PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine and the X-Men: Animated Series!!

Beast
06-04-2007, 01:21 AM
It's a good thing I came back. Honestly, I can't believe that noone is talking about the upcoming animated series for later this year. Yeah, we all hate that they're focusing on Wolverine again, but it honestly can't be as bad as the movies. At least they're being honest with the title of the series. The promo image for the series has got me pumped already, considering it confirms my favorite character and namesake is on the X-Men team. :)

http://www.omelete.com.br/imagens/diversos/wolverineandthexmen.jpg

Shown in the art behind Wolverine from Left to Right:

Colossus, Professor X, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Beast :love:, and Rogue. :D

Beast
06-04-2007, 01:48 AM
The current cast list looks like this. Note that it's subject to change. And that a lot of these confirmed characters might not have starring or major rolls.

Wolverine - Steven Blum
Cyclops - Nolan North
Storm - Dawnn Lewis
Nightcrawler, Angel - Liam O'Brien
Colossus - Unknown
Emma Frost, Zane - Kari Wahlgren
Shadowcat - Danielle Judovits
Rogue - Kieren van den Blink
Beast, Sen. Kelly - Richard Doyle
Gambit - Scott MacDonald
Psylocke - Catherine Disher
Iceman - Yuri Lowenthal
Jean Grey - Leigh-Allyn Baker
Forge - Roger Craig Smith
Mystique - Tamara Bernier
Sammy "Squidboy" Paré - Dominic Janes

El Chuxter
06-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Man.... Not that it doesn't look good, but I'd like an ending to Evolution before they move on. :(

boshar kussc
06-04-2007, 01:09 PM
I hope it's a lot like x-men 3 - that movie was SOOOOOOOOO cool. Btw, nice avatar, Beast! He was really cool in the movie, but no one's as cool as Wolverine.

JetsAndHeels
06-04-2007, 02:43 PM
DC > Marvel

Calm down Beast, I'm just messin.'
:)

Beast
06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
I hope it's a lot like x-men 3 - that movie was SOOOOOOOOO cool. Btw, nice avatar, Beast! He was really cool in the movie, but no one's as cool as Wolverine.
It was good. But it had a few problems. They tried to cram too many stories into a shorter film. If they would have added another 15-20 minutes for character development and such, especially for Beast and Angel... it would have been a much better film. :)

General_Grievous
06-04-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't know. Looking at the picture, I get kind of a "been there, done that" feeling. It looks too similar to "X-Men Evolution".

What would have been cool is if they made the series take place in the movie universe.

El Chuxter
06-04-2007, 04:11 PM
No, 'cause X3 ruined that universe forevermore.

Beast
06-04-2007, 04:42 PM
No, 'cause X3 ruined that universe forevermore.
Are you just saying that because of Scott's death? Cause there's ways around that. ;)

El Chuxter
06-04-2007, 05:29 PM
No, the crappy story.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 11:21 PM
X3 was pretty poor, Ratner would have a lot to answer for if we didn't already know he was a hack going into the project, so really we just look at Fox and say "WHAT THE F***?!?"

A new X-men cartoon seems too soon, the timing almost seems like they want to glom onto Heroes' success. The show could work, or it could be crap like The Batman, it all depends on the helmer.

El Chuxter
06-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey, I was one of the biggest haters of The Batman, but the few recent episodes I've seen have actually been pretty good. Not Bruce Timm by any means, but enjoyable.

Still haven't figured out why Penguin has two geisha henchwomen with jumpsuits and Wolverine claws, though.

Beast
06-04-2007, 11:54 PM
A new X-men cartoon seems too soon, the timing almost seems like they want to glom onto Heroes' success. The show could work, or it could be crap like The Batman, it all depends on the helmer.
Hey, as long as we get some cool X-Men toys from Hasbro with this... I have no complaints. And no holding out on Beast until the line is cancelled people. I still want that damn X-Men Evolution Beast Prototype! Speaking of which, I found out that X-Men Evo's Craig Kyle actually has it in his office. Man, I need to find out where that is. :D

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey, I was one of the biggest haters of The Batman, but the few recent episodes I've seen have actually been pretty good. Not Bruce Timm by any means, but enjoyable.

