. Slung beneath the walker's cabin is a pivot-mounted medium laser cannon.

The AT-AP walker was developed relatively late when the film was in postproduction. It was part of Lucas' request to diversify the clone ground armor. The initial concepts, developed by artist Alex Jaeger, were called the Pod Attack Walker, or P.A.W. "

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey guys!
I know its been awhile.. I was crusin around and caught a pic of this thing http://www.rebelscum.com/c4/c4hasbropreview/image39.asp and had to come here. Looks pretty great to me- I just might have to get it. Could look really great with a set up of clones.. or an ATTE perhaps? :love:I'm so glad when you guys can find something new that we've had up in our news for 2 whole days and posted live when it happened: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=866
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=22540&cat=5338
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=22541&cat=5338
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=22542&cat=5338

And then soon after when these hirez are posted:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=22929&cat=5338
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=22930&cat=5338

It just warms my heart. ;)

Ok, enough fun, how's it going Matt? Haven't seen you aroound in a few months.

Hopefully since it looks quite large (considering it holds two figures inside the body) it means Hasbro is seriously looking at the AT-TE. Especially since it's basically the rear of an AT-TE with a couple huge guns added and a center leg.

I'm visualizing a wonderful display with 2-3 AT-TPs, an AT-TE and several AT-RTs.It's a Starfighter size vehicle, so a $20, not as large as you are thinking. Still, they have to know between this and the AT-TE shown in the Clone Wars footage, the AT-TE is going to be more in demand from collectors.

** There is some issue if that is an AT-PT and the Clone Wars use AT-TP's. Supposedly there is a difference. I'd need the updated Essential Guide book to figure it out perhaps. Or maybe it's on wookieepedia or SW.com?This is actually an AT-AP from Ep 3, they're making the Titanium Series version with the correct name on the packaging, I think Derryl got it wrong and we all reported what Derryl said.

put me down for three, love this design can't wait to get a few. I just wonder how big it is, is it the same size the AT-RT or the AT-ST ?It's a $20 ship, has an interior that holds 2 figures and retracts the central leg, plus a gunner fits on top, so it's got to be as big as the AT-ST at least.

Anyway, the vehicle is called the AT-AP (all terrain armored pod) I learned from JediMasterSal's link. I suggest a moderator retitles the thread appropriately.

AT-TP is something else possibly.I'm not changing it, there is no AT-TP in SW yet so maybe Hasbro's renaming it, though I still think Derryl just made a mistake when he said "AT-TP".

Second to the AT-TE, the AT-AP has been my most wanted vehicle. I'm, always going to need more clone armor. Disregarding scale, this toy looks spot on. I wonder if the third leg can be folded up to the underside. Edit: Actually, I just noticed the second pic has the leg folded up. It just looks weird because of the scale.Hey, thanks for reading my news, I only explained what the situation is there live as it happened and all. :p
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=866
"center leg retracts up and outer hips pivot up to raise vehicle."
Derryl says it retracts into the cockpit.

As for the AT-TE, I'm pretty much all for Sal's description. I'd happily pay $80 for an AT-TE half as tall as the AT-AT and just as long.Here's the thing, you 2 may be, but Hasbro is confident most collectors would not pay that, happily or otherwise. And by "half as tall as the AT-AT", do you mean body? Because of course the legs would be, but I can't imagine paying even $50 for an AT-TE half as tall in the body unless it was significantly wider.

That's this walker's natural position. "Then when this moment becomes the right moment, there's Ciallis."

Remember, if your walker is doing battle for longer than 5 hours, you should call your doctor.4 hours. When you go to the doctor with that problem, they drain the blood from the region and it's all thick and dark.

Jargo
06-03-2007, 11:21 PM
it's just neat. true it should be bigger but it's nicely designed and does hold three figures and the AT-AT looks like an elephant then this looks like a mutant chicken anteater half breed demon spawn.

this is all kinds of cool. big guns double cockpit, gunner seat. three legs and one folds up. (it does fold up right? please tell me that third leg folds up) and it's going to look sweet wherever you put it. how anyone could leave a toy like this boxed up on display is beyond me. it just screams to be played with.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII like it!

Phantom-like Menace
06-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Hey, thanks for reading my news, I only explained what the situation is there live as it happened and all. :p
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=866
"center leg retracts up and outer hips pivot up to raise vehicle."
Derryl says it retracts into the cockpit.

