PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Spoiler Support Group

Pendo
02-06-2002, 04:29 PM
I need your help guys. I have been a spoiler freak all through Episode II, but have decided to remain spoiler free for SW3 but I just can't do it! There aren't even any real spoilers out there for Episode III yet and already I'm finding it difficult!
Anybody got any tips to help me get through it when the Episode III spoilers start coming in?

Thanx,
PENDO!

Beast
02-06-2002, 04:35 PM
You could try stop reading Star Wars magazines, disconnect your computer, and then move into the wilderness into a small cabin with no electricity for 3 years until the movie opens. Spoilers are so rampent everywhere, its hard to avoid, if your curious. :)

I don't mind spoilers myself, I think it's pretty fun to track down the information and figure out the movie before it comes out. I know some absolutly hate to know whats going to happen, but browsing even the official site, much less fan websites allows you to come in contact with it way to easily.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
02-06-2002, 10:48 PM
Yes.

DON'T read "Mace's Death" thread in the Episode III (Spoiler) section. Tycho and the others ("...and me! I helped, too!" Rollo added modestly) have pretty much summed up the entire movie.

Seriously, I think the main areas to avoid are the toy sections. I see a lot of people let SPOILERS slip in non Episode II sections, accidentally.

By all means, avoid the Episode III (Spoiler) section.

Be wary in the miscelaneous section.

NEVER, EVER go to StarWars.com

DO NOT download trailers. Or go to movies you know the trailer will be on. if you do go, make sure you show up AFTER the trailers have run. You can go the whole two and a half years without so much as a smidge of Spoiler info, and get completely wrecked by watching 3 to 4 minutes of trailers.

Other than that, all it takes is fortitude.

i wish you luck.

Jargo
02-07-2002, 05:40 AM
Not visiting sites with spoilers sections helps. But seeing as the entire net goes star wars manic and posts every tiny little detail regarding anything at all even remotely related to the movies, I don't see how anyone can be spoiler free these days. If it has star or wars in the story then it'll be related to star wars news and rumour somehow. Why there's some sites that positively feed on that stuff. So unless you become a hermit in the Tibetan mountains and wear a bucket on your head for the next three years I think you may be out of luck remaining spoiler free. It's a vortex this spoiler thing. No matter how hard you try to resist, you always get sucked in somehow.

Rollo Tomassi
03-01-2002, 06:03 PM
I've also noticed that if something gets posted as a SPOILER often enough, it ceases to be a spoiler. People just begin to take it for granted that it's been posted so often EVERYBODY knows about it, so they'll non-chalantly drop it into discussion in a supposedly spoiler-free discussion. And once it's dropped, then forget it. You know about it. You weren't expecting to read about it, but some spoiler freak made that decision for you. If you are truly going to remain spoiler free, then you might have to go without SirStevesGuide for three years. It's unfair, I know, but the powers that be have decided the rights of the spoiler types outweigh those of the hardier types who decided to stick it out.

I am thinking about going spoiler free myself for Episode III.

With a slight modifier.

I am going to avoid SPOILERS but keep an eye out for the inevitable bumbler who decides to drop spoiler information into a non spoiler section. Like the miscalaneous section or the toy sections. then I'll be all "Thanks jerk. Thanks for spoiling the movie for me with that little unasked for tidbit.:mad: "

Anyway, I'm thinking about it. It's a ways off before we start getting hit with the real juicy III stuff. I've got some time.

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 01:15 PM
I was just about to post pretty much the same thread when I saw this one, I've ruinned Episode II for myself by looking at the spoilers so we'll have to stick together for Episode III Pendo!

Rollo Tomassi
03-04-2002, 10:17 AM
Okay, So Pendo, JP2K2 (JP2K5 by the time III rolls around), and myself are all going Spoiler Free for EIII. Looks like we've got a little support group going. Good.

JEDIpartner
03-04-2002, 10:21 AM
But I am about the worst person to have helping you on your quest to be spoiler free. I have been a spoiler freak since I saw 2 McQuarrie paintings for ESB in Starlog magazine back in 1979. I just realised that no amount of information could prepare me for what I would see on the screen once the film opened. I was, after all, the kid who knew the "secret" of Vader before my friends did. I uttered the words along with him and got hit by my friends for not "sharing" my knowledge beforehand! Hahahaha:crazed:

Beast
03-04-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
But I am about the worst person to have helping you on your quest to be spoiler free. I have been a spoiler freak since I saw 2 McQuarrie paintings for ESB in Starlog magazine back in 1979. I just realised that no amount of information could prepare me for what I would see on the screen once the film opened. I was, after all, the kid who knew the "secret" of Vader before my friends did. I uttered the words along with him and got hit by my friends for not "sharing" my knowledge beforehand! Hahahaha:crazed:
LOL, wow back then people actually hit you for not revealing spoilers?? How times have changed, now the majority hit you if you accidently reveal a spoiler. :D Yeah, I can't help with your no E3 spoilers wants either guys, I enjoy tracking them down and figuring the plot out to much to remain spoiler free. I will be going spoiler free to "The Two Towers" and "Return of the King" though, since I put off reading the books so as to not ruin the movies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
03-06-2002, 06:48 PM
Cool, I didn't realise you wanted to keep spoiler free aswell Rollo, come on we've all got to be strong!

