PDA

View Full Version : we need ALL NEW SCULPT X-Wing Pilot figures!

Gothiczartan
05-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Dear Hasbro

please I don't want to see a dutch vander mold to create other pilots.

what I want to see all new sculpt x wing fighter pilot figures

ball jointed neck
ball jointed shoulders/elbows
ball jointed torso
ball jointed knees/ankles
swivel forearms
swivel hips

removable helmet (same luke VTSC mold)
blaster gun

if you make this figure in all new sculpt it will sell very well and it would be fair if a x wing pilot needs all the ball jointed feature on figure just like the upcoming a wing pilot, death star trooper, rebel honor guard and the rest of them that the ball jointed parts on body.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8174/swanhxwingpilotsnu0.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5207/wedgeantilleszs3.jpg

JEDIpartner
05-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Sure... why not? :)

Gothiczartan
05-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Sure... why not? :)

they can use it for to make a SA dutch vander with retooled head for ball jointed, wedge antilles and biggs darklighter.

I say Dutch Vander should of get all the SA the ball jointed on figure!

the tie fighter pilot too! in the vintage style

El Chuxter
05-30-2007, 10:40 AM
The ball joints weren't common when Dutch was made, which is why he doesn't have them. He's a perfectly adequate sculpt. A guy who sits in a cockpit and blows up doesn't need ball-joints, especially when there's a tendency for them to look crappy (like on the new Luke and Han figures).

bigbarada
05-30-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm kind of old fashioned when it comes to articulation. If one figure has a certain amount of articulation, then every figure needs to have the same or equivalent articulation. That's how it was for the vintage GI Joe line and the vintage Star Wars line (with the Star Wars line making exceptions for odd character body/head shapes).

Some people might want to do more with their pilot figures than just cram them in a cockpit and never touch them again. We're not all diorama builders.

Gothiczartan
05-30-2007, 09:05 PM
hey!

I got an idea!

why they can use the dutch body and retool the parts on

the arms to be ball jointed shoulders and elbows, swivel forearms
torso will be added with a ball jointed neck/head
feet (ball jointed knees) needs tooling on ball jointed ankles

Kidhuman
05-30-2007, 09:28 PM
HEy Mike, good to see you here.

The thing with the retools you listed is making a whole new figure. Either way they would need to make a new one.

pbarnard
05-30-2007, 10:09 PM
The knees between Vander's body and VotC luke are interchangeable. It makes about a 2mm difference in height, but given hair and neck post lengths, that can generate a lot of height diversity.

Gothiczartan
05-31-2007, 09:04 AM
HEy Mike, good to see you here.

The thing with the retools you listed is making a whole new figure. Either way they would need to make a new one.

hey Josh, glad you made it!

I look up two SW figures from ANH a luke x wing (VTSC) and biggs x wing (TAC), biggs is taller then luke.

maybe they got to retool the dutch vander mold by making new arms for ball jointed shoulders and elbows, torso needs retooling for ball jointed neck, new lower legs for ball jointed knees and ankles.

I just post a pic somewhere in this board.

Tycho
06-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Hehe. He's got you and me confused, KH. I think you should post something really insane now that will drive JT and Guyute crazy, and then I'll chime in and complain about it.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 02:55 AM
The ball joints weren't common when Dutch was made, which is why he doesn't have them. He's a perfectly adequate sculpt. A guy who sits in a cockpit and blows up doesn't need ball-joints, especially when there's a tendency for them to look crappy (like on the new Luke and Han figures).Yeah, nothing like a pilot whose arms stick out from his body at odd angles, that looks totally natural. :rolleyes: The arm poses on that Dutch Vander figure are just not acceptable anymore, and since he's also too tall for a lot of the pilots in the film, that's enough strikes against to warrant a new pilot body.

Gothiczartan
06-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah, nothing like a pilot whose arms stick out from his body at odd angles, that looks totally natural. :rolleyes: The arm poses on that Dutch Vander figure are just not acceptable anymore, and since he's also too tall for a lot of the pilots in the film, that's enough strikes against to warrant a new pilot body.

I prefer x wing pilots to have ball jointed neck/shoulders/elbows/torso/knees/ankles and a helmet (same mold from luke x wing VTSC) and use it for to create wedge, biggs and all others from ANH and ROTJ!

