PDA

View Full Version : Jabba Palace Cinema Scene

Kidhuman
05-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Wow, this set looks nice. The only downside is that there arent many new figures in it. It comes with:

Boushh
Han from the Carbonite set
Luke with pistol
Bib Fortuna
Gam Guard
C3PO(looks like he has green slime)
Lando Skiff Gear
Nikto
and Jabba himself

I wish it would come with a Salacious Crum figure. I think the only new ones are Bib and Jabba. I cant recall if the JEdi Luke came with a blaster or a saber. 3PO is a repaint.

I will get the set as Jabba kicks arse.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=21902&cat=5334

El Chuxter
05-30-2007, 10:19 PM
They'll probably sucker me into all of these, but I really wish the new figures were available separately.

Rogue II
05-30-2007, 10:36 PM
We haven't bought many of those, so over half of them will be new for us. You know, we are going to quit buying the 2-packs and just by the battle packs.

Beast
05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm almost glad I'm possibly just gonna start getting into these. :)

I can get the cinema scenes and not have to worry about re-issues. :D

Edit: The Luke Jedi w/ Gamorrean Guard had a lightsaber, black glove, and no cloak.

K M Toydarian
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM
I really like the artwork on the 2 packs, so I have a set carded. But I won't buy anymore to open, I'll just get the Cinema Scenes to use as openers and fill in the blanks with 2 pack figures not in them. I am sure we will see some of these in the future as 2 packs esp. Jar Jar/ Qui Gon, But for 19.99 I really like the scenes!

I just hope the Wal Mart Cantina scenes are around in my area.

The Jabba is great though, and I am thrilled to get new scenes!

Rogue II
05-30-2007, 10:48 PM
It has worked for me so far, Beast. We skipped the bounty hunters 2-packs when they came out and later bought the battle pack. I didn't really pay attention to exactly was figures were in there, so I thought the Black Stormtrooper was a TIE Pilot until I opened the package.

By the way, welcome back.

Beast
05-30-2007, 10:54 PM
It has worked for me so far, Beast. We skipped the bounty hunters 2-packs when they came out and later bought the battle pack. I didn't really pay attention to exactly was figures were in there, so I thought the Black Stormtrooper was a TIE Pilot until I opened the package.

By the way, welcome back.
Thanks. Glad to be back.

I see there's a lot of variations to the paint schemes and such of the sets though. So it's sorta a pain in the butt in that case. Like the above mentioned Luke: Jedi.

bigbarada
05-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah, that Jedi Luke is all-new and he looks a lot better than the previous one. I'm excited about this set.

I had a couple of the bounty hunter sets, but still bought the big Bounty Hunter Cinema Scene. The Boba Fett from that set is painted according to his ESB outfit, the 2-pack version is painted like the ROTJ outfit.

I gave my extras to my buddy's 4-year old and he loves them, so everyone wins.:cool:

bobafrett
05-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Jabba looks cute as a button! I'll most likely get one set of these.

K M Toydarian
05-31-2007, 05:13 AM
For my opener set, I'm not too upset or obsessed about the different paint schemes. Just having an open representation of the character is enough.

I must add, seeing the display of GH at C4 was very impressive. You don't realize how many have been made, and are coming until you see them all lined up like that! I just love this line!

Here's link
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=21836&cat=5334

Kidhuman
05-31-2007, 06:27 AM
So the new figures in this set are:

Jabba
Bib
Luke
3PO(repaint)

Not bad for a battle pack set. Comsidering 8 figures, 3 of which are new or repainted and Jabba.

K M Toydarian
05-31-2007, 06:50 AM
Not bad for a battle pack set. Comsidering 8 figures, 3 of which are new or repainted and Jabba.
And considering the previous battlepacks boasted NEW figures which were straight repaints of troopers, R2s and 3PO, and no actual new sculpts, these are looking quite attractive.

With the other sets, there are new band members (and not a repack of FIGRIN D'AN), Jar Jar and Quigon, Wuher as well as repaints. Decent value.

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah, this set really looks great, I think Hasbro's got a winner with this new round of G.Heroes Cinema Scenes and starting out with Jabba is good start. The supporting figures are a fine assortment too, you get a few new ones and ones that make a lot of sense here. I'm still not clear on why they're depending on box sets for new releases, but whatever.

K M Toydarian
06-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Yeah, this set really looks great, I think Hasbro's got a winner with this new round of G.Heroes Cinema Scenes and starting out with Jabba is good start. The supporting figures are a fine assortment too, you get a few new ones and ones that make a lot of sense here. I'm still not clear on why they're depending on box sets for new releases, but whatever.

Not to say I wouldn't mind saving money by not buying exclusives and only getting 2 packs of new figures, but I can see the rationale for these new packs, introducing new characters.

As exclusives, with new figures, and a $20 price point, they make sense to retailers to get in customers, both collectors and average consumers.
Also, from the beginning of the Galactic Heroes line, there have been repacks and most figures always available in the line for quite a while. I am sur we will see Jabba, Qui Gon, Jar Jar, etc. released in 2 pack form at some point, and shouldn't be surprised by it.
I like this way better than buying a bunch of two packs, then being suckered into a cinema scene with only a couple repaints.
I can't wait for these. Anyone know a time frame?
EDIT: Just remembered the TRU exclusives are available for preorder online and say releases on 08/28/2007. Wonder if Target and WalMart will be the same.

