PDA

View Full Version : McFigures

Pages : [1] 2

Jargo
06-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Now you've seen the selection. what are your thoughts. complaints (distribution aside that is) and which will you be buying if any?

For me, it has to be the poster art set of Han, Chewie, Threepio and Artoo and the Starkiller kid. Though i'm tempted to get Ben kenobi and McLuke just so I have the magnificent seven. (I'm assuming that the Starkiller kid is Leia. even if it isn't.

Yoda looks too much like Mel Brooks as Yoghurt in Spaceballs, I've always hated the vader sdesign and don't think the stormtrooper was sculpted too well and it looks ugly. so no buying those three for me.

but what sayest thou?

jedi master sal
06-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Now you've seen the selection. what are your thoughts. complaints (distribution aside that is) and which will you be buying if any?

For me, it has to be the poster art set of Han, Chewie, Threepio and Artoo and the Starkiller kid. Though i'm tempted to get Ben kenobi and McLuke just so I have the magnificent seven. (I'm assuming that the Starkiller kid is Leia. even if it isn't.

Yoda looks too much like Mel Brooks as Yoghurt in Spaceballs, I've always hated the vader sdesign and don't think the stormtrooper was sculpted too well and it looks ugly. so no buying those three for me.

but what sayest thou?

I'm pretty happy with all of them. Not the exclusivity of course, but the characters chosen.

Jargo
06-04-2007, 04:27 PM
oh and I like the Fett but have no real need or place for it and the concept snowtrooper with the head like Twiki from Buck Rogers in the 25th century, could they not have found a nicer design? another concept drawing perhaps? dear god what IS that thing! it's almost as stupid and butt ugleeeeee as the darktrooper pice of carp.

Sith Lord 0498
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm pretty happy with all of them. Not the exclusivity of course, but the characters chosen.

Same here.

Some of the figures have disappointing articulation, but it's a great subline. I'm definitely in it for the long haul, and I seem to have incredible luck finding these figures...so I'm not worried about not finding them.

bobafrett
06-04-2007, 07:30 PM
I won't be happy until the make the McBarry Stormtrooper collection, seen in this rare painting........

Kidhuman
06-04-2007, 08:32 PM
One guy summed up MCChewie today the best I ever heard:

"Its so horrible, its great. I would buy it in a minute"

Old Fossil
06-04-2007, 10:55 PM
I want 'em all, or mostly all, though I buy only one of each and keep 'em carded. So far I've gotten the Stormtrooper and Fett. Hope to see Chewie and Vader before the end of the summer. Really wanted that iconic concept Luke, but I don't know how that'll happen. The droids set sucks, at least as far as paint apps, but I'd get them for the sake of completeness if nothing else.

The snowie is odd, but I'd get it anyway, since it's an odd line. The only one I've made it up in my mind to pass on is that Starkiller person. I've ZERO interest in that strange thing whatsoever.

figrin bran
06-04-2007, 11:05 PM
i want all of them. originally i wanted a carded and loose set and there are even some that i would like extras of for custom fodder - fett, chewie, starkiller. it's going to be too tough to find that many so i'm just going for the loose set plus extras for customizing.

bigbarada
06-05-2007, 12:02 AM
The "Starkiller Hero" was originally called "Princess Luke" in the early drafts. One of the early versions of the story revolved around Han Solo rescuing Princess Luke from the evil Wookies.

They picked a strange Snowtrooper design for the concept figure. I was hoping we would see the original "samurai" concept for the snowtroopers in action figure form.

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 12:36 AM
The "Starkiller Hero" was originally called "Princess Luke" in the early drafts. One of the early versions of the story revolved around Han Solo rescuing Princess Luke from the evil Wookies.

They picked a strange Snowtrooper design for the concept figure. I was hoping we would see the original "samurai" concept for the snowtroopers in action figure form.
According to the Making of SW that just came out, Lady Luke (not the name they used) was only in the 1 drawing and 1 version of the script for just a single month.

Anyway, I love this line, McQ's artwork has always resonated deeply with me and these are a magnificent incarnation of that. The Boba Fett is among the best Star Wars figures I own, he's just so much fun! Concept R2 is amazing as well, easily one of the best astromechs ever with lots of moving parts. And Chewie, I love that design so I cannot wait to find it.

Tenric78
06-05-2007, 12:49 AM
The only ones I have are the convetion exclusives, which were a lot easier for me to find than the stupid boba fett and stormtrooper. I did see the butt ugly chewie at a K Mart, but I let my roomate take him.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-05-2007, 01:16 AM
I have a couple of the Stormtroopers (as well as one from 2003 which I had to get online). I ordered two of the droid sets from Toy Rocket. Just got the message today that they are shipping. Missed out on ordering the Luke from Hasbro. Haven't seen any of the others yet. I intend to get them all, and probably a set to keep carded.

Luuuuuuke
06-05-2007, 01:27 AM
I'll get them all. Two of each, because this is the rare item I want a carded version of. So far I have McFett, Stormtrooper, Luke and R2/3PO.

I think McFett looks the best. I love the articulation on it too, except it falls apart way too easily.

bigbarada
06-05-2007, 05:21 PM
According to the Making of SW that just came out, Lady Luke (not the name they used) was only in the 1 drawing and 1 version of the script for just a single month.

Anyway, I love this line, McQ's artwork has always resonated deeply with me and these are a magnificent incarnation of that. The Boba Fett is among the best Star Wars figures I own, he's just so much fun! Concept R2 is amazing as well, easily one of the best astromechs ever with lots of moving parts. And Chewie, I love that design so I cannot wait to find it.

I've heard so many alternate version of events and retelling of the making of Star Wars, that I'm not sure what to believe anymore. I remember a story from the filming of American Graffiti where Lucas supposedly promised all of the cast of Graffiti parts in Star Wars. Richard Dreyfuss wanted to be the "King of the Wookies" since Lucas described Wookies as very furry and very short (kind of like Ewoks, before there were Ewoks).

I tend to believe that the stuff written back in the 70s and 80s would be more accurate compared to some of the revisionist history we are getting now.

Anyways, I just ordered a McFett on Ebay ($15 - I'm so tired of looking for him that I don't care about the price anymore), and I just got in one of the C4 Concept Lukes. I think I'm most excited about Chewbacca though, he looks really cool (in a butt-ugly sort of way). Even outside of the concept collection, he would work well as a background alien in a Cantina diorama or just walking along the streets of Mos Eisley.

waboritas
06-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I agree that this little sub-set is fantastic. Got 2 troopers and 2 Fetts. Ordered the Luke for HTS and 3P0 and R2 from Toyrocket. I will in all likelihood keep these carded and not give to my son, with the exception of duplicates I get.

I wonder if Hasbro had any idea how popular these would be. There is such a demand for them and they can't keep them on the shelves. Those of you that have not been able to get them on HTS, don't give up as the 501st Stormtrooper was a quick sellout and I don't think they will ever sell out of him at 14.95 unless they offer a steep discount.

Luuuuuuke
06-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I wonder if Hasbro had any idea how popular these would be. There is such a demand for them and they can't keep them on the shelves.

I think they would have to know. Look at the ridiculous UGH figures. Those sold out too and there was nothing all that special about them.

I don't think anything catches Hasbro by total surprise. The way I see it, they like to keep the sense of urgency and demand up, so they don't make these things too easy to get. That keeps the mystique. Let's face it, if these were easy to find, we wouldn't be as excited about them.

Having said that, with a little dogged determination, I think you have a good chance of finding these at retail. I don't hit store openings as much as some people--like the folks from the L.A. Just Found thread in the San Fernando Valley:D but if I did, I have no doubt I already would have found McChewie.

It's a question if you really want to keep going to stores at 8 a.m. or earlier if it's Wal-mart or after work. That gets to be a drag. I've hit the same friggin' Target at opening for 3 days in a row and nothing. But I know sooner or later they're going to have to stock TAC 3. But it's a pain in the butt. Especially when I go to another Target later and see that they had that wave in.

But I figure if you stick with one store for a week, you're bound to strike gold with the McFigure you want(Besides, I'm afraid if I hit a different Target for just one day, that'll be the day the Target I was staking out gets what I want).

Kidhuman
06-05-2007, 08:13 PM
There is such a demand for them and they can't keep them on the shelves.

Part of the reason they cant stay on shelves is because of the 1 per case ratio. Granted if there were 2-3 per case, they would still be gone, but you would have a better chance at getting them.

Luuuuuuke
06-06-2007, 12:56 AM
1 per case is messed up. They should all be 2 per case at least.

figrin bran
06-06-2007, 01:15 AM
Wave 4 is not going to be much better with the McVaders one per case. However, wave 5 will have Vader and Starkiller, albeit both at one per case.

i wish i could hit stores at opening more than twice a week but unfortunately work doesn't permit that, nor does it permit me to make it to HTS' 11:30 Pacific restocking times.

TheRealDubya
06-06-2007, 01:11 PM
I am buying 2 of each, one for opening and one to save carded -- along with a set of the vintage, these are the only figs I am keeping carded this year. I have all 6 so far released (Stormtrooper, Boba, Chewie, Luke and the 2 droids) and Luke is my favorite. I look forward to putting together a display with all of them.

I still have not seen a single one in the wild though; I got my exclusives at CIV and have purchased the rest online. Finding them in the stores would be so much more fun. I have to reason that they will start showing up more regularly, unless these are like Scorch from last year -- I saw every single Saga Collection figure more than once in the wild, except for Scorch, who I only saw one time. That's with maybe two hunting trips per week, hitting 4-5 stores per trip.

Luuuuuuke
06-06-2007, 01:58 PM
This is the hope with McVader: that some near-sighted collectors and scalpers will pass a few of them over because they mistake them for one of the 1 million Vaders released so far. That's what it's come to.

Having said that, this morning was good to me. I found the two McChewie's I wanted at the second Target I went to--around 8:25 a.m. And the weird thing was they were both hanging in the front with almost no other figures from wave 3. Only a Biggs and a couple of reject Vaders.

I think a mischevious Target employee must have held them back so the collectors and scalpers there at opening would not get them. Bad for them, good for me.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-06-2007, 07:57 PM
My droids arrived today. I had trouble getting C-3PO to stand.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:09 AM
I've heard so many alternate version of events and retelling of the making of Star Wars, that I'm not sure what to believe anymore. I remember a story from the filming of American Graffiti where Lucas supposedly promised all of the cast of Graffiti parts in Star Wars. Richard Dreyfuss wanted to be the "King of the Wookies" since Lucas described Wookies as very furry and very short (kind of like Ewoks, before there were Ewoks).

