PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Disney/Star Tours Exclusives

Lord Malakite
05-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Man, the crap has hit the fan with the Disney exclusives (http://www.swstartours.net/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=265&Itemid=58). In addition to the 5 SW Weekends Cantina Band Members there are tons of things coming out to drive people nuts.

Mr. Potato Head

Spuda Fett
Yam Solo
Luke Frywalker
Darth Mash
Princess Tater

Dress-up Dolls

Princess Leia (multiple outfits)
Queen Amidala (multiple outfits)

Star Tours - Disney Characters
Series 1

Stitch as the Emperor
Goofy as Darth Vader
Minnie Mouse as Leia
Mickey as Luke Skywalker
Donald Duck as Han Solo

Series 2

Stitch as Yoda
Goofy as Jar Jar Binks
Mickey as Anakin Skywalker

Star Tours - Muppet Characters
Series 1

Beaker as C-3PO
Fozzie Bear as Chewbacca
Miss Piggy as Princess Leia
Kermit the Frog as Luke Skywalker
Gonzo as Dearth Nadir
Rizzo the Rat as Yoda

Vehicles

StarSpeeder 3000 (repackaged)

Role-play

Mickey's Lightsaber

Cards

Disney SW Themed "Dueling" cards

They have also not ruled out the possibility of more Star Tours figures based on the ride.

figrin bran
05-28-2007, 12:07 PM
The potato heads i can pass on, the dress up dolls i can pass on, the Disney and Muppet figures, i cannot pass on!

even if they don't produce more Star Tours figures, they really need to rehash the old ones as those should always be made available at Disney Theme parks.

Sith Lord 0498
05-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Is there an online source to buy these from? I really want to get the two Stitch figures, but it'll be a cold day in **** before I get to Disney.

Banthaholic
05-28-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm psyched aboiut the Muppet figures, too cool!

I like that they mentioned the door is still open for more Star Tours characters. *cough* Teek *cough*

El Chuxter
05-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Stitch!!!!!!!

A little mad about the potato heads, though.

stillakid
05-28-2007, 02:37 PM
None of that stuff wows me at all. I have liked the previous Star Tours 3/4" droids and wish they keep up with that. The only Potato Heads I've liked so far have been Vader and R2. And I wish they would have continued with that Deluxe Amidala line. Not sure if these upcoming "dress ups" are like those or are more along the lines of the cheapy Barbieish ones that my daughter played with.

Overall, the upcoming Disney offerings leave a lot to be desired. :(

Lord Malakite
05-28-2007, 06:23 PM
And I wish they would have continued with that Deluxe Amidala line. Not sure if these upcoming "dress ups" are like those or are more along the lines of the cheapy Barbieish ones that my daughter played with.
I'd imagine they would be similar to the Barbie-like Disney's Princess doll line.
I think the two biggest things to note here are the half-sized figures included with the dolls and range of outfits they have planned. Amidala comes with R2-D2 and Leia comes with Wicket. In addition, one of the sketch outfits for Leia is the Jabba Slave outfit. :shocked:

Beast
05-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Goofy as Jar Jar Binks.

Awesome. I'm getting that one at least. But I love the whole line. Including the Muppet ones.

darko666
05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
ha, Darth Mash. can't wait to see what he looks like.

Beast
05-28-2007, 11:16 PM
ha, Darth Mash. can't wait to see what he looks like.
Follow the link at the top of the thread. You can see. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Follow the link at the top of the thread. You can see. ;)

Binks returning to the forums?? Do my eyes decieve and play tricks?!??! :)

Yeah, none of these are on my buy list. The designs are kinda cool, but no way i'm going to attempt to get them. Plus, I don't need the five cantina band members as ya know, I got that pack from wally world months ago. :thumbsup:

Beast
05-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Binks returning to the forums?? Do my eyes decieve and play tricks?!??! :)
Indeed. You finally tempted me back.

Besides, someone needs to keep the Marvel News current. ;)

Tycho
05-29-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm down for the Potato Heads, especially

Spuda Fett
Darth Mash
Princess Tater

I'm not sure about Yam and Luke.

