PDA

View Full Version : The "where has JT been?" thread

JediTricks
05-30-2007, 11:14 PM
First off, check out my kickin' new 'tar (also attached below), I threw it together from a photo I took of the video clip during the Star Wars Family Guy panel at Celebration 4 (Meg is the dianoga!). Sure it's grainy, but believe me, if you saw the hell my little camera went through to get a few shots from the preview footage, you'd be amazed that it came out at all. Stewie as Vader is going to be 10 kinds of awesome.

Secondly, that first paragraph should clue you into where I've been the past week, I started last week working extra to make money for the convention and then spent more time at the LA Convention Center or on the bus to/from the LACC than I did in my house, the only times I've been online in that period were whenever I was writing copy from Steve's cell-connected laptop at the convention.

Which reminds me... what the hell is wrong with some of you people? I updated live from that Hasbro panel right in the front row and barely anybody checked it out while it was happening! Even before Steve's live-update photos were coming in I was constantly updating that darn story every minute and nobody seems to have noticed. Bah! This is why I didn't bother doing the same thing the next day with my Sideshow notes (even though it could have been the exact same setup had I felt it was worth it), and now am taking my time as I try to decompress from 5 days of craziness. I don't know how Steve puts up with you people!!! ;)

Anyway, I'm about to upload a bunch of photos I took over the 5 days into the event coverage, hope you enjoy them at least. Then it's on to Kotobukiya (where a bomb threat :eek: caused everybody to miss the beginning and then I had a technology disaster that lost the rest of my notes so I have to go on memory) and at some point I'll get to the conversation that Steve and I had with some of the good chaps at Hasbro, hopefully a recap of what I saw, review the Hasbro exclusives, and then FINALLY get back to normal life.

So, hopefully you haven't missed ol' JT too much, but stop by and say "hi" anyway, maybe you folks could catch me up to date on what I've missed in the past week.

Rocketboy
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Which reminds me... what the hell is wrong with some of you people? I updated live from that Hasbro panel right in the front row and barely anybody checked it out while it was happening! Because I didn't give two sh*ts about C4.

Beast
05-30-2007, 11:22 PM
I saw it and appreciated it. Just didn't comment on it. :D

Nice to have you back JT. And nice to have myself back as well. ;)

JediTricks
05-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Because I didn't give two sh*ts about C4.But you don't care about new Hasbro info either? C'mon, we got news and photos of the friggin' Grievous Starfighter and AT-Toilet Paper, that's pretty rad!

I saw it and appreciated it. Just didn't comment on it. :DWell, at least someone out there noticed. :p

Nice to have you back JT. And nice to have myself back as well. ;)Ditto! :D

General_Grievous
05-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Welcome back, JT. I think this is the first time I've ever seen you without the Farnsworth avatar.

figrin bran
05-30-2007, 11:44 PM
First off, check out my kickin' new 'tar (also attached below), I threw it together from a photo I took of the video clip during the Star Wars Family Guy panel at Celebration 4 (Meg is the dianoga!). Sure it's grainy, but believe me, if you saw the hell my little camera went through to get a few shots from the preview footage, you'd be amazed that it came out at all. Stewie as Vader is going to be 10 kinds of awesome.

Secondly, that first paragraph should clue you into where I've been the past week, I started last week working extra to make money for the convention and then spent more time at the LA Convention Center or on the bus to/from the LACC than I did in my house, the only times I've been online in that period were whenever I was writing copy from Steve's cell-connected laptop at the convention.

Which reminds me... what the hell is wrong with some of you people? I updated live from that Hasbro panel right in the front row and barely anybody checked it out while it was happening! Even before Steve's live-update photos were coming in I was constantly updating that darn story every minute and nobody seems to have noticed. Bah! This is why I didn't bother doing the same thing the next day with my Sideshow notes (even though it could have been the exact same setup had I felt it was worth it), and now am taking my time as I try to decompress from 5 days of craziness. I don't know how Steve puts up with you people!!! ;)

what are you talkin about JT? i checked out the Hasbro panel in the flesh, from the 4th or 5th row. i'm somewhere in that pic that was taken of the R2 KT model and the 501st members.