I tend to believe that the stuff written back in the 70s and 80s would be more accurate compared to some of the revisionist history we are getting now.Right after SW came out, there was a lot bunk about SW, a lot of actors making wild claims that weren't true, etc.. I've always heard that Lucas didn't want to work with any actors he had worked with before, which is why Harrison Ford originally was only Han for the screen tests. Also, look at the earlier screenplays released back then, none of them have the Luke-type character as a girl, and there's only a very small number of concept art showing LadyLuke, just 1 or 2 that are significant. Plus, the interviews cited in the book about that are from just before and just after the movie's release.

AmanaMatt
06-07-2007, 01:35 AM
I love this line....it feels as vintage as anything the modern Star Wars has done, including the Vintage line (though its my favorite sub line, bar none)

I have bought two of each, through McChewie - I love them all.

I am annoyed with the 1 per case ratio, but the only one that way truly a 'Motherfrogger' to find was McFett.

McVader is the next one that I cannot wait to get - I may buy three of him, since I dig both helmet designs.

I did not know there were many concepts for the McSnowtrooper - I loved the fig of this one at CIV - anyone have a pic of the Samauri design Barada meantioned? (thanks)

Luuuuuuke
06-07-2007, 01:54 AM
I am annoyed with the 1 per case ratio, but the only one that way truly a 'Motherfrogger' to find was McFett.

That wasn't the "Motherfrogger" to find for me, I can tell you that. I found 4 McFetts.

If I hadn't used the DPCI trick I would be the owner of a grand total of zero McTroopers right now. I have not seen a single one of those in their natural environemment, aka The Peg.

I don't like the one per case ratio at all. I think it's Hasbro's way of keeping the addiction going.

TheRealDubya
06-07-2007, 10:59 AM
If I hadn't used the DPCI trick I would be the owner of a grand total of zero McTroopers right now.

I've seen you all reference the DPCI trick before...fill me in. How's it work? Just asking employees seems to work badly for me. I could use some extra ammo.

AmanaMatt
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I've seen you all reference the DPCI trick before...fill me in. How's it work? Just asking employees seems to work badly for me. I could use some extra ammo.

I try and wait for an employee to ask if I need help - the ones not in the toy aisle are usually more helpful and the employees at night seem to be way more understanding.

Old Fossil
06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
I bought a droids set off the Toyrocket site today. Roughly $27, shipped. I am bummed at the cost... now I don't know how I'll get McLuke, save off Ebay.

This is a great subline, but tracking 'em down is a real pain in the tail. Not real fun, either.

figrin bran
06-07-2007, 11:45 AM

you could also ask employees at the guest services desk or the electronics section. if you opt for the latter, it would help to have a basket or cart with merchandise other than toys just so they don't think you're a "collector".

regarding the McLukes, at the moment i'm trying to trade some for the Disney Weekend Cantina Band figures but i should have some to trade or sell to you guys at cost soon.

Luuuuuuke
06-07-2007, 01:27 PM

You see those red scanners with numbers at Target? (1 to 9 plus a 0?) Not every Target has those. But if a store does, you just plug in the number for the item you're looking for. (Just look at the number on the peg where the item should be). It will tell you if it's on an aisle, and if so, where. The second line tells you if it's in the stockroom.

Thing is, Target has been stricter about not pulling stuff from the back. More and more Targets, at least in my area, have put out little signs saying they won't pull out collectibles.

But the DPCI will at least tell you if they have something in stock. And if the pegs are really empty, you can maybe convince them to put some out to at least replenish them. Or you can keep an eye out on that store.

But here's the thing. Using the DPCI pretty much marks you as a collector or scalper.

bigbarada
06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I did not know there were many concepts for the McSnowtrooper - I loved the fig of this one at CIV - anyone have a pic of the Samauri design Barada meantioned? (thanks)

This isn't a great drawing of them, but you can see a few carrying their "duffel bags" out of the AT-AT (this is when the AT-ATs were much lower to the ground). The "samurai" design elements are pretty obvious.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/books/taosw/bigfoot1.jpg

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 06:46 PM
I've seen you all reference the DPCI trick before...fill me in. How's it work? Just asking employees seems to work badly for me. I could use some extra ammo.Use the phones, Luke! ;) Here's how I roll with the DCPI #, I try 2 different scanners (provided the scanners are the new kind with the numbers on the side) because sometimes 1 will lie; if not, I try the courtesy phones; if I'm feeling bold I find an employee.

You see those red scanners with numbers at Target? (1 to 9 plus a 0?) Not every Target has those. But if a store does, you just plug in the number for the item you're looking for. (Just look at the number on the peg where the item should be). It will tell you if it's on an aisle, and if so, where. The second line tells you if it's in the stockroom.Yeah, but those things have been lying a lot lately, I'll go to 1 and it'll say "in stock: no" and then I'll go to another in a different section and it'll say "yes". I think they're messing with them.

Thing is, Target has been stricter about not pulling stuff from the back. More and more Targets, at least in my area, have put out little signs saying they won't pull out collectibles. Yeah, they've come down hard in my area, got to work your tail off finding an employee who isn't going to lie to your face or just say no.

But here's the thing. Using the DPCI pretty much marks you as a collector or scalper.I love when they get all antsy and protective of their mighty secrets: "how do you know about that number?!?" - hi, stupid jerk employee, it's right there on the shelf tag under the UPC number, and now I'm off to report you to the company for being rude to a customer.

Luuuuuuke
06-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I've never had an employee get rude with me because I had the DPCI, and I only remember being lied to once, and that was over the Wii. But more and more they'll just politely tell me about their policy. It's hard to argue once they do that, especially if they're courteous.

Also, I think employees have gotten more knowledgeable about hard to find items like McFigures than before. I really think the only reason I found McChewie 30 mins after Target opened is that an employee put those out AFTER the rush of early collectors/scalpers left.

And one employee at Commerce Target told me they don't always put in stock items out in the morning, even if they get it the night before. He said it was to give everyone a fair shot.

bigbarada
06-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Also, I think employees have gotten more knowledgeable about hard to find items like McFigures than before. I really think the only reason I found McChewie 30 mins after Target opened is that an employee put those out AFTER the rush of early collectors/scalpers left.

Every once in a while someone tries to buy a figure and their credit card is denied at the register. So the cashier will just toss the figures into a basket and they are put back on the shelf whenever someone has the time. So that could also be why those figures showed up so late.

Just an alternate possibility.

Luuuuuuke
06-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Every once in a while someone tries to buy a figure and their credit card is denied at the register. So the cashier will just toss the figures into a basket and they are put back on the shelf whenever someone has the time. So that could also be why those figures showed up so late.

Just an alternate possibility.

Ooh, that would suck. I can just see the customer lamely saying, "Oh man. Well, I can take them back and hang them myself." Yeah right.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 08:51 PM

And one employee at Commerce Target told me they don't always put in stock items out in the morning, even if they get it the night before. He said it was to give everyone a fair shot.I can confirm this, depending on the toy dept manager, some of the stores in my area put out a little product in the morning and then put out more in the afternoon and even evening. The problem is that they aren't consistent on this policy, some stores do it while others don't, some dept managers do it while other's don't, some managers sit on their stock while others put it out on the shelves as soon as they can (this is what the policy claims they're doing but generally it's not the case).

AmanaMatt
06-08-2007, 02:01 AM
This isn't a great drawing of them, but you can see a few carrying their "duffel bags" out of the AT-AT (this is when the AT-ATs were much lower to the ground). The "samurai" design elements are pretty obvious.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/books/taosw/bigfoot1.jpg

Thanks, Barada - it gives me a cool idea what you mean.....this is a good year for Snowtroopers; we get the Vintage, the Prequel EU Galactic Marine with the classic deco and the McSnowtrooper....NOT BAD! Thanks again!

figrin bran
06-08-2007, 02:27 AM
I can confirm this, depending on the toy dept manager, some of the stores in my area put out a little product in the morning and then put out more in the afternoon and even evening. The problem is that they aren't consistent on this policy, some stores do it while others don't, some dept managers do it while other's don't, some managers sit on their stock while others put it out on the shelves as soon as they can (this is what the policy claims they're doing but generally it's not the case).

JT, would this include any of the stores i go to? you may PM the info back to me if you wish.

Old Fossil
06-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of McLuke showing up at either an online retailer or a brick-and-mortar store? Or, to the Wise (and those who went to CIV): what are the odds of seeing Luke available for purchase anywhere other than Ebay and comic shops?

Droid
06-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of McLuke showing up at either an online retailer or a brick-and-mortar store? Or, to the Wise (and those who went to CIV): what are the odds of seeing Luke available for purchase anywhere other than Ebay and comic shops?

I think that they will probably turn up online again next week. I think they got pulled from Hasbro's online retailer over the coupon fiasco. Once that is cleared up I'm hoping they show up again.

Luuuuuuke
06-08-2007, 03:56 PM
I think that they will probably turn up online again next week. I think they got pulled from Hasbro's online retailer over the coupon fiasco. Once that is cleared up I'm hoping they show up again.

Speaking of that, if any of you still want Concept Lukes you ordered from Hasbro's online shop, you'd better call Hasbro and let them know.

At first, after the fiasco, they said if you still wanted this item shipped despite the discount being rescinded and the shipping costs being included, all you had to do was NOT call and cancel it. (In other words, they would assume you want the Luke and they would just ship it) Well, apparently they realized that could cause a lot of problems, legal ones. So now you have to call and tell them you still want it.

Check your emails if you haven't already.

figrin bran
06-08-2007, 10:47 PM
In our SSG Q&A, they said that the McLukes might show up on HTS the week of 6/18

JediTricks
06-09-2007, 04:30 AM
JT, would this include any of the stores i go to? you may PM the info back to me if you wish.Yeah, Eagle Rock and Pasadenas and even West Hollywood, all to varying degrees.

K M Toydarian
06-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Got to thinking about all the figures that have been showing up on Hasbrotoyshop lately and was wondering if they are confined by the same type of case assortments as regular retailers.
Do they get this stuff in "bulk" and just obviously sell out quickly of the more demanded figures like the McQuarries, or are they now swimming in Lukes and Hans?
There seems to have been a lot of Troopers and Fetts recently. Will they continue to stock these, or stop at some point because they are overloaded with figures from the rest of the wave.
Got me thinking, since McChewy is only one per case, unlike Fett, and in fewer assotments that we know of right now than McStormy, will he show up online in decent, accessible numbers?

Just a thought.