Rollo Tomassi
03-07-2002, 12:46 PM
Well, I'm still browsing the Epsiode III (Spoiler) section until AOTC comes out, but as soon as the juicy stuff starts rolling in I am outta there.

I notice you pop in there quite a bit yourself.;)

Beast
03-07-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Well, I'm still browsing the Epsiode III (Spoiler) section until AOTC comes out, but as soon as the juicy stuff starts rolling in I am outta there. I notice you pop in there quite a bit yourself.;)
Isn't that technically breaking your no episode III spoiler vow? Especially if the movie turns out as close as the people that have been posting in a certain well replied thread, have said? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
03-07-2002, 01:13 PM
Well so far I've managed to stay clean, away from the Episode III (Spoiler) section. It's when the juicy stuff starts coming in that it's going to get really difficult!

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
03-07-2002, 05:28 PM
I think I'll see the end of the year out and then I'll stop connecting to the internet.

Pendo
03-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
I think I'll see the end of the year out and then I'll stop connecting to the internet.

I might find it hard to stay spoiler free but I could never stop connecting to the Internet. There is more Star Wars news out there, than just Episode III spoilers, which I couldn't stay away from. What if the Classics are announced to be released on DVD and I miss it cause I'm not going on the internet?
I also visit other websites other than Star Wars ones.
Also work forces me to go online every now and then.

So it doesn't look like being spoiler free will be as easy for me...

PENDO!

Rollo Tomassi
03-07-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Isn't that technically breaking your no episode III spoiler vow? Especially if the movie turns out as close as the people that have been posting in a certain well replied thread, have said? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well, that's all speculation. There's a difference between creatively good guessing and actual "confirmed" spoilers. until that kind of specific stuff hits the section, I figure I'm safe.

Jon
05-19-2002, 09:44 AM
As of today I am oficcialy enrolling into the no spoiler thread. I practically knew the whole movie going in and was amazed that the internet scripts and updates were almost dead on. Sure there were some surprises and it certainly did not ruin the movie for me, in fact I think AOTC is the best of our beloved 5. However, I can only imagine how much more exciting and great it could have been with only the trailers to go by. My name is Jon and I'm a spoilerholic. Help me stay clean until 2005!

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 02:45 AM
Welcome aboard, Jon. I have decided to stick in these sections when I go Spoiler Free:

General Discussion
Movie: Other
Dear Hasbro
Kenner Vintage

The Dear Hasbro will probably get dropped fairly soon thereafter as someone will ask for a Episode III spoiler figure. Then General Discussion because of its volatile random nature, someone will drop a spoiler and the mods wont catch it in time.

But Movie: Other and Vintage threads should be safe. If not, I'll leave the SSG altogether and maybe even stop going on-line.

Pendo
05-20-2002, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the gang Jon. We're all here to support eachother and help us remain spoiler free. We're also here to give the Spoiler Freaks a good laugh when they read our guess work of what will happen in Episode III :D.

PENDO!

princethomas
06-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Im with you too!

I am definitly going spoiler free for Episode 3.
The best part about this is being able to try to guess whats going to happen and you cant do that when everyone around you already knows what happens.
But it occurred to me. We can use these others in here, the spoiler freaks, to our advantage. They can be our guides. Our Babysitters even. They can help to be our Lookouts. They can read the articles first for us. They can go to the StarWars.com and tell us if it is safe. They can be our official royal food tasters.

Thats what we need.

-Tom

Jek Porky 2002
08-03-2002, 06:13 AM
Here I am now for the next nearly three years, because I'm going spoiler free, cold turkey. The only things I want to see are the trailers and the publicity surrounding the film's release in 2005!

What do you want to see/not to see?

Pendo
08-03-2002, 06:17 AM
Welcome to the Spoiler Free gang ;). We're all here as a team Jek so we all support eachother through the most difficult time of our lives, being SPOILER FREE :eek::eek::eek:!!!!!

I want to see just the same as you really, trailers, publicity and also the cast list when it comes on StarWars.com.

