PDA

View Full Version : What are you most hoping to see at Toy Fair?

Beast
02-06-2002, 04:26 PM
I figured since Toy Fair was just a week a way, we could post our hopes what Hasbro will show us. I know we had a toy fair predictions post, but this is a bit different. So, lets begin. :)

1. Senator Jar Jar Binks: I love the new outfit, and hope that they did the elaborate robes that he's wearing justice in such a small scale. Can't wait to pick this figure up, to add to my collection.

2. Republic Gunship: The image from the sample catalog looks great. I hope that it's decent scale so that we can fit a small army of Clone Troopers inside.

3. Ephant Mon: I hope that they don't put the whole emphasis of Toy Fair on AOTC's. I wanna see Ephant displayed, as well as some of the other rumored OT charecters we are getting this year.

4. Red Senate Guard: Praise the gods that Palpatine has these as his personal guards in the new movie, so that Hasbro can rectify the abomination that was the POTF2 version.

5. Count Dooku: I wanna see the regular line version of him, with his cape. Just a nice neutral non-combative pose, unlike the cool action posed version in the deluxe line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
02-06-2002, 04:36 PM
2. Republic Gunship: The image from the sample catalog looks great. I hope that it's decent scale so that we can fit a small army of Clone Troopers inside.

Got a pic?

I hope to see,

Pilot Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
New OOM-9

Hey I love Droids.

Beast
02-06-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Got a pic?
I hope to see,
Pilot Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
New OOM-9
Hey I love Droids.

Sure, I'll attach it here. As for what you're hoping to see, possible on the Pilot Battle Droid and Deluxe Destroyer Droid, as those are on my list of figures for 2002. I don't think we will get a new Battle Droid Commander (OOM-9) this year though. Maybe next year, he does need an improved body like all the other Battle Droids have gotten so far.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sample Catalog Image of the Republic Gunship:

Battle Droid
02-06-2002, 04:44 PM
Cool, thanks for the pic.:D

I hope OOM-9's are in Ep2, that'll give us a better chance at getting a new one.

Darth Ovori
02-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Thats the old Slave-1 in the picture...

But anyway I would like to see...

Imperial gaurd!!! Fully articulated with armour underneath cloak...

The Gladiators of the Arena scene... (anyone got pics of them)

Marmit Jango Fett...

And finally a new resculpted At-At, one that looks like the movie At-At, not a robo-puppy...

Battle Droid
02-06-2002, 05:06 PM
Oh and a Clone Child with the headset and all, to make an Army of Killer Clone Children.

mabudonicus
02-06-2002, 05:37 PM
I'd like to see how many orders get placed for the "unleashed" figures. Seriously, I hope to see that the OT is still going to be as important to the toy lines as it is to many of us. ANY OT stuff would be cool. I wouldn't be surprised if a new Jabba is made available, seeing as he should be setting up his crime palace soon (in the timeline, of course). This would be good, as he hasn't been done right since the vintage one.

CrossWizard
02-06-2002, 05:38 PM
Jedi Anakin
Count Dooku in a regular pose
A new Tusken Raider
Playsets, lotsa playsets

pthfnder89
02-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Jedi Anakin
Count Dooku in a regular pose
A new Tusken Raider
Playsets, lotsa playsets

UGH... Playsets. *shudders* Having flashbacks of the Theed Hangar debacle...

When I first saw pics of the Hangar set, I almost died. FINALLY a good playset like the vintage ones they used to make. I actually put $10 downpayment to hold one at TRU. That was probably the single most dissappointing toy I got from Ep1. I dont know WHAT they were thinking.

I really hope for AOTC, they do another Royal Starship type set. I can't believe that great playset came from the same company.

Beast
02-06-2002, 08:59 PM
The only playset that I have heard about for AOTC's, is an Geonosis Arena Playset. The idea behind it could have been just an early possibility being tossed around Hasbro. But if done and done right, this could be cool, but I already see some possible dark clouds forming on this one.

For instance, I heard that the pillar included with the Padme Amidala collection one figure will connect to the base. Does this mean we will have to buy three of this same exact padme, if we want to recreate the scene from the trailers, with our three hero's chained to pillars in the arena.

Other then this minor possibility, I still am hopeful for this playset. Again, if done correctly, it would be one of the best playsets ever in the Star Wars line. Lets pray Hasbro does a great job on this playset. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AreTwo-DeeTwo
02-07-2002, 08:35 AM
Maybe 2 other pillars will be packaged with the playset?