Still haven't figured out why Penguin has two geisha henchwomen with jumpsuits and Wolverine claws, though.Because the show is action-based and Penguin is recognizable but completely lame as an action character.

A few ok episodes among dozens of crap is still not a good sign. And Rino Romano is still totally the wrong voice for Bruce/Bats.

Hey, as long as we get some cool X-Men toys from Hasbro with this... I have no complaints. And no holding out on Beast until the line is cancelled people. I still want that damn X-Men Evolution Beast Prototype! Speaking of which, I found out that X-Men Evo's Craig Kyle actually has it in his office. Man, I need to find out where that is. :DX-men Evolution didn't have cool toys though, they had sucky toys, and those weren't done by Hasbro who sucks worse at this sort of thing. Plus, cartoons have been slipping with toy lines lately, they still haven't produced one for the new Legion of Super Heroes show.

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
they still haven't produced one for the new Legion of Super Heroes show.

Those are the ones I want!! I need a Superman, Brainiac 5, and probably a Saturn Girl.

It would be cool if they did a Fatal 5 box set too.

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Those are the ones I want!! I need a Superman, Brainiac 5, and probably a Saturn Girl.

It would be cool if they did a Fatal 5 box set too.
I suspect they're going to abandon the show and never do toys, they've only produced 13 eps still. :ermm: Strange because this seemed like a solid replacement for the Teen Titans line.

JetsAndHeels
06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Total suckage.....still there is a dvd coming out soon (only 4 episodes but that is better than nothing) and I thought I heard FB say burger king was doing a promotion later...at least we have a few things, but darn I still want figures. :(

Beast
06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
That's Mattel though. And they suck for doing toys anyway. :p

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Total suckage.....still there is a dvd coming out soon (only 4 episodes but that is better than nothing) and I thought I heard FB say burger king was doing a promotion later...at least we have a few things, but darn I still want figures. :(Well, hopefully it turns around and we get a good thing going with LoSH but I'm no longer expecting it. :ermm:

That's Mattel though. And they suck for doing toys anyway. :pOh yeah, and Hasbro's a real whiz. ;)

Beast
09-25-2007, 05:26 PM
We finally have a new update, including a new image. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Wolverine_XMen.jpg

Liberation Entertainment Ink Deal To Distribute 'Wolverine' For DVD And VOD

Liberation Entertainment continue to bolster its increasingly attractive portfolio of titles with the announcement today of a deal with First Serve Toonz for the acquisition of the DVD and VOD rights to a 26 part animated series based on the iconic Marvel characters Wolverine and the X-Men.

Liberation’s multi-tiered deal for one of Marvel’s most popular characters includes confirmation that the BBC has acquired the television rights for the UK.

Jay Boberg, CEO of Liberation Entertainment, said “we are very glad to be involved in this first class original series, and to be working in partnership with Marvel and First Serve Toonz.”

Spencer Pollard, MD of Liberation Entertainment said “Wolverine and the X-Men is a huge franchise and with the Wolverine movie planned for 2008, this should secure huge interest for our DVD releases. With the strong interest in the show from the leading broadcasters around the world, we can ensure that our TV sales team can work strategically with our UK and International DVD sales teams to maximise the returns for everyone

“Liberation is a young and aggressive company and we think they are the perfect team to sell Wolverine and X-Men around the world”, said Ed Borgerding, principal of First Serve Toonz. “The show is a perfect combination of great storytelling, action and fantastic characters. It looks to be a show that will run and run.”

Rocketboy
09-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Well at least they had the balls to put the title as Wolverine and the X-Men...unlike every X-Men title Marvel has published in the last 15+ years.

JediTricks
09-25-2007, 08:02 PM
So, will the first episode be called "Wolverine meets and then becomes the Hulk"? Maybe "Wolverine and the case of the man breasts and shrunken testicles"?

Beast
02-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Haven't had much to really post about the series as of late. Until now.

