PDA

View Full Version : No Love for Leia in '07

DarkArtist
06-01-2007, 09:21 PM
I mean tru we got a VOTC Leia this year, but what else is coming our way with Leia ? I don't recall anything listed in the waves featuring her.

I mean we are getting what 5 - 6 Luke's this year, at least 3 Han's but only 1 Leia, not fair.

Hey Hasbro, how's about some love for the best princess in the galaxy, perhaps SA Slave Leia ?:thumbsup:

General_Grievous
06-01-2007, 09:26 PM
On the one hand, a SA Slave Leia wouldn't look good due to the visible joints and articulation.

On the other hand, you know how many ways you could pose a SA Slave Leia? :eek:

But back on topic, I think we've seen enough Leias, even though we still need Medical Frigate Leia. How about some more Padmes?

figrin bran
06-01-2007, 09:37 PM
heh, well some would say that even the VTSC Endor Leia doesn't count as "love for Leia" :p

darko666
06-01-2007, 09:53 PM
there is a Dark Empire comic pack coming out that will have Leia in it.

most likely a better version of this:
Expanded Universe Leia (http://www.delta-shop.cz/shops/7829/images-goods/304EU0403.jpg)

jedibear
06-01-2007, 09:58 PM
She wasn't exactly the clothes-horse her mother was so coming up with new figures for her is a little challenging to be sure.

However, as General_Grievous pointed out...more Amidala figures would be good...

bigbarada
06-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Hoth Leia and Ceremonial Leia really need updates, those are the only Leias who haven't seen a new sculpt in this century.

General_Grievous
06-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Hoth Leia and Ceremonial Leia really need updates, those are the only Leias who haven't seen a new sculpt in this century.

Oh yeah. Forgot about those. Those Leias will look like Sasquatch next to the newer Lukes.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Hoth Leia did see a kit-bashed release in the 2003 Battle of Hoth multi-pack, being a combo of 1999 POTF2 Hoth Leia and 2001 POTJ Bespin Leia. Both could use an update as well as the Ceremonial Leia.

Tycho
06-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Leia: - end of ESB "Medical Frigate Leia" as General Grievous mentioned.

Expanded Universe:

- sexy trappings Leia as Xizor's Prisoner (the outfit is blue): SOTE - would be nice

- Chief of State Leia Organa-Solo - from some point in the New Republic era

- SELCORE Leia - as a relief worker - think Angelina Jolie vs. Yuuzhan Vong

These last 3 would not be movie versions, but they'd get her out there even for kids who might buy to get SOME VERSION of Leia in the very least. The name is recognizeable, even if a later NJO figure has streaks of gray in her hair (though I'm sure a Princess would use coloring).

DarthBrandon
06-02-2007, 09:10 AM
On the one hand, a SA Slave Leia wouldn't look good due to the visible joints and articulation.

On the other hand, you know how many ways you could pose a SA Slave Leia? :eek:

But back on topic, I think we've seen enough Leias, even though we still need Medical Frigate Leia. How about some more Padmes?

That' about it right there, 1 more Leia (MF) & a quite a few more Padme's.

DarkArtist
06-02-2007, 04:56 PM
i forgot all about the comic pack but was thinking so far in the TAC line:

Luke: stormtrooper comic pack, votc bespin, yavin ceremony, jabba's palace, tatoonie with vaporater, mcquarrie Luke, heir to the empire comic pack, starkiller concept figure (original luke idea as a female.)

Han: stormtrooper comic pack, votc hoth, millennium falcon han, torture rack han, mcqaurrie han

Leia: votc endor, infinities leia

Kidhuman
06-02-2007, 06:39 PM
You also forgot the Fathers day 2 pack Luke

mark2d2
06-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I agree. Leia could use a little love. Many have made some nifty suggestions that I agree with. Here is how I would like to see them come out. In order of appearance.