It's not my fault. I heard Hasbro was making an AT-TP, and thought it was just an AT-PT from the EU after a typo, so I wasn't as interested. If I had known it was an AT-AP (after a typo) I would have been drooling on my keyboard.

Here's the thing, you 2 may be, but Hasbro is confident most collectors would not pay that, happily or otherwise. And by "half as tall as the AT-AT", do you mean body? Because of course the legs would be, but I can't imagine paying even $50 for an AT-TE half as tall in the body unless it was significantly wider.

You don't have to convince me I'm not part of Hasbro's target demographic. As for the size Sal and I are talking about (and he can correct me if I'm wrong), the legs plus the body standing side-by-side with the AT-AT would be half as tall. Do I think that would be $80 worth of product? I really can't answer more than shrugging my shoulders, but I figure Hasbro wouldn't do it for cheap.

mastermatt24
06-04-2007, 02:37 AM
I'm so glad when you guys can find something new that we've had up in our news for 2 whole days and posted live when it happened: It just warms my heart. ;)

Ok, enough fun, how's it going Matt? Haven't seen you aroound in a few months.

Hahah. Being the news nut I am, I had to go to the quickest scource for SW news (not that SS isnt quick.. sometimes Im just to lazy to read headlines- I like pictures). That just happens to be RS. (sorry steve). I was in a posting mood so I came here and posted about it.. after being surprised that no one else had said anything about it, I figured that the main page hadnt posted anything about it.
Wow Im thinking about to many things at the moment. Anyways. Lifes been farily great.. won 3rd in the district art show, drew the front of my school's graduation program. Thats just art- other than that ive been crazy busy.. but the year is finally winding down as I finish all these fun projects. Seven more school days? SW wise ive basically stopped all "collecting" as I knew it.. Last splurge I has was an airborn troop. So, its basically if I see it and I really want it Ill get it. But I stay out of stores anymore. Im only active with the print stuff- comics (except for KOTOR) and the novels. Im lookin forward to catchin up on them this summer. :D

man.. cant believe Ive been around for five years.. (even though thats nothin compared to some of the others)

Tycho
06-04-2007, 07:57 AM
4 hours. When you go to the doctor with that problem, they drain the blood from the region and it's all thick and dark.

Gross. And I don't want to know how you know that, JT. You've scared me! :eek:

Anyways. Lifes been farily great.. won 3rd in the district art show, drew the front of my school's graduation program.
man..

Congratulations. Good job!

cant believe Ive been around for five years.. (even though thats nothin compared to some of the others)

Yeah, I remember back in the day when I had to use string ran taut between two paper cups that I stretched from here to Los Angeles just to annoy JediTricks - you know before Al Gore invented the Internet.

...and thought it was just an AT-PT from the EU after a typo, so I wasn't as interested.

Hey, I'm TYCHO not a typo! Get it right :D

mutant chicken anteater half breed demon spawn.

Are you sure it's not a genetically re-arranged duck-billed ardvark quarter breed angel avatar? Are you sure?

Jargo
06-04-2007, 09:20 AM
I've never seen a genetically re-arranged duck-billed aardvark quarter breed angel avatar to tell.

but just to recap on Something, it's the AT-AP (http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atap/index.html[/URL) All Terrain Attack Pod according to SW.com. Hasbro got the name wrong.

There's the AT-PT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT-PT) which could have caused the confusion. who knows, maybe hasbro are exploring EU vehicles somewhere in the shadows of rhode island.

I kinda like the idea of differing small walkers. The big ones are all fine and dandy but there's not much you can do with them. smaller ones are better in my view. I'm quite keen for an AT-OT. (http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atot/index.html) One of those alongside my chicken walkers would be proper cool. even compromised in size to take less troopers than it should be able to carry. A troop transport is soooo neeeded. and if they don't do the AT-OT then the Imperial landing craft should be done. mmmm-hmmmm.

jedi master sal
06-04-2007, 11:59 AM
...As for the size Sal and I are talking about (and he can correct me if I'm wrong), the legs plus the body standing side-by-side with the AT-AT would be half as tall.