JediTricks
05-30-2007, 11:48 PM
what are you talkin about JT? i checked out the Hasbro panel in the flesh, from the 4th or 5th row. i'm somewhere in that pic that was taken of the R2 KT model and the 501st members.
Well, it doesn't count if you were there, unless of course you were there with web-access via a laptop or cellphone and constantly refreshing the page to see what I was saying on the site about the panel - but that'd be silly reading the site to see something you were experiencing live. :p

I can't believe you were just 3 or 4 rows behind me Figgy! I was the guy in the front row next to Steve, the one with a laptop balanced precariously on his right knee.

bigbarada
05-30-2007, 11:52 PM
I was busy reading your awesome reviews of the VTAC Bossk and IG-88, so I didn't even really notice you were gone.... :p

So, "hi" and "welcome back" and all that stuff, now get back to work!:whip:

BTW, love the new 'tar and looking forward to hearing more about your week.

figrin bran
05-31-2007, 12:09 AM
Well, it doesn't count if you were there, unless of course you were there with web-access via a laptop or cellphone and constantly refreshing the page to see what I was saying on the site about the panel - but that'd be silly reading the site to see something you were experiencing live. :p

I can't believe you were just 3 or 4 rows behind me Figgy! I was the guy in the front row next to Steve, the one with a laptop balanced precariously on his right knee.

i was in the far right aisle section of the room btw.

unfortunately, i didn't have the time to get my SSG badge laminated and so my paper printout had kind of fallen off the lanyard by that point in the day (too much pushing and shoving going on in the Hasbro and GG lines)

JediTricks
05-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Nice to see I'm missed BB. ;) Glad my reviews were good enough to distract at least. I can't wait to tell you guys about what I saw and did (this was my first SW Celebration)!

Ah, that explains how you got up to the front along with the 501st and R2-KT with relative ease, since the aisle was off to the right instead of down the middle. Don't sweat the badge, it would have been hidden under your admittance badge anyway, even Steve's was and he wore it the whole time, but you gotta display their badge. We'll work out a better system soon.

Kidhuman
05-31-2007, 06:32 AM
I looked at all the pics, just didnt comment as I was peeking from work.

Love the new tar, its only the 3rd one I have seen you with(Farns, :beard:ed Farns and this one)

Jargo
05-31-2007, 08:12 AM
I had a guest staying and couldn't get to my computer coz of being hostess with the mostess. looked at the purdy pics though.

if i'm honest i rarely arrive at SSG through the front door so rarely see reports. I come in through the back entrance which seems appropriate somehow...

El Chuxter
05-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Which reminds me... what the hell is wrong with some of you people? I updated live from that Hasbro panel right in the front row and barely anybody checked it out while it was happening! Even before Steve's live-update photos were coming in I was constantly updating that darn story every minute and nobody seems to have noticed.

I was furiously hitting "refresh," hoping to see something about a fat chicks with six boobs. ;)

Love the new tar, its only the 3rd one I have seen you with(Farns, :beard:ed Farns and this one)

You never saw the flaming JT?

Jargo
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
so any chance of a pic of you JT and Steve then? hmmm? just to prove you actually exist in corporeal form.

darthvyn
05-31-2007, 09:28 AM
so any chance of a pic of you JT and Steve then? hmmm? just to prove you actually exist in corporeal form.

and aren't really one-and-the-same? :D

just sayin'. i've never seen them together... :bandit:

Beast
05-31-2007, 09:55 AM
and aren't really one-and-the-same? :D

just sayin'. i've never seen them together... :bandit:
Maybe it's like that movie 'Basket Case'. Some doctor seperated Sir Steve and JT from each other. And now JT carries Steve around in a wicker basket wherever he goes. :D

mabudonicus
05-31-2007, 10:16 AM
maybe it's like that dude in Total Recall, Kato or whatever, and one pops outta the others chest??
And yeah, I have long hoped for a brief return of the Copyrighted "JediTrick" in flames as Chux mentions

Good to have you back JT, glad you had a pretty fun/busy few weeks there:beard: Iso & Baws

Droid
05-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks, JediTricks and everyone else here at the site for bringing some great coverage last week!