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I concur, the ball-jointed head is superior for pilots since they're often seen looking up and down and to the sides while in the cockpits. Actually, what I'd *really* like to see is a neck that's jointed both at top AND at the bottom.

Gothiczartan
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I concur, the ball-jointed head is superior for pilots since they're often seen looking up and down and to the sides while in the cockpits. Actually, what I'd *really* like to see is a neck that's jointed both at top AND at the bottom.

I got an idea, they can use the x wing luke VTSC and get some special devise they can use to scan the figure and make it a little taller, that will same the entire mold, just like the gentle giants studio where they use people for scanning for all kinds of things like toys, statues and many more, maybe they can use the luke x wing VTSC figure body to make the figure a little taller that luke figure.

and they can use the same helmet mold from luke VTSC line.

Gothiczartan
06-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Dear Hasbro

please I don't want to see a dutch vander mold to create other pilots.

what I want to see all new sculpt x wing fighter pilot figures

ball jointed neck
ball jointed shoulders/elbows
ball jointed torso
ball jointed knees/ankles
swivel forearms
swivel hips

removable helmet (same luke VTSC mold)
blaster gun

if you make this figure in all new sculpt it will sell very well and it would be fair if a x wing pilot needs all the ball jointed feature on figure just like the upcoming a wing pilot, death star trooper, rebel honor guard and the rest of them that the ball jointed parts on body.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8174/swanhxwingpilotsnu0.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5207/wedgeantilleszs3.jpg

no need for a ball jointed torso, a swivel waist will do just ok

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
I got an idea, they can use the x wing luke VTSC and get some special devise they can use to scan the figure and make it a little taller, that will same the entire mold, just like the gentle giants studio where they use people for scanning for all kinds of things like toys, statues and many more, maybe they can use the luke x wing VTSC figure body to make the figure a little taller that luke figure.

and they can use the same helmet mold from luke VTSC line.
Such a device doesn't exist to output molds, GG's realscan technology outputs computer data and at best wax, clay, or soft plastic recreations, but not metal tooling. Because of the complex and organic curves of the sculpting, the computer data can't be used to program a CNC machine to mill out a new mold, that's only for simple geometrics. So you'd have to use stereo lithography or something similar which produces inferior results to the original and is expensive and time-consuming, all to add just half a centimeter's height to Luke VTSC X-wing pilot body.

The better way I think would be to take a height-involved body part - the upper torso, lower torso, or legs - and resculpt just that aspect with the new height in mind, it'd require a new mold but not an entire figure's worth which is a big savings. The more savings a figure can produce, the more likely Hasbro will do it.

As I said in the other thread, the pilots lean forward in their cockpits so I think the universal-jointed (folks call this a "ball joint" but it's actually not because it uses a rotating pin assembly in the middle rather than a cup and ball) mid-torso joint is the better choice than a standard swivel waist.

Gothiczartan
06-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Such a device doesn't exist to output molds, GG's realscan technology outputs computer data and at best wax, clay, or soft plastic recreations, but not metal tooling. Because of the complex and organic curves of the sculpting, the computer data can't be used to program a CNC machine to mill out a new mold, that's only for simple geometrics. So you'd have to use stereo lithography or something similar which produces inferior results to the original and is expensive and time-consuming, all to add just half a centimeter's height to Luke VTSC X-wing pilot body.

The better way I think would be to take a height-involved body part - the upper torso, lower torso, or legs - and resculpt just that aspect with the new height in mind, it'd require a new mold but not an entire figure's worth which is a big savings. The more savings a figure can produce, the more likely Hasbro will do it.

As I said in the other thread, the pilots lean forward in their cockpits so I think the universal-jointed (folks call this a "ball joint" but it's actually not because it uses a rotating pin assembly in the middle rather than a cup and ball) mid-torso joint is the better choice than a standard swivel waist.

they can make a all new sculpt x wing pilot with new body in a average height not too tall as dutch. just make a new mold. they can aford it. no need for a special devise on making a figure taller. just get another to make a new mold a new sculpt figure for a general x wing pilot, the x wing pilot needs all the ball jointed body parts just like most of figures!

