PDA

View Full Version : New VIntage Figures - How to open them?

hjwii
06-04-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before, and perhaps there is another thread that you could lead me to........

How does one open the new vintage figures without destroying the packaging? Is it possible? Or is it the necessary sacrifice to get the pieces parts so I can get the coins?

(I'm getting too old for all this... perhaps my family is right, and I need therapy...:shocked:)

Thanks for your help....
hjwii

General_Grievous
06-04-2007, 05:08 PM
They really sealed them tight this time. I had to cut some of them with scissors.

If you try opening them slowly and carefully, you might be able to save the packaging.

pbarnard
06-04-2007, 05:38 PM
If you have a very shart exacto knife, not a box cutter or kitchen knife, you can cut along the edges on the back of the shell just outside of the card. You can do this on 3 sides, fold it down and remove the card with little to no damage.

Kidhuman
06-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Stick your finger in there and yank it down.

AmanaMatt
06-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Rip, baby, Rip!

These are sealed but good. I am very glad I kept some of my cases from the first two waves.

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 04:19 PM
AH! Now the ball's in Farnsworth's court!

I just discovered an acceptable new way to open the clamshell packaging 2 weeks ago. First, you'll need a sharp-ish knife and a hard flat surface. Now, what you do is you put the clamshell on the hard surface and you cut around the heat-seals, use 3 straight cuts per seal (side, top, then side again) and the key here is you'll be cutting deep enough to cut the heat seal off the upper clamshell half but NOT off the lower half. Repeat at every heat seal, and you can now pull the shell halves apart - the upper half has notches cut out where the heat seals used to be, while the bottom half still has the heat seals so when you seal the clamshell back up, it's not all gappy.

As for the bubbles, what I always do is slice the bubble where it meets the card at the sides and bottom, but leave the top uncut. Then you can flop the tray out, play with the figure, put the figure and tray back in the bubble and now it lines up so it doesn't look like you've opened the figure.