PDA

View Full Version : we need ALL NEW SCULPT Snowspeeder pilots

Gothiczartan
06-02-2007, 06:22 AM
Dear Hasbro

I enjoy these star wars figures with all the ball jointed parts on the figures luke the luke x wing from VTSC line, upcoming a wing pilot, rebel honor guard, death star trooper, luke ceremorail, most of the vintage style SW figures and many other that has all the ball jointed parts on their body (figure)

what I want to see made is a ALL NEW SCULPT Snowspeeder pilot from SW ESB

with all the

ball jointed neck
ball jointed shoulders
ball jointed elbows
ball jointed torso
ball jointed knees
ball jointed ankles
swivel forearms
swivel hips

removable helmet (chin strap included and a working visor)
blaster gun

the new sculpt can be use to create wedge antilless, hobbie, wes janson, zev

don't forget the all new sculpt snowspeeder pilot luke, he's still my fav since I was a child when I saw the film the empire strikes back.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Yeah, I've been wanting to see a new Snowspeeder pilot body for a while as well. Heck, Luke in that uniform downs an AT-AT all by his lonesome and we don't have a figure to represent that, it's not right!

Gothiczartan
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I've been wanting to see a new Snowspeeder pilot body for a while as well. Heck, Luke in that uniform downs an AT-AT all by his lonesome and we don't have a figure to represent that, it's not right!

I imagine most of the pilots are little taller then luke.

luke will have his own new sculpt for snowspeeder pilot figure and the snowspeeder pilots will have their own new sculpt same height at biggs academy and a same helmet mold from luke x wing VTSC line.

all new sculpt luke snowspeeder pilot

all new sculpt snowspeeder pilots and share it to create wedge antilles, janson, hobbie, zev and all others from the ESB.

I'll will show a concept for how hasbro will make a all new sculpt snowspeeder pilot figures. I have post them on the board, you can find it. that is a proof that snowspeeder pilot will have an all new sculpt figure just like in the concept I draw! and use it for wedge, hobbie, wes, dack, zev and all others!

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 03:28 PM
You're right, they are, but at the figures' roughly 1:18 scale, the scaled difference between Luke's 5' 7" and a 5' 10" pilot is only 0.16" - that's just 0.4cm, it's not hard to fake that. If they really can't pull it off, maybe put a spacer in the torso mold or something.

The thing is, Hasbro's not very likely to make a bunch of new tooling for several versions of this outfit, they are very concerned with the costs of developing the figure's tools, so if you have a tooling that can be used across several different figures including a guaranteed-selling Luke, that encourages it to happen while asking for a Luke one and a second one discourages it. In a perfect world, I'd prefer every pilot get his own mold, but for now I'll take this how I can get it.

Gothiczartan
06-05-2007, 08:45 PM
You're right, they are, but at the figures' roughly 1:18 scale, the scaled difference between Luke's 5' 7" and a 5' 10" pilot is only 0.16" - that's just 0.4cm, it's not hard to fake that. If they really can't pull it off, maybe put a spacer in the torso mold or something.

The thing is, Hasbro's not very likely to make a bunch of new tooling for several versions of this outfit, they are very concerned with the costs of developing the figure's tools, so if you have a tooling that can be used across several different figures including a guaranteed-selling Luke, that encourages it to happen while asking for a Luke one and a second one discourages it. In a perfect world, I'd prefer every pilot get his own mold, but for now I'll take this how I can get it.

what ever you say, Hasbro makes good money, they can aford to make new mold for a ball jointed figure x wing pilot. I rather like a x wing pilot, wedge and biggs to have all the ball jointed on neck/shoulders/elbows/knees/ankles, swivel waist/hips don't have to have a ball jointed torso, a swivel waist will due ok as long as I want a x wing pilot to have the ball jointed on the neck/shoulders/elbows/knees/ankles and swivel waist/hips, a removable helmet (same mold from luke x wing VTSC line)

bigbarada
06-05-2007, 08:54 PM
From what I understand, the Star Wars design team at Hasbro gets a certain budget for each wave of figures. Each figure that cost more to produce, will have to be paired up with a cheaper figure. That's why we got Ephant Mon shipping with Ep2 Watto, and C-3PO Ewok Diety shipping with that tiny Chief Chirpa (I still love that figure).

So you can't really just tell Hasbro that they can afford it and be expected to be taken seriously in your requests. Spend a little time to understand how Hasbro does business, then you will be able to adjust your requests accordingly.

Again, Hasbro is not doing a public service by making Star Wars figures, they are in this to make money. Unless they are convinced that a figure will make a profit, then there is little chance they will make it.

Gothiczartan
06-05-2007, 09:26 PM
From what I understand, the Star Wars design team at Hasbro gets a certain budget for each wave of figures. Each figure that cost more to produce, will have to be paired up with a cheaper figure. That's why we got Ephant Mon shipping with Ep2 Watto, and C-3PO Ewok Diety shipping with that tiny Chief Chirpa (I still love that figure).