The first preview of the series has turned up. And I have to say it looks pretty good.

http://www.cyber-animation.com/wolverine/wolverine.htm

Beast
02-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Here's a larger version of it from You Tube. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GbR_8-jWwQ

El Chuxter
02-04-2008, 05:47 PM
That looks quite awesome. When is this coming out?

General_Grievous
02-04-2008, 06:03 PM
This would be awesome, except Prof. X and Jean Grey are killed off from the start, and there's no sign of Magneto. WTF gives?

But other than that, it looked great. Is it from the same animation company that did "X-Men Evolution"? It looks similar in style. And the trailer looked more like it was advertising a full-length movie. Are they releasing a direct-to-DVD movie before they air the show?

Beast
02-04-2008, 07:22 PM
That looks quite awesome. When is this coming out?
I believe it's confirmed for this fall. No exact premiere date has been given.

This would be awesome, except Prof. X and Jean Grey are killed off from the start, and there's no sign of Magneto. WTF gives?

But other than that, it looked great. Is it from the same animation company that did "X-Men Evolution"? It looks similar in style. And the trailer looked more like it was advertising a full-length movie. Are they releasing a direct-to-DVD movie before they air the show?
I doubt either of them are really dead. I'm betting they were abducted by either the Shi'ar or Apocalypse during the explosion. We'll see what the plot line is. I'd prefer the Shi'ar over Poccy Lips. There's a tease of Magneto in the trailer though... look behind Domino in the one shot. There's a billboard with Magneto that says 'Genosha'.

No, it's actually a new animation company. I believe they're in India. But yeah, the style is somewhat Evo + 616. There's a taste of the movieverse also, such as Beast's vest with his costume. And no, no movie... unless they're planning to premiere with a one-hour special or something. I'm just glad it turned out so well.

bigbarada
02-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Pretty cool.:thumbsup:

Professor X, Jean Grey and Cyclops are taken out of the picture right away. That's awesome! Cyclops has always been a whiny, worthless piece of crap, I hope they keep him out.

Beast is also one of my favorite X-Men; but I've always liked the non-blue-n-furry version of him better. Oh well, at least they got rid of his old Wolverine hairstyle; but they're still making him too bulky for someone who is supposed to be an acrobat.

El Chuxter
02-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Wasn't the bulk due to his primary mutation? Look at old pics; he's built like a gorilla and has honkin' huge hands and feet.

bigbarada
02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Wasn't the bulk due to his primary mutation? Look at old pics; he's built like a gorilla and has honkin' huge hands and feet.

I'm thinking of how he looked back in the early issues of X-Factor, before he went back to his human form. I was going to look for a picture of him online, but I should have known what was going to happen when I typed "beast" into a search engine. :eek: There are some very..... strange people out there.:sur:

Anyways, I found this version of Beast, which is the one I like the best:

Beast
02-04-2008, 10:05 PM
He was still pretty bulky in his Human form. I've always prefered his Apeman form.

The current Cat form makes me want to club Grant Morrison though. :p

bigbarada
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Well, that's an Art Adams drawing, of course he's going to look bulky.:p

He was actually pretty gorilla-like in the old 1960s comics, I guess I was just thinking of the more "lithe" furry version from the early 80s. But it really doesn't matter.

Anyways, I like every version of Beast, except for the cat-version. My fav is just his original human form.

El Chuxter
02-05-2008, 10:37 AM
The current Cat form makes me want to club Grant Morrison though. :p
It's a good thing that everything else Morrison did on New X-Men makes up for that, then, right?

Too bad they retconned everything like a week after he left. That was one of the greatest runs on a superhero title.

Beast
02-05-2008, 01:24 PM
It's a good thing that everything else Morrison did on New X-Men makes up for that, then, right?

Too bad they retconned everything like a week after he left. That was one of the greatest runs on a superhero title.
No. There's a lot he did that I don't like. The second half of his run was horrid.

And no, there's tons of stuff he did still in play.

El Chuxter
02-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Um, whoops (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/02/21/foo-fighters-sue-marvel-comics-over-x-men-cartoon/).