Yes you are correct in that. Since I know Hasbro would compromise somewhere, I'd rather it be the height. The underbelly of the AT-TE is just a little higher than a clone stands tall ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atte/index.html ) so no need for it to be immensely tall anyway. So if it "justs" fits a clone standing tall underneath of it, with the rest of the body above it, it will be tall enough. The body doesn't need to be wider. Take a look at the phont. The legs are angling out, so it appears the body is wider than it is. Really it's hardly wider than an AT-AT. So if it's only as wide as an AT-AT toy, I'd be ok with it. Again another compromise. As long as it can seat two clone in the cockpit, two side by side in the front section, two side by side in the middle section, and two side by side in the rear section then that's great. It doesnt' need to seat more than that. Even another comprimise of the two in the cockpit and just two in the rear section would suffice, oh and plus the one on the top in the cannon seat.

I didn't say I wanted to pay $80. That's just the highest end price I'd tolerate if need be to get this manufactured. I'd prefer it to be $60. At that price, Hasbro should still be able to make a fairly accurate sized vehicles (with the aforementioned short-comings) yet all the neccessary articulation of the vehicle among other amenities AND I'd think many collectors would buy it at the $60 price, not to mentioned kids (parents).

-Sal

Tycho
06-04-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm just going to buy an AT-AP to use as an AT-PT as I have my doubts Hasbro would do EU vehicles like that.

If they do make EU vehicles, than the Yuuzhan Vong Corral Skipper would be one of my top preferences, as might be the Chiss Claw Craft.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 09:44 PM
(it does fold up right? please tell me that third leg folds up) Derryl said it retracts, though the only picture we have is folded back and he was wrong about the name.

You don't have to convince me I'm not part of Hasbro's target demographic. As for the size Sal and I are talking about (and he can correct me if I'm wrong), the legs plus the body standing side-by-side with the AT-AT would be half as tall. Do I think that would be $80 worth of product? I really can't answer more than shrugging my shoulders, but I figure Hasbro wouldn't do it for cheap.Look at the Republic Gunship, it's pretty big and it's $30, started $40, so they *could* do it for $50 nicely sized IF they thought it'd sell well, they just don't think it will.

Hahah. Being the news nut I am, I had to go to the quickest scource for SW news (not that SS isnt quick.. sometimes Im just to lazy to read headlines- I like pictures). That just happens to be RS. (sorry steve). I was in a posting mood so I came here and posted about it.. after being surprised that no one else had said anything about it, I figured that the main page hadnt posted anything about it.These lazy mugs don't read our news, that drives me nuts, but we had this stuff - news and then pics - up WAY before the other guys, so I think we're just fighting a negative stigma on it. Thanks for the feedback though.

Wow Im thinking about to many things at the moment. Anyways. Lifes been farily great.. won 3rd in the district art show, drew the front of my school's graduation program. Thats just art- other than that ive been crazy busy.. but the year is finally winding down as I finish all these fun projects. Seven more school days? That's pretty cool, seems like art is really working out for you, congrats! Any SW art? :D (I'm a 1-track mind.)

SW wise ive basically stopped all "collecting" as I knew it.. Last splurge I has was an airborn troop. So, its basically if I see it and I really want it Ill get it. But I stay out of stores anymore. Im only active with the print stuff- comics (except for KOTOR) and the novels. Im lookin forward to catchin up on them this summer. :DUnderstandable.

man.. cant believe Ive been around for five years.. (even though thats nothin compared to some of the others)Yeah, I know, crazy right?

Gross. And I don't want to know how you know that, JT. You've scared me! :eek:I know a lot of weird things.

Hey, I'm TYCHO not a typo! Get it right :DNo, I'm pretty sure you're also TYPO as well. :p

Phantom-like Menace
07-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Disregarding scale, this toy looks spot on.

I figured I'd quote myself. Looking at these pics again, I find myself again wondering how easily I can disregard scale. For something that should be larger than an AT-ST, this is smaller than the underscaled toy AT-ST. It still looks cool and I'll probably still pick up as many as I was planning to pick up based on seeing it from Toy Fair, but it's just one more example of how a little bit better would have made it a lot better.

Jargo
07-26-2007, 09:16 PM
It looks like it's been downsized since last we saw it. I'll get it if i can. it'll look ok. and you cn get three figures on/in it so it's not as badly scaled down as the sith infiltrator. and next to the AT-RT it's pretty significant still. at least it lets us know what sort of scale an AT-TE would be though. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeally small...:thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Saw it in person at SDCC. It's not very big, but Hasbro left it in the lower position, the hips can actually raise up for more height. I think the size of the interior will be satisfying enough, especially with a 3rd figure manning the cannon on top. I did feel it was a little smaller than expected, but it didn't seem disappointing the way the Sith Infiltrator was when I got it out of the box.

