PDA

View Full Version : McFett up for sale right now on Hasbrotoyshop! Go now!

jedi master sal
06-04-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78

GO!!! and good luck!

Use "celebration" for a shipping discount in the promotion code section.
-Sal

joe-da
06-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks! That's the only concept I want, and will probably never see one on the shelves.

jedi master sal
06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks! That's the only concept I want, and will probably never see one on the shelves.

Excellent! Glad I could help.

I got two McFetts, as well as two more Rebel Honor Guards. Helped my shipping costs per fig come down that way. (Ended up after the code getting the figs for $8.03 each) That's not too bad to me. Heck less gas wasted this way, also the figs come to me, AND I got the freakin' hard to find figure to boot! Heh

-Sal

darthvyn
06-04-2007, 03:28 PM
this i might actually buy, making it my first star wars toy in years... i'll have to talk to the woman first, though... she pays the bills.

JON9000
06-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Sweet- 2 McFetts, 2 DSTs, and a Biggs!

good call, Sal, and yeah, I remember being completely incredulous when you mentioned actual "hot" figures being on hasbrotoyshop, but there you are!

Luuuuuuke
06-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm pretty happy with the 3 loose McFetts I have already. If it was a McTrooper, I'd be on it for two to open. Good eye Sal! This is the first time they've still be in stock when I've read a heads up post.

jedi master sal
06-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Sweet- 2 McFetts, 2 DSTs, and a Biggs!

good call, Sal, and yeah, I remember being completely incredulous when you mentioned actual "hot" figures being on hasbrotoyshop, but there you are!

Good Score!

No worries man.

I was staying ever diligent at watching Hasbro's site. I'd literally check it every 15 minutes at work, so I was bound to see it, if it showed up then.

Glad you could score. See it does work sometimes, heh. Again no worries.

darthvyn-I strongly urge you to get it. If you haven't bought something for awhile, this would be a nice purchase to get.

-Sal

jedi master sal
06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty happy with the 3 loose McFetts I have already. If it was a McTrooper, I'd be on it for two to open. Good eye Sal!

Hit Baldwin Park and Rosemead Targets this morning. All I got was an AOTC Saga Legends clone, my second and last of these. The comic packs seem to be hanging around longer at Wal-mart and TRU now, including the Alpha/Obi one.

I keep missing TAC 3 though. Don't think Rosemead or Baldwin Park have stocked it yet or even gotten it. But not sure. KMart on Rosemead Boulevard had TAC 3, but only a Vader left.

Baldwin Park Wal-Mart has a ton of old Saga. There isn't even space for TAC figures. I haven't seen TAC basic figures there in a while. I'm really just looking for McChewie.

Yeah, I'm done with the McTroopers myself, but I keep buying them for other people. I've already got three requests in. Two I know I can fill the third I have to check on. If I see it again, I'll keep you in mind. Cost plus exact shipping of course.

I've only been lucky enough to find the Luke from TAC wv3. No Legends line yet. Thankfully there aren't many figs I want from it. however, the ones I want, I want several of. There's another thread on here that lists my wants for the Legends line. Mostly AOTC white clones, 501st and the grey commander (if he has the extra belt to make him a grunt).

-Sal

darthvyn
06-04-2007, 04:01 PM
darthvyn-I strongly urge you to get it. If you haven't bought something for awhile, this would be a nice purchase to get.

yeah it seems right up my alley in terms of star wars stuff... the last things i got were the clone wars animated figures... i guess i tend to go for the more esoteric stuff at this point.

EDIT: you sold me on it, sal... actually snagged two of them, because i like the packaging but wanted to open one, and i'm NEVER that guy... i'm probably going to look for the stormtrooper concept as well, so if you see one, keep me in mind.

jedi master sal
06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
yeah it seems right up my alley in terms of star wars stuff... the last things i got were the clone wars animated figures... i guess i tend to go for the more esoteric stuff at this point.

EDIT: you sold me on it, sal... actually snagged two of them, because i like the packaging but wanted to open one, and i'm NEVER that guy... i'm probably going to look for the stormtrooper concept as well, so if you see one, keep me in mind.

Will do. Heh, I understand about not doing the carded/loose thing. THis is the only subline I'm doing this for. Otherwise the TAC and Legends line are getting opened.

And yes, I'll put you on my ever growing list f people to look out for the McTrooper, heh heh. I can't promise, but I will try.

And with that, McFett is sold out on HTS.

Congrats to the people who were able to take advantage.

-Sal

darthvyn
06-04-2007, 04:39 PM
wow! glad i called my wife from work to check the finances as opposed to waiting until i got home!

Luuuuuuke
06-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I'm done with the McTroopers myself, but I keep buying them for other people. I've already got three requests in. Two I know I can fill the third I have to check on. If I see it again, I'll keep you in mind. Cost plus exact shipping of course.
-Sal

thanks for the kind offer Sal. Don't worry about it though--unless you find a large stash of McTroopers:D

I'll keep an eye out for some of those figures you're looking for. I already have two AOTC troopers and I'm done. And I'm not interested in any more 501st figures, I don't care how clean the armor is! I might get two more gray troopers just to convert to Coruscant ones. I'd be glad to help you build your army.

jedi master sal
06-04-2007, 05:59 PM
thanks for the kind offer Sal. Don't worry about it though--unless you find a large stash of McTroopers:D

I'll keep an eye out for some of those figures you're looking for. I already have two AOTC troopers and I'm done. And I'm not interested in any more 501st figures, I don't care how clean the armor is! I might get two more gray troopers just to convert to Coruscant ones. I'd be glad to help you build your army.

Much appreciated. As always those who contribute to the cuase will have their names (if ok'd) added to the plaque of the diorama these figs will go in.