It seems like a bad idea to pick a fight with Spider-Man, Wolverine and the rest of the Marvel Universe, but that’s exactly what Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters are doing, as the band is suing the comic book giant for copyright infringement. The band alleges that Marvel used “substantial excerpts” of their songs “Best of You” and “Free Me” as the music for the trailer of the new animated series Wolverine and the X-Men. You can watch the trailer here, and it’s pretty obvious that the Foos are used to soundtrack the cartoon’s preview. The series’ producers First Serve International, Toonz Animation India and First Serve Toonz were also named on the lawsuit, with the Foos’ seeking unspecified damages. We’re guessing the Foo Fighters just blew their chances of being on the soundtrack to The Punisher 2.

BanthaPoodoo
03-06-2008, 02:58 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W4OJTfZu_S4

Linky to the trailer. May want to watch it quick, no telling how long it will be there what with the lawsuit & all.

Beast
03-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Looks like Nicktoons picked up both Wolverine and the X-Men and Iron Man.

Iron Man & Wolverine Animated Series Head to Nicktoons in 2008
Posted: 03.19.2008 6:20pm

Get ready for a double-dose of Marvel animated awesomeness in 2009 as "Wolverine and the X-Men" and "Iron Man: The Animated Series" make their respective debuts on Nickelodeon's Nicktoons Network! Read on for the full story!

Nicktoons Network, Nickelodeon's 24-hour animation channel, has joined forces with Marvel Entertainment, Inc., to bring iconic heroes Wolverine and Iron Man from the page and big screen to television in two brand-new animated series, "Iron Man: The Animated Series" (a co-production with French based Method Films) and "Wolverine and the X-Men" (a co-production with Toonz Entertainment Pte Ltd., Singapore and First Serve International Ltd.). Debuting exclusively on Nicktoons Network in first quarter 2009, "Wolverine and the X-Men" and "Iron Man" each feature 26 action-packed, half-hour episodes that follow the respective heroes through dynamic action, adventure and drama as they face foes both familiar and new to their fans.

"Nicktoons Network is first and foremost about showcasing the most creative and unique animation there is, and this partnership with Marvel is another crucial way to super-serve our audiences with something fresh and new," says Keith Dawkins, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Nicktoons Network. "The fact that these Marvel characters span books, feature films and TV speaks to their massive appeal. We hope this deal signals to the marketplace and our audience, particularly boys, that we are the home for big hits and exciting, adrenaline-fueled animation."

"Nicktoons has a reputation for delivering some of the highest quality animation programming to the youth entertainment market, and Marvel is thrilled to be joining hands with such a dynamic channel," says Eric Rollman, Executive Vice President, Animation & Television for Marvel Studios. "Marvel is uniquely positioned to bring two shows with incredible brand momentum and awareness to this partnership, and we look forward to being in business with Nicktoons to launch this programming."

"Wolverine and the X-Men" (26 half-hour eps):

The story begins as an explosive event shatters the lives of the X-Men and takes away their mentor, Professor X. The beaten heroes, including Beast, Storm, Cyclops and Nightcrawler, walk away from it all but then they are given a rare glimpse into the future, where they see a world in utter ruin…ruled by giant destructive robots. They discover the world has spiraled out of control because the X-Men have given up. So now the most legendary of all X-Men, Wolverine, must take the lead on the ultimate mission--to prevent the world's destruction—while fending off enemies Magneto and The Brotherhood.

Iron Man: The Animated Series (26 half-hour eps):

Tony Stark, heir to a billion-dollar corporation, lives a life of luxury, free to pursue his chief interests—seeking extreme thrills, solving scientific mysteries and creating mind-boggling inventions. But everything goes horribly wrong when a tragic accident robs Tony of his father and nearly costs him his own life. Now dependent on his own impressive technology for survival and dedicated to battling corruption, Tony must reconcile the pressure of teenage life with the duties of a Super Hero. Inside his remarkable invention, Tony Stark is geared for high-speed flight, high-tech battles and high-octane adventure! He is Iron Man.

Interestingly enough. The changed the promo poster from Kitty to Iceman.