JediTricks
06-09-2007, 05:26 AM
HTS seems to get the regular merch that goes out to retailers.

figrin bran
06-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Yeah, Eagle Rock and Pasadenas and even West Hollywood, all to varying degrees.

thanks JT. however, even when i go to those stores later in the day, i don't seem to have too much success.

JediTricks
06-10-2007, 03:41 PM
It's luck of the draw, it's never 1 specific time so you just have to be there after it happens, and there are certain days where it never pays off (Monday seems to be a biggie). They don't do it on weekends either.

figrin bran
06-10-2007, 05:15 PM
It's luck of the draw, it's never 1 specific time so you just have to be there after it happens, and there are certain days where it never pays off (Monday seems to be a biggie). They don't do it on weekends either.

Never tell me the odds, JT! :p

Sith Lord 0498
06-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Got to thinking about all the figures that have been showing up on Hasbrotoyshop lately and was wondering if they are confined by the same type of case assortments as regular retailers.
Do they get this stuff in "bulk" and just obviously sell out quickly of the more demanded figures like the McQuarries, or are they now swimming in Lukes and Hans?
There seems to have been a lot of Troopers and Fetts recently. Will they continue to stock these, or stop at some point because they are overloaded with figures from the rest of the wave.
Got me thinking, since McChewy is only one per case, unlike Fett, and in fewer assotments that we know of right now than McStormy, will he show up online in decent, accessible numbers?

Just a thought.

I think you're right because all of the HTF figures sell out quickly there. Now you'd think that Hasbro would create full cases of those figures to sell on-line. There's no finite amount of pegs to clog with such duplicates, and they would sell a ton of the figures that collectors and army builders really want. And it wouldn't hurt their retailer accounts much (WM, Target, etc.) because the more common figures would still get snatched up by kids and collectors who don't want to pay shipping charges on the 27th Vader figure released in two years. :D

Old Fossil
06-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Chewie's 1 per case??? Nuts. I found the 1 I need at Target this morning, the only McFig on the pegs. Probably will never see one at retail again, just like Fett.

Chewie IS huge. Looks like they had to bend his legs at the knee joint to get him in that bubble.

JediTricks
06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
All the McQuarrie concept figures are 1 per case in their initial respective waves.

Luuuuuuke
06-10-2007, 11:44 PM
All the McQuarrie concept figures are 1 per case in their initial respective waves.

I thought McFett was the exception. Isn't he two per case in the initial wave?

I found 4 McFetts, and a lot of people say that's the one that has given them the most problem of the three that have hit retail. I've gotten 3 McChewies, one of them to sell at cost to a friend from an LOTR site. For me the McStormtrooper has been the really hard to find one.

The only reason I have a McTrooper is I had a case pulled when TAC first came out. I ordered one from BBTS for $12.99 before TAC even came out but it's been forever and no shipping notice. I'm hoping to find one at retail so I can cancel that order.

K M Toydarian
06-11-2007, 01:35 AM
McFett was 2 per case in the original wave 2 case. 6 new figures in that wave, all 2 per case. I ordered that online, but have not seen a fett on the pegs. I got the 2 troopers I have because when wave 1 hit Target was pretty barren of figures, so most stores had them to put out when they reset the pegs. I knew if I went out in the morning I would find one eventually back then.
Now, with a few slower moving figures on the pegs, and refresh cases with fewer new figures, and the legends, there is less of a chance new cases will be put out, let alone me being the only, or first person to them.
I am ordering new cases from Entertainment Earth, but Chewy is only in one assortment so far, so I don't want to get a whole other case just for a second of him.
I would love Hasbrotoyshop to make available a "bundle" of McQuarrie figures. That would sell well. No special packaging, just all the McQuarrie figures available at once.

Luuuuuuke
06-11-2007, 03:22 AM
I am ordering new cases from Entertainment Earth, but Chewy is only in one assortment so far, so I don't want to get a whole other case just for a second of him.
I would love Hasbrotoyshop to make available a "bundle" of McQuarrie figures. That would sell well. No special packaging, just all the McQuarrie figures available at once.

Entertainment Earth wave 5 is perfect for me because you get two McQuarrie figures plus several really cool figures even a non-completist like me doesn't mind getting.

I'm actually confident for some reason that the Concept Vader and Leiah Starkiller won't be as incredibly hard to find as the pervious McQuarries. I have no real good reason beyond the fact that Vader is such a heavily produced figure and there's no reason for reasonable(non-hoarding, non-scalpery) people to buy more than 2 or 3 of these. And female characters tend to not do as well as male figures. At least that's how it seems.

I'm more worried about the McSnowtrooper and other potential army builders. I'd rather not have to order these online, but I'm not sure what I'll do.

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Hmm, that's weird, I thought all of 'em were 1 per case "chase" figures. Oh well, better change that question in the Q&A voting thread.

tagmac
06-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Looking at the new waves posted on Entertainment Earth, it looks like McHan and McQuarrie Trooper will both be two per case, with only re-packs being packed one per. Perhaps we'll actually have a better chance at finding them, although I have to disagree about the McLeia fig. It's one per case, and not in any other assortment. Only McVader appears in more than one case.

Incidentally, I actually found one of these at retail, for the first (and likely only) time. I picked up the entire Wave 3 at TRU yesterday morning, taking advantage of a few days off to get there at opening for once. They only had one McChewie and Jawa, but I'm glad to say that for once I beat out that local scalper in nabbing this set. Once I go back to work next week, I won't be able to get to the stores when they open anymore, so this was a nice stroke of luck.

DarkArtist
06-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I want them all. I think these are some of the coolest figures to date. I just hope I can score a complete set since the Obi Wan and Yoda are SDCC exclusives as well as the Grievous. Still looking for the Chewie. Preordered waves 4-7 from EE so at least I will score one of each of the McFigures in those waves.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I was in Springfield, MO for the past week and found Chewbacca at Target. I didn't see it the first night when I looked, but I found it the next day. I still haven't seen Concept Boba Fett yet.

Luuuuuuke
06-27-2007, 02:18 AM
I want them all. I think these are some of the coolest figures to date. I just hope I can score a complete set since the Obi Wan and Yoda are SDCC exclusives as well as the Grievous. Still looking for the Chewie. Preordered waves 4-7 from EE so at least I will score one of each of the McFigures in those waves.

I think the Concept Grievous is supposed to be made available online eventually, either HTS or SWS. Not sure about Obi and Yoda though.

figrin bran
06-27-2007, 02:43 AM
Obi-Wan and Yoda will be available at HTS. which means you better keep your eyes peeled and check it multiple times a day in the days following SDCC :p

K M Toydarian
06-27-2007, 11:13 AM
I wonder if SWshop will have a comic con preorder for pick up on the Concept Grevious like they have now for the Shadow speeder. Hasbrotoyshop probably won't for McObi and McYoda though I guess.
BTW- Is concept Grevious based on anyone's concept art in particular (that they acknoledge at least)? Like Chiang or McQuarrie?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-27-2007, 11:52 AM
I wonder if SWshop will have a comic con preorder for pick up on the Concept Grevious like they have now for the Shadow speeder. Hasbrotoyshop probably won't for McObi and McYoda though I guess.
BTW- Is concept Grevious based on anyone's concept art in particular (that they acknoledge at least)? Like Chiang or McQuarrie?Notice that the line's name is "Concept [character]," not the "McQuarrie Line." McQuarrie's name is listed on his designs, but it leaves the door open for the other concept artists' work.

And, to the best of my knowledge, Ralph did not work on the Prequels, excpet as a guide from previous work.

figrin bran
06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
The Concept Grievous won't be out until October and thus you won't be able to get one at comic con.

darko666
06-27-2007, 04:40 PM
BTW- Is concept Grevious based on anyone's concept art in particular (that they acknoledge at least)? Like Chiang or McQuarrie?

Warren Fu did the concept art for Grievous in the Star Wars Visionaries book, which the Pre-Cyborg Grievous toy is based off of, and the Grievous concepts for ROTS.

jedi master sal
06-27-2007, 05:13 PM
LUKE IS UP FOR SALE!!!

GO!!!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&ID=19901&PG=1

-Sal

Kidhuman
06-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Got one. Thanks Sal

jedi master sal
06-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Cool.

Did you move my post that was the direct link to it?

Just curious, because it wasn't even up but for 5 minutes and then bam. moved.

I would have taken it down myself after today, but I figured that it was a good thing to put in this section since this is one of the most heavily trafficked areas.

-Sal

Kidhuman
06-27-2007, 05:40 PM
I moved it to the internet Just found area, and merged it with the other.

K M Toydarian
06-27-2007, 06:37 PM
The Concept Grievous won't be out until October and thus you won't be able to get one at comic con.

I was just going by C4's sign in front of the figure that says *SW Online Shop Comic Con Exclusive*. Even though it says Oct. 07, I guess I thought that was when it would be available online. What does it have to do with Comic Con then? Is there another show somewhere else in October?

Thanks for all the info on Concept Grevious guys, about the character's origins.:)

Anybody order Luke to see if they fixed their system to not allow coupons?

Old Fossil
06-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Got mine ordered, too, at long last. Thanks, JMS!!!:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
06-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Got mine ordered, too, at long last. Thanks, JMS!!!:thumbsup:

No problem. I'm glad to have helped.

I actually ordered 3 on seperate order. I hope they don't cancel them as they were seperate. If they do cancel them, then I hope it's not all three of them. I really just need two (1 carded/1 loose). The other is for a friend of mine in Mexico.

So it's a wait and see for me if they honor all of them.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Cool, I got one ordered along with a couple more packs of stands. I was going to order two, but didn't know there was a limit until the checkout told me.

After being away for a week, I checked the stores here today. Looks like I might have missed out on the concept Boba Fett again. Target had a couple of pilot Biggs and the rest of wave two.

figrin bran
06-27-2007, 10:31 PM
I was just going by C4's sign in front of the figure that says *SW Online Shop Comic Con Exclusive*. Even though it says Oct. 07, I guess I thought that was when it would be available online. What does it have to do with Comic Con then? Is there another show somewhere else in October?

Thanks for all the info on Concept Grevious guys, about the character's origins.:)

Anybody order Luke to see if they fixed their system to not allow coupons?

I remember seeing the pics on the first day of CIV and the sign read exactly as you described it. However, when i went on Friday, the "Comic Con" on the sign was blacked out. As far as i know it'll just be an online and not a convention exclusive.

K M Toydarian
06-28-2007, 12:41 AM
I remember seeing the pics on the first day of CIV and the sign read exactly as you described it. However, when i went on Friday, the "Comic Con" on the sign was blacked out. As far as i know it'll just be an online and not a convention exclusive.