I don't wan a too tall x wing pilot, I want a average height pilot a same height as a upcoming b wing pilot a same height as biggs academy. no more retooled dutch vander figure. besides the hose is connect on the right upper thight, the hose was connect to the left lower torso just like luke x wing VTSC. first they can make a all new sculpt x wing pilot and in the future they can re use the mold and create other pilots in average heights like wedge and biggs.

Gothiczartan
06-06-2007, 11:35 PM
here are parts they can use to create a x wing pilot.

VTSC luke x wing figure for arms and waist and the leg straps
POTJ luke x wing figure for torso
OTC dutch wander figure for legs

a POTJ luke x wing will due ok with a retooling for the ball jointed arms on shoulders and elbows and the swivel forearms (luke x wing?)

the waist and the legs might have new sculpt for ball jointed knees and ankles

the same leg straps from luke x wing pilot VTSC

the torso with retooling for a ball jointed neck

I hope that will work for hasbro

Gothiczartan
06-07-2007, 12:06 AM
they can re use the VTSC luke x wing for arms/upper torso/lower legs for/helmet/let straps

can can re use dutch vander for uper legs

make a new lower torso/waist to add the upper torso of luke and upper legs of dutch vander.

that should do the trick to create a all new sculpt x wing pilot and same the mold to create biggs and wedge.

I check both biggs and luke x wing figures, they seemed to have same sixe arms.

the lower legs for feet will be great to add the upper legs of dutch

the upper torso of luke with a removable check piece w/hose

all they can make is a new lower torso to add the luke upper torso to create a sculpt torso to make the torso a little taller, don't you think that is a great idea?

the waist will be the same from luke x wing or maybe the new waist to fit the upper legs of dutch.

the lower legs of luke x wing to fit the upper legs of dutch.

they can re use luke x wing VTSC for arms (ball jointed for shoulders and elbows w/swivel forearms), upper torso w/removable chest piece w/hose, helmet (chin strap), lower legs (for ball jointed knees and ankles) and legs straps

just make new lower torso to add the upper torso

make a new sculpt waist

Gothiczartan
06-07-2007, 12:15 AM
here is the link of my idea for hasbro to make a new x wing pilot and re use parts of figure to create wedge and biggs.

luke x wing VTSC has the best parts to fit in, the details of the torso and feet looks movie accurate!

the part strap on the left lower leg in the movie not the right!

the hose was connect to the left sife of the lower chest.

the arms for ball jointed shoulders and elbows of luke x wing will work for x wing pilot.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1693/xwingretoolingreusefigumh7.jpg

all they can do it make a new sculpt lower torso to mold the upper torso to make it a little taller than the luke torso.

the new sculpt waist and upper legs ok?

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:53 AM
they can make a all new sculpt x wing pilot with new body in a average height not too tall as dutch. just make a new mold. they can aford it. no need for a special devise on making a figure taller. just get another to make a new mold a new sculpt figure for a general x wing pilot, the x wing pilot needs all the ball jointed body parts just like most of figures!Yes, they technically could, but they could make anything by that logic once it's taken out of the context of how the line is managed and how the company does business. The issue is whether it fits with what they already have planned and whether they feel it's needed right now.

And again, "they can afford it" is not a reasonable argument to make, that's like saying George Lucas could buy the state of Kansas - maybe he could but does he want to, would it put him into bankruptcy to do so, would he gain anything by doing so, would he have to sacrifice his company to do it?

here are parts they can use to create a x wing pilot.

VTSC luke x wing figure for arms and waist and the leg straps
POTJ luke x wing figure for torso
OTC dutch wander figure for legs

a POTJ luke x wing will due ok with a retooling for the ball jointed arms on shoulders and elbows and the swivel forearms (luke x wing?)

the waist and the legs might have new sculpt for ball jointed knees and ankles

the same leg straps from luke x wing pilot VTSC

the torso with retooling for a ball jointed neck

I hope that will work for hasbroI don't see how that'll work for them. There's no way the torso of the POTJ X-wing Luke will work with the waist of VTSC Luke, the parts don't match even a little (in this case because VTSC one's waist piece is part of his mid-torso piece). And I don't think Dutch Vander's legs will work with either crotch pieces as the hips of both are smaller so the wells are a different size, and the hips may have different sized pins as well. Plus there's the issue of POTJ X-wing Luke's waist having the strap sculpted onto it while the other 2 figures have separate straps.

