PDA

View Full Version : we need ALL-NEW Sculpt X-Wing Pilot Figures!

Gothiczartan
05-29-2007, 08:49 AM
I would like to see an all new sculpt X Wing Pilot figure for the star wars basic figures line, no more using a dutch vander mold anymore.

X Wing Pilot figure has to have all the super acculations

ball jointed neck
ball jointed shoulders
ball jointed elbows
ball jointed torso
ball jointed knees
ball jointed ankles
swivel forearms
swivel hips

removable helmet (chin strap)
blaster (same one from Dutch)

since luke skywalker x wing pilot figure from vintage the saga collection already has all the ball jointed parts, why not x wing pilot figures like wedge antilles, biggs darklighter and others? A Wing Pilot figure has it all, the Rebel Honor Guard has it all, even a death star trooper has them!

that won't be fair to x wing pilot figures.

JON9000
05-29-2007, 10:03 AM
I feel exactly the same. I don't see why they don't do this if they have the tooling lieing about. Nevertheless, the 2004 body was a major improvement over the POTJ and POTF2 bodies.

bigbarada
05-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Unfortunately, everyone went on and one about how great that Dutch Vander figure was back in 2004, so Hasbro seems to think that they don't need to improve it anymore, even though the articulation is seriously lacking compared to most recent figures.

mtriv73
05-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Dutch is a good starting point though. If they used the Vintage Luke from last year and just did head swaps, they could make all of Red and gold squadrons rather quickly (except Porkins, but he's already done.) And if they released them as 2-packs with their astromechs I could die happy.

Anyway, shouldn't this be in the Dear Hasbro thread?

DarkArtist
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
while i like the Dutch body and all, not all pilots are the same height. also he is kind of hard to fit in the cockpit of the POTF X-Wing. I would love to see them use both the vintage Luke body as well as the Zev body.

Gothiczartan
05-29-2007, 08:22 PM
the Dutch Vander mold looks ok but Wedge and Biggs not good to me.

Dutch can have this kind of mold and the rest of the x wing pilots, I rather like them with all the ball jointed body parts on othe x wing pilots and wedge and biggs also!

I like wedge x wing pilot in all new sculpt (wedge is a little taller then luke in the movie I think) with ball jointed neck/shoulders/elbows/torso/knees/ankles, swivel forearms/hips, removable helmet (chin strap) possible all new sculpt with a working visor, blaster

same for biggs darklighter, he needs that same as wedge that I listed all the ball jointed parts on figure and helmet w/working visor.

I think that will sell just right if hasbro make them someday in the future!

the luke x wing pilot mold from VTSC can be use for to create a x wing pilot from ROTJ that black male in x wing pilot who says "she's gonna blow"

the luke mold maybe can be use to create wedge antilles and the helmet too. you think wedge is taller then luke in the movie and in comics?

are wedge and luke are same height in characters? is so maybe they can use the luke x wing mold the vintage style to create a wedge antilles from ANH and ROTJ.

Gothiczartan
05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
while i like the Dutch body and all, not all pilots are the same height. also he is kind of hard to fit in the cockpit of the POTF X-Wing. I would love to see them use both the vintage Luke body as well as the Zev body.

Zev needs a all new sculpt, maybe and rest that will be just right to fit in a x wing fighter or a snowspeeder

General_Grievous
05-29-2007, 08:30 PM
I think I'm in the minority by saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". IMO, the Dutch Vander body looks much better than the VTSC X-Wing Pilot Luke body.

Gothiczartan
05-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I think I'm in the minority by saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". IMO, the Dutch Vander body looks much better than the VTSC X-Wing Pilot Luke body.

no matte what the fans like them. still luke stays the same mold and dutch same mold

I like the luke mold better.

maybe dutch should of have all the ball jointed parts on figure in the first place.

General_Grievous
05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
On second thought, with Luke it's not really the mold that's the problem, it's the head. It's a bit disproportionate to the rest of his body.

Jargo
05-29-2007, 08:55 PM
I want an updated Porkins with the same separately sculpted straps around his legs as the other pilots now have. I'm fine with his sculpt but the straps molded onto the legs just doesn't match. it's like comparing the figures of POTF2 biggs pilot to 30AC Biggs pilot. one is clearly superior. so why can't we have an updated porkins in that respect with a little added articulation?

Pops
John D
Theron Nett
Tyree
Wes Janson
Dak Ralter
Mak Case

I'd be happy to get them if they used the Dutch Vander body. maybe improved arm articulation but otherwise I'm happy with that x-wing pilot sculpt. and it's a sure bet those who we only saw fly snowspeeders would also fly x-wings so I'd prefer to see hem as regular pilots rather than that hoth flight suit. including Zev Senesca single carded in the regular flight suit.

Gothiczartan
05-29-2007, 08:58 PM
I want an updated Porkins with the same separately sculpted straps around his legs as the other pilots now have. I'm fine with his sculpt but the straps molded onto the legs just doesn't match. it's like comparing the figures of POTF2 biggs pilot to 30AC Biggs pilot. one is clearly superior. so why can't we have an updated porkins in that respect with a little added articulation?

Pops
John D
Theron Nett
Tyree
Wes Janson
Dak Ralter
Mak Case

I'd be happy to get them if they used the Dutch Vander body. maybe improved arm articulation but otherwise I'm happy with that x-wing pilot sculpt. and it's a sure bet those who we only saw fly snowspeeders would also fly x-wings so I'd prefer to see hem as regular pilots rather than that hoth flight suit. including Zev Senesca single carded in the regular flight suit.

I like x wing pilots with all the ball jointed parts just like the upcoming a wing pilot figure no matter how much the star wars fans like them but still needs all new sculpt x wing pilots like wedge and biggs.

hasbro must make all new sclupt x wing pilot figures in all ball jointed on their figure body!

Jargo
05-30-2007, 08:26 AM
I'd still sooner get the same figure sculpt with new heads.
say a B-wing pilot. one a human head second one Mon Calamari. another with a different human head.
head variants on the A-wing pilot.
a new Y-wing pilot from ROTJ with decent articulation but not SA.
variants variants variants. loads they can do. faffing around with the SA sculpt of the Luke figure which is badly proportioned wouldn't look right. I'd like a unified look to my pilots for them all to be of the same quality.
i'm happy with the dutch vander sculpt and don't want to buy biggs and wedge and dutch again with the SA sculpt.

Gothiczartan
05-30-2007, 08:32 AM
I'd still sooner get the same figure sculpt with new heads.
say a B-wing pilot. one a human head second one Mon Calamari. another with a different human head.
head variants on the A-wing pilot.
a new Y-wing pilot from ROTJ with decent articulation but not SA.
variants variants variants. loads they can do. faffing around with the SA sculpt of the Luke figure which is badly proportioned wouldn't look right. I'd like a unified look to my pilots for them all to be of the same quality.
i'm happy with the dutch vander sculpt and don't want to buy biggs and wedge and dutch again with the SA sculpt.

the luke x wing pilot with SA is not that bad to me!

maybe they can repack luke x wing (VTSC sculpt) in a basic figure line like star wars legends

the y wing pilot needs a ball jointed neck/shoulders/elbows/knees/ankles, removabel helmet

they can use the same luke x wing mold to create the black male x wing pilot from ROTJ and maybe can use it to create wedge antilles or maybe a little taller if make new sculpt with all the ball jointed feature on figure with helmet (chin strap)