Interesting. It was Fan Clud Thurs I really looked at it (while waiting in the "line with no end") , so that explains it, and the pics I referred back to were probably that first day too.
Would loved to have picked it up in person rather than pay shipping, Oh well.

Kidhuman
07-06-2007, 12:10 AM
No problem. I'm glad to have helped.

I actually ordered 3 on seperate order. I hope they don't cancel them as they were seperate. If they do cancel them, then I hope it's not all three of them. I really just need two (1 carded/1 loose). The other is for a friend of mine in Mexico.

So it's a wait and see for me if they honor all of them.

Anyone get theres yet? Mine states shipped on the 27th of June but yet nothing...????....!!!!!:upset:

darko666
07-06-2007, 12:12 AM
my order was sent to the warehouse on the 28th, and shipped on the 30th, and i ordered it the day they went on sale. should get it next week.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I place my order on 6/27. It says it shipped on 6/29, but I've not seen it yet. The holiday might have slowed things down, so maybe it will show up tomorrow or Saturday.

Old Fossil
07-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Got my Luke yesterday, after having ordered it on the 27th.

mm74md
07-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Still waiting on my Lukes. One I ordered on 6/27 and Shipped on 6/29 still hasn't arrived yet

Ji'dai
07-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I didn't order McLuke or the McDroids since I refuse to support exclusives at all. After thirty years of buying SW toys and watching my interest wane over the last few years, this particular line has refreshed my enthusiasm for collecting; now only to be quashed by Hasbro's decision to make these figures exclusives or by shortpacking the ones going to retail.

jedi master sal
07-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Well, so far I got one of the three I ordered. It figures that it would be the one with JUST the McLuke in it. The other two were 1 McLuke and 2 Rebel Honor Guards each. Still waiting on those two.

Waht's strange is that I received an e-mail about the two I haven't yet receieved, as being shipped, yet received NO word about the one I actually did get...weird.

-Sal

Kidhuman
07-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I got mine today, both of them. One for me and one for a friend at work. Really sweet looking figure.

TheDarthVader
07-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Is the concept stormtrooper's lightsaber supposed to glow in the dark? I thought that the first release had a glow in the dark saber. Is this correct?

figrin bran
07-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I got the 2 McFetts that i ordered from HTS. Unfortunately both had bent cards. I was hoping to keep at least one MOC.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Is the concept stormtrooper's lightsaber supposed to glow in the dark? I thought that the first release had a glow in the dark saber. Is this correct?I just checked it out. My Saga version does, but the TAC version does not.

JediTricks
07-07-2007, 01:04 AM
Is the concept stormtrooper's lightsaber supposed to glow in the dark? I thought that the first release had a glow in the dark saber. Is this correct?
I can confirm that the TAC version absolutely does not glow in the dark, and the packaging doesn't claim it does. I took the core out - it slides out easily - and put it under blacklight next to the original's core to charge it, the original glows like a maniac while the new one not even an iota.

Darth Cruel
07-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Ralph McQuarrie is given a great deal of credit for making Star Wars happen due to his concept art. I hold the man and his work in high regard.
I will happily buy all of them twice. And a third General Pharl McQuarrie for a Hoth scene. I completely love this sub-line.

I bought extra Lukes and Droids at C4 just to trade for any of these I may miss in the future. The loose set I displey will make me do something I have yet to do in 30 years of being a fan...buy art to display them with.

Edit - And by the way - I can not understand why Hasbro is messing up the names so badly. I may be completely stoned. And I will be re-checking my sources. But my memory has the "Luke Skywalker" concept figure as Deak Starkiller (which everyone now knows), but I also seem to remember the Chewbacca concept figure was Han Solo and the Han Solo one coming out later was General Luke Skywalker. I will get back to everyone on those.

Darth Cruel
07-07-2007, 03:05 AM
This is the description of General Luke Skywalker from the first draft of the story:

At that moment, all heads turn as someone enters the room. It is General Luke Skywalker, Commander of the Aquilaean Starforce. He is a large man,
apparently in his early sixties, but actually much older. Everyone senses the
aura of power that radiates from this great warrior. Here is a leader: a
Jedi general. He looks weary, but is still a magnificent-looking warrior.
His face, cracked and weathered by exotic climates, is set off by a close
silver beard, and dark, penetrating eyes. Sandage is somewhat embarrassed and quietly sits down.

And a link to a pic of "Han Solo"

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87500G#LargeImage

I was wrong about Chewbacca being Han Solo, though. Here is the description of Han:

General Skywalker embraces Han Solo, the underground contact. Han is a huge, green skinned monster with no nose and large gills.

I do remember seeing the art for him.

Chewbacca is described as:

The eight foot Chewbacca, who resembles a huge, grey bushbaby
with fierce baboon-like fangs, struggles to free his companions.

I guess that works for the McQuarrie Chewbacca.

Edit - And on a final note: The wave 5 "Luke Starkiller" fits the description of another incarnation of Deak Starkiller who is killed by a Sith Knight pretty much immediately after he is introduced. He is 10 years old.

darko666
07-07-2007, 12:23 PM
the concept Luke arrived early at my house today. great figure, i should have ordered 2, mainly so i could set it up with the concept vader coming out. but one is better than none. Chewbacca still escapes my grasp, but i'll get him eventually.

kyjedi
07-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I have to agree that some of the sculpts and alot of the paint jobs need some work. But deep down I wish hasbro would finnish a run like, saga 2 before launching another so hard to keep up with these days

kyjedi
07-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Dude that sucks I'd be bent if they sent me a bent card.

kyjedi
07-07-2007, 03:39 PM
maybe they're variations

TheDarthVader
07-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I can confirm that the TAC version absolutely does not glow in the dark, and the packaging doesn't claim it does. I took the core out - it slides out easily - and put it under blacklight next to the original's core to charge it, the original glows like a maniac while the new one not even an iota.

That's a bummer. I was hoping that the new one glowed as well. My plan was to keep my saga trooper in the package and open the new one. I have already opened to new one so I will not be opening the one with the glowing saber. Care to try this for Yarael Poof? It would be much appreciated. :)

Mad Slanted Powers
07-08-2007, 03:00 PM
That's a bummer. I was hoping that the new one glowed as well. My plan was to keep my saga trooper in the package and open the new one. I have already opened to new one so I will not be opening the one with the glowing saber. Care to try this for Yarael Poof? It would be much appreciated. :)

I was just about to post that. Poof's saber doesn't appear to glow either.

JediTricks
07-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Nope, doesn't glow for him either, in fact that's how I first discovered it.

waboritas
07-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Anyone notice that the McChewie fig is wearing gloves, but in the picture (concept art) on the card he does not. Wonder why they did this.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-14-2007, 10:54 PM
I came so close to getting Concept Boba Fett today. I didn't go shopping as early as usual since I had a ticket to see Harry Potter at noon. I stopped at Wal-Mart first and someone was looking at the figures and had Boba Fett in his hand, possibly two. Then someone he knew showed up and they were talking in some Asian language. I didn't see any more Bobas on the pegs.

figrin bran
07-31-2007, 02:31 AM
I opened up my McQuarrie Yoda/Obi Wan set and my preliminary grade for it is a B-/C+.

Obi-Wan has a decent sculpt and good articulation in the upper body. However, the pants are really flared out like the POTC figures and he has ankle articulation yet no knee articulation which is useless if you ask me. The skirt is white and provides too much of a contrast from the light beige with purple trim robes.

Yoda's skirt is flared out too much which makes him look really ridiculous. This is one instance in which a sculpted skirt would've worked better than soft goods.

jedi master sal
07-31-2007, 02:21 PM
I opened up my McQuarrie Yoda/Obi Wan set and my preliminary grade for it is a B-/C+.

Obi-Wan has a decent sculpt and good articulation in the upper body. However, the pants are really flared out like the POTC figures and he has ankle articulation yet no knee articulation which is useless if you ask me. The skirt is white and provides too much of a contrast from the light beige with purple trim robes.

Yoda's skirt is flared out too much which makes him look really ridiculous. This is one instance in which a sculpted skirt would've worked better than soft goods.

What...you don't like hoop skirts on your action figures? lol

DarkArtist
07-31-2007, 04:53 PM
just picked up two Boba's and 1 Chewie. I also ordered 2 Chewie's on HasbroToyShop.com and bidding on a loose one on ebay.

figrin bran
08-01-2007, 02:52 AM
Since we like to rank the VOTC/VTSC figures over on another thread, here's my ranks for the Concept Series thus far

1. Boba Fett
2. Chewbacca
3. Stormtrooper
4. C3P0/R2D2
5. Luke
6. Obi Wan/Yoda

dead last. Rebel Trooper

jedi master sal
08-01-2007, 11:27 AM
GO NOW!!!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCategory.htm?CD=121&ST=SO&ID=20333&PG=1

Here's the R2-KT link as well if you want it:
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=275&ID=20334

Also if your order totals at least $50 you can use this code: sptier07
and get $10 off.

-Sal

DarthRusty
08-01-2007, 05:48 PM
After what happened with the Luke's do we really want to be messing around with codes on these?

DarkArtist
08-01-2007, 06:22 PM
just placed my order for 2 of the Mc Obi and Yoda sets from HTS.com, along with 2 of the R2-KT. can't wait for these guys to get here.

waboritas
08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Picked up my second McChewie yesterday. So far I have:
(2) McStormies
(2) McFetts
(1) McR2 and 3P0 (Too expensive to purchase a second set)
(1) McLuke (may purchase another if HTS ever gets it in stock)
(2) McChewies
(1) McObi and Yoda (on order)
(1) McDarth (on order; will purchase another at retail)

From what I have the McStormy is the best, trailing right behind is McBoba.

darko666
08-02-2007, 04:14 PM
all i need is one of each. but i do have to say, thats some good luck you have being able to come across them in stores. if i come across any of them in stores, i would buy it, mainly so a scalper doesn't get his hands on it.

jedi master sal
08-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Picked up my second McChewie yesterday. So far I have:
(2) McStormies
(2) McFetts
(1) McR2 and 3P0 (Too expensive to purchase a second set)
(1) McLuke (may purchase another if HTS ever gets it in stock)
(2) McChewies
(1) McObi and Yoda (on order)
(1) McDarth (on order; will purchase another at retail)

From what I have the McStormy is the best, trailing right behind is McBoba.

Okay, here's what I have:
(2) McStormies: 1 carded-1 loose plus 4 from the previous issue
(3) McFetts: 1 carded-2 loose (one for each helmet)
(2) McR2 and 3P0: 1 carded-1 loose
(2) McLuke: 1 carded-1 loose
(2) McChewies: 1 carded-1 loose
(2) McObi and Yoda (on order): 1 carded-1 loose (when I recieve them)

I'll get 2 each of the rest when they come out, except Vader for whom I'll get 3, again for the extra helmet.