Tycho
08-02-2007, 06:14 PM
but it didn't seem disappointing the way the Sith Infiltrator was when I got it out of the box.

Oh the horror! I can still hear Turbowars' screams in the dark....

Tycho
09-06-2007, 06:15 AM
It's September now. I can't wait for this vehicle! It should be coming soon. When did they say?

pegger
09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
It's September now. I can't wait for this vehicle! It should be coming soon. When did they say?

I think they said December. I wouldn't bet on seeing it till next year.

Of course, I'm in Canada - I wouldn't be on seeing it period (up here that is).

jedi master sal
09-06-2007, 11:12 AM
I think they said December. I wouldn't bet on seeing it till next year.

Of course, I'm in Canada - I wouldn't be on seeing it period (up here that is).

You only need ask. I'll be glad to ship one up to you when the time comes. Just let me know.

-Sal

JediTricks
09-07-2007, 01:53 AM
December is the date they had at CIV.

Phantom-like Menace
02-02-2008, 06:16 AM
I'm hoping someone will say they've seen these in stores any day now. I just dug twelve retired, all-white clone troopers out of storage and reactivated them to the container holding my Grand Army of the Republic in anticipation of getting four of these. Until the day I have to man two AT-TEs that should be the biggest reactivation of my retired clone troopers.

Val Da Car
02-02-2008, 07:13 AM
They are up on HTS.

DISC10 gets you 10% off.

I will update as soon as they ship.

bigbarada
02-02-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm still on the lookout for this myself, they're starting to show up on ebay, but in small numbers so that usually means that it's still several weeks out before I'll start seeing them around here.

I'm getting tempted to buy the Lego version.

Neuroleptic
02-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Anyone know what this thing is supposed to cost? I'm hopeing not much since it's mostly legs from the look of it . . . I'm geussing round 30? And do we know where it's going to be sold?

Kidhuman
02-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Anyone know what this thing is supposed to cost? I'm hopeing not much since it's mostly legs from the look of it . . . I'm geussing round 30? And do we know where it's going to be sold?

They are 19.99 on HTS, so tey are a 20 buck vehicle.

Val Da Car
02-02-2008, 03:57 PM
They are 19.99 on HTS, so they are a 20 buck vehicle.

I wanted 4 for the diorama that will star the AT TE (once it's out)

Tycho
02-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I ordered 3 and 1 Grievous fighter and I'm done. It was like $88 for the whole order and shipping after the discount code. That's probably less than what you'd spend buying it at retail. Not bad.

Now I might have to go on eBay to locate some figures I want to use in a couple of them. I haven't decided yet on AT-RT drivers or AT-TE Gunners.

I also have to look at the exclusive Order-66 figure packs to see if any of their coloring works for my scenes on Mygeeto and Fallucia. (maroon or yellow). The last AT-AP will stand in for an AT-TP from HTTE and be manned by Han and Luke in fighting stormtroopers. I think I have the extra Solo and Skywalker figures already, so I'm not really worried about getting those.
(the scene was in Dark Force Rising - book 2 of the HTTE trilogy)

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I just used my AAA discount to get 15% off at HTS, so I picked up the AT-AP and the Grievous Starfighter. With the discount, it came out to $44.79, with tax it would have been $43.28 plus untold gallons of gas looking for them, so that's a win.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I just used my AAA discount to get 15% off at HTS, so I picked up the AT-AP and the Grievous Starfighter. With the discount, it came out to $44.79, with tax it would have been $43.28 plus untold gallons of gas looking for them, so that's a win.

I'm going to wait on these to hit stores. I have a Wal-Mart and Target within less than 2 miles of my house amd I usually hit them after work so I'll see them eventually. That kind helps with the gas situation since I'm not using that much more to stop on the way home.

Phantom-like Menace
02-02-2008, 06:16 PM
They are up on HTS.

DISC10 gets you 10% off.

I will update as soon as they ship.

Thanks for that. I'll have to order a couple. All this walking into stores day after day and finding nothing on the shelves is really taxing my patience.

