PDA

View Full Version : Would you like it if Avril Lavigne kicked your butt?

Tycho
06-02-2007, 03:44 AM
I'm sick. I think I'd like it if Avril Lavigne was trying to beat me up.

She's like only 5'1 I've read. A little girl! I bet she hits hard though. She'd make a great street fighter character in a video game, too.

Anyway, I just thought of this for whatever reason. Would anyone else like it if Avril Lavigne were trying to beat them up?

stillakid
06-02-2007, 03:49 AM
Well, I've thought about a lot of things I'd like her to do with me but beating me up hasn't been one of them.

LTBasker
06-02-2007, 04:59 AM
Well, I do like the idea of a girl that can kick my butt, however I would be ashamed to be beaten up by Lavigne. If you've heard her attempt to sing Metallica's "Fuel", you'll understand how that would be the biggest embarrassment to the Y-chromosome.

However, if it were Rachel Luttrel or Keira Knightley? Please oh please oh please oh please!

Tycho
06-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Lavigne tried to do "Fuel?" This I must find. iTunes? YouTube?

I'll go look if only for the laugh.

And yeah: fighting Kiera Knightley would be so hot! Did you see POTC3 yet? Her sexiest movie yet!

EDIT: Oh my gosh: The real Metallica is in the audience watching this tragedy! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD2fJN120wc) Avril's band isn't bad at playing the song. But she's just the wrong singer for this song! Geeze. I feel like I'm posting an obscenity!

sith_killer_99
06-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Avril Lavigne and Kiera Knightley against me in a nude hot oil wrestling contest!:D :lipsrsealed: :yes:

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Dear God, to say she butchered that song would be an understatement. That pi$$es me off.

Tycho
06-02-2007, 09:26 AM
I can't believe James, Lars, Kirk, and Robert were into that! (You see them rocking out in the video) They just sat there while she desecrated their work. Yeah she's hot and her band handled the music well, but maybe they should have "[Fought] Fire with Fire?"

Or they could stipulate that she can continue to perform the song as long as she does it naked in the future.

I think in a few more years, "The Memory Remains" would be a more appropriate Metallica song for Avril Lavigne to cover.

But right now, I'll admit I like "Girlfriend." That's a great hit for her. She is so much more talented as a rocker chick than all the teeny bee-bopper girls out there in this market. Rock on Avril! (just stay away from Metallica covers!)

By the way, imagine her performing "Girlfriend" while jumping on the trampoline like on The Man Show! Mmmmmm! :love:

Yeah: Kiera Knightley should join her!

JEDIpartner
06-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Personally, I think a better option would be to have P!nk kick your butt. LOL

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Check out this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpfjsoZw8LY&mode=related&search=) snl spoof of avril. Go to 2 minutes in the video you'll see it. Its from the week Lindsay Lohan hosted a couple of years ago.

DarthBrandon
06-02-2007, 10:00 AM
I'd rather give her a butt kicking instead, can't stand her.

Tycho
06-02-2007, 10:22 AM
JP, that SNL skit of Avril is awesome! I love bratty, tough girls.

I think that might explain a lot....hmmm.

UKWildcat
06-02-2007, 12:45 PM
I love Avril. I'm all for her kicking my butt; as long as we could have make-up sex afterwards. :lipsrsealed:

Mad Slanted Powers
06-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm listening to Metric as I read this thread. I think I'd rather have Emily Haines kick my butt.

Here are a few Metric videos I found on Youtube:

Monster Hospital (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox-6PNluV5o)
Combat Baby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf6VxRENc1o)
Dead Disco (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRopPJDZSig)
Empty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbv5Tzi00Ow)

Or I could have just found those at http://www.ilovemetric.com/media.html

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2007, 04:39 PM
JP, that SNL skit of Avril is awesome! I love bratty, tough girls.

I think that might explain a lot....hmmm.

Sorry tycho, that was me not JP. :)

LusiferSam
06-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Avril looks a lot like one of my best friends from high school. We used to mock fight a lot. I'd normally let my friend "win," but would/could end it by tripping her. If Avril wants to try and start with me, I'd let her. But she'd also only kick my butt if I let her, but she might be harder to trip.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-02-2007, 09:12 PM
I didn't think that her rendition of "Fuel" was that bad. I don't much care for that "Girlfriend" song though. I guess it is okay musically, I just get a bad vibe from it.

Dar' Argol
06-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I got to agree . . I think her take on Fuel was good . . not as great as Metallica did it, but it wasn't bad either . . I found it refreshing . . .

You want a short white girl to kick yer butt . . then check out Lady Sovereign (http://www.ladysovereign.com). A 19 year old, 5' 1" British white female rapper . . . she'll open a can on yer . . . hehe he . . .

Love this song! ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57pf9sogDi8)

Rocketboy
06-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Avril is a fugly, no talent 'tard - a full blown Lanette.