1) LEIA ORGANA (BESPIN GOWN) (Vintage Assortment 2008) Soft Goods robe to end all soft good robes. I mean, the best ever. Go on, Hasbro, knock yourselves out.)
2) PRINCESS LEIA (MEDICAL FRIGATE) Personally, I wouldn't mind some soft goods....
3) PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA (HOTH OUTFIT) (Vintage Assortment 2009) No soft goods.
4) PRINCESS LEIA (CEREMONIAL GOWN) Soft goods. Shiny metal necklace.
5) PRINCESS LEIA (JABBA'S CAPTIVE) Soft goods. Decent articulation that doesn't detract from the sculpt. Real chain and collar.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 04:41 AM
there is a Dark Empire comic pack coming out that will have Leia in it.

most likely a better version of this:
Expanded Universe Leia (http://www.delta-shop.cz/shops/7829/images-goods/304EU0403.jpg)Actually, it's from Infinities and it's this: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=21629&cat=5336

Hoth Leia and Ceremonial Leia really need updates, those are the only Leias who haven't seen a new sculpt in this century.Good point. I still think we could use a better regular ANH Leia before Ceremony a 3rd time, but really I think no Leia should be released until their factories can get the f'ing makeup right: she's not a barbie doll, she doesn't have huge eyebrows, she's not feverish or eating lipstick, and she's not an albino!!!

Leia: - end of ESB "Medical Frigate Leia" as General Grievous mentioned.ANH Leia outfit with Bespin hair, sounds like an easy headswap really.

- sexy trappings Leia as Xizor's Prisoner (the outfit is blue): SOTE - would be niceYeah, SOTE outfit Leia made a big impact in the comic and the book description was very appealing. They need to do a lot of SOTE and this should be among it.

1) LEIA ORGANA (BESPIN GOWN) (Vintage Assortment 2008) Soft Goods robe to end all soft good robes. I mean, the best ever. Go on, Hasbro, knock yourselves out.)Mark, you're a good guy and you're sporting my R2-D2 drawing as your avatar, but I cannot agree with this one. Bespin Gown Leia has been done recently and she's incredibly boring, it's a goofy late-'70s earthtone dress and too intricate to replicate at 1:18 scale anyway. Plus, I cannot see anybody but ultimate die-hards buying a $10 Bespin Gown Leia Vintage, it'd be the pegwarmer of all time.

2) PRINCESS LEIA (MEDICAL FRIGATE) Personally, I wouldn't mind some soft goods....I'd like to see this, but it's not near the top of my list, they still haven't gotten ANH Leia right or put articulation on the quality POTJ Bespin Escape Leia.

3) PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA (HOTH OUTFIT) (Vintage Assortment 2009) No soft goods.I'd like to see the Hoth outfit revisited, just not in the Vintage line, there's nothing about this figure that needs us to spend an extra $3 on it, and the Vintage face paint is hit-n-miss on Leia.

4) PRINCESS LEIA (CEREMONIAL GOWN) Soft goods. Shiny metal necklace.What would be soft-goods here? I think this could be hard plastic and look much better like the Padme figures from Ep 1 and 2, she only needs to move her arms really, I can live without her bowing. As for the metal necklace, it's a good idea but the prop is so thin that it wouldn't scale down very well.

5) PRINCESS LEIA (JABBA'S CAPTIVE) Soft goods. Decent articulation that doesn't detract from the sculpt. Real chain and collar.I suppose so, it seems like only yesterday we got the POTJ Deluxe version, but that figure can't really sit against Jabba or lean down to confer with R2.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-04-2007, 09:10 AM
What would be soft-goods here? I think this could be hard plastic and look much better like the Padme figures from Ep 1 and 2, she only needs to move her arms really, I can live without her bowing. As for the metal necklace, it's a good idea but the prop is so thin that it wouldn't scale down very well.If they do hard plastic, I would hope it would be done better than the Flashback version of Celebration Leia or the TPM celebration Padme. I don't like the way those turned out. The soft goods version of Leia with Celebration Luke was better.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 08:02 PM
If they do hard plastic, I would hope it would be done better than the Flashback version of Celebration Leia or the TPM celebration Padme. I don't like the way those turned out. The soft goods version of Leia with Celebration Luke was better.
They've come a long way in 8 years, even the first Amidalas were weak but now they're pretty solid work.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I've not opened the Leia collection version, but based on the pictures, the soft goods look pretty good. If they can retain that while improving the sculpt, that would be a good figure.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 11:53 PM
The Leia Collection's dress is chiefly a doily, the pattern is way too big really but they pulled off the concept at the time ok - that was 10 years ago though.

darko666
06-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Actually, it's from Infinities and it's this: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=21629&cat=5336

thank you for the correction. i'm glad to see it's not another remake of a Leia figure.

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 08:35 PM
thank you for the correction. i'm glad to see it's not another remake of a Leia figure.
Sure thing. Me too, there are plenty of EU Leias, no reason to remake one we already have.