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Looks like my AAA discount suggestion caught someone's attention, they're all sold out now.

jedi master sal
02-02-2008, 11:41 PM
There was only 138 as of this morning.

I'm glad I'm waiting (for now). I get fuel perks (money off gas) when I buy gift cards through a local grocery store for TRU. So it pays for me to wait on some stuff and get it at TRU.

Since these are both mass retail (Greivous starship/AT-AP) they shouldn't be TOO HTF.

-Sal

Tycho
02-03-2008, 01:23 AM
SAL - what figures go on the AT-AP?

Specifically for:

Fallucia?

Mygeeto?

Are AT-RT Drivers or AT-TE Gunners at the top of your list? Isn't it cool to display some other figures besides basic (or battle theatre colored) clones?

figrin bran
02-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Lego includes 2 Shocktroopers with their AT-AP, for some reason.

If it's a Felucia display, Tycho, your only options are Bly and the yellow Star Corps grunts. If it's Mygeeto, your only options are Galactic Marines.

I think when I get mine, I'll just rotate the style of clones weekly since I have so many of them.

El Chuxter
02-03-2008, 02:14 AM
The AAA discount is working again?

I tried it about a month ago, and was told it was no longer valid. After checking the fine print, it said it was only good through October.

Tycho
02-03-2008, 06:39 AM
If it's a Felucia display, Tycho, your only options are Bly and the yellow Star Corps grunts. If it's Mygeeto, your only options are Galactic Marines.

Those guys are seen on the ground during Order 66. Are there any similarly colored AT-RT Driver or AT-TE Gunner figures?

Maybe from the Battle Packs or Order66 sets?

Bosskman
02-03-2008, 07:34 AM
I think I might get to of these. One for Kassyk and one for Felucia. I got the Lego one and it's pretty sweet. It and the Hailfire Drid are currently the only SW legos I have out right now.

jedi master sal
02-03-2008, 10:14 AM
SAL - what figures go on the AT-AP?

Specifically for:

Fallucia?

Mygeeto?

Are AT-RT Drivers or AT-TE Gunners at the top of your list? Isn't it cool to display some other figures besides basic (or battle theatre colored) clones?

Okay, so far hasbro has shown AT-RT drivers driving the AT-AP. That is acceptable since they have that particular skill. However I'm going to throw an AT-TE gunner on top. Again he's rated for that skill more-so than other clones. The Gunner works well enough since he's kind of generic being all white. It's the drivers that will look a little out of place though since the theme of the Felucian clones is yellow and the Mygeeto clones being maroon-ish.

I'm going to have 2-3 for Kashyyyk. Those clones are covered.
1 for Felucia. I'll just have a gunner there until Hasbor makes Felucia colored drivers. If they don't it will remiain without drivers inside.

I'm torn if I'm going to get anymore than this. They weren't really seen anywhere else in the movie. I suppose I could get one for Coruscant since technically they would be the very same ones loading up to go to Kashyyyk. Then for the Coruscant one, have the standard Phase II clones around it.

Hope that helps Tycho.

jedi master sal
02-03-2008, 10:17 AM
I think I might get to of these. One for Kassyk and one for Felucia. I got the Lego one and it's pretty sweet. It and the Hailfire Drid are currently the only SW legos I have out right now.

I just got the Hailfire/Spider droid set. It's VERY cool. It's an awesome army building set. Though since this was supposed to be a Geonosis set, it would have been better to have maroon battle droids/commander.

In that set you get:
Hailfire droid
Dwarf Spider droids
2 battle droids
1 battle droid commander
1 super battle droid

all that for $20. Excellent deal to me.

x13squadleader
02-03-2008, 02:52 PM
sorry new at posting but long time watcher.the clones that go with the at-ap are the #68 last year.the combat engineers right?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-03-2008, 03:18 PM
sorry new at posting but long time watcher.the clones that go with the at-ap are the #68 last year.the combat engineers right?

Clone engineers are support/repair crews that supplemnt a regiment, but I guess you could use whatever clones you want.

Sal and Tycho have put together quite a few combos, but I'm thinking Felucia troopers until I get my AT-TE then I'll go from there.

JediTricks
02-03-2008, 03:30 PM
The AAA discount is working again?