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
08-03-2002, 06:24 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot the cast list, good call, my Spoiler Free Brother.

dr_evazan22
08-03-2002, 01:48 PM
I had decided to do the same thing about a month ago, but I'm not sure if I have the will power to pull it off. I'm SO SW crazy:crazed: , and I enjoy and look forward to spy reports SO much!

I would really like to walk into the theater in '05 and just be surprised by what I see, but that would mean not reading the novel, buying the soundtrack or buying any of the toy's before the movies release.

Add to that, I think there is a huge difference between what I read, or still images I see, versus the magic of seeing the story unfold on the big screen. Rather, rading about all the spoilers makes me more excited to see it in theaters.

I think it will come down to a day by day struggle to decide what I want more. I want anybody who stays spoiler-free to know I admire you b/c it takes a lot of strength.

Pendo
08-03-2002, 01:59 PM
Wouldn't it just be easier if EVERYBODY in the world was spoiler free, then no websites would post spoilers. Wouldn't it be even easier if there were no spy reporters!! Can't GWL hire people who aren't going to spoil the plot?!!

PENDO!

Jon
08-03-2002, 02:14 PM
I have been Spoiler Free since the day AOTC came out. I want total surpirise going into E3. Welcome to the group!!

Jek Porky 2002
08-03-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
or buying any of the toy's before the movies release.

I'll buy the figures, they don't give away too much.

darthvyn
08-03-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002

I'll buy the figures, they don't give away too much.

i don't know about that one... i had no idea anakin was going to loose an arm in CLONES until i opened the figure and... (sound of weak magnetic forces loosing grip...)

i also didn't know that dooku was a darth. i mean, i figured as much, but didn't want it confirmed. you didn't even need to open the figure for this one... it was count dooku on the basic, and darth tyranus on the deluxe.

Pendo
08-04-2002, 05:32 AM
And what about the Coruscant Chase figure with Assassin Droid? I think that spoils something!!!! :mad:

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 10:08 AM
Very true Pendo, very true!

Darth Grifter
08-05-2002, 08:30 PM
OK Pendo--

My friends went completely spoiler free between TPM and AOTC. Now, when I say spoiler free, I mean completely...here's the breakdown...

My friend -- we'll call him starwarsgod, or SWG for short -- bought my wife and myself tickets to the midnight showing of AOTC. Now, I had heard rumors of how much SWG hated hearing AOTC info but when I arrived at the theater, I finally learned how much he had done.

---He had plugged his ears and covered his eyes any time he heard SW music, Lucasfilm music or anything realtively related to AOTC come on to the TV
---He never, never, never, never went on to SSG or TheForce.net or SW.com or any StarWars website.
---He turned down the radio when anything came on.
---He hadn't gone into a toy store or anything for 6 months before AOTC came out
---He would scream profanities while running around the room with his fingers in his ears anytime one of our friends tried to ruin his streak of spoiler-freedom
---and this is the most amazing because he worked at a movie theater...HE HAD NEVER EVEN SEEN THE TRAILER POSTER until waiting in line for the midnight showing!!

This is the force-honest truth. I swear on the emperor's black bones that this man -- this spoiler-free god -- was like a AOTC virgin when he walked into that theater. He said that he will again go spoiler free until EIII.

Myself on the other hand, I am weak, feeble, no-willed, pathetic when it comes to spoilers because I thirst for the knowledge. So, good luck
:evil:

Pendo
08-06-2002, 03:24 PM
I wish I could do it like him!!! Can you get any tips from him??

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
08-06-2002, 04:35 PM
I salute you my Spoiler Free God *Bows and makes that noise that the Ewoks do* That man is my hero!

I can't see me lasting you know, even now, I'm worryed about what I'm missing in the Spilers forum, imagine what I'll be like in June!

billfremore
08-06-2002, 04:50 PM
I'm with you Pendo, I knew way too much about EP1, Qui-gon's death and so on, so I vowed to be spoiler free for EP2.
I allowed myself only to get information from the official site.
I figured they weren't going to reveal much or at least as much as force.net and other fan sites.

It's not exactly spoiler-free but it did give me the fix I needed to tide me over until it actually came out.
I'll probably do the same for Ep3.

Jek Porky 2002
08-06-2002, 04:55 PM
I didn't know anything about Episode I appart from the stuff that was in trailers and such like, but I kind of guessed that Darth Maul kills Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan kills Darth Maul, I don't know how I guessed but I did, unbelievable!