I'm keeping one set carded and having the other set loose to display together closely.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I have two each of:

Stormtrooper
Chewbacca
R2-D2 & C-3PO

I have one each of:

Boba Fett
Luke Skywalker

I've ordered two of the Obi-Wan/Yoda pack, and I have a case on order with one Darth Vader in it.

So, I still would like to get another Boba and Luke, and when wave 4 shows up I'll be looking for another Vader.

timmae
08-02-2007, 10:53 PM
i left a mcchewey at target today(had extra good luck finding him-never saw a boba though-went through epay). had my hands full of the vintage. cutting them open to send for coinage tomorrow!:thumbsup:

timmae
08-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Since we like to rank the VOTC/VTSC figures over on another thread, here's my ranks for the Concept Series thus far

1. Boba Fett
2. Chewbacca
3. Stormtrooper
4. C3P0/R2D2
5. Luke
6. Obi Wan/Yoda

dead last. Rebel Trooper
mine...
1. boba
2. stormy
3. luke
4. 3po-r2
5. chewy
6. obi-yoda

Kidhuman
08-03-2007, 01:50 AM
I have 1 of each except Chewier in which it is 2( I opened on on accident)They are all carded.

Old Fossil
08-03-2007, 11:44 AM
One of each, carded, for me so far.

DarthQuack
08-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Got the McFett today in the mail, all caught up with McFigs.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 10:12 PM

Yoda's skirt is flared out too much which makes him look really ridiculous. This is one instance in which a sculpted skirt would've worked better than soft goods.I must concur, and add that while they're both kinda interesting, neither really sings. Obi-Wan's costume shoulders don't stand out enough and the white and blue isn't much of an impact. The head sculpt is that guy with livelier eyes, but that guy is generic now somehow. What really disappointed me is they gave him the ROTS Obi-Wan lightsaber and a modified version of the hilt (modified in that it was the lit version without the blade rather than the unlit version they already had, I believe).

Yoda isn't craggy enough and his nose is too pronounced, the art is right there showing his hair and ears are different too. And he's too tall. Honestly, this is the first set where I've thought they got too far away from the 2d art sources.

I'm collecting this line 1 & 1, which is a total first for me for an entire subline. It's McQuarrie, the guy rocks and it makes me want to treat these things as art.

Val Da Car
08-10-2007, 04:09 PM
so would anyone armybuild the McStormies if they could?

jedi master sal
08-10-2007, 04:17 PM
I have 1 of each except Chewier in which it is 2( I opened on on accident)They are all carded.

Hey, KH, do you need an unopened McChewie as well still?

I have the McTrooper for you. Let me know and I can ship both out to you. IIRC, the extra McChewie was from KMart and might be a dollar more, I'll check that to be certain. I believe it's MOC, however it does have the KMart price tag on the bubble, so it's up to you to remove that. Goo-gone works fine on that and won't ruin the bubble.

This can just be added to our deal for the McTrooper/Fig to be named later.

LMK

and if so then, "That's two you owe me junior."
-Sal

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 06:05 PM
so would anyone armybuild the McStormies if they could?
I have 4 now including the original version, but that's it for me. I like how they look, but the most I've ever seen together in any of the paintings is 3, so that's what feels "right".

Kidhuman
08-10-2007, 07:21 PM
No SAl, I have found about 15 McChewies and got enough of those. I have an extra carded one to trade. Just a McStormie and a McFett is all I need.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-10-2007, 07:36 PM
so would anyone armybuild the McStormies if they could?Probably not for the same reasons JT mentioned. I have one of the original version and two of the new version (one opened, one carded). Besides, I've not seen any in a while to tempt me anyways. What I have is probably enough.

TheDarthVader
08-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I would not army build the troopers if I could. Yes, I do have an army of snowtroopers but those are the only troops I have built an army with. I have all of these except chewie, but I will be getting him soon enough. The next one to buy will be the vader. Good luck everyone.

DarkJedi5
08-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey I saw you guys were looking for a McChewie. I have a spare MOC if anyone wants to work something out let me know. And no, I would not army build the McStormies. It's a good looking figure but lacks enough articulation to make it worth army building for me. When you're limited in the posses, it makes it noticeable how static the figure is.

Old Fossil
08-11-2007, 08:48 PM
I have one of each of these figures so far, all carded. I've seen loose shots from other collectors here, and while they do look great, I feel that the artwork on the cards (and the art & artist commentary on the back) compliments the figures to such a degree as to warrant keeping them carded. They're the only carded figures I collect, save for the VTAC wave and the very occasional "true" vintage carded figure.

MASTERKESSLER
09-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I Was ReadING The Current Star Wars Insider At Work And In The Shop Section It Had A Page Article About The Concept Grievous, But I Did Not Get To Finish Looking At It Before I Was Interupted, And When I Left I Forgot The Mag On My Desk AT WORK. I Checked Out The Star Wars Shop But It Is Not Listed. Does Any One Know Aything About This Figure?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I hadn't read the magazine yet, but I just looked for that part in there and saw the picture of the figure. This is the first I had heard of it. It sounds like it will be a StarWarsShop exclusive. No date mentioned for it. It also says prototype pictured.

MASTERKESSLER
09-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks I Just Did Not Want To Miss Out On This Figure. I Know I Am Over Reacting But The Shortage Of Figures Has Left Me Needing A Fix.

Major Karr
09-10-2007, 09:40 AM
It is up now, I just ordered one.

MASTERKESSLER
09-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Just Got Mine As Well. Pretty Pricey If You Ask Me Twenty-four Dollars Including Shipping. Ouch!

Val Da Car
09-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Was the concept line to only be McQuarrie figures/images or various concept figures?

Sweet none the less.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Did they ever say what was the concept of this figure? Was it meant to be in the line and just didnt make it in time,or was there something else with it, it just seems odd for the star wars website's shop to have an exclusive like this that would do well at retail.

JediTricks
09-10-2007, 07:24 PM
I ordered 2 since the shipping is so high on 1 and I have sealed ones of all the figures up until Vader (which I haven't found yet). Personally, that price feels too high, like $4 or so more than what it should be, but Luke was $15 at CIV I believe so it's not a huge shock.

MASTERKESSLER
09-12-2007, 09:33 AM
I Got An Email This Moring Saying That My Concept Grievous Has Been Sent. I Wish That It Was That Easy To Find And Get Other Figures.

MASTERKESSLER
09-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Hasabro Toy Shop Has Put Out Mcquarrie Chewbacca

TheDarthVader
09-13-2007, 06:09 PM
sold out already! dang it.

i am trading an animated debut boba fett for mcchewie. PM me!

AmanaMatt
09-15-2007, 07:46 PM
sold out already! dang it.

i am trading an animated debut boba fett for mcchewie. PM me!

They are everywhere here - I can pick you up one when I see it....I saw an UGH version the other day of this one...do you want just the regular one?

BanthaPoodoo
09-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Seen 2x UGH Animated Boba Fett, regular Animated Boba Fett, & around 4x McQ Chewie's...

If anyone needs stuff, I'll see what I can do if they are still there. I have traded & done business with people here in the past... so I am very reputable.

MASTERKESSLER
09-20-2007, 02:52 PM
mcquarrie chewbacca is for sale at hasbro toy shop now!-

jedi master sal
09-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Man after seeing the McSnowtrooper (on RS), I'm sold on it. I was only going to get two (one open, one carded), but now I'm planning on at least 5.
I need to display them as:
one normal
one without the outer face mask
one without the face mask and outer armor
one with the mask but not the armor
(and of course the carded one)

Old Fossil
10-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Well I just ordered Concept Greivous off starwarsshop.com, and am out $23.94. I could go on a rant as to why the heck Greivous costs more than the convention exclusives, or why it is over 2X the price of a regular carded figure. I know the answer already: because fools like me will pay what they ask, just so I can complete my Concept figure collection. I understand wanting to have an online exclusive to the site, but to go a step further and jack up the price to double that of regular retail is more of that shameless opportunism that is driving more and more collectors from the hobby every day.

I know when I've been had, but I don't have to like it:upset:. I'll be a little relieved when this Concept line is finished; with the scarcity of the line at retail, and the online and convention exclusives, it's been more of a hassle than an enjoyable experience to collect them.

TheRealDubya
10-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Well I just ordered Concept Greivous off starwarsshop.com...I know when I've been had, but I don't have to like it:upset:.

I got had twice on that guy. The good news is that it's a really great figure.

Val Da Car
10-12-2007, 05:33 PM

I went in with a group and we purchased 10 of them and the freight was only $11.95. One of the few times that group purchases worked out.

I think the Grievous is better than the r2 & c3 but those are vintage McQuarrie figures thus, they are worth it to me.

AmanaMatt
10-12-2007, 07:51 PM

In a year, he'll be half price on Ebay. As cool as he is, that is WAYYYYYY too much!

stillakid
10-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Got my Concept Grievous today. Cool figure...and a new coin for the book!

aussietrooper20
10-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I got my gold coin McQuarrie stormtrooper. its a hard one to find.

also the hologram vader isn't good designed. they shouldnt have added a lightsaber, and made him like the film version.

jedi master sal
10-13-2007, 01:23 AM
I found a Mctrooper and McFett on the pegs today. Picked them up for trade if anyone needs either/both.

bigbarada
10-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Wow, I can just say FINALLY! I found my very first McFett figure at retail today. It's the gold-coin UGH version which is less than ideal, but I'm still stoked to have actually picked one up for less than $10.:love:

I've seen quite a few McVaders and isn't the figure supposed to have a blaster? I got one and opened it and it had a holster but no blaster. Is my figure missing an accessory or did Hasbro pull the blaster at the last minute?

figrin bran
10-13-2007, 02:25 AM
BigB, McVader is supposed to have a blaster! Looks like Hasbro owes you an accessory.

bigbarada
10-13-2007, 02:45 AM
BigB, McVader is supposed to have a blaster! Looks like Hasbro owes you an accessory.

:mad: Argggh!! So, where was the blaster in the package? Because there is a slim chance that it just fell out and onto the floor when I opened him up.

I don't really want to complain to Hasbro because the odds that they will actually send me the correct blaster are pretty much nil.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-13-2007, 02:55 AM
I was looking at the pictures on Rebelscum and they show him loose with a gun, but I can't see one in the carded picture. I don't have one of my own to look at yet.

figrin bran
10-13-2007, 03:24 AM
:mad: Argggh!! So, where was the blaster in the package? Because there is a slim chance that it just fell out and onto the floor when I opened him up.