I tried it about a month ago, and was told it was no longer valid. After checking the fine print, it said it was only good through October.I saw that October '07 thing, and was concerned, but it did work for me anyway. I'll let you know if they kick it back tomorrow.

Tycho
02-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks for your response Sal.

The problem with staging AT-APs on Kashyyyk is the total lack of balance for Separatist forces:

Wookiee-Clone Alliance:

Wookiee flyer
AT-RT
Clones (figures)
Wookiees (figures)

Separatists:

Spider Droids
Infantry Battle Droids (figures)
Super Battle Droids (figures - thrown in just because you need 'em)

Hasbro could likely give us the Turbo Tank and maybe even the Swamp Speeder.

They ought to do the Wookiee catamaran, but Hasbro said they can't pull it off for $20. So I guess when they're willing to do a $30 x-mas item?

But the DROID ARMY needs:

Tank Droids
Droid Gunships

very badly.

I'm putting in a Hailfire just to help their cause. But I think adding the AT-AP is going overkill for the GAR.

------------------------------------------------------------------

With regards to Mygeeto and Fallucia, you can keep your GAR forces small and just use 1 AT-AP as the major Clone Army vehicle. I'd love to get that purple slug creature one clone was seeing riding, too.

Aayla's death scene didn't show their Separatist enemies, so I suppose you can do anything you want without regards to a balance.

On Mygeeto, the just-released Octopara Droids are the best addition for your Separatists besides droid figures. However, instead of larger Separatist battle platforms, these look to be underwhelming figures, so again, no reason for the GAR to totally over-dominate them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I too wonder if you'll be able to see any figures in the cockpits of these AT-APs with their doors closed, or if just having the gunner figure will suffice.

I'd like an excuse to use more AT-RT drivers. They look like cool figures. But yeah, they'd need to be maroon or yellow-armored for my purposes.

If you're going to put them in on Kashyyyk - you're in luck though!:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
02-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Weird. When I tried to order McSolo and some other figures a while back, it just wouldn't take the code. It wasn't until a little later that I saw the bit about October.

JediTricks
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
My guess is they were having technical issues, or their contract had run out and they hadn't yet signed a new one. But HTS is in the AAA '08 handbook so I can't imagine they'd cut AAA discounts before that. Souplantation no longer takes AAA as of Jan 1st, and they're not in the handbook.

JediTricks
02-05-2008, 11:58 PM
My transaction went through today with exactly the savings it was supposed to.

jedi master sal
02-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks for your response Sal.

The problem with staging AT-APs on Kashyyyk is the total lack of balance for Separatist forces...

And you don't think eventually Hasbro will catch up with Sep forces?

I think they will, but regardless, the Republic WON that battle, so it makes sense that side would have more forces to show their superiority.

I too am hoping for the snail droid and droid gunships, but I'm still moving forward with plans for the Kashyyyk dio. If/when we et those two vehicle/ships mentioned, I'll just shuffle the Sep forces around to accommodate the new acquisitions.

-Sal

Jedi_Kal-El
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Jedi Defender has a posted report of these showing up at Wal-Mart. They have loose pics up but I can't get a link to the page to post.

Phantom-like Menace
02-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

x13squadleader
02-07-2008, 06:01 PM
well i have them in front of me now.looks great,fits the figures great plenty of room.

Kidhuman
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Very nice pics.

El Chuxter
02-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Wait, the third leg doesn't reach the ground AT ALL?

I think I'll be saving $20 (or whatever this costs).

x13squadleader
02-07-2008, 06:36 PM
very happy with it hasbro thank you very much keep up the good work.oh and general grievous's fighter is sweet also.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a cop-out on Hasbro's part to me, but as long as it can stand ok I'm fine with it.

x13squadleader
02-07-2008, 07:50 PM
i take it all back.i got it to stand right.just had to force the legs a little harder.looks sweet to me.i am sorry for misleading anyone.

Kidhuman
02-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Well thats better, as long as they reach in an upriht position and it stands fine its all good

Neuroleptic
02-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm going to have to go see if they have this thing tomorow after work. It looks sweet!

Snowtrooper
02-08-2008, 01:47 PM
WOW! Its alot taller then than I thought it was going to be. I was expecting something not a whole lot bigger than the AT-RT. I've got mine on order from HTS and it should be arriving any day. Can hardly wait!!

Tycho
02-08-2008, 01:52 PM
I bet they used the leg molds for both the AT-AP and the AT-TE.