Original Poster:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/WolverineCartoon.jpg

Revised Poster:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/WolvieCartoon.jpg

Beast
05-07-2008, 12:34 PM
There's a new teaser trailer out for the series. Naturally, given they had to ditch the other version with the copyrighted songs. The new one is pretty cool, and there's some interesting cameos/villains. Looks like Hulk, Mojo, Spiral, etc. Did someone say X-Babies? Heh. Can't wait. It looks like unlike the 90's series, every X-Character is going to get some love. Though I'm sort of annoyed that it's on Nick Toons.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11491

Here's a couple links and a picture that features the main cast. :)

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.3499
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=156095
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16313

Beast
06-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Looks like the UK is going to get the series this fall, and those of us in the US are going to have to wait until 2009. Sucks. But the did release some new promo posters. The Brotherhood one kick arse. :)

http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=11

JediTricks
06-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Looks like the UK is going to get the series this fall, and those of us in the US are going to have to wait until 2009. Sucks. Only two words for that:

Haw haw!

With crappy backing like that, I suspect this show is doomed to 1 or 2 short seasons at the most, unless Hasbro sees a bunch of marketing from it, which at this point I'm really doubting.

El Chuxter
06-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Why exactly would it air so much sooner in the UK, especially knowing that this is essentially an invitation to bootleg it over here?

Beast
07-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Well, the first three episodes were shown over the weekend at SDCC. Seems like they went over pretty well. A lot of cameos, and even though it's Wolverine and the X-Men, it sounds like everyone gets their chance to shine.

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/080728-WolvXMentoon.html

And a review/synopsis from one of the comic forums:

Big crowd and they showed the first three episodes. Basically 90% of the footage we've seen so far.

there's a lot of backstory implied. It uses a lot of elements of the movie. Rogue and Logan having some father/daughter thing. Bobby's parents.

1st Episode was Logan deciding to get the X-men back together after they break up after the Prof and Jean's disappearence. Beast and Wolverine rescue a human who helped Logan escape from the MRD [Mutant Registration Division(?)] from a prison. They also free Boom Boom, Pyro and Dust and some others, I think Wolfsbane? (She's not named). Dust has an awesome sequence of taking out two jets as a monstrous Dust cloud.

2nd Episode was Rogue joining the Brotherhood while Wolverine assembles some more X-men. He recruits Iceman and Kitty. Cyclops refuses. Colossus opts to stay in Russia. Angel costumes up to help but it's unclear if he's going to be on the team full time or just be the patron of the team.

3rd Episode Emma shows up and uses Cerebro to track down Xavier. He's in Genosha. This finally gets Cyke to join.The team goes to Genosha and gets their butts handed to them by Mags before finding Xavier.

Really well done. Good characters. Decent animation. Shame it is on a channel no one gets.

Beast
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Well, the show premiered last night in Canada. Sounds like it's doing well.

Some character studies from upcoming episodes. Warning, Spoilers.

http://www.chronomantic.com/files/WX_ShadowPlane_Lineup.jpg
http://www.chronomantic.com/files/WX_MtnDawn_Lineup.jpg
http://www.chronomantic.com/images/WX_WeaponXCorridor_Lineup.jpg
http://www.chronomantic.com/images/WX_DemolishedStreet_Lineup.jpg

Beast
01-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Well, those of us in the U.S. will finally get to see Wolverine and the X-Men. January 23rd on Nicktoon's Network at 8 PM. They'll be airing the first two episodes. It really should be the first three, since it's sorta the pilot. But maybe it will get people coming back for the conclusion.

Also, some pictures of the supposedly 4" Wolverine/X-Men figures from Hasbro have turned up on Ebay. Beast, Colossus, and Avalanche. There's also reports of Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, and Magneto. Shame they're not 5" so they fit in with JLU. Since they seem to capture that style.

Edit: Found Wolverine. Both the front and back of the card.
Not big on how they did the claws. But the figure is keen.

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Oh man, what a lame way to do the claws! Even the cardback photo looks like they just threw in the towel and let the chips fall where they may.