I don't really want to complain to Hasbro because the odds that they will actually send me the correct blaster are pretty much nil.

The blaster should have been inside of the holster. Maybe it did fall out after all?

El Chuxter
10-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Hmmm.... My Cobra Officer was missing a knife. This seems to be problematic across the board, just like the highly breakable hands.

DarkArtist
10-14-2007, 07:07 PM
just picked up 4 of the McSnowie Trooper. still want to find one more to have a squad of 4 troopers. have yet to see a Leia figure.

Kidhuman
10-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Here are some photos of my loose McFigs. Both Darth and Boba have the helmet variations.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Who plays drums at your place?

I don't think either of the helmets for Darth Vader are close enough to the picture on the package, which is annoying, especially since the two included are so close to each other and I wish they'd done something more interesting with it.

Kidhuman
10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Nobody plays the drums, its a stick I caught at a concert

BanthaPoodoo
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Found me a McQ Snowtrooper today... The head looks sort of screwy. You can tell that that on the concept art that the little grey nozzles on the front should be like a gas mask type deal.

On the figure it looks like two little grey decorations.... sort of disappointing but on the whole its awesome!!!

Gotta try to get me a few more to complete my McQ set!!!

(BTW, also found me a Darktrooper!!)

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't think either of the helmets for Darth Vader are close enough to the picture on the package, which is annoying, especially since the two included are so close to each other and I wish they'd done something more interesting with it.
I have to agree with this, the main art on the card is more striking than their versions (the second head in the set is intended to represent the art, but they took too many liberties with it, the "mouth/nose" and "cheeks" are trying too hard to be regular movie Vader).

And I don't like that they did the silver fabric "chain" on the cape when the art clearly shows the cape attached to the neck armor. I still dig the fig though.

orionlukteel
10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Finally getting to see a McSnowtrooper at retail, I can't shake the opinion that it's the doofiest pose I've ever seen for a carded figure. I didn't know snowtroopers knew how to Charleston.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-26-2007, 08:19 PM
I wish it'd keep it on shelves here. They could have posed it breakdancing and I suspect the LA scalper scene wouldn't have flinched. I just saw a bunch of wave 6 on shelves and none of it was this guy, it's madness.

DarthQuack
11-03-2007, 02:29 PM
McVader and McObi/Yoda are around on HTS if anyone is looking for them.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I ordered Concept Vader and Fett from Hasbro on 10/31. Fett is no longer available. That makes me caught up through wave 4 on getting two each of the concept figures, though I still need a second concept Luke. I've not seen a McFigure in the store in a long time. I've seen wave 4 and 5 in stores, but not the concept figures. I have Starkiller Hero which came in a case, but not an extra one yet. Saw wave 6 today for the first time, but no concept Snowtrooper.

Kidhuman
11-03-2007, 11:55 PM
The McSnowjob is the only one eluding me right now. I have doubles of all except the Droids. I ordered 2 more McBen/McYodas, willhave 3 of those. I have one McHan and a case on the way for the second. I have 3 Vaders and 3 Fetts(one with each head on for display) I have a sealed MOC of all. I have 2 McSnow's on order from HTs, but it has been just under a month since I ordered them.

Luuuuuuke
11-04-2007, 03:17 AM
I have doubles of all except for Starkiller(only one, and from an EE order) and haven't seen Han yet, but it's early. I just want one more Starkiller and 2 of the Hans. I do have 3 McSnowtroopers, one from a BBTS order and 2 from Wal-Mart. If I don't find any more, I'm fine with that.

The only other figure I have more of is Fett. I have 5. But I've passed on like 12 already, at least, including several UGHs.

LTBasker
11-04-2007, 04:21 PM
So far I've found:
McStormy x1
McChewie x2
McChewie UGH x1
McVader x3
McSnowy x3

Fortunately, my sister has found me a McFett and a second McStormy.

My goal is:
McStormy x6 (One carded regular, one carded UGH, 4 standing behind a McVader)
McChewie x3 (One carded regular, one carded UGH, one loose) (Done - though I need a better condition UGH version)
McFett x4 (One carded regular, one carded UGH, two loose each wearing a different head)
McSnowy x3 (One carded, two loose - one on each side of General McQuarrie) (Done)
McVader x3 (One carded, two loose each wearing a different head) (Done)
McHero x2 (One carded, one loose)
McHan x2 (One carded, one loose)
McRebel x3 (One carded, two loose - one on each side of General McQuarrie)
McLuke x2 (One carded/clamshelled, one loose)
Mc3PO & McR2 x2 (One carded/clamshelled, one loose)
McBen & McYoda x2 (One carded/clamshelled, one loose)

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-04-2007, 08:50 PM
I am finally caught up to the McSnowie including UGHs, just need Han and Egghead. The only ones I have found at retail were the first 3. Soon I will also have the regular line of these on the Tri Logo card backs as well.:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
11-05-2007, 10:46 AM
so far I have:

2 McStormies and 2 Saga McStormies
3 McFetts and UGH McFett
3 McChewie and UGH McChewie
McDroids
2 McLuke
McVader
McStarkiller
4 McSnowies
2 McYoda / McObi

Old Fossil
11-07-2007, 10:01 AM
I have 1 of each carded, plus a loose McFett to fiddle around with.

Lately I've seen several McFetts and McStormies on the pegs, and the Starkiller Hero, too. Folks should finally be able to get caught up on this line.

Val Da Car
11-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Still Need the StarKiller...but sofar I found McSolo yesterday.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 04:34 PM
I've been spying a McVader at nearly every trip I take lately, I've been avoiding the Frank&Sons scalper areas and it's been paying off. I picked up an extra Vader for trade bait, but am thinking maybe nobody wants him.

I found a McStarkiller and McFett at a WM on Monday, so shocking, I bought 'em both (Fett either as a second duplicate for the extra head or trade bait). Now I have open/moc for all up to wave 5, I have a lead on a McSnowtrooper but not in hand yet.

Concept Starkiller is an interesting figure, it's not all that accurate to the art but it's a fairly decent figure in its own rite.

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2007, 07:29 PM
I have yet to see any of these at retail, besides the McQuarrie general dude.

Now if you all will excuse me, I am going to get some grub at McDonalds.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Yesterday I received the McBoba and McVader I ordered from Hasbro. The Vader had a bent corner, so I opened this one. Hopefully, the one I get in the EE case will be in better condition to keep carded.

I hadn't seen any concept figures on the pegs in a while, but today I did see a Vader at Wal-Mart. Since I have one now and have another one on the way, I passed.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I have been finding alot of MC figures lately. Fett and Vader have been very easy to find, though the UGH MCStorm Trooper has been a hard find, being i dont know anyone in my area to find one. The Im still needing MC Han and MC Snow Stormy, and the MC Rebel Trooper...I don't care as long as I get one of each of them...Im still needing the MC 3p0 and R2D2...Damn exclusives.

AmanaMatt
11-10-2007, 05:52 PM
IF anyone sees clean White Sandtroopers, I can trade for my extras: McSnowy, UGh MC Fett, Darktrooper to name a couple!

PM if interested!

Ji'dai
11-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I got 'em all so far except for the exclusives, which I boycotted. This subline is definitely one of the highlights of the year and it's a shame Hasbro decided to p!ss on their customers by making some of these figures online or con exclusives.

As soon as I get some free time I'm going to dig my old McQuarrie portfolios out of storage and look at ways of displaying the figures with the prints.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Im pretty unhappy there are only 2 left to get, excluding the CE Droids & Luke and the RII Droids. I havent been this excited to find figures since the OTC line, and even still I just dumped them all on eBay. Im kind of bummed there wont be any in 2008, but then again I dont want them to make some ridiculous characters just to carry on the line. I would really like to obtain the portfolios as I have not seen much of it.

BTW I never saw Vader or Starkiller at retail, but I have found about 6 Snowtroopers in the last week.

Old Fossil
11-11-2007, 11:17 AM
I've seen all these at retail in the past week or so, with the exception of Concept Chewbacca.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I've never seen Chewy at Retail, though one of my friends has gotten like two of them at retail. Starkiller Hero (and all of Wave 5) have been a rough find around here, espically Starkiller, i got lucky and found a damaged one at princeton walmart, and i got my carded one from EE. Vader has been a easy find, I've seen several of them at retail over the last few weeks, and so has everyone else i know...They WERE going to make good christmas gifts...:(
I know they will bring back the Droids and Luke concept figures later on, so im not sweating not getting the droids, it was my own fault for not ordering them when i could anyway...Ya snooze ya loose.

AmanaMatt
11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
I love Hasbro's attitude with this line in the QandAs....NOT. I always love to hear the 'no plans in 2008...maybe 2009!' comments!

I just want the Mcquarrie Tie Pilot personally! That would rock!

BanthaPoodoo
11-14-2007, 03:04 PM
I've been spying a McVader at nearly every trip I take lately, I've been avoiding the Frank&Sons scalper areas and it's been paying off. I picked up an extra Vader for trade bait, but am thinking maybe nobody wants him.

I found a McStarkiller and McFett at a WM on Monday, so shocking, I bought 'em both (Fett either as a second duplicate for the extra head or trade bait). Now I have open/moc for all up to wave 5, I have a lead on a McSnowtrooper but not in hand yet.

Concept Starkiller is an interesting figure, it's not all that accurate to the art but it's a fairly decent figure in its own rite.

DUDE!!! What would you take in a trade for McFett & McVader???

Those are impossible to find around here!

Please please please trade me something for em! I would even give you money for em instead of a trade if you would do that!!!! LOL!

Luuuuuuke
11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
--I got a Concept Stormie only because I used the DPCI to get them to pull open a case. I got an extra one only by ordering through BBTS, paying far too much. I have never seen one in "the wild."
--I have seen a good number of McFetts, and have personally passed on about 3 gold coin ones. Including one gold coin Fett, I have 5 of these. I've passed on about 10 of these, in total.
--I found the two McChewies I wanted almost right away, thankfully. I've probably seen about 10 since. Got one I sent to a friend on a Lord of the Rings forum.
--One late night at a 24 Wal-Mart took care of my two McVaders. Since then, I've seen about 15. It seems to have some hanging power in my neck of L.A. But they eventually get bought.
--Starkiller has been a bear to find. In fact, I NEVER saw it at retail. I got one from an EE case; got the second in a trade with a fellow collector. In my area of L.A., wave 5 seems to be the wave that is the hardest to find, by far. Even when I've seen Darth Revan or Darth Malak, I have not seen Starkiller. Thankfully I only ever wanted 2.
--I was very lucky with the Concept Snowtrooper. I found it almost right after it came out once again by being at a 24 hour Wal-mart around 10:45 p.m. I got the two I really wanted from an opened case on a pallet. A notoriously cranky and bear-like employee gave me a tough time, but fortunately she didn't tackle me, which she could have. I got one more from a BBTS order and one more from a trade. I'd like one more, for a total of four loose.
--McHan was the other Concept figure I found very fast, at a TRU. In fact, the same morning I probably saw about 25 at two TRUs. I got the two I wanted and one more for an LOTR forum buddy. Then some a-hole scalper grabbed every single remaining one at one of the TRUs--about 12 total.