Tycho
06-03-2007, 01:30 AM
She's a rocker chick and that puts her way above Britney Spears, Christina Aguillera, Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, *****cat Dolls, etc.

One's at least being true to rock n' roll is worth some points in my book.

However, I don't think Metallica is Avril's forte.

By the way, I can't stand Allanis Morrisette! She seems like feminism with a hyperdrive! While I like tough girls, Allanis' approach just never sat right with me.

Haha - the autocensor edited the name of the music group above!

UKWildcat
06-03-2007, 01:37 AM
I agree Tycho.

And as far as RB's statement goes:

Avril was ranked #36 on Maxim's 2007 Top 100 List. She has sold over 25 million records, she's had 2 albums reach the #1 spot on Billboards Top 200, had three #1 songs and nine top ten hits. But I guess any "fugly" "no talent 'tard" could accomplish this. :rolleyes: lol But to each his own.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-03-2007, 02:11 AM
There should be a band called "Leo and the Tards"

Rocketboy
06-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Album sales have nothing to do with talent.
Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys claim to have sold over 25 million copies each of "Baby One More Time..." and "Millennium" and each have had plenty of hit singles. Does that make them talented?

Avril was ranked #15 in the maxim Top 100.
Lindsay Lohan was #1, Fergie was #10, and Ashlee Simpson was #16.
So...
yeah...

Tycho
06-03-2007, 02:48 AM
Why was Lindsey Lohan ranked No. 1?

Where's that link? I want to see how Kiera Knightly, Kristin Kruek, Natalie Portman, and other girls more deserving did.

UKWildcat
06-03-2007, 02:50 AM
I'd say album sales correlate with talent to some degree. While i'm not a fan of Spears or the Backstreet Boys, I'm not going to deny that they have talent, or had talent rather. I mean, take some of the best selling albums of all time, by The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Madonna, etc., I suppose they are not talented either and it's all coincidence?

I stand corrected. I must have been looking at a different year. But #2 is Alba and #3 was Scarlett, both of which should be ahead of Lohan, imo. Not going to argue there. But Lohan, Fergie and Simpson (as much as I hate to say it, but since she got her nose job she doesn't look all that bad) all deserve to be somewhere on the list, along with Avril. I know it's all opinion based; different strokes for different folks. While some people think the list, here is a link (http://www.maximonline.com/articles/index.aspx?a_id=+7564&src=RSSArticles) btw, is fine, there are obviously going to be others who disagree.

Tycho
06-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Nevermind, I got it. I highlighted my favorite hotties. Others I might not recognize or might not feel they are so hot:

1. Lindsay Lohan
2. Jessica Alba
3. Scarlett Johansson
4. Christina Aguilera
5. Jessica Biel
6. Ali Larter
7. Eva Mendez
8. Rihanna
9. Eva Longoria
10. Fergie
11. Sienna Miller
12. Angelina Jolie
13. Beyonce Knowles
14. Katherine Heigl
15. Avril Lavigne
16. Ashlee Simpson
17. Maria Sharapova
18. Megan Fox
19. Cameron Diaz
20. Keira Knightley
21. Kate Beckinsale
22. Nicole Scherzinger
23. Hilary Duff
24. Sophia Bush
25. Elisha Cuthbert
26. Nelly Furtado
27. Kate Hudson
28. Carmen Electra
29. Sarah Silverman
30. Rebecca Romijn
31. Amy Smart
32. Lacey Chabert
33. Roselyn Sanchez
34. Vanessa Minnillo
35. Jennifer Garner
36. Jamie King
37. Ashley Olsen
38. Shakira
39. Rachel Bilson
40. Moon Bloodgood
41. Jessica Simpson
42. Minka Kelly
43. Kate Mara
44. Rose McGowan
45. Bar Refaeli
46. Kristen Bell
47. Katharine McPhee
48. Mandy Moore
49. Mischa Barton
50. Miss Maxim
51. Alessandra Ambrosio
52. Kate Walsh
53. Adriana Lima
54. Missy Peregrym
55. Halle Berry
56. Michele Merkin
57. Tricia Helfer
58. Penelope Cruz
59. Jamie-Lynn Sigler
60. Jessica White
61. Nadine Velazquez
62. Danneel Harris
63. Bianca Kajlich
64. Lena Headey
65. Autumn Reeser
66. Joanna Krupa
67. Gabrielle Union
68. Evangeline Lilly
69. Danica Patrick
70. Stacy Keibler
71. Willa Ford
72. Ciara
73. Mena Suvari
74. Tara Conner
75. April Scott
76. Diora Baird
77. Hilary Burton
78. Joss Stone
79. Adrianne Palecki
80. Abbie Cornish
81. Emmanuelle Chriqui
82. Dita Von Teese
83. Ivanka Trump
84. Hometown Hottie
85. Kelly Ripa
86. Michelle Trachtenberg
87. Padma Lakshmi
88. Raquel Alessi
89. Haylie Duff
90. Salma Hayek
91. Isla Fisher
92. Mary Elizabeth Winstead
93. Christina Milian
94. Kelly Carlson
95. The Avatars of Second Life
96. Shanna Moakler
97. Kim Kardashian
98. Yunjin Kim
99. Mia Maestro
100. Noureen DeWolf

OK, Kristin Kruek and Natalie Portman ought to have been on this list!

sith_killer_99
06-03-2007, 03:24 AM
OK, Kristin Kruek and Natalie Portman ought to have been on this list!