So you can't really just tell Hasbro that they can afford it and be expected to be taken seriously in your requests. Spend a little time to understand how Hasbro does business, then you will be able to adjust your requests accordingly.

Again, Hasbro is not doing a public service by making Star Wars figures, they are in this to make money. Unless they are convinced that a figure will make a profit, then there is little chance they will make it.

hasbro does eveything to make money and make figures for kids and collectors, I'm sure they can aford it someday in the future. I'm sure most star wars toys sell very well. if they did figures with ball jointed body parts like the honor guard and luke ceremorial, why not x wing pilot, wedge and biggs x wing pilot? that will be fair if they make x wing pilots with ball jointed body parts on arms and ankles and even neck.

first start they can make a all new sculpt x wing pilot with a removable helmet (chin strap) and if it sell very well which it will sell if they make one and maybe they can use it to create wedge and biggs. luke x wing pilot (VTSC line) has all the ball jointed body parts and he is too short, why can't x wing pilots have all the ball jointed body parts like luke? that's just not fair!

I already told a friend of mine and I'm sure it will work out. every good figures sell very well and they make enough money.

we'll have to see about that!

Gothiczartan
06-05-2007, 09:30 PM
a removable piece with hose would be cool for a snowspeeder pilot just like luke x wing pilot from VTSC has one!

I don't what that thing call that attach to the front torso the one with a hose.

it would be a great idea for a x wing pilot and snowspeeder pilot have the silmilar mold like luke x wing from VTSC!

nevermind about a helmet with a working visor! just like will have a removable helmet with a working visor just like in the movie.

all the pilots will have the same helmet mold from luke x wing pilot from VTSC line!

Gothiczartan
06-05-2007, 10:03 PM
they don't need a ball jointed torso, a swivel waist will be fine.

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 09:00 PM

Again, Hasbro is not doing a public service by making Star Wars figures, they are in this to make money. Unless they are convinced that a figure will make a profit, then there is little chance they will make it.Very well put, I wish more fellow SW collectors understood these things, then we could make a lot more really strong, pointed arguments to convince Hasbro to do this stuff.

hasbro does eveything to make money and make figures for kids and collectors, I'm sure they can aford it someday in the future. I'm sure most star wars toys sell very well. if they did figures with ball jointed body parts like the honor guard and luke ceremorial, why not x wing pilot, wedge and biggs x wing pilot? that will be fair if they make x wing pilots with ball jointed body parts on arms and ankles and even neck.Whether or not you're sure, Hasbro's got the sales data and management to keep this line going, not us. We just want things, they have to make it fit within the line without it costing so much that the line and even the company suffer.

They can add that articulation on them because those figures were planned for that wave and budget allowed it. It is very costly to do a new body, tooling development costs are their primary concern because they are so high, so the only reason we get a Biggs pilot right now is that their budget allowed for that new head sculpt on a recycled body - it's not perfect, but it's a compromise they're willing to make.

every good figures sell very well and they make enough money.If only that were true, we'd be fine, but it's not - Hasbro's profits aren't that fat on SW, even when sales are up they have to fork over a chunk to Lucasfilm, and not every product does sell well - wave 1 still has tons of R2s and Obi-Wans and Mace Windus around here.

they don't need a ball jointed torso, a swivel waist will be fine.Actually, they lean forward in the cockpit so I think they should have it.

Gothiczartan
06-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Very well put, I wish more fellow SW collectors understood these things, then we could make a lot more really strong, pointed arguments to convince Hasbro to do this stuff.

Whether or not you're sure, Hasbro's got the sales data and management to keep this line going, not us. We just want things, they have to make it fit within the line without it costing so much that the line and even the company suffer.

They can add that articulation on them because those figures were planned for that wave and budget allowed it. It is very costly to do a new body, tooling development costs are their primary concern because they are so high, so the only reason we get a Biggs pilot right now is that their budget allowed for that new head sculpt on a recycled body - it's not perfect, but it's a compromise they're willing to make.

If only that were true, we'd be fine, but it's not - Hasbro's profits aren't that fat on SW, even when sales are up they have to fork over a chunk to Lucasfilm, and not every product does sell well - wave 1 still has tons of R2s and Obi-Wans and Mace Windus around here.

Actually, they lean forward in the cockpit so I think they should have it.

I prefer a x wing pilot with ball jointed body parts just like honor rebel guard! a retooling on the POTJ luke x wing sculpt would do the trick by adding ball jointed arms ball jointed knees/ankles, they can use the same luke POTJ mold (mostly the torso and waist)

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/potj/POTJlukexwingnhfr.jpg

look at the details of the figure, they might do the retooling of this mold.

the torso with the hose, they can retooled it to connect it to the left lower side of the torso instead and retooling for a ball jointed neck. the waist can be still same or a retooling for a removable straps (just like dutch vander has and also luke VTSC), they can make new arms with ball joined shoulders and elbows, the new legs for ball jointed knees and ankles and use the same leg straps from Luke X Wing VTSC and the helmet also!