A Dress-up Dolls line sort of failed before, if this is going to be like the "Ultimate Hair Amidala" and "Beautiful Braids Padme." I bought these to help me comprise 12" scenes. I would buy them again if they were in this size range. Unfortunately, they'd also stimulate me spending a fortune with SideShow from their waitlist to the secondary market, because mostly Anakin figures go with these Padme figures - though some could be the surely less expensive E2 Hasbro 12" Anakins.

I'm not sure I'd need many Leias, but I'd prefer SideShow creating:

Endor Leia for the Speederbike (I didn't buy smiling Barbie Leia on the bike before - but these figures could also be smiling like idiots as well :rolleyes: )

Bespin Gown Leia - SideShow really needs to make her here.

Ewok Princess Leia - I don't really need, but I'd consider.

Anyway, I don't know what these products are. There's nothing that's stating they are 12" figures. Then again if they are 3 3/4" with the plastic add-on clothing (I forgot the girls toy line like this), some of Padme's outfits could be useful in dioramas and she really doesn't need to have a lot of articulation to just stand there in a Senate outfit or something. I hate to compromise my standards, but it's better than nothing.

Right now, with the information I have, the Potato Heads are more exciting.

K M Toydarian
05-29-2007, 04:03 AM
I am stoked about the new taters! and all the figures.

As per Tycho's observations, the Leia, Padme sets might not be actual dolls (12"). These seem to fit the "Polly Pocket" sort of pattern.
Here's a link to a similar set for Sleeping Beauty.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOYS-POLLY-POCKET-DISNEY-MINI-PRINCESS-SET_W0QQitemZ120124796818QQihZ002QQcategoryZ16461Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I think this is what the Star Wars sets will be. One 4" or so doll in undergarments with plastic snap on outfits, shoes and wigs. The Wicket and R2 will be PVC accessories.
This could still be very cool, reasonably priced, and a great product for kids! Bring the Sci Fi princesses into Disney!

And for goodness sake, these all should be abundant at ALL Parks, if they know what's good for them.
When you only go to Disneyland once every few years if you're lucky, this kind of product needs to be available all the time!

Tycho
05-29-2007, 04:08 AM
That's the name: Polly Pocket figures.

If this is the case, they are about the same size as Star Wars 3 3/4" figures and could be used in dioramas I think (as long as you don't show the seams on the back of any of Padme's outfits).

I also think helmeted figures work much better for the Potato Heads and that Spuda Fett looks the best. I've wanted this fry for a long time!

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Geez, that's an insane amount of SW product considering it'll only be at the Star Trader. The Potato Heads are unforgivable, Hasbro's f'ing logo is that guy and all those parts will be exclusives that almost nobody can get?!? I would have been a lot more impressed if Hasbro avoided the moneygrab route and just release a big bucket or something with those parts in it, that'd sell like a mad dog.

figrin bran
06-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Geez, that's an insane amount of SW product considering it'll only be at the Star Trader. The Potato Heads are unforgivable, Hasbro's f'ing logo is that guy and all those parts will be exclusives that almost nobody can get?!? I would have been a lot more impressed if Hasbro avoided the moneygrab route and just release a big bucket or something with those parts in it, that'd sell like a mad dog.

well, if we're talking about Disneyland, the World of Disney store outside the park should have them as well as the Engineers Toy Store in California Adventure

Lord Malakite
06-03-2007, 08:58 PM

Glad to see you noticed finally JT. :D Where were you and Steve when this stuff was announced at CIV, the can? lol

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 05:52 PM
It wasn't announced at CIV like at a company panel, if you read that article again you'll see it was shown at the CIV Disney SW Collector Panel - none of the other collector panels had "offiical" news at them so Steve and I each only hit 1 panel out of the 25, didn't know there'd be anything to cover.

Lord Malakite
06-04-2007, 08:03 PM
It wasn't announced at CIV like at a company panel, if you read that article again you'll see it was shown at the CIV Disney SW Collector Panel - none of the other collector panels had "offiical" news at them so Steve and I each only hit 1 panel out of the 25, didn't know there'd be anything to cover.
Excuses, excuses. ;)

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey, I don't see you people rushing off to these obscure collector panels in the slimmest of chances that they're going to show new product. :p