PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coin anyone?

DarthQuack
05-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Checked out the latest news from the bot....Hadn't heard anything about these special gold coins, I just assume it's some kind of UGH thing? Delete the thread if I'm mistaken...

mtriv73
05-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Yep, UGH again. And I'll be passing again. I didn't see any UGH figures in the stores last year and don't expect to ever see these.

Snowtrooper
05-29-2007, 05:39 PM
I really don't care if I find these or not. If I see them in the store, then I might buy them. But I'm not going to be scouring the stores and the internet trying to locate these. This is pretty much the same attitude I had with the UGH last year.

DarkArtist
05-29-2007, 08:16 PM
well knowing Hasbro it will be alot of crappy repacks that no one wants, for instance Han Solo Millenium Falcon Gunner.

I really didn't see any last year so I'm thinking this year will be the same.

Kidhuman
05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Last year I only bought the UGH figures and passed on the same n the regular line. It was easier than buying two of them and it was the way I found Scorch, so it made it easier for the others like that.

figrin bran
05-30-2007, 01:45 AM
i never found any UGH's out in the wild last year.

on one hand, i know i don't need any of these but on the other hand, i would like to find one just for the proverbial thrill of the hunt.

timmae
05-30-2007, 01:49 AM
i say i won't be a completist on these. at least i hope not. will definately pick up any i see. they are obviously for carded collectors. what wave will they be snuck into and how many will there be?

K M Toydarian
05-30-2007, 04:14 AM
i say i won't be a completist on these. at least i hope not. will definately pick up any i see. they are obviously for carded collectors. what wave will they be snuck into and how many will there be?

Peaks my curiosuty, but that's about it. I found a couple UGH's last year Han, Snowtrooper, and got them to have a couple represented in my carded collection. I got a smashed Han to open and put him in a little display with the silver minifig and silver stand.
With out the special stand, the open fig will be nothing interesting. The coin would go in the folder, but Meh.
Wonder if they will be set figures in set cases like last year. I decided to order all figures by the case this year so maybe I'll get a couple good ones, but I won't hunt them down.
And for goodness sake - NO gold McQuarries! That will only encourage scalping and make them even harder to find!

jedi master sal
05-30-2007, 01:28 PM
According to GH, these are starting to show up. Indeed Han is the first one that's been reported to have been found.

IIRC, there are either 6 or 10 of these this go around.

I got 6 UGH from last year. I DO want to try and get them all, so I'd apprecaite any help there. I'm looking to fill the coin album and the extra slots are in part for these Gold coins.

So if you see it, pick it up even if you don't need it. I or someone else here might need it. If not, then the next time you go back to the store just return it.

I certainly will do the same.

-Sal

JEDIpartner
05-30-2007, 02:45 PM
No interest.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 12:39 AM
I never saw any UGHs last year, but they were way nicer than this gold coin, very gaudy.