Sorry, T, but I don't think Kristen Kruek is all that hot! She has kind of a freaky looking head. Personally, I think Allison Mack is hotter.:love:

CaptainSolo1138
06-03-2007, 08:37 AM
I've posted and debated that Top 100 elsewhere and even though it makes me scratch my head and wonder what is wrong with the world, it helps to remember that someone's publicist (re: Lindsay Blohan) probably had more to do with them getting on that list than any actual "beauty" or talent.

I'd say album sales correlate with talent to some degree. While i'm not a fan of Spears or the Backstreet Boys, I'm not going to deny that they have talent, or had talent rather. I mean, take some of the best selling albums of all time, by The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Madonna, etc., I suppose they are not talented either and it's all coincidence?Oh no he din't! C'mon, UK. You're not really comparing Britney to the Beatles, are you?! Let's dig this thread up in thirty or forty years and see if this argument holds water. My prediction: Absolutely not.

If your equation is true (sales=talent), explain William Hung. He was popular for something outside of his music (retardation) and that equated to sales for him. The guy had no talent and knew it. The same can be said for a number of artists for a number of reasons. Raffi has sold millions of albums and his songs are all sung in a pedophilic voice over an accoustic guitar for God's sake.

Tycho
06-03-2007, 08:41 AM
If your equation is true (sales=talent), expalin William Hung. He was popular for something outside of his music (retardation) and that equated to sales for him. The guy had no talent and knew it. The same can be said for a number of artists for a number of reasons. Raffi has sold millions of albums and his songs are all sung in a pedophilic voice over an accoustic guitar for God's sake.

Timmaee! Timmaee! Timmaee!

More cartoon characters prefer Timmae over Phil Collins!

Sith-Killer, I need to get you into Clockwork Orange therapy to see if it will help you see the light of Kristin Kruek's beauty (which I grant has been fading lately as she gets into her mid-20's). Allison Mack has gotten chunkier and often looks more tired on the show - have you noticed? She is pretty though. She looked really good in Seasons 4 and part of 5 I think.

boshar kussc
06-03-2007, 08:58 AM
I've posted and debated that Top 100 elsewhere and even though it makes me scratch my head and wonder what is wrong with the world, it helps to remember that someone's publicist (re: Lindsay Blohan) probably had more to do with them getting on that list than any actual "beauty" or talent.

I think Lindsay Lohan is VERY talented! Did you see that new Herbie movie? Avril Lavigne, too! If they had both been in that movie together it could've been the best movie ever!

sith_killer_99
06-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Allison Mack has gotten chunkier and often looks more tired on the show - have you noticed?

No, I haven't. I really haven't watched any new episodes. I saw all of season 4 then started missing episodes during season 5 and haven't picked up since then. Plus my television watching has slowed significantly since the deployment.

I need to get you into Clockwork Orange therapy to see if it will help you see the light of Kristin Kruek's beauty

I think I'd prefer a bit of the Ultra-Violence.:twisted:

BTW, I just got the Maxim 2007 Hotties magazine. I will check it out and give my input....this may take a while, I've been out here for 3 months now!;)

UKWildcat
06-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh no he din't! C'mon, UK. You're not really comparing Britney to the Beatles, are you?! Let's dig this thread up in thirty or forty years and see if this argument holds water. My prediction: Absolutely not.

Lord no, no comparison. They couldnt' be any more different. But both have sold millions of records and I think both are talented. Like I said, even though I don't like Spears and she has become complete garbage, I'm not going to deny that she was talented some time ago. If she wasn't a talented singer and performer then how could she sell 25+ million records? Someone has to like her songs and think she is a good singer; 25 million people aren't buying her album to look at the artwork, or are they? My guess is that they think she is a talented singer, or performer; or there is some sort of conspiracy.

If your equation is true (sales=talent), explain William Hung. He was popular for something outside of his music (retardation) and that equated to sales for him. The guy had no talent and knew it. The same can be said for a number of artists for a number of reasons. Raffi has sold millions of albums and his songs are all sung in a pedophilic voice over an accoustic guitar for God's sake.