And why does Colossus look so out of scale? His head, his torso, his arms, none of it looks like it works together.

I suspect this one is gonna hit and disappear with no fanfare, and the toy line is gonna struggle.

Beast
01-09-2009, 05:18 PM
The Claws appear to be similar to the old Secret Wars figure of Wolverine. I don't mind, I'll use him as a 'Sheathed Claws' Wolverine. The rest of the figures look pretty decent and fit in with the designs of the toon.

I'm not sure about the series hitting and disappearing with no fanfare. It's been getting great ratings in non-US markets. And Season 2 is already in production based on the strength of Season 1.

El Chuxter
01-09-2009, 05:38 PM
That's not how they did the Secret Wars figure's claws (unless the cardback photo is wrong). Those snapped on the back of his hands, held on around his wrists. This figure looks like he's holding the claws.

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
The Claws appear to be similar to the old Secret Wars figure of Wolverine.1) That Secret Wars figure had claws that clipped over the wrists, they were too long but at least they were positioned properly (see attached).

2) That figure is 25 years old, there have been a few technological advances since then.

I'm not sure about the series hitting and disappearing with no fanfare. It's been getting great ratings in non-US markets. And Season 2 is already in production based on the strength of Season 1.Great ratings overseas means very little though, not many viewers by comparison and even less money to be made. Nicktoons doesn't have great ratings or a good track record lately for keeping shows going, they only have 5 and 3 are from less than 2 years ago. Nicktoons isn't even the right demographic, they skew towards a lower age, this new show and the new Iron Man show notwithstanding.

Beast
01-15-2009, 05:13 PM
My bad on the Secret Wars Wolverine.
Either way, I think this one works great as a 'Sheathed Claws' Wolverine. And I'm sure we'll see a second Wolverine who already has his claws popped. The toon is called 'Wolverine and the X-Men' after all.

Oh, and three more figures popped up on Ebay.
Magneto, Cyclops, and Iceman. I still like the quaint style of the figures. They should fit in pretty great with JLU. :)

Beast
01-19-2009, 09:22 AM
For those with Digital Cable, On Demand has the first episode of the series available for free rental right now. Just watched it last night, great show. They even have a dedicated 'Wolverine and the X-Men' folder under Nickelodeon. So it looks like they plan to add more episodes in time.

El Chuxter
01-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I just caught it, and it was spectacular. At least as good as Evolutions already, and it looks like it has even more potential.

We might disagree on the comics, but this show rocks. (I rather wish Marvel were making more 616 comics along this line of storytelling.)

SPOILER:

The redheaded woman was named Wanda, and I noticed Scarlet Witch in one of the previews. Coincidence? I'm leaning toward yes, since I doubt the MRD could have such a powerful mutant in their custody and be totally unaware of it.

Beast
01-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I just caught it, and it was spectacular. At least as good as Evolutions already, and it looks like it has even more potential.

We might disagree on the comics, but this show rocks. (I rather wish Marvel were making more 616 comics along this line of storytelling.)

SPOILER:

The redheaded woman was named Wanda, and I noticed Scarlet Witch in one of the previews. Coincidence? I'm leaning toward yes, since I doubt the MRD could have such a powerful mutant in their custody and be totally unaware of it.
Did you geek out as much as I did over the Star Wars refrence?

SPOILER:

When Wolverine and Beast sneak into the MRD's base, and they're bantering about Hank's shackles. Logan says, "Come on, Chewie." And the fact that the schematics for the MRD base looked like the Death Star. It's just a nice lil thing there for Star Wars geeks.

As for Wanda....

Not sure which redheaded woman you're referring to. But Wanda/Scarlet Witch wasn't in custody. She does appear on Genosha once we get there in the storyline.

El Chuxter
01-21-2009, 01:07 AM
I did indeed geek out over the SW ref. Especially given who said it to whom, it seemed extra amusing.

The woman I was talking about was Erica's mom.

Beast
01-21-2009, 11:34 AM
I did indeed geek out over the SW ref. Especially given who said it to whom, it seemed extra amusing.