So all in all it looks like I had a relatively easy time getting these but the truth is I had to drive a lot and hit stores at stupid hours. It's do that or lose out to the scalpers.

bigbarada
11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I saw a gold-coin McStormtrooper today, but the bubble was totally crushed like someone had stepped on it. I found one of these guys pretty early on back in March, but this is only the second one I've seen on store shelves.

Only seen two McFetts this whole year and that's been in the last few weeks (one gold coin, one silver coin).

Only seen one McChewie this year too, with the gold coin.

McVader and McSnowtrooper are pegwarming pretty good at the Wal-Mart in Litchfield, IL. Especially McVader.

No sign of Starkiller or McSolo at all.

Luuuuuuke
11-14-2007, 05:36 PM
I saw a gold-coin McStormtrooper today, but the bubble was totally crushed like someone had stepped on it. I found one of these guys pretty early on back in March, but this is only the second one I've seen on store shelves.

Only seen two McFetts this whole year and that's been in the last few weeks (one gold coin, one silver coin).

Only seen one McChewie this year too, with the gold coin.

McVader and McSnowtrooper are pegwarming pretty good at the Wal-Mart in Litchfield, IL. Especially McVader.

No sign of Starkiller or McSolo at all.

I'm surprised you've seen only one Chewie but a lot of McSnowtroopers. Chewbeccas in any form tend to pegwarm. The McSnowtroopers are at least 2 per case though, so that helps. Or should.

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 10:04 PM
DUDE!!! What would you take in a trade for McFett & McVader???

Those are impossible to find around here!

Please please please trade me something for em! I would even give you money for em instead of a trade if you would do that!!!! LOL!I'm afraid they're meant to trade for McSolo, McSnowy, and/or (1 per f'ing case) McRebel, which right now I know is *insane* but I'm hoping down the road it might work out.

orionlukteel
11-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Got most of my recent HTS order today, both Starkillers were in great shape. Funny thing,tho - the invoice had her listed as STRIKEkiller.
Maybe I got a knockoff. :D

Will trade one for a McSolo if anyone is interested.:thumbsup:

Only McFigures I ever see on the pegs around here now are Chewies and Fetts, never a gold coin McFig. And I've only seen McSnowies and McVaders once, got them while I could.

Still waiting on the HTS McObiwan/Yoda set to ship in December, then just need McSolo and McRebel Trooper to finish out the McFigure collection to date.

Now I want a McNugget.

bigbarada
11-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Got most of my recent HTS order today, both Starkillers were in great shape. Funny thing,tho - the invoice had her listed as STRIKEkiller.
Maybe I got a knockoff. :D

Will trade one for a McSolo if anyone is interested.:thumbsup:

Only McFigures I ever see on the pegs around here now are Chewies and Fetts, never a gold coin McFig. And I've only seen McSnowies and McVaders once, got them while I could.

Still waiting on the HTS McObiwan/Yoda set to ship in December, then just need McSolo and McRebel Trooper to finish out the McFigure collection to date.

Now I want a McNugget.

I ate a McRib earlier.:D

BanthaPoodoo
11-15-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm afraid they're meant to trade for McSolo, McSnowy, and/or (1 per f'ing case) McRebel, which right now I know is *insane* but I'm hoping down the road it might work out.

Keep me in mind. If I see any McFigs & will get what I can & hopefully make a trade!

JediTricks
11-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Keep me in mind. If I see any McFigs & will get what I can & hopefully make a trade!
Sure thing, and good luck to ya's.

bigbarada
11-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Did anyone else get a flood of figures today? No joke, I found at least 7 or 8 McFetts and I lost count at the fifth Starkiller Hero on the pegs. Found another gold coin McTrooper (which I bought to go with my gold coin McFett) and McVader and McSnowie are still hanging around.

If you live near Litchfield, IL then I suggest going to the Super Wal-Mart there ASAP.

Ji'dai
11-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I still see quite a few McVaders and the occasional McFett, but that's about it. I did find a Starkiller today along with the rest of wave 5, but that's only the second one I've ever seen.

Pegs are full of Legends and TAC pegwarmers here, but at least the local WM is willing to put the latest waves out, sometimes stacking figs on the shelf below or on top of the pegs.

Kidhuman
11-16-2007, 09:49 PM
I got 2 McRebels this morning and tat fills me up on 1 open 1 closed sans 1 droid set. Cant wait to get them displayed all together

jedi master sal
11-16-2007, 11:15 PM
I still need the McTrooper UGH and McFett UGH, if anyone can help. Of course need the McRebel...

Lucky fellas for finding this stuff!

doch18
11-18-2007, 01:13 PM
BigBarada, thanks for the heads up. I drove 33 miles up to Litchfield. It was an amazing sight...no Starkillers left, but got a McFett, McSnowie, and a McVader and a few others I needed as well. Considering I had only seen a grand total of ONE concept figure on the pegs ever (McChewy), it was quite a nice sight.

bigbarada
11-19-2007, 12:47 AM
BigBarada, thanks for the heads up. I drove 33 miles up to Litchfield. It was an amazing sight...no Starkillers left, but got a McFett, McSnowie, and a McVader and a few others I needed as well. Considering I had only seen a grand total of ONE concept figure on the pegs ever (McChewy), it was quite a nice sight.

Glad I could help out.:thumbsup: That Wal-Mart has been in a drought for so long, I was surprised to see so much stuff show up all at once. Six pegs in the Star Wars section and an entire endcap just overflowing with waves 4-6, UGH, Saga Legends and the McQuarrie figures. Pretty amazing and I'm tempted to make another run out there tonight.

So where are you from in Southern Illinios?

MASTERKESSLER
11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
FOR TRADE:

Concept
Han Solo
Vader
Boba Fett
Snowtrooper x 3
General McQuarrie
biker scout
Darktrooper

looking for:
Concept rebel
Padme
Voolvif Monn

will trade even up for this three.

sactownkinger
11-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Just want to gives the heads up for the people collecting the Mcquarrie concept figures that @ hasbrotoyshop.com they are going to sell the Obi-Wan & Yoda concept figure for $14.99 i already placed my order but it will be avalible on 12/7/07. Anayways just wanted to let you guys know!

P.s Its not letting me post the link to the hasbro website because i dont have over 10 posts but if any buddy is intrested its on pg 11

Jayspawn
11-23-2007, 04:00 PM
A friend in NJ hooked me up with a McHan and McRebel Trooper. The one that continues to evade me is Starkiller.

DarkArtist
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
picked up 2 of the McSolo's today along with an UGH McStormie, thus completing my UGH set. My wife works at Kohls so I stopped by to see her tonight and while walking around the store, I spotted the UGH Stormie. she said that she woould put it in my stocking for Christmas.

Luuuuuuke
11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Just looking for the McRebel. Oddly enough, I've belatedly had luck finding the Starkiller.

Ji'dai
11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Found the Rebel Trooper at TRU during lunch so that completes my [non-exclusive] McQuarrie collection.

After much waffling over whether to get a set to keep carded, I finally decided to do so last month, but still needed another Chewie. But lo and behold, I find some UGH Chewies along with the Troopers today at TRU.

My McQuarrie Haul (to date):
Stormtrooper x7 (3 from 2003)
Boba Fett x3
Chewbacca x2
Darth Vader x3
Starkiller Hero x2
Snowtrooper x12
Han Solo x2
Rebel Trooper x4

BanthaPoodoo
11-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Had a good night last night.

Found a Concept Solo & Concept Vader! WOOT WOOT!!

Also picked up Tycho Celchu & RA-7. Sort of regretting not picking up R2-D2 with Cargo Net & Anakin Spirit.

Oh well.... McFigures are the main thing I'm after anyway!

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 04:08 PM
R2 isn't worth crying over, it's nothing special, you basically have this figure already, and the accessories have some frustrations to them. I suspect he'll pegwarm hard and you'll have no troubles.

I got McSolo, it's good but not quite as good as I hoped. No ankle articulation, seems a little small, another FAT lightsaber hilt, gun is very plain, the head isn't quite long enough, the eyes are off, and the neckline of the outfit is totally wrongo.

BanthaPoodoo
11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Have you gotten your hilt to fit into the hilt holder? Mine seems a little large for it.

Kidhuman
11-30-2007, 09:09 PM
All I am waiting for is my McRebels and opener Ben/Yodato ship and I need a second droid pack to open.

JediTricks
12-01-2007, 03:40 AM
Have you gotten your hilt to fit into the hilt holder? Mine seems a little large for it.
The blaster fits, but is clearly too long to fit nicely - just hold it in front of the holster and you can see the prob. They've been doing that a lot lately.

BanthaPoodoo
12-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Not the blaster, the light saber hilt. On the opposite side of the figure from the blaster holster is a little hook on the waist. The figures comes with two sabers - one extended, one just the hilt. The little hilt is supposed to snap into the little hook thing. Mine seems to be a little big for that.

Have you noticed anything odd with yours?

Sinscia Fat'o
12-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I finally got the droid two pack from star wars shop. Finally! Now if i could just find MC Han and MC Snowtrooper, i would be almost done. Why are these things so damn hard to find or short packed like they are i will never know.

JediTricks
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Not the blaster, the light saber hilt. On the opposite side of the figure from the blaster holster is a little hook on the waist. The figures comes with two sabers - one extended, one just the hilt. The little hilt is supposed to snap into the little hook thing. Mine seems to be a little big for that.

Have you noticed anything odd with yours?Friends, that is why you shouldn't post after midnight. :p I have no idea how I saw "blaster" when it's clearly not there.

Yeah, I got the hilt to stay on the clippy thing, but it's so fat it BARELY stays on there, I don't know why they made the sabers on this line so very fat when the art has them the opposite. I bet if I left the hilt in that clip, it'd fall out in a few months.

Kidhuman
12-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Got my McRebels today. Am happy I dont have to hunt any more of these figures down.

Rebo's Guiarist, if you still have a droids set left, I would like to speak with you after the holidays about paoching one from you.