That's why were getting both vehicles in the same year.

jedi master sal
02-09-2008, 08:51 AM
I bet they used the leg molds for both the AT-AP and the AT-TE.

That's why were getting both vehicles in the same year.

Hmmm, you could be onto something here Tycho. TF will show us if that's true or not.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-09-2008, 08:57 AM
From those pics that have been posted the legs look a bit flimsy, but that's just me looking at it and not having one in front of me to really judge it yet.

Tycho
02-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah, it's economical for them Sal.

They have to make shorter legs than an AT-AT mold would have, so they do 2 walkers that can use them. 6 go on the AT-TE and they increase their profit for the mold by putting 2 or 3 (if the 3rd leg is the same mold) on the AT-AP. I'd expect the vehicles to be about the same height for that reason.

There might even be additional part re-use.

This gets Hasbro along the same path almost as re-issuing the same vehicle with a shark mouth and tiger stripes (Clone Wars deco).

JediTricks
02-09-2008, 07:16 PM
These legs are too thin to work on the AT-TE, and they're actually quite high when the AT-AP is standing all the way upright.

I got this from HTS yesterday, it's a decent vehicle but has issues too. The deco screams for weather it doesn't enjoy. The thing is WAAAAAAY out of scale, like half scale or so, the box art is what showed me this. :ermm: The main cannon is too long, and the upper manned cannon's missile won't fire for crap. The leg joints are mostly fake which is a real shame, and the ones it does have are limited in range. It holds figures alright, but there's not all that much going on. 3 legged mode is decent, while 2-legged scout mode is quite tall. I shoved 3 of my ROTS #6 clones in it, but it seems to prefer the narrower hips and movable mid-torso of the more common #41 models (the seats are made for them).

Tycho
02-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I agree with most of what JT said, but I'm glad to have this vehicle (I bought 3 and don't regret it - Fallucia, Mygeeto (I guess they weren't really used there, but oh well - my Kashyyyk scene doesn't have enough Separatist equipment), and Heir to the Empire (Dark Force Rising) when Han and Luke use an AT-PT (different vehicle but similar) to fight stormtroopers in the landing bay of a dreadnaught (EU).

Now where I disagree is that JT thinks these legs won't be used on the AT-TE.

I really hope he's right. But I doubt it. The AT-TE will most likely use these legs and you can gauge it being severely underscale if it does.

However, since the AT-AP can stand up so high in 2 leg mode, it might still work and not limit the size of the AT-TE that much. I don't know.

SirSteve should still take a Clone Trooper figure from home with him to Toy Fair, and slip it in (standing) to a few of his pictures of the AT-TE at the industry show.

JediTricks
02-09-2008, 08:33 PM
The AT-TE doesn't stand that high really, and the higher the legs go, the less stable they become. But I said they were too small for the AT-TE, and by that I meant their design differs from the AT-TE legs which are thicker, especially those seen on the toy we got a glimpse of here: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16581&d=1200957875

Tycho
02-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Perhaps the center (middle) legs, JT. But look at the front ones - they appear smaller.

Now the darn front end of the AT-TE looks like it might be recycled from the AT-AP. :rolleyes:

However, "Balmorra Industries" or whomever builds those walkers in the SW fictional universe, might recycle the parts as well (and probably do) because it adds realism to fiction if they make things practical, even for imaginary companies in a galaxy far, far away.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-09-2008, 08:53 PM
The legs on the AT-AP don't look like they have that many moving joints aside from being able to move it into recon mode. For the price of $150, the AT-TE better have fully moving, adjustable legs.

JediTricks
02-09-2008, 09:00 PM
You're seeing things, the legs there are shorter, thicker, and an entirely different position than the AT-AP. And yes, I know we're talking about the outer legs, not the middle ones.

That AT-TE is noticeably wider than the AT-AP we just got, and you'll notice the AT-TE has its twin ball turrets on the rear (which is what you're seeing in that shot). The front end wouldn't come close to matching the AT-AP design, which doesn't have a central cockpit box.

Tycho
02-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Oh good!

I'd rather have more proof that I'm insane than any evidence that Hasbro is screwing this thing up.

I can live with being insane. :crazed:

jedi master sal
02-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Oh good!

I'd rather have more proof that I'm insane than any evidence that Hasbro is screwing this thing up.