The woman I was talking about was Erica's mom.
Ahh, ok. I didn't catch her name. Nah, that's not her. But she will appear.

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 03:58 PM
So, the show officially premieres tonight, turns out Nicktoons Network is running it against Clone Wars - that's some nerve. I don't even have that channel, I thought they were running it on a Nicktoons block on regular Nickelodeon. So, I'll be missing it.

LTBasker
01-23-2009, 05:23 PM
On the programming here it's running against Brave and the Bold, at least for the first half of tonight's premeire. Will it stay up against Brave and the Bold or move to a different time for the normal episodes?

Beast
01-24-2009, 10:50 PM
JT. According to my online guide...

The first two episodes of Wolverine and the X-Men are airing on regular Nick Sunday at 2 PM - 3 PM. So hopefully it will continue to show there.

JediTricks
01-26-2009, 03:30 AM
I decided not to watch it because part 3 is not airing on Nick's schedule anytime in the next 2 weeks, it's definitely not slated for the same timeslot next week. I don't want to watch 2/3rds of the episode, and then be left hanging.

LTBasker
01-26-2009, 11:44 AM
You sure? On my DVR schedule, it shows it airing Friday at the same Bat-time. Strangely, though, according to the episode info it's part 3, but it's production number is 6.

The show wasn't bad, it's certainly alot easier to watch than the 90's X-Men show, which despite being better edited than the Spider-Man series gave you a headache from the storyline, if you missed even a single episode.

The way this one starts off certainly makes the "Wolverine and the X-Men" title easier to deal with, although this version of Logan is incredibly whipped. Also, Rogue's voice is extremely annoying - it's like the actress just learned the basic tone of the accent the morning of recording.

And it needs more Cyclops.

Beast
01-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I think he means it's not airing on regular Nick next Sunday like the first two episodes did this last weekend. And here I thought they had some brains, and was gonna show it there as well for people who didn't get Nicktoons. I guess they just wanted folks to see the first two episodes, and then pester their cable company for Nicktoons to see the third. Craptastic. Hopefully it hits DVD fast.

Re: Cyclops. He factors in more of the series later on.

I'm really glad that even though the title is Wolverine and the X-Men, they're giving everyone a lot of time to shine. Hell, the first two episodes featured a lot of Beast. So I can't complain about that, given he's my favorite character. :D

Beast
01-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm reposting the following from Fwoosh, cause I'm honestly surprised. Atgscl over there bought the Wolverine figure from the toon line from Overseas via Ebay. He posted a in-depth review, that frankly shocked me a bit. I previously compared these figures to the JLU line, but they sure surpass it in one area.

Wolverine features 19 points of articulation!!. Other than the claws, which don't bother me much cause I'm sure we'll get another one with attached claws, the figure is pretty damn cool. Can't wait to find out more about this line. Hopefully the other figures are equally well articulated. :cool:

I bought the wolverine figure that was on Ebay a few weeks ago and I just got it today. I was very pleasanlty suprised with the whole figure. Here is a little review.

Wolverine:

Packaging- Very nice. Its catchy and there are no twist ties or rubber bands holding in the figure.

Size- At first, I was dissapointed that these figures were going to be in the 4" scale but now I am glad becasue they have just as much articulation as they would if they were in the 6" range. Wolverine stands exactly at 3 3/4" (3.75"). I think that he is on the shorter side of the 4" range becasue in actuality, he should be the shortest among the others. Hopefully the other X-men will be appropriately taller.

Sculpt- Good, not great, just good sculpt. The head could be a tad bigger and Wolvy's pecs come down too low. He should also have sculpted abs. I think those 3 things would have made this figure near perfect sculpt wise. Since we are likely to get many more Wolverines down the line, I am not holding the fact that he has no attached claws against him. Anyway, this is a great claw-less Wolverine.