But William Hung didn't sell millions of records. He used his 15 minutes of fame on America's most popular reality show to make and sell 200,000 records, bless his heart. And he has doesn't have a career in singing, he's not putting out multiple albums and selling out stadiums (to my knowledge). I've never heard of this Raffi guy, don't think I want to either. lol

Rocketboy
06-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Like I said, even though I don't like Spears and she has become complete garbage, I'm not going to deny that she was talented some time ago. If she wasn't a talented singer and performer then how could she sell 25+ million records? Someone has to like her songs and think she is a good singer; 25 million people aren't buying her album to look at the artwork, or are they? My guess is that they think she is a talented singer, or performer; or there is some sort of conspiracy. A tiny shred of talent + A very talented producer + Marketing + Teens/"tweens" + The occasional pervert = 25 million.

As for Fergie deserving to be on the list...
Oooh, baby!

UKWildcat
06-03-2007, 11:24 AM
That picture cracks me up everytime I see it. lol :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
06-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Album sales are now based on order numbers from retailers, not actual copies sold.

And as for "Fuel," to quote Avril, "Fudge it, man." :rolleyes:

LusiferSam
06-04-2007, 01:33 AM
Album sales are now based on order numbers from retailers, not actual copies sold.

I thought it use to be based on number ordered by retailers, but now it's copies sold. I also thought it changed in 1991. I can't believe they would change back.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Nevermind, I got it. I highlighted my favorite hotties. Others I might not recognize or might not feel they are so hot:

1. Lindsay Lohan
2. Jessica Alba
3. Scarlett Johansson
4. Christina Aguilera
5. Jessica Biel
6. Ali Larter
7. Eva Mendez
8. Rihanna
9. Eva Longoria
10. Fergie
11. Sienna Miller
12. Angelina Jolie
13. Beyonce Knowles
14. Katherine Heigl
15. Avril Lavigne
16. Ashlee Simpson
17. Maria Sharapova
18. Megan Fox
19. Cameron Diaz
20. Keira Knightley
21. Kate Beckinsale
22. Nicole Scherzinger
23. Hilary Duff
24. Sophia Bush
25. Elisha Cuthbert
26. Nelly Furtado
27. Kate Hudson
28. Carmen Electra
29. Sarah Silverman
30. Rebecca Romijn
31. Amy Smart
32. Lacey Chabert
33. Roselyn Sanchez
34. Vanessa Minnillo
35. Jennifer Garner
36. Jamie King
37. Ashley Olsen
38. Shakira
39. Rachel Bilson
40. Moon Bloodgood
41. Jessica Simpson
42. Minka Kelly
43. Kate Mara
44. Rose McGowan
45. Bar Refaeli
46. Kristen Bell
47. Katharine McPhee
48. Mandy Moore
49. Mischa Barton
50. Miss Maxim
51. Alessandra Ambrosio
52. Kate Walsh
53. Adriana Lima
54. Missy Peregrym
55. Halle Berry
56. Michele Merkin
57. Tricia Helfer
58. Penelope Cruz
59. Jamie-Lynn Sigler
60. Jessica White
61. Nadine Velazquez
62. Danneel Harris
63. Bianca Kajlich
64. Lena Headey
65. Autumn Reeser
66. Joanna Krupa
67. Gabrielle Union
68. Evangeline Lilly
69. Danica Patrick
70. Stacy Keibler
71. Willa Ford
72. Ciara
73. Mena Suvari
74. Tara Conner
75. April Scott
76. Diora Baird
77. Hilary Burton
78. Joss Stone
79. Adrianne Palecki
80. Abbie Cornish
81. Emmanuelle Chriqui
82. Dita Von Teese
83. Ivanka Trump
84. Hometown Hottie
85. Kelly Ripa
86. Michelle Trachtenberg
87. Padma Lakshmi
88. Raquel Alessi
89. Haylie Duff
90. Salma Hayek
91. Isla Fisher
92. Mary Elizabeth Winstead
93. Christina Milian
94. Kelly Carlson
95. The Avatars of Second Life
96. Shanna Moakler
97. Kim Kardashian
98. Yunjin Kim
99. Mia Maestro
100. Noureen DeWolf

OK, Kristin Kruek and Natalie Portman ought to have been on this list!How the times change, with names that are lost to apathy and the ravages of middle age.:eek: I can't believe #97 is listed; those Star Trek aliens were fugly!

JEDIpartner
02-25-2011, 02:11 PM
P!NK vs Astral Latrine.

:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
02-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Isn't Avril Lavigne facedown in a gutter, drunk? I haven't heard anything from her in ages. Not that I care to.

And seeing the debate about whether Lindsay Lohan is the hottest woman in America today makes me laugh. I guess she's not too bad... in a sort of crack [lady of ill repute] way.

JimJamBonds
02-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Well, I've thought about a lot of things I'd like her to do with me but beating me up hasn't been one of them.And what are those things Stilla?