Beast
05-31-2007, 10:50 AM
maybe it's like that dude in Total Recall, Kato or whatever, and one pops outta the others chest??
Kuato. And I like that idea even better. :D

Kidhuman
05-31-2007, 03:16 PM

Nope, never saw it

Maybe it's like that movie 'Basket Case'. Some doctor separated Sir Steve and JT from each other. And now JT carries Steve around in a wicker basket wherever he goes. :D

I cant believe you mad e a Basket Case reference. That movie is so horrid its damn hilarious.

El Chuxter
05-31-2007, 07:18 PM
I've seen Steve, so it must be JT who's in the basket.

Unless JT's actually the back of SirSteve's head, sort of Quirrell/Voldemort style.

Kidhuman
05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
it could be like Total Recall with the guy in his chest.

JetsAndHeels
05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
I cant believe you mad e a Basket Case reference. That movie is so horrid its damn hilarious.

That movie is awesome. Don't act like you didn't enjoy the mutant sex scene. :love:

Kidhuman
05-31-2007, 10:47 PM
I couldnt stop laughing at that seen. A potato and a girl...good times, good times....

Rocketboy
05-31-2007, 11:45 PM
But you don't care about new Hasbro info either? C'mon, we got news and photos of the friggin' Grievous Starfighter and AT-Toilet Paper, that's pretty rad!There was Hasbro news?
I guess you need to collect the figures...

Phantom-like Menace
06-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Thanks, JediTricks and everyone else here at the site for bringing some great coverage last week!

Ditto. That's more work than anyone should have to do for us nut jobs.

mabudonicus
06-01-2007, 08:40 AM
THAT was wayy back in post #17... then we have exhibit B in post #22

it could be like Total Recall with the guy in his chest.

Do I have a legitimate grievance?? is this where I can post "PWNED" or no??
:beard: Iso & Baws
KH is always stealin my "material" :D

seanmcfripp
06-01-2007, 09:03 AM
First off, check out my kickin' new 'tar...

Are you going to update your 'tars on figures.com's and bwtf's boards? If so, please do it slowly and one at a time. This is a big adjustment for the rest of us. I'm gonna miss ol' Professor Farnsworth, I'm so used to seeing him for the last six or seven years.

Kidhuman
06-01-2007, 11:06 AM
THAT was wayy back in post #17... then we have exhibit B in post #22

Do I have a legitimate grievance?? is this where I can post "PWNED" or no??
:beard: Iso & Baws
KH is always stealin my "material" :D

Maybe I will write some kind of Encyclopedia next

Rogue II
06-01-2007, 04:04 PM

It's been a long time, but I remember that avatar. Didn't he used to have a link to his own little SW quote web site in his sig-line? Something about adding the word "pants" in various lines from the trilogy.

Tycho
06-02-2007, 02:41 AM
There's this local bar over here called "JT's," and I snapped some pictures of it on my cell phone camera (all I had with me at the time). But I'm having the darndest time sending them to my e-mail so I can post them here. It was funny when I saw that and so I thought of JediTricks and snapped the pictures.

With it, I wanted to post the lyrics to Cheers' "Where Everybody Knows Your Name" song and superimpose the Major Derlin figure entering the bar. :D

It's coming, but I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong with sending the image from my cell phone to my computer.

Anyway, something to look forward to in the future. Sorry to ruin the surprise JT, but just in case I can't get it to happen...

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 05:02 PM
so any chance of a pic of you JT and Steve then? hmmm? just to prove you actually exist in corporeal form.I prefer to take pictures, not be in them, but I can guarantee you I've seen my mug out there on some other sites' coverage of CIV, and that's all I'll say. Plasticfetish can attest to the fact that I exist though, he's had the "honor" of meeting me now. :p

Ditto. That's more work than anyone should have to do for us nut jobs.You're welcome, and thanks for the support! :cool:

Apparently my work was not done as it took me several more days to write up my recap article. :p

Are you going to update your 'tars on figures.com's and bwtf's boards? If so, please do it slowly and one at a time. This is a big adjustment for the rest of us. I'm gonna miss ol' Professor Farnsworth, I'm so used to seeing him for the last six or seven years.I hadn't thought that far ahead, I will decide that next week I suppose. I can't imagine not having Farnsworth gawking at me either, so maybe in time I'll go back.

