PDA

View Full Version : Was Eeth Koth's hair that weird in the movie?

Fulit
08-22-2001, 06:50 PM
I just noticed it after looking at the picture about a hundred times, but that is some weird hair style. He looks like a Hare Krishna. Did he look like that in the movie?

Jargo
08-22-2001, 07:09 PM
Yeah, he had a bad 'DO'.

Neo Solo
08-22-2001, 09:43 PM
Hair? I didn't see no hair. Just some weird horn lookin' things. I'll go look again.

Neo Solo
08-22-2001, 10:02 PM
OOOOOhhhhhhhhhh. The Brave Heart leather-bound brade thingy. I'll be honest. I'm not liking this figure a whole lot. I mean, don't get me wrong - the figure itself is pretty good. The character needs some help, though. I mean, what's with the Cats musical makeup? He had better kick some serious Sith in Ep2. Either that or just kill him off at the very beginning of the film. He could die in the same scene as Jar Jar. Have an AT-AT step on them both at the same time.

What do you mean I'm close to turning to the dark side? I"LL NEVER JOINYOU!! NO!!! THAT"S NOT TRUE... THAT'SIMPOSSIBLE!!!! NOOOOOONNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Fulit
08-22-2001, 10:10 PM
I know what you mean, I'm liking the Eeth Koth figure less and less the more I look at it. I tried to give it a few days and not make a rush judgement, but something tells me my first instinct was right.

evenflow
08-23-2001, 07:49 AM
His hair does look wierd on the figure. That was my major problem with the figure, but I let it go. I thought it was just me, but I guess others see it too.

JEDIpartner
08-23-2001, 09:37 AM
Yeah... ol' Eeth has that "Cher: Half-Breed" thing going on all right. I just looked at his picture in my calendar. The face detail is pretty inaccurate, though if you compare the figure to the actual person.

JediCole
08-23-2001, 10:54 AM
Eeth Koth is suffering from what I call the "Ugnaught Syndrome", similar to Zutton. He is too accurate for his own good. Since we only see Eeth briefly on film, we don't get to appreciate how awkward the hair and makeup designs were for this Jedi. He has a very pronounced, horn-laden forehead followed by a receeding hair line that blossoms into a full blown cascade of braided hair. The problem with the figure is that it is TOO accurate. Right down to the almost inperceptable pencil-line patterns on his face and chin. If you get a chance to see a picture of his face I believe that the word "busy" best describes the final design. There are just too many conflicting elements that don't mix well. Like a peanut butter and Spam sandwitch, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Neo Solo
08-23-2001, 11:41 PM
My biggest problem with the figure/character is the pencil lines. What is the deal with 'em anyway? Maybe in Ep2 we'll learn about his past, how he got drunk and when he woke the next day and looked in the mirror... ohmylordwhathaveIdone!!!!

Peanut butter and Spam... was that EVER a good idea? Maybe to Eeth right before the tattoo parlor!

Fulit
08-23-2001, 11:52 PM
LOL Neo Solo, I'm thinking those lines are just on the prototype or something and the finished product will not have them. Surely Hasbro wouldn't leave those on there. Wait, what am I saying?

GNT
08-24-2001, 02:07 AM
And to think he was going to be the head of the council and then came Mace Windu and stole his position!

Stupid mace Good Koth

JediTricks
08-24-2001, 09:09 AM
The lines on the face are supposed to be there, they're facial tattoos that aren't as extreme as Maul's, it's a custom for Zabraks, I guess. Look at Jargo's pic, he's got LIGHT lines on his face, while Hasbro put DARK lines in there.

Fulit
08-24-2001, 10:14 AM
I read that Darth Maul came from a planet called Iridonia. Where did everyone read that he's a Zabrak? Not that you all are wrong, just curious. I assumed he was an Iridonian, but you don't have to be named after the planet you're from I guess. I read this in the SW E1 Darth Maul Journal. (Yes I know its a kids book, I got it for my son) :)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-24-2001, 02:53 PM
I think the question should be "Was Eeth Koth even in the movie?" I sure don't remember him. I'm sure he was in it in some obscure shot for a millisecond or two.

I think he would be better with dreadlocks and a fattie instead of that facocta (sp?) lightsaber. He could be a good companion to "Because I Got High" X-Wing Luke.

Jargo
08-24-2001, 04:10 PM
Eeth Koth was shown several times in reaction shots between himself and Adi Gallia in the Jedi council chamber. He was also among the group of Jedi debarking from the republic shuttle in Theed main plaza as Palpatine arrived home the new Supreme Chancellor elect. He's also standing on Theed palace steps as Boss Nass is handed the globe of peace.

Yes, he was in the movie. :)

Fulit
08-24-2001, 04:13 PM
and apparently so was his hair ;)

Jargo
08-24-2001, 08:30 PM
Did I just say 'debarking'? Holy patchouli! I meant to say disembarking.

The Emperor must be slightly distracte.............................

Beast
08-24-2001, 09:15 PM
I think the figure looks pretty good myself. It's a shame that its not more in a relaxed stance, but it makes sense what with "Episode 2" coming up. They choose to make him in a battle pose oviously as a lead in for E2 when he'll no doubt be shown fighting.

It was either make a normal stanced one now, and have to do a re-sculpt for E2. And Hasbro know how we hate re-sculpts, so blame the pose on all the people that complained about resculpts.

On the Dark side, look at the fact for E2 we'll probably be getting action posed figures of Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and many more....

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
08-25-2001, 01:20 AM
Eeth and Maul are Zabrak as far as I know!

JediTricks
08-25-2001, 10:15 AM
Maul's from the home planet of Iridonia, Koth was born on Nar Shadda, his parents are from Iridonia. You can read about that stuff here, on the official site:
Eeth Koth (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/eethkoth/)
Darth Maul (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthmaul/)
Remember to click the various filetabs (EU, Behind the Scenes) for more info.

Jargo, "Debarking" is a synonym for "Disembarking".

Darth_Setnom
08-25-2001, 09:40 PM
Hi people... Well, to my surprise i discovered that the forums had changed and that i was no longer part of them. this was somehow sad although i know i haven't been here in a while.

Anyway, I have a couple of things to say about this Eeth Koth:

1)HUGE
2) Disappointment

I wanted this figure. I wanted it bad. Those of you who have at least one year in here know it. But now I just don't get it. Why this angry pose? who is he battlig? I would have loved this figure (most likely) had his pose been a more neutral one. Like Plo Koon or Saesee Tiin... hell even Ki Adi Mundi tops this one in my charts.

I don't remember EK havng that hair (to respond to the topic) but perhaps that's because he was seen for about 2 seconds and was in a very passive, calm attitude.

Let's not forget about the "new lightsaber" Could someone explain this to me? Why does it look like it's a sword of fire that he stole from St. Micheal the archangel???? I say this because of that thing at the bottom of the "beam".

Anyway, please tell us more about this figure. And once again hello to all of my old buddies here (you know who you are...)

Fulit
08-25-2001, 09:56 PM
LOL, St. Michael the Archangel, that's a good one :D . I know what you mean, though, I get more disappointed in this figure everytime I look at him. The weird hair is probably a direct result of the battle pose, flying in the wind and all. I think someone said that already.

Oh, and thanks to JT for the info on Eeth and Maul! :)

JediTricks
08-26-2001, 09:00 AM
Welcome back Setnom! Everybody had to sign up for the new forums, not just you, so it's nothing personal. :)

As for the beam, it's supposed to be dynamic and catch the light better, but I'm not sold on this design yet either.