I hope that works for hasbro. I can tell this to a friend on myspace about this.

I think the POTJ luke x wing mold will due with the retooling for ball joined arms and legs and the neck also.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 12:39 AM
I suspect you're really talking about salvaging only the waist and legs at best, that much retooling on the torso, head, and arms would be just as expensive as starting over on those parts from scratch, and the legs and waist pieces really aren't enough to bother carrying forward IMO. They should either revisit the VTSC Luke Pilot body since it's got every point of articulation we want and done in better colored materials would probably look pretty decent. Plus, the legs are done in several pieces which means if they do decide to lengthen the figure that last half-centimeter, they can do it at the boots, knees, or hips which are smaller molds and cheaper to retool.

Gothiczartan
06-07-2007, 01:02 AM
after they made a all new sculpt luke snowspeeder pilot and then they can use the parts from luke to create a snowspeeder pilot with some new parts to make figure little taller then luke.

Gothiczartan
06-07-2007, 11:31 AM
I think I got an idea

hasbro can use some body parts from luke x wing VTSC

the upper torso will do with a lot of re tooling and new arms, lower torso, waist, feet

maybe the upper legs

most of all I want a all new sculpt luke skywalker snowspeeder pilot figure after that they can share it to create other snowspeeder pilots with some re tooling for get the figure to be a little taller than luke with a re tooling torso to make it little taller and maye new thighs.

Gothiczartan
06-07-2007, 09:15 PM

Gothiczartan
06-07-2007, 09:17 PM

here is the concept for anyone have not seen it yet just in case!

Gothiczartan
06-14-2007, 12:48 AM
as soon as hasbro done making a all new sculpt luke snowspeeder pilot figure and can reuse the figure to create all other snowspeeder pilots wedge, hobbie, dack, wes and zev and a generic snowspeeder pilot. all they can do is retool the torso to make it a little taller then luke's torso and add new thighs a little taller then luke's thighs. to make other pilots taller than luke, because luke is the short person in the star wars film.

bigbarada
06-14-2007, 04:20 PM

That's actually pretty good. If they could retool, the X-Wing Luke to look like that, I'd buy it.:thumbsup:

bigbarada
06-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Very well put, I wish more fellow SW collectors understood these things, then we could make a lot more really strong, pointed arguments to convince Hasbro to do this stuff.

Being a part of the store for Matt Hughes' website has helped me to understand what a mixed blessing fans can be. We get so many ideas for new Matt Hughes merchandise and T-shirts designs and requests for specialized clothing, that we have to turn down more than we approve.

We sometimes have to turn down ideas that we really like because we determine that there just isn't a wide enough interest to justify the manufacturing costs.

Or something else might go wrong down the line. Right now we're struggling with "Team Hughes" window decals. There is a good demand and we have a great deal lined up with a very enthusiastic manufacturer. However, I had to personally put a halt to the process because I fear that the proposed design creates too much of a obstruction to the driver's vision. So we're waiting on a new design.

So even when you have a company willing to create a product, there is still the wildly unpredictable process of actually creating it.

We've experienced this on on a small level and taken heat from Matt's fans who accuse us of ignoring them or trying to exploit them for money. So, I'm sure that Hasbro deals with the same thing only about ten-thousand times more severe.

El Chuxter
06-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Any chance of a new Matt Hughes: Snowspeeder Pilot figure? j/k lol

bigbarada
06-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Any chance of a new Matt Hughes: Snowspeeder Pilot figure? j/k lol

Matt's son would love that, he's a huge Star Wars fan.:yes:

Gothiczartan
06-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Matt's son would love that, he's a huge Star Wars fan.:yes:

so his son will def love a all new sculpt snowspeeder pilot luke and a figure of same character can be reuse to create dack, wedge, zev, hobbie, wes janson and a generic snowspeeder pilot with a retooled torso and new upper legs!

I will talk to hasbro reps about this! that is good for any collector and kids of all ages!

Gothiczartan
06-14-2007, 08:32 PM
That's actually pretty good. If they could retool, the X-Wing Luke to look like that, I'd buy it.:thumbsup:

just the upper torso, the rest all new sculpt, the same thighs with new feet.

main luke needs a all new sculpt for arms, retooled torso for a collar, new sculpt lower legs, new sculpt head (a VTSC luke bespin ok?), all new sculpt helmet with a working visor, they can add a inner part of the helmet to but the outter part of helmet to have the visor in it!

Gothiczartan
06-14-2007, 10:31 PM
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8378/dakralterze3.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4512/hobbieklivianfr2.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1917/wesjansonpl0.jpg