I'd like to see Ephant Mon. I hope he comes packaged with something else like Bubo or Worrt.

Also like to see the Republic Gunship, Yoda with Lightsaber, and confirmation of Classic Trilogy and EPI figures coming out this year.

That one list had Pod Racer, Rebel Officer and a couple of other classic and EPI stuff.

I do like some of the 12 inch stuff. Like to have them either show or confirm what is ahead for that line this year besides the EP2 stuff.

I am guessing that they will show most of the EP2 line. Hope so.

JEDIpartner
02-07-2002, 10:04 AM
I'm still not all that excited over the new line. I'd say that it's about 40% good for me at this point. That is a lot lower than my feelings on the E1 line.

I'm just kickin' back and waiting to see what unfolds there and to hear what Sir Steve has been graciously and respectfully hold his tongue about. Once I have the final word from him on Toy Fair... I will have a better grasp of how I will REALLY feel about these little bits of plastic and magnets and whatnot.

Wolfwood319
02-07-2002, 10:31 AM
Why does the Slave I in that picture look a whole helluva lot like the old mold? Is it NOT a new mold afterall?

I'd like to see an Ephant Mon too, that's the only figure I really want to see at this point.

bigbarada
02-07-2002, 11:55 AM
If you look closely you'll see that the Slave 1 is a completely new mold. It's slimmer and sleeker than the vintage version.

Ephant Mon is all I am really hoping to see.

Beast
02-07-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Why does the Slave I in that picture look a whole helluva lot like the old mold? Is it NOT a new mold afterall?

If you're talking about the one in the attachment I posted, thats just a prototype used for the in house catalog sample. The actual ship will be a newly sculpted, more accurate version of the Slave 1 as it appears in AOTC's.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-07-2002, 02:14 PM
I looking to see a new Imperial Royal Guard and Ephant Man. Hopefully some more classic stuff too. It would be nice to get a few surprises as well, ROTJ Jabba the Hutt would be nice.

Amanamike
02-08-2002, 01:38 AM
Im hoping for a shocker from them when they announce that there is a whole load of new potj clssic figures theyve been holding out on us. So we see
Crix madine
Imperial Dignitary
R5 D4
Chief Chirpa
Captain Antilles

would be nice but I wont hold my breath

Beast
02-08-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
Im hoping for a shocker from them when they announce that there is a whole load of new potj clssic figures theyve been holding out on us. So we see
Crix madine
Imperial Dignitary
R5 D4
Chief Chirpa
Captain Antilles
would be nice but I wont hold my breath

You're right, better not hold your breath. None of those figures with the exception of R5-D4 have even appeared on any Hasbro lists at all. R5-D4 may show up as an E2 figure, but I don't think he will pop up until the end of the year. Secondly, there will be no more POTJ figures after March. :)

There are a few classic figures on the list for this year, not many though. This is the year of Episode 2. But luckily, its also the year of the 25th Anniversary of A New Hope...so there will be some ANH figures up this year. Hopefully we will see a few of them at Toy Fair. I do expect Ephant Mon to atleast make an apperance. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
02-08-2002, 02:10 AM
mine :D

Obi-Wan Kenobi Delux Jedi Starfighter figure with headset

Count Dooku ( doin the splits :p no just jokein) in a reg pose with his cape and a lightsaber.

Anakin Skywalker Jedi Kngiht with a comlink and lightsaber

Obi-Wan Kenobi With Robe and Comlink.

Destoryer droid ( repaint) I NEED A NEW DESTORYER DORID! i lost my old EPI one :(

Disco Danceing Obi-Wan Kenobi with a coll disco suit :D :happy: :p

Love Makeing Anakin Skywlaker with something you dont wanna know :p

Padame with oh you don't wanna know ether :p

boss nass
02-08-2002, 11:50 PM
i would like to see ep2 action fleet ships and ageneral riekeen action figure

General Veers
02-09-2002, 08:55 AM
I just want to see

Royal Guard EP2
Ephant MOn
Any new EP1 or CT stuff
Count Dokku (neutral pose)
Jedi Starfighter Obi-Wan with Headset
Anakin Jedi Robes

stillakid
02-09-2002, 09:10 AM
naked dancing girls. not action figures....just naked dancing girls. :rolleyes:

yaddle yodas love pu
02-09-2002, 02:23 PM
I dont care about anything E2 or classic, just as long as we get the long-awaited Jira action figure. (Jira is the old English lady who says "Storm's comin' Anni!"). She should come with gourds and false teeth as accessories!