-Sal

doch18
06-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Out of stock, so none for me.

figrin bran
06-04-2007, 10:40 PM
i'm going to submit a query to the weekly Q&A if they can stop this restocking at 2:30 EST as there are many of us at work or school without online access at that time.

TheDarthVader
06-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Yep, I missed it too. This definitely sucks.

Phantom-like Menace
06-05-2007, 07:18 AM

You have a PM.

And with that, McFett is sold out on HTS.

Congrats to the people who were able to take advantage.

-Sal

I must have gotten in right at the wire yesterday, because I couldn't have gotten one much later than that. Grabbed that and one each of 5th Fleet Security and 442nd troopers just because it seemed a waste to ship only one figure. I'll add to those giving thanks for the heads up, so thanks.

darthvyn
06-05-2007, 09:47 AM
You have a PM.

and so do you, good sir!

just because it seemed a waste to ship only one figure.

yeah, that's why i ended up with two fetts, and two adventure kermits before that... it seems that they manipulate the shipping just so you will spend more.

darko666
06-05-2007, 03:22 PM
i missed out on them the other day, but just checked again and lucked out and got both the trooper and fett. now i just have to keep checking on ebay for a decent priced luke and the droids.

darthvyn
06-05-2007, 03:58 PM
you got the concept trooper??? how did THAT happen? it was sold out yesterday! weird...

darko666
06-05-2007, 04:21 PM
i visited the hasbro shop and figured i would just see if the concept figures were available and they were listed in stock. made my order and the rest is history.

jedi master sal
06-05-2007, 05:13 PM
And they've been out of stock again since a little after your post...

figrin bran
06-06-2007, 02:28 AM
this really makes me angry that they put up the mcquarrie figures at about the same time again today.

i remember when HTS used to put new figures up at all times of the day not just 11:30 pacific, 2:30 eastern.

darthvyn
06-11-2007, 09:26 AM
must've received 'em on saturday (i was away all weekend and got home last night at about 9:30) and i'm pretty split on this... i really like the packaging, i really like the design of the figure, and his articulation is pretty sweet... but i totally freaked out when he fell in half as i took him out of the package. the waist articulation is such that he falls apart darth maul style WAY too easily. this wouldn't be such a problem, but moving him to different positions always brings a certain attention to making sure he dosen't fall apart which shouldn't be necessary. the gun and fireball are cool accessories, and i like the holster belt. the trap-door that reveals the... thing (rocket-launcher? reserve flame-thrower?) is also concerning, as it manages to loosen the waist-peg when opened. since the trap-door is partially held in place BY the bottom half of the body, this is a problem. enough of a gap and the trap door falls off, making it NECESSARY to pop him in half in order to place the door back. also, the door doesn't stay closed unless the waist peg is fully secure.

the design of the figure makes me want to know more about this incarnation - the cardback says that the original concept was that of a "mandolorian super-commando". that plus the all-white uniform makes me believe this was a special ops type of stromtrooper at one point, not unlike the ARC troopers of the clone wars era. in fact, one can see a lot of influence, in a roundabout way, on the AotC clones in this concept. obviously they were designed to harken back (forward? MARTY! the time-space continuum!!!) to the boba we all know and inexplicably love from ESB. but i see more similarities between this concept and the first-gen clone troopers. just an interesting aside.

a good figure with some mild execution flaws. as my first SW figure in a couple of years, i'm satisfied with the purchase.

jedi master sal
06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Oooh, sorry I thought you knew about the waist thing. That's about the only thing that bothers me with the figure. But it's a cool sculpt and I actually like the fact that it's rather plain. Should I find some more, I might just customize them with new paint apps.

JON9000
06-12-2007, 01:55 PM
I got my figures, but sadly, all of the boxes were crushed. Fortunately, I wanted to open most of them, but I would have been really disappointed, otherwise!

darthvyn
06-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Oooh, sorry I thought you knew about the waist thing. That's about the only thing that bothers me with the figure.

it's not a big deal, i just thought that the quality would've gone up in the last couple of years, but silly me :crazed:

Should I find some more, I might just customize them with new paint apps.

yeah, with the white plastic, it's ripe for customization, good call. too bad it's pretty rare...

looking at him more, he REALLY reminds me of the ARC troopers from the clone wars animated series. anything that reminds me of the ARC trooper is cool by me.

darko666
06-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I got my figures, but sadly, all of the boxes were crushed.

for a person like me that keeps the figures in their packaging, thats not good news. i expect mine to arrive later this week, so time will tell. i don't have much luck finding them in stores, so i'll have to be satisfied with whatever condition they are in.

darthvyn
06-12-2007, 04:21 PM
for a person like me that keeps the figures in their packaging, thats not good news. i'll have to be satisfied with whatever condition they are in.

don't worry too much, both of mine were in excellent condition. of course, i got one to open, one to keep packaged, so i had the thought that if one was damaged, the other might not be, and that would determine which one to open. as it stands, i had a hard time figuring out which would remain in the package! one had the helmet and fireball both in odd positions in relation to the bubble backing, so that was the one that got opened.

darko666
06-13-2007, 12:20 PM
the McQuarrie Trooper and Fett figures arrived today and i was pleased to see them in excellent condition. man, these figures are great and i'm looking forward to geting the rest of the McQuarrie figures.

jedi master sal
06-13-2007, 01:13 PM
I too got mine yesterday. Packaged well. Glad to have these and not have to worry about looking for them. The hunt was fun for it's time, but I much prefer this (to all that sneakin' around)...ok, than to all that gas being wasted by not finding what I want.

Online shopping really has helped make a difference to me. It's certainly helped to keep me "in the game" of collecting so to speak.

Now if I can just get that darned McLuke fig.

-Sal