Darth Vellner
08-28-2002, 08:12 PM
LETS talk about NOT talking about EP. III
Is'nt ANY talking about Ep. III Possibly a "Spoiler"
What IS there to talk about, If you don't want to talk about the movie?? Just a Question.......(something TO talk about):p :D :p

187-Maul
09-02-2002, 05:10 PM
I will kinda join the spoiler-free gang
for episode1, I knew everything (I read the comic)
but for episode 2, I only saw the trailers and had seen the toys so I knew that anaki would lose his arm but the most important thngs about spoilers is to not know WHY and WHEN it happens
so I knew anakin would lose his arm but I didn't know why and when and by who
the best thing was that in the trailer, dooku said "join me and together we will destroy the sith" so that gave me the speculatuion of anakin already being turned to the dark side in E2 and dooku being a good guy afterall which gave me some great stuff to think about

now for E3 I will do exactly the same as I did with E2

Pendo
09-02-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
the best thing was that in the trailer, dooku said "join me and together we will destroy the sith" so that gave me the speculatuion of anakin already being turned to the dark side in E2 and dooku being a good guy afterall which gave me some great stuff to think about

I'd LOVE to have thought that before going to see the movie! That would have been a great shock to find out he was the bad guy! Man why wasn't I spoiler free for Episode II?!? I feel like I know most of Episode III already, Anakin turns evil, Padmé has children, Palpatine revealed as Sidious, Jedi Council die, etc...:frus:. But for Episode II you wouldn't know what was going to happen so everything would be more surprising. Atleast I won't know HOW all of this happens :).

PENDO!

dr_evazan22
09-03-2002, 12:19 AM
I've done a fairly good job of remaining spoiler-free so far. Around the time AOTC came out I read and posted a little in the spoiler forum, but to be honest it was all just guessing on everyone's part. It was a waste of time.

I've managed to not read spoilers on TFN and here. But as far as toys and official news go, I won't consider them spoilers, when their time comes.

The ONLY thing that I can think of that would really spoil the movie for me would be hearing that it absoluely sucked (and it being true!)!

Anyway, spoiler-free, except for official news.

darthvyn
10-07-2002, 11:22 AM
i hate spoilers. especially the kind that are on the back of those tiny honda civic and stuff, the ones that look like big airplane wings or bookshelves on the deck of those tiny cars...

oh, movie spoilers? yeah, i don't like them either...

mini-rock
10-08-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by darthvyn
i hate spoilers. especially the kind that are on the back of those tiny honda civic and stuff, the ones that look like big airplane wings or bookshelves on the deck of those tiny cars...

HEY! I have a Honda Civic! :p:p:p:p

Deoxyribonucleic
10-10-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
You could try stop reading Star Wars magazines, disconnect your computer, and then move into the wilderness into a small cabin with no electricity for 3 years until the movie opens.

That sounds rather "Unibomber-ISH" minus the reading of Star Wars mags :)

I'm one of those who tries not to find out alot but a little slip here and there doesn't bother me...I certainly don't get mad if I find something out, I find it fun to see if the things I find out are actually in the movie too like JJB. But, alas, JJB is correct in not reading, using your computer are generally just not hanging out in the general populous!

Goodluck Pendo!:crazed:

Jek Porky 2002
11-11-2002, 02:29 PM
Now that Attack Of The Clones is out on DVD, there is nothing to look forward to now, in the way of Star Wars, and I doubt there will be a trilogy DVD released in between now and 2005, I have began to crave Episode III information, ALREADY, and the film isn't even in production yet!

Is anyone else pineing for Episode III now?

Pendo
11-12-2002, 04:30 AM
My cravings started MONTHS ago :(. But now that the DVD is over with it will get ALOT harder :(. But no worries, we will all help eachother pull through it :)!

PENDO!

Deoxyribonucleic
11-12-2002, 10:54 AM
No, no "pineing" here. I try not to find out but if I do on accident, no biggie :)

I'd like to be as pleasantly surprised as possible!

:)

Rogue II
11-12-2002, 11:12 AM
Well, I have no intention of being spoiler free. I just happened to stop in here to see what you guys were talking about.

To ease your cravings, let me tell you that there haven't been really any spoilers as of yet.

Good Luck on your spoiler-free vows.

Jek Porky 2002
11-12-2002, 04:53 PM
Thanks Rogue II, I was hopeing that someone light say weather the spoilers had started, can you report back when they do actually start, so that I know to be on my guard!

Rogue II
11-12-2002, 07:24 PM
I'll do my best to let you know. The only spoiler I've heard is that filming has either started or will start soon.

Pendo
11-13-2002, 10:56 AM
Jek, I'd rather NOT know when spoilers start, wouldn't that make it easier to remain spoiler free, if you don't think they've started yet?

PENDO!

187-Maul
11-14-2002, 09:37 AM
luckily, I haven't felt the urge the look at some spoilers for E3 yet and I think that it will take some time till I will

I agree with Jek about telling when the spoilers start so that I won't suddenly find spoilers thinking they weren't "there" yet