Luuuuuuke
12-03-2007, 05:17 PM
No luck with McRebels so far, which sucks because I'd be pretty much done for the rest of the year if I found those. It seems like if you don't devote your morning from 6 a.m.(Wal-Marts) to 8 a.m.-ish every day, and maybe closing hours, you're at a real disadvantage in my area because of all the Frank and Sons scalpers.

There's one scalper who has even turned his boy into a scalper-in-training. Geesh!

I've been seeing more and more of the green AOTC clones. Saw like 3 or 4 at the Covina Wal-Mart this morning.

BanthaPoodoo
12-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Friends, that is why you shouldn't post after midnight. :p I have no idea how I saw "blaster" when it's clearly not there.

Yeah, I got the hilt to stay on the clippy thing, but it's so fat it BARELY stays on there, I don't know why they made the sabers on this line so very fat when the art has them the opposite. I bet if I left the hilt in that clip, it'd fall out in a few months.

Good. Glad it wasnt just me. Guess I'll leave it out & put it somewhere I can remember to find it!

concept_gonk_droid
12-03-2007, 10:19 PM
The only way I would have ever found these guys at retail is through my friend who manages a TRU. Also got the elusive DarkTrooper. Still looking for waves 7 and 7.5, for McHanSolo; these haven't hit TRU in Northern Virginia, but Wal Mart has already sold through them. The quest never ends . . . This TRU manager is a true friend to family collectors ever since he saw a guy buy 5 McVaders and an 8 year old kid came looking for one 5 minutes later.

concept_gonk_droid
12-03-2007, 10:22 PM
One way to deal with scalpers is to start a network of trading among forum members - which figures do you need?

Kidhuman
12-03-2007, 10:27 PM
The only way I would have ever found these guys at retail is through my friend who manages a TRU. Also got the elusive DarkTrooper. Still looking for waves 7 and 7.5, for McHanSolo; these haven't hit TRU in Northern Virginia, but Wal Mart has already sold through them. The quest never ends . . . This TRU manager is a true friend to family collectors ever since he saw a guy buy 5 McVaders and an 8 year old kid came looking for one 5 minutes later.

Wave 7 has hit Va. If you go to the just found area, we here in Va(be it SW Va or NoVa,) have found them. Feel free to join in and post your finds there.

sactownkinger
12-04-2007, 04:30 AM
Good find i had the other day Got Mc Solo@ WM an extra snowtrooper @TRU for any trade offers. and i got a UGH stormtrooper from wal-mart.com

Jayspawn
12-04-2007, 01:23 PM
I picked up a McVader at a Gordman's for a friend of mine.

decadentdave
12-04-2007, 07:25 PM
If anyone wants to trade I picked up an extra McVader and a Starkiller and am looking for a McSolo and a McRebel.

Also will trade for UGH versions of Ceremonial Luke/Han/Stormtrooper/Airborne Trooper/Animated Fett/McChewie

Luuuuuuke
12-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Finally found the McRebel. With that, I'm pretty much done for the year. Just the Wal-Mart comic packs left.

JediTricks
12-05-2007, 02:30 AM
Good. Glad it wasnt just me. Guess I'll leave it out & put it somewhere I can remember to find it!Yeah, keep the lit version in his hand and put the other one in the baggie of accessories (that's what I do anyway, zip-top baggie).

I still need a MOMC McSnowy, McSolo, and McRebel plus an opener McRebel. I have a McVader, McFett, Hermi Everywhere, and a couple UGHs for trade potential.

sactownkinger
12-05-2007, 03:45 AM
Yeah, keep the lit version in his hand and put the other one in the baggie of accessories (that's what I do anyway, zip-top baggie).

I still need a MOMC McSnowy, McSolo, and McRebel plus an opener McRebel. I have a McVader, McFett, Hermi Everywhere, and a couple UGHs for trade potential.

Im willing to trade my MOMC Mc snowy for an UGH skywalker if you have that one

BanthaPoodoo
12-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Saw 2x McSolo's yesterday. Can see if they still have em. If they do, I would love to trade for that McFett. That one here has been McScarce.

jamesbondo07
12-05-2007, 11:38 PM
If anyone needs a Darktrooper let me know. There are just way to many of them around here.

JediTricks
12-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Im willing to trade my MOMC Mc snowy for an UGH skywalker if you have that one'Fraid I don't, I only have the Galactic Marine and Airborne Trooper, and no longer need a McSnowy.

I need 2 McRebs, that's it for this series. Honestly, the series "feels" finished without them, but I have all the oddball pieces already so I may as well just get them last 2.

evenflow
12-08-2007, 12:07 PM
I still need the rebels as well, keep missing him at HTS.

jjreason
12-08-2007, 01:43 PM
I have the Rebels preordered, so I'm not too concerned about them. I'm still missing Starkiller hero (also on preorder, but I got my waves 6&7 before 5 as the company had to reorder).

I've really enjoyed this subline - the McQuarrie paintings are one of my favorite things about Star Wars, particularly the ESB stuff.

Jayspawn
12-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Starkiller is the only one who still evades me!

Mad Slanted Powers
12-09-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't think I've found Starkiller either. I have one from the case I ordered, but want another one to open. I've been able to find all of the others in the store at least once, but usually not more than twice. After I found my two Stormtroopers and two Chewbaccas, I don't think I've seen them since. With Boba Fett, the first time I saw one it was in someone else's hands. I found one shortly after that, and got my second from Hasbro. I don't think I've seen one since. I've seen Vader a couple times but had already ordered one from Hasbro and had wave 4 on order from EE. Then I saw the entire wave recently at Wal-Mart, so I got them all and cancelled my EE order. I have wave 6 and 7 on order. I've found an extra Snowtrooper and also traded for one on here, but haven't seen one since then. Have yet to see Solo or the Rebel.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-09-2007, 03:29 PM
I finally got Mc Snowie from HTS, and my 3PO and R2 from SWS, I found Mc Han all weekend long, and purchased four of them for gifts for christmas to my gaming group. All i need now is the MC Rebel Trooper and i'll have this done, which when i started collecting again was the only figures i was going to get 60-75 TAC figures later...i sing a different song.

BanthaPoodoo
12-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Picked up two, that right TWO McRebel's last night at TRU!! WOOT WOOT!!

JediTricks, looks like you won't have to wait very long to get one!

Now if I could only find a McStormie & a McLuke.......

Jayspawn
12-12-2007, 02:01 PM
I finally recieved my McObi-Wan and Yoda today. Ordered em a month ago. Going out today looking for McFigs. Hoping to finally find Starkiller.

jedi master sal
12-13-2007, 04:52 PM
McHan and Mc Snowtrooper are back on HTS, use holiday20 to save on shipping and get a 20% discount.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&PG=1

Go now!! Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-15-2007, 04:33 PM
McHan and Mc Snowtrooper are back on HTS, use holiday20 to save on shipping and get a 20% discount.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&PG=1

Go now!! Scroll to the bottom of the page.Excellent, I ordered the Han. Today, I found a Starkiller at Target. The card was a bit bent, but it's an opener anyway, so no big deal.

Kidhuman
01-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Well, I have all them loose sans the Droids.

DarthQuack
01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Well, I have all them loose sans the Droids.

What's behind all of them, the wood?

Kidhuman
01-10-2008, 10:06 PM
A plant in a wicker planter.

jedi master sal
01-10-2008, 11:06 PM
I need to get my McFigs together. I'm just waiting on a McReb to deliver from hasbro (to open) and I'm done with them (and TAC2007 for that matter).

Jedi_Kal-El
01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm only wainting on my McReb as well.

Jayspawn
01-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Still havnt found Starkiller.

jamesbondo07
01-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Is hasbro done releasing anymore of the Hawkbat with coin and Mcrebel with coin on there website being they don't have them listed anymore?

Kidhuman
01-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Probably, they might get them with the stands in later assortments.

orionlukteel
01-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Still havnt found Starkiller.

Trade you for a McRebel, I have one more Starkiller than I wanted. :) (Forgot one from eBay when I ordered off HTS) LMK!

Jayspawn
01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
haha, I ony have 1 McRebel too. Err. Love the avatar BTW.

jedi master sal
01-24-2008, 12:43 PM
haha, I ony have 1 McRebel too. Err. Love the avatar BTW.

I've got a loose Starkiller w/coin, if you need it.
Will take in trade any of the following:
Hawkbat clone
Kashyyyk Trooper (the new one coming out soon)

Or any of the following Comic packs (I'll pay the difference between the carded figure and the comic packs):
Lt. Jundland (Luke) & Deena Shan (Empire) OR straight trade for Deena
Mouse & Basso in Disguise (Empire)
Clone Commando & Super Battle Droid (Star Wars Tales) OR straight trade for the Commando

Obviously some of these are pending, so if you want to make the deal with the promise to pick me up any of my wants for this trade, then you've got a deal. Let me know.

-Sal

Jedi_Kal-El
01-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Got my McRebs last night. finally recieved my 7.5 and 8 cases. Sal, I was wondering if you still had that Droideka, and were still looking for a 7th Legion clone? If so let me know.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2008, 02:52 PM
I finally found a McRebel today at Target, but it was the new release with the stand instead of the coin. I went ahead and got it, but I still need to get two with the coin so I can have one carded and one to open to put the coin in the book.

K M Toydarian
03-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Got an email today from Amazon.com "recommending" some things I might like to buy based on my previous purchases and searches...

This was the best, McLuke, and "Only 3 left in stock--order soon."...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RBMHVC/ref=pe_606_8640840_pe_ar_d6
Yeah, right!

Jedi_Kal-El
03-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Got an email today from Amazon.com "recommending" some things I might like to buy based on my previous purchases and searches...

Yeah, right!

$159.99????:shocked: WTF????:shocked: Somebody really needs to put down the crack pipe over at Amazon. Man, that's just......(well, I can't say what it is right here)

decadentdave
03-18-2008, 08:54 PM
That's worse than Brian's Toys prices. lol

El Chuxter
03-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Plus $15.99 shipping.

Insane.

Val Da Car
03-18-2008, 11:52 PM

Yeah, right!

Misplaced Decimal point.........I hope.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-19-2008, 01:42 AM
I just ordered the last three :thumbsup:

K M Toydarian
03-19-2008, 02:34 AM
Misplaced Decimal point.........I hope.

I didn't think about that. It was 15.99 at Celebration.
But I know that can't be right as I am sure no one is still selling him at retail anymore.
Or perhaps I missed the email regarding how the secondary prices are to work from now on. Move the decimal place over for each year the collectible has been unavailable. Jump on it now before it's 1599.00 next year!:D