I think they either need to stick with the VTSC Luke body, modify it for height, or start over from scratch. I'd like to see them do any of that ASAP.

Gothiczartan
06-07-2007, 02:04 AM
they can aford to use luke x wing parts and make some new parts to create a new x wing pilot. you should judge on me giving out ideas for the star wars figures that needed to be made, how about if I could mention it at the con in san diego or If I was at the star wars celebration I would of mention that there!

Gothiczartan
06-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Yes, they technically could, but they could make anything by that logic once it's taken out of the context of how the line is managed and how the company does business. The issue is whether it fits with what they already have planned and whether they feel it's needed right now.

And again, "they can afford it" is not a reasonable argument to make, that's like saying George Lucas could buy the state of Kansas - maybe he could but does he want to, would it put him into bankruptcy to do so, would he gain anything by doing so, would he have to sacrifice his company to do it?

I don't see how that'll work for them. There's no way the torso of the POTJ X-wing Luke will work with the waist of VTSC Luke, the parts don't match even a little (in this case because VTSC one's waist piece is part of his mid-torso piece). And I don't think Dutch Vander's legs will work with either crotch pieces as the hips of both are smaller so the wells are a different size, and the hips may have different sized pins as well. Plus there's the issue of POTJ X-wing Luke's waist having the strap sculpted onto it while the other 2 figures have separate straps.

I think they either need to stick with the VTSC Luke body, modify it for height, or start over from scratch. I'd like to see them do any of that ASAP.

hasbro can retool the parts to fit the figure!

forget the POTJ luke torso!

the VTSC luke torso will due with a new lower torso and wais and the thights to fit the feets.

don't take avantage of me when I try to give out ideas for hasbro to make star wars figures that we most fans want!

I think hasbro using the VTSC luke x wing parts for arms, torso, feet is a great idea so they don't have to make anothe sculpt figure parts.

what's wrong with you people? i'm sure hasbro makes good money. how about I can mention it at the star wars can?

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 02:13 AM
they can aford to use luke x wing parts and make some new parts to create a new x wing pilot. you should judge on me giving out ideas for the star wars figures that needed to be made, how about if I could mention it at the con in san diego or If I was at the star wars celebration I would of mention that there!
The Hasbro team spoke with a lot of fans, gave a lot of their time at CIV for exactly that, so I hope you do make it to SDCC and give them your ideas. I suspect they'll say some of the things I've been saying, but maybe they'll be more receptive, and either way they'll know there's a demand for a new pilot figure.

But don't be surprised either if you tell them "you can afford it" only to get either an eye-roll or a lecture on how Hasbro's line design works rather than what you hope.

Gothiczartan
06-07-2007, 02:21 AM
The Hasbro team spoke with a lot of fans, gave a lot of their time at CIV for exactly that, so I hope you do make it to SDCC and give them your ideas. I suspect they'll say some of the things I've been saying, but maybe they'll be more receptive, and either way they'll know there's a demand for a new pilot figure.

But don't be surprised either if you tell them "you can afford it" only to get either an eye-roll or a lecture on how Hasbro's line design works rather than what you hope.

I'm sure they will be nice enough for me to tell them the details of the luke x wing parts with some new parts to create a x wing pilot and share with wedge and biggs. we'll see about that.

Gothiczartan
06-12-2007, 10:49 PM
maybe there is no need for a all new sculpt x wing pilot, they can reuse the luke x wing VTSC line and retool for the torso to make it little taller and add the new upper legs and the waist might need some retooling. the arms and lower legs with the upper torso is just right for hasbro to reuse for to create a generic x wing fighter pilot from SW ANH and ROTJ and later they can reuse to create wedge and maybe someday biggs and all others from ANH and ROTJ.

all they can to is add new thighs and retool the torso. the helmet from luke x wing VTSC or the dutch vander ok?

Gothiczartan
06-12-2007, 10:50 PM

I told you they can reuse the VTSC luke x wing figure to create a pilot, they can add new tighs and retool the torso!