Jargo
06-04-2007, 02:57 PM
I've been looking at these figures for yons in stores and trying to decide whether to collect or not. but the Jabba's palace and cantina cinema scenes convinced me I simply have to buy those sets. like some of you guys just fill in the blanks with a few 2-packs.
Jaba rocks though. way too cute.

Engineernerd
06-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Does Jabba have Puss in Boots eyes from Shrek? What he reminds me of, anyway. Who would have thought Jabba could look cuddly?

Jargo
06-04-2007, 08:55 PM
baby hutt. naaaah I bet hutts are butt ugly when their young. wriggly pupae or something. maggot like. giant green maggots.with evil yellow eyes. but really slow....

TheDarthVader
06-11-2007, 09:52 PM
A few questions please...

1. How much is this going to cost?

2. When can I get it?

3. Where can I get it?

Thanks in advance.

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 09:54 PM
A few questions please...

1. How much is this going to cost?

2. When can I get it?

3. Where can I get it?

Thanks in advance.
$20, Nov, Target
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23447&cat=5334

TheDarthVader
06-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the info, JT.

I don't collect GHs but I am a big jabba buff. I have/am getting:

sideshow jabba inclusive
sideshow jabba throne
saga jabba with hooka pipe
ghs jabba
gentle giant jabba statue
gentle giant slave leia statue :thumbsup:

JediTricks
06-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the info, JT.

I don't collect GHs but I am a big jabba buff. I have/am getting:

sideshow jabba inclusive
sideshow jabba throne
saga jabba with hooka pipe
ghs jabba
gentle giant jabba statue
gentle giant slave leia statue :thumbsup:
Dang, you should change your username! :D

evenflow
07-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Great set, i hope BBTS gets them. I never find exclusives.

Kidhuman
07-10-2007, 11:31 PM
I doubt this will be offered at any E-tailers. I just need to find one right away.

Kidhuman
12-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Well, after seeing this set I am so disappointed in how small Jabba is. I thought he would be a little bigger than the figures, buit he isnt. It became an easy pass for me.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, after seeing this set I am so disappointed in how small Jabba is. I thought he would be a little bigger than the figures, buit he isnt. It became an easy pass for me.

Sorry to hear KH, you seemed so stoked for this set. Sure you aren't going to reconsider? :lipsrsealed:

Kidhuman
12-07-2007, 08:29 PM
No, if Jabba was bigger yes. Bib isnt worth buying this pack for since he is the only new one in it besides Jabba.

El Chuxter
12-08-2007, 02:59 AM
I found it today and couldn't pass on it. And I've been passing on a lot lately.

MeetThyReaper
12-29-2007, 12:58 AM
One of the best renditions of jabba....EVER!

stillakid
12-29-2007, 01:43 AM
I found this last week and HAD to get it. Way too cute to pass up.

waboritas
12-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Never saw either Target Exclusive and wanted both. I only had the Han and Leia from this set, so I would have bought it. I'm hoping that it never made its way out in my area and that it will pop up in the next week or two, although I highly doubt it.

Are the TRU exclusives available at retail? I know they are sold out online.

shortcat
01-05-2008, 07:01 PM
I would guess that once we get past all the stores' inventory time, we should start to see them come in again. Possibly in much higher quantities than before. Target is the one that is least likely to get more, because they seem to be better at picking a quantity that won't have the pieces sitting on shelves for months. The drawback here is that there may not be enough for the people looking for them. I'm not saying that this will happen, but from past experience it is possible.

bigbarada
01-12-2008, 11:46 PM
No, if Jabba was bigger yes. Bib isnt worth buying this pack for since he is the only new one in it besides Jabba.

I've been looking at photos of the set and Jabba looks about the right size to me. He wasn't really that big in the movie. In fact if you disregard the tail, Ephant Mon is larger.

Bosskman
01-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Jabba is the perfect size.

bigbarada
01-26-2008, 10:29 AM
He might actually be a little too big from the photos I've seen; but that's cool with me. Now just to be able to find one.:(

fightattack
01-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Bigbadtoystore has the Jabba Cinema Scene in stock.
I'd post the link, but I can't yet. :)

Tycho
10-04-2008, 11:32 PM
I bought it today.

The way I see it, I'm only going to have triples of a few figures:

Leia Boussh
Han Unfrozen (another comes with the Skiff)

So maybe I'll just try and return that 2-pack?

The extra Nikto I have can go on the skiff, as can the Lando.

It pretty much works out better than I thought it did.

Bosskman
10-05-2008, 06:27 AM
The JP set is cool. Looks good when you throw the Rancor in with them too.

bobafrett
10-05-2008, 07:48 AM
The JP set is cool. Looks good when you throw the Rancor in with them too.

I can't remember, but is the Rancor a TRU exclusive?

Tycho
10-05-2008, 04:08 PM
I can't remember, but is the Rancor a TRU exclusive?

Yes. It has a TRU sticker on the box. But the Jabba's Palace was a Target exclsive LAST YEAR, so you never know.

I got J'sP at Sears actually. They charged $21 for it instead of $24. I'm sure I save a gallon of gas by getting it at the closer Sears store anyway, so I'd rate my savings at $7 total. That's almost another 3 3/4" figure.