PDA

View Full Version : Matt's Mini Review: Hoth Snowtrooper

AmanaMatt
05-29-2007, 01:37 AM
I love this figure.

Articulation: SA in every sense. From the balljointed head, universal shoulder joints, balljointed elbows, knees, hinged ankles and wrists.

Sculpt - fantastic detail - the hood is oversized, as it should be and gives this a very 'movie authentic' feel. I would have prefered a generic British looking guy underneath, but only because that's the type of actors they used at the time.

Soft goods - thank goodness Hasbro fixed this issue - it does not hold the articulation back nor does it detract from the absolutely gorgeous sculpt.

Paint Aps - perfect in almost every sense.

Check out my pic - speaks louder than words! BTW, I switched out Comic two pack Luke's gun - like the Ig-88 vintage fig, it has that wonderful silver detailing.

bigbarada
05-29-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm really glad that we finally got a great Snowtrooper with a soft-goods skirt. Those plastic skirts on all the previous trooper figures (including the recent Clonetroopers) might look better, but they completely cancel out any leg articulation (especially on that stupid Galactic Marine figure).

I was too excited for Bossk and IG-88, so I ordered them online. I decided I could wait for everyone else; but after seeing your picture, I might have to order a Snowtrooper as well.:love:

AmanaMatt
05-29-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm really glad that we finally got a great Snowtrooper with a soft-goods skirt. Those plastic skirts on all the previous trooper figures (including the recent Clonetroopers) might look better, but they completely cancel out any leg articulation (especially on that stupid Galactic Marine figure).

I was too excited for Bossk and IG-88, so I ordered them online. I decided I could wait for everyone else; but after seeing your picture, I might have to order a Snowtrooper as well.:love:

The snowtrooper is my fav, I think...I love the main three: Bossk, Ig-88 and the Snowtrooper = its too hard to say

Kidhuman
05-29-2007, 11:14 PM
The snowtrooper and IG are the best in this line. These are the only two I will buy to open(I need more snowtrooeprs though, 3-4 more)

I love this figure. His helmet was a tad loose, so I turned his head to the left and put the helmet on for a tighter fit and it works great.

Jaff
06-01-2007, 02:34 PM
What a great Imperial. The problem is that if you wanted to replace all your older versions it would cost a fortune. Thus I only own two. The removable helmet is a nice touch, and the coloring is perfect. Top notch. I agree with Kidhuman in that this and IG are the best.

JediTricks
06-10-2007, 03:27 PM
A friend sent me this figure, completing my VTSC2 needs. It's a great figure, I love that the helmet can turn to the sides, and the articulation is very slick - though I did have to fight to get the elbows to 90 degrees. They did an outstanding job on the sculpting, it is very tight and detailed just so. The light light blue color for some segments seems weird but not wrong. A real winner.

Old Fossil
06-10-2007, 09:28 PM
God, I wish I could army-build this thing, but at $10-12 apiece it's going to be well-nigh impossible. I've only seen it once at retail, and bought it, and promptly opened it. I hope to get at least 2 more, 1 more to open and another to keep carded.

Can you imagine what a squad of these guys would look like, with the odd AT-AT Driver and General Veers thrown in for good measure?

Kidhuman
06-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I have two of them, want to get two more. These are great figures. You are right about the elbow movement JT, its really tight. At first I didnt think it was there, then I saw it and didnt want to move it to hard cause I would be mighty pi55ed if it broke.

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 09:08 PM
My issue wasn't that it wouldn't move, it was that it stopped about 2/3rds through the range of motion.

jedibear
06-16-2007, 02:57 PM
It's the best in the wave. Matt's praise is well-placed.

I also like IG-88 & Bossk too. Han Hoth not so much...and I'm afraid to open Leia and Luke...

But they sure do right by these Imperial figures!

bigbarada
06-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I bought one and planned to keep it carded, but just couldn't wait any longer. I opened it this morning and it really is an amazing figure.

As much as I complained about the Jango head underneath, the nice thing about it is that it forced Hasbro to make the helmet large enough to fit over the head. So, we finally have a Snowtrooper with a correctly proportioned helmet.

I can see now why people are claiming that he's the best figure in the new line.