I can live with being insane. :crazed:

And you've done a splendid job of it so far, heh heh.

Neuroleptic
02-29-2008, 11:23 PM
I don't know if anyone is still following this thread or not at this point, but I found one of these (last one on the shelf) at walmart a few days ago, and finaly got around to opening it up today.

I think it's smaller than the one in the film, but it works good for display anyway. It cost me $19.99 which was a bit less than I thought it would when I first heard about it.

Despite being smaller than the actual scale should be, it is actualy bigger than I thought it would be, especialy considering the price. With the legs fully extended it's about the size of the scout walker.

My gun fires quite a bit farther than I thought it would. Scared the hell out of the cat.

The only complaints I have about it is that I was hoping the legs would be more articulate. Just one or two more moving joints would have been great.

Though I suppose having less articulation will allow it to age better. Less loose joints to worry about, so it should stand for a good long time. Not like the original AT-ST which nearly every one I have seen falls over easily after a few years. So I can live with that.

The other is that I am using the AT-ET Gunner (Pilot? I'm not certan) released around the time of Revenge of the Sith as the gunner, and his arms take a bit of manipulating to get him to sit in it. He dosn't lean back as far as I'd like. He's jamed right against the targeting screen like he's afraid he will fall off.

While you can't really see them all that great, I also should mention that I put my evolutions pilot clone trooper on the inside. He dosn't fit quite as well as I'd like, but you can get the door closed just fine with him and probably a co-pilot in there.

My only other complaint is that my wife won't let me get another one!

Tycho
03-01-2008, 12:15 AM
My only other complaint is that my wife won't let me get another one!

Except in select areas of Utah, you're usually limited to having just one wife.

My gun fires quite a bit farther than I thought it would. Scared the hell out of the cat.

I like dive-bombing my cats with the fighters even more so. The Hailfire is fun for this, but Jango's Slave-One is the best!

Meanwhile, PETA activists have still failed to locate me, so the missile firing ships in my collection are safe for now.

I may have to turn to eBay to find some AT-TE Gunner figures (just need 2 more I guess) for my vehicles. The ones I have will be occupying an actual AT-TE finally (come July).

I was at Sears and they had this vehicle assortment in: Obi-Wan's blue (Utopau) starfighter was there, as was a V-wing, and Grievous' fighter. Looks like if they got an AT-TP, it sold first. I got mine from HTS.com so I didn't need anything. I was just checking for figures (nothing). The vehicles were $24.99 there, btw.

figrin bran
03-01-2008, 12:56 AM
I may have to turn to eBay to find some AT-TE Gunner figures (just need 2 more I guess) for my vehicles. The ones I have will be occupying an actual AT-TE finally (come July).

No, you don't need to turn to ebay. I might have some AT-TE Gunners for you but I'll have to get back to you on that. Just post a "AT-TE Gunners wanted" thread like Sal has done with battle droids.

jedi master sal
03-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Heck, I might even have an extra gunner or two myself Tycho, I'll check too.

We DO need to have a "want to buy" thread in the trading section.

I can't use that ZoBid place. I think it's some kind of MAC issue. So having a "want to buy" or WTB section makes sense. It would be a strictly at cost NO SCALPING section. New figures are purely retail price plus shipping. Older figures can be discussed with for value, but preffered if that is taken to PMs so as to not clog up the boards.

How about it JT? We've needed a section like that for ages. Other site DO have that section. I know JediDefender does.

-Sal
P.S. if anyone finds the AT-AP and isn't getting it, could you pick it up for me? I need three and have none at present. Thanks to anyone who can help!

JediTricks
03-02-2008, 01:43 AM
I've asked Steve to change the Classifieds back to the forums since Zobid is no longer happening, should be sometime in the next day or so.

Banthaholic
03-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Fianlly found this today, and the battle of Kashyyk can now rage on. I'm really glad they made this one. It's funny for me, while watching E3 that I never seemed to care too much about this. Now that it's in plastic, the scene seems like such a better battle.

jedi master sal
03-02-2008, 05:50 PM
I've asked Steve to change the Classifieds back to the forums since Zobid is no longer happening, should be sometime in the next day or so.

Ah thanks JT. Sorry for ZoBid. But for SSG, it's good to have a buying section as well.

I appreciate the willingness to change.

-Sal