Articulation- I thought he would have like 8 POA but suprisingly, Wolvy boasts a whopping 19 POA! I know its about on par with the Marvel Universe 4" figures. Hasbro did a very very nice job of not breaking up the sculpt too much whole adding articulation. The POA are as follows: 1 head, 2 right shoulder, 2 left shoulder, 1 right wrist, 1 left wrist, 2 abs (swivel and crunch), 2 top of right leg, 2 top of left leg, 1 right knee, 1 left knee, 2 right foot, 2 left foot. All the joints function well and only the feet are hindered by the boots a bit. I was dissapointed to see that he can not look up or down though. He just has a swivel neck.

Paint- Mine has some paint splatters of blue on his arm and some stripes on his costume aren't the neatest but I am sure the paint quality will vary with every figure.

Accessories- Wolvy comes with those goofy looking 'snap on' claws which technically aren't even snap on. You have to put hte handles inot his hands and it is suppposted to look like he has his claws out. This figure looks really stupid while holding the claws but who cares, this is the difinitive claw-less Wolverine. We will get many more Wolvy figures in this line and hopefully some will have sculpted on claws.

Value- The MSRP is $7.99 for these, the same as Marvel Universe figures. I feel that this is a fair price for these animated figures. I know some people were comparing the price of these to JLU figures who are $5 each but these are much better. These have much more articulation and most come with accessories. Also, some like Colossus, Beast, and Avalanche consist of more plastic than almost all JLU figures. And if you are still looking for another reason, these have sculpted details unlike JLU who just have painted on details most of the time. The $8 price point is just fine. Hopefully we will see some 2 packs later on that we be a bit cheaper than buying 2 single figures.

Here are some pics:

Beast
01-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Annoying. They announced the first DVD for Wolverine and the X-Men for April 21st. However it's only going to be the first three episodes. The "Hindsight" 3-Parter. Though I do like the fact it's not barebones. There's some extras and 2 commentary tracks. Hope that continues with future volumes. Guess I'll pick it up after all. It'll likely be under at retail $10.00 when it comes out anyway.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wolverine-X-Men-Heroes_Return_Trilogy/11215

Beast
02-25-2009, 01:41 PM
A couple more figures for the cartoon's toyline have shown up on Marvelous News. Love the Nightcrawler, but it's a shame we're getting yet another Wolverine with Hand Claws. Guess I may have to play customizer. The line seriously needs some chicks though. Storm, Kitty, Rogue, Polaris, Domino, etc.

Beast
04-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Sucks that the series is on hiatus already. Hopefully new episodes start soon.

The DVD with the first 3 episodes, including extras, is out on April 21st.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wolverine-X-Men-Heroes_Return_Trilogy/11215

Also, Wave 3 of the figure line will feature Forge and Toad. No pics yet.
And Wave 4 of the line will be Iceman (Costume) and Logan (White Shirt). Again, no pics.

Beast
04-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Here's first pics of Toad and Forge from Wolverine and the X-Men Wave 3.

Toad: http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/8733

Forge: http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/8735

Toad - Not bad. One of the better figures in the line so far. Plus I like the Ultimateish look they went with for him in the cartoon. Never was a big fan of the 616 version of Toad's appearance. Just looked like a ugly fat court jester, imho. Now where's Domino and Quicksilver. Not to mention Blob.

Forge - Like Toad, Forge also appears to be a top notch figure. They captured the animated look for the figure really well. They need to release a Blackbird, maybe for Christmas, for him to constantly fix though. And again, some chicks. Such as Storm, Shadowcat, Emma Frost, Polaris, Scarlet Witch.

Beast
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Well... that's better. Volume 2 of the new X-Men cartoon is coming to DVD on July 21st.

Instead of just 3 episodes, this one features 5 episodes. Much better.

Episode #4 - Overflow
Episode #5 - Thieves Gambit
Episode #6 - X-Calibre
Episode #7 - Wolverine Vs. Hulk
Episode #8 - Time Bomb

Sounds like just one audio commentary this time though. With Craig Kyle, Greg Johnson, and Chris Yost.

More info:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wolverine-X-Men-Volume-2/11788

figrin bran
05-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Beast, I know you won't agree but articulation notwithstanding, I think JLU figures are designed better than the ones for this show.

I watched my first episodes of this show recently and enjoyed them immensely!