So, here's what I ended up working on over the past 4 days, when you see it you may think me insane, and perhaps rightfully so:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=886

Beast
06-03-2007, 05:25 PM
17 pages JT? Good lord. *Suffers from information overload* :D

Kidhuman
06-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I hate reading the damn morning paper, I aint reading 17 pages of this. Sum it up in two paragraphs or less. Geeeeez-us its like a Tycho post

Phantom-like Menace
06-03-2007, 11:20 PM
I've noticed that with JT back my time in the forums has multiplied several times over. If I get no work done here at work, I'm blaming JT.;)

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 05:39 PM
17 pages JT? Good lord. *Suffers from information overload* :DSee, now I could have just left it 1 single page and make you scroll till the end of time. :p It's actually broken down by day and further by event.

I hate reading the damn morning paper, I aint reading 17 pages of this. Sum it up in two paragraphs or less. Geeeeez-us its like a Tycho postUnlike Tycho, I stay on topic and continue the narrative at all times.

Now, as for your 2 paragraphs, how about:
F

U

;) I'm not going to write some "it was a good time had by all, busy and lots to see. I want to go again" type of condensed junk that tells you nothing. I'm giving you context throughout the show, and I'm giving you insight into how SSG gets the impossible done. So take small bites and don't forget to thank me for all my hard work. :crazed:

I've noticed that with JT back my time in the forums has multiplied several times over. If I get no work done here at work, I'm blaming JT.;)As it should be. :D

Tycho
06-04-2007, 05:58 PM
First off, I don't wander off-topic in my posts!

Are you guys going to see the Fantastic Four movie or wait until it comes out on DVD to rent?

And JT exists. I've met him, too. Perhaps I'm the guy who doesn't exist?

But while I used to write 17-20 pages worth for Rogues' Gallery and not realize I was going on for so long, I have to admit that JT's article is daunting.

The short review example: "It was fun. There was a lot to see," sounds like the kind of report Steve writes :D He's always telling me that no one's going to read my entire long posts.

Do you like cantelope in your fruit salad?

2-1B
06-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Are you guys going to see the Fantastic Four movie or wait until it comes out on DVD to rent?

Nope to BOTH of those questions. :)

figrin bran
06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
i will read all 17 pages! i'm only on the first one right now though

JT, you didn't need to take a bus down there - all you had to do was take the redline from sunset/vermont, get off at 7th/figueroa and either walk down or connect to the blue line and get off at the pico station.

El Chuxter
06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Still haven't seen the first FF, still don't want to. I don't think putting a b*****dization of the Surfer in #2 will change my mind about either.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 10:44 PM
i will read all 17 pages! i'm only on the first one right now though

JT, you didn't need to take a bus down there - all you had to do was take the redline from sunset/vermont, get off at 7th/figueroa and either walk down or connect to the blue line and get off at the pico station.
D'oh! The Metro's trip planner never gave me that option, they said it was red line to blue line, didn't mention that the redline stop it was only 6 blocks away. Still, I've never taken the subway yet, I find it kinda pointless that we are throwing away tons of money on a worthless subway, plus building a subway in earthquake country that's also at constant risk of natural methane leaks... that's just a recipe for a bad movie. Also, I dunno what it is, but the numbered streets from 1st to 12th (Pico, where the LACC is, is 13th technically) are a REALLY long trek from block to block, the bus seemed to take forever from 7th to 12th.

Anyway, I'm not surprised the article is daunting for most of you, but if you feel like really getting an inside look at the convention or a little look at how Steve brings you guys this stuff, I think you'll find it a pretty decent read.

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 01:46 PM
So, it dawned on me to break the recap up into days, which took most of them down to just 3 pages each. The first link is the same as before, I just replaced the story that was already in it, but here's all 5 stories if you want to those links:
JediTricks' Celebration IV Recap - Day 1 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=886)
JediTricks' Celebration IV Recap - Day 2 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=896)
JediTricks' Celebration IV Recap - Day 3 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=897)
JediTricks' Celebration IV Recap - Day 4 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=898)
JediTricks' Celebration IV Recap - Day 5 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=899)

Kidhuman
06-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Much better JT.

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks. Yeah, my other choice was to trick the readers by making the pages twice as long so there would be half as